Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? (1558 Views)

A Northerner Must Emerge President In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide.–lawal Kaita. / A Northerner Must Emerge President In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide. – Alhaji Law / Lady Comrade Emerge President Of Kwara Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Blackteeth(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2012
Honestly I don't know what to expect. Jonathan is still on his first term and Boko Haram together with some northern leaders are heating things up. So what will happen if the northerners lose the presidency again?
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
Actually it will mean more bombs going off in the North, and perhaps extended to southern part. Soldiers will run rampage in the CORE North and other flash points. If the bombing and insecurity become very extreme and unbearable, Southern militant groups will retaliate. Some Northern soldiers will then try to seize power through military coup, but it will be strongly resisted in the South South and South East.

If the military coup impasse countinue for more than a month, the Ijaw Militant Group (if GEJ is the President) or MASSSOB (if Rochas is the President) will reach-out to SS/SE/MB and perhaps SW in an attempt to secede from Nigeria.

The Yoruba intelligentsia will urge caution, diplomacy and scream Sovereign National Conference at the top of their voice. World powers will sing discordant tunes.

From there anything can happen!
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Blackteeth(m): 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2012
PointB: Actually it will mean more bombs going off in the North, and perhaps extended to southern part. Soldiers will run rampage in the CORE North and other flash points. If the bombing and insecurity become very extreme and unbearable, Southern militant groups will retaliate. Some Northern soldiers will then try to seize power through military coup, but it will be strongly resisted in the South South and South East.

If the military coup impasse countinue for more than a month, the Ijaw Militant Group (if GEJ is the President) of MASSSOB (if Rochas is the President) will reach-out to SS/SE/MB and perhaps SW in an attempt to secede from Nigeria.

The Yoruba intelligentsia will urge caution, diplomacy and scream Sovereign National Conference at the top of their voice. World powers will sing discordant tunes.

From there anything can happen!

Surely its gonna be horror. It may be worse than what you wrote. If only the entire south can unite, the north wouldn't do much damage.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2012
[I am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by phantom(m): 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
Absolutely Nothing...
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by antartica(m): 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
There wont be nigeria in 2015,unless this present government become trully accountable by bringing all the corrupt practices to book,i.e,halliburton.

Gej can not eat his cake and have it,he has to heat the nail by the haed for him to make a headway.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
patriot2:
Southerners are so stupid, when war comes instead of them to unite they start insulting themselves and they let the northerners attack their neighbours. Ojukwu lost for only one reason: he thought he didn't need the south west.
Now the same mistake is being repeated. F.ools, these people will never learn. They are dumed for ever. If things continue this way then I can imagine all of them being enslaved. F.ools who think beating their chests is enough to win a war.

Let's leave Ojukwu out of this topic, even though in Ojukwu bid to close rank with SW he released Awolowo (Yoruba leader) from prison among others.

Perhaps you should say what you think Yoruba will do if Hausa/Fulani make Nigeria ungovernable should the lose the presidency in 2015 as it it becoming likely.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
Except secession, they can only do slightly worse than what they're presently doing ......which is increase the bombings in their home turf!
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2012
patriot2:
Ojukwu was a soldier he should have formed an alliance with the Yoruba soldiers which he did not do.
On the other hand I don't understand why a middle-beltan like Gowon or Western soldiers would join the north.
Something went really wrong in all this.

We are not discussing Ojukwu here. End Of!
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2012
careytommy: Except secession, they can only do slightly worse than what they're presently doing ......which is increase the bombings in their home turf!

Secession! Can the North really secede from Nigeria? That's would be very difficult for them to contemplate. In any case, I would gladly welcome their secession. Only that Kogi and Kwara will have to be trashed out. I don't yorubas allowing them to take with them the 'sizable' yoruba population in those states.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2012
I am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Beaf: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
Nothing will happen from now until judgement day when the core-North does not get power in 2015.
In fact, the next few months will witness a massive scramble to backstab and flee ranks among core-Northern leaders after boko haram fizzles out in a bloody whimper.

Does anyone recall the fiery Tanko Yakasai? He has become a GEJ "supporter." Lol!
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2012
patriot2: those states are yoruba states, why should we give them out ?

No one said you should give them up. 'Trashed out' is the word I used. I don't know the percentage of those state that has yoruba as indigenous group. This is what needs to be ascertain and agreed to avoid conflict with North in case of split.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
Beaf: Nothing will happen from now until judgement day when the core-North does not get power in 2015.
In fact, the next few months will witness a massive scramble to backstab and flee ranks among core-Northern leaders after boko haram fizzles out in a bloody whimper.

Does anyone recall the fiery Tanko Yakasai? He has become a GEJ "supporter." Lol!

Really? When did he 'convert'? Wonders will never end.

Anyway, we await that 'apocalyptic' 2015, knowing that no matter what happens, North cannot continue to out-think, and out-wit the South, thanks to the coming of GEJ, and perhaps special mention of the much maligned Obj. These two helped unmasked the core north as bunch of toothless bullies.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by jmaine: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2012
Absolutely Nothing that is new. . .
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by antartica(m): 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2012
But do you know taht nigeria can flourish together if there is rationality?That simple word,accountability can save the whole country from rumours,anguish and miseries of war and backwardnes.

