Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? (4389 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / If She Isn't Picking Your Calls, Then You Need To Do This Trick (pics) / "The Right Way To CHAT/TEXT With A Girl That Will Make Her Find You Attractive" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by acidtalk: 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2012
It is a common sight today seeing people chatting away with their phones (especially BlackBerry phones) while on a date.

You can't but imagine what went wrong with the old notion that "First Impression last long". Courtsy demands that while on dates (first time or one milliont time) one should respect and treat the other partner special and make them believe they are the only one existing in that environment at that moment.

Making use of your phone makes the other partner feel they are boring and aren't wanted at that particular moment.

Nairalanders, who is more guilty in this scenerio, the Ladies or the Guys?
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by LailaIkeji1: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2012
if ur date touches hs bb, nt to talk of pinging nt to nw talk of chatting, if its me, am going home immediately!!! its wrong joor n funny enuff, na we ladies dey do am pass. its all in the name of 'playing hard to get'. to make u feel u need to do, perform more to keep our attention.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by skydeep(f): 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2012
Very bad habit
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Killz3(m): 12:01am On Apr 02, 2012
It's wrong, disrespectful, demeaning, embarrassing and every vice you can think of! Except in cases of emergency, i won't tolerate such. But then sometimes, i do not blame those who ping on dates. . . Some people can be extremely boring at times. . .

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by dabrake(m): 12:10am On Apr 02, 2012
Just like one who was chatting and smiling while I was talking only for her to pop up with the question while still facing her bb: can you please come again? I acted as though I wanted to ease myself, went to pay for my meal and I left her there stylishly to pay for hers.. About 80mins later, I got a 4-page sms from her . . .

7 Likes

Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by acidtalk: 4:08am On Apr 02, 2012
dabrake: Just like one who was chatting and smiling while I was talking only for her to pop up with the question while still facing her bb: can you please come again? I acted as though I wanted to ease myself, went to pay for my meal and I left her there stylishly to pay for hers.. About 80mins later, I got a 4-page sms from her . . .

I RESPECT DUDES LIKE YOU.
What you can't take on the 2nd date don't dare pretend it is okay on the first.

Though she will be upset but one thing is for sure, she WILL NEVER try same behavior with another guy.

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Nobody: 6:33am On Apr 02, 2012
@OP
i see nothing wrong in answering an important phone call during a date, so long as you excuse yourself and make that call as short as possible...........same thing with ping/sms, quickly reading a msg you just received is ok, spending the whole date texting is not.

people have lives and responsibilities before they met you, and probably would have these same responsibilities after they meet you, so why pretend that some things are NOT more important than the date, when some could be.

i think people send the wrong messages (and are truly irresponsible) when they pretend that nothing else matters in this world but THAT DATE. lol!
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Killz3(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
i see nothing wrong in answering an important phone call during a date, so long as you excuse yourself and make that call as short as possible...........same thing with ping/sms, quickly reading a msg you just received is ok, spending the whole date texting is not.

people have lives and responsibilities before they met you, and probably would have these same responsibilities after they meet you, so why pretend that some things are NOT more important than the date, when some could be.

i think people send the wrong messages (and are truly irresponsible) when they pretend that nothing else matters in this world but THAT DATE. lol!
cool
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by slimyem: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2012
one simple word-RUDE!
This question doesnt need asking!
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Dyamante(f): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2012
I think its just rude and shows luck of interest of what your date is telling you
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by mashnino(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2012
dabrake: Just like one who was chatting and smiling while I was talking only for her to pop up with the question while still facing her bb: can you please come again? I acted as though I wanted to ease myself, went to pay for my meal and I left her there stylishly to pay for hers.. About 80mins later, I got a 4-page sms from her . . .

i like u jare..ur head is dere..

how many bottles do you want?
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by stepo707: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2012

Na so.I cant take that kind of bullshit myself.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2012
mashnino:

save Ūя̲̅ money bros, he's drinkin on ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by dealordea(m): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2012
Dude I like your attitude. Some girls just don't know the meaning of date
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by mashnino(m): 10:12am On Apr 02, 2012
Boyloaf: save Ūя̲̅ money bros, he's drinkin on ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.

tomorrow na ur turn abeg
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2012

mashnino:

grin grin grin
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by beylinko(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2012
It is extremly rude.i knw hw it feels cos hv bin der.D 1st impression matas alot.Was wit dis babe on a date n she was busy figetin wit her fone.i was nt hapi wit her n i wanted tellin her to put it away bt on a second tot,i felt since d purpose of datn is to nw each oda so i let it go(aside dat i was fun). N 1 of dos d impressions i had abt her dat day was she has lots of admirer online or she can't do away wit chatin online wich she has 2 prov me odawise
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by sylve11: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2012
Drops u off, i won't pick ur call anymore. angry cool
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by 9jauk: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2012
I remember working out of a date with this beautiful Zimbabwian Bab in Uk,like u all know 9jaboy go always get set for interesting moves like this,few pounds in my pocket brilliant cologne Versace Pie,she walked into to d bar as planned,we'd good conversation and her phone goes off ,she won't stop texting,she went to d toilet for like 7times within an hour,I got pissed off and I walked out on her without saying goodbye,20mins later my phone went off,not again na d same Bab dey hulla,hello wats d 411 I said and she goes like hei whr are u,i laughed out;listen I'm in taxi going home and she goes like how do u expect me to get home have got no money on me,out off annoyance I hang up my phone.....hulla 4 part 2.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by mufc009(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2012

U should have left without paying for your own meal.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by dabrake(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2012
mufc009:

U should have left without paying for your own meal.
bros, how far you nah?
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by SIRNIMS(m): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2012
ha
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by free2ryhme: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2012
slimyem: one simple word-RUDE!
This question doesnt need asking!

Must e on ever post on nairaland go find work abeg
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by dabrake(m): 11:43am On Apr 02, 2012
SIRNIMS: was hammering one lady and she was pinging!!! can u imagine what BB is doing to basic r/ship? I dealt with the lady by giving it to her so hot, she stopped pigging, as the pain was much..................oloshi ala kori
i don die from laugh
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by sylve11: 11:48am On Apr 02, 2012
SIRNIMS: was hammering one lady and she was pinging!!! can u imagine what BB is doing to basic r/ship? I dealt with the lady by giving it to her so hot, she stopped pigging, as the pain was much..................oloshi ala kori

krase man! grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by klairekk: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2012
Absolutly wrong. n should be treated immediatly. No carry over. Walk out on her so she foot d bill.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2012
That is so extremely annoying and impolite. If the guy cant put his phone away while on a date with me, I'd warn him and if he persists, I'd excuse myself. Simple[b]s[/b]!
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Machini(m): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2012

Correct Guy! Typical of wat I'll do if I were in ur shoes.
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by joanana(f): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2012
~Killz~:
It's wrong, disrespectful, demeaning, embarrassing and every vice you can think of! Except in cases of emergency, i won't tolerate such. But then sometimes, i do not blame those who ping on dates. . . Some people can be extremely boring at times. . .

KILLZ......Right on point! wink
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Sweetdoct247(m): 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2012
Good man! Let her have enough time her fone buddy that's so damn more important. As for me, not only when on dates, even if we are just having a discussion and all u r doing is typing away the next time u look up m gone. No time jor It's just plain disrespectful
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by Sweetdoct247(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2012
Re: Isn't It Wrong To Chat On Your Phone While On A Date? by muyoto: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2012
Any person doing that just wants to send a non verbal message across: ''I'