There is enough to go round but the political elite are hijacking it.The war should be between good and evil,between true nigerians and the corrupt leaders that cuts across north,east,west and south.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2012
antartica: But do you know taht nigeria can flourish together if there is rationality?That simple word,accountability [/b]can save the whole country from rumours,anguish and miseries of war and backwardnes.

There is enough to go round but the political elite are hijacking it.The war should be between good and evil,between true nigerians and the corrupt leaders that cuts across north,east,west and south.

Accountability is simplistic!

For instance we can [b]account
for oil blocks allocation in the country, but does that address fairness, equity, justice, aspiration, freedom, etc? Accountability is not near enough, we need overall restructuring.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
PointB:

Secession! Can the North really secede from Nigeria? That's would be very difficult for them to contemplate. In any case, I would gladly welcome their secession. Only that Kogi and Kwara will have to be trashed out. I don't yorubas allowing them to take with them the 'sizable' yoruba population in those states.
My reply was to show they can't do nada except secede which will be craziness and suicide rolled into one.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by antartica(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2012
PointB:

For instance we can account for oil blocks allocation in the country, but does that address fairness, equity, justice, aspiration, freedom, etc? Accountability is not near enough, we need overall restructuring.

Restructuring in a simpler form means accountability too,giving account of why things sholud be the way it is and what the benefits are boils down to restructuring.

A word in english could mean a million thing but the key thing we should alwyas be looking out for in a word is positivity,how it relates to fairness,justice,progress and the goodness of the heart.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Beaf: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2012
PointB:

For instance we can account for oil blocks allocation in the country, but does that address fairness, equity, justice, aspiration, freedom, etc? Accountability is not near enough, we need overall restructuring.

Precisely. Many of us use overly simplistic generalisations like, "corruption" and "accountability" to describe the Nigerian problem and only end up papering over the fractures, fissures, gullies and chasms that our broken national architecture has foisted on us.

The country is caught in a trap of buzzwords and easy escape routes; we energetically propound empty arguments and rage about counterfeit positions, whereas we have a fevered phobia for true federalism, which is the only true cure for our lack of development, our only guarantee for healthy competition and true representation of citizen and culture.
Until our national architecture is comprehensively restructured, buzzwords like "corruption" will remain an ephemeral dream in the wistful eyes of the generality of the population who refuse to knuckle down to stark reality, the masses who refuse to tackle the real nuts and bolts issues while chaos consumes all.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by PointB: 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2012
antartica:

Restructuring in a simpler form means accountability too,giving account of why things sholud be the way it is and what the benefits are boils down to restructuring.

A word in english could mean a million thing but the key thing we should alwyas be looking out for in a word is positivity,how it relates to fairness,justice,progress and the goodness of the heart.

If a word can be interpreted in a million ways, it is the duty of the user to explain. Throwing an ambiguous word and expecting the listener to understand your train of thought is not exactly ingenious. Your point is noted nonetheless, we seem to converge.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by deshclones(m): 8:07pm On Apr 01, 2012
antartica: There wont be nigeria in 2015,unless this present government become trully accountable by bringing all the corrupt practices to book,i.e,halliburton.

Gej can not eat his cake and have it,he has to heat the nail by the haed for him to make a headway.

English is indeed a difficult language shocked shocked
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 01, 2012
[quote author=dI am zulu
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by nduchucks: 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
Best case scenario, GEJ does not run in 2015. A true leader, strong enough to decisively deal with our problems, with very big ideas of his own, emerges. 6 years of GEJ are most certainly enough. GEJ's weakness will destroy our dear country if he gets additional term in office.

I don't care where the next President is from, we just need a befitting leader, GEJ is not that leader.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by deshclones(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2012
patriot2:
Then let's speak french.
Je pense que le nord n'a pas sa place au Nigeria. Et je pense qu'on pourrait s'en débarrasser très facilement.

je pense que nous devrions en tenir à notre languge local pour le bénéfice de ceux que la langue assassiner english.. wink wink
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by deshclones(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: Best case scenario, GEJ does not run in 2015. A true leader, strong enough to decisively deal with our problems, with very big ideas of his own, emerges. 6 years of GEJ are most certainly enough. GEJ's weakness will destroy our dear country if he gets additional term in office.

I don't care where the next President is from, we just need a befitting leader, GEJ is not that leader.

shut up that pipe hole you call a mouth...its not a must you comment on every thread..use your internet access for something else..like watch mojo and self-service off..the attendant effect will cleanse your wicked hearth wink wink
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Johnny(m): 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2012
Honestly,NOTHING will happen....though a few elements will want to cause a little stir here &there,but it will end there.
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2012
for there to be peace in 2015 I think the middle belters should aspire for the presidency! But out of Senator Mark and Gov. Aliyu, who do you think? They are both middle belterns, one is a muslim the other a xtian!
Re: What Will Happen If A Northerner Doesn't Emerge President In 2015? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2012
^ if that's the kind of candidates they will put forward,they are as good as finished. Aliyu has misused his goodwill with his oil derivation statements. Mark oh mark,I won't even go there. But,politics,who knows

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag, Abiola And Militocracy / The DANA Plane Was Unable To Make An Emergency Landing Due To Airspace Closure / Two Bombs Deonated In .V.I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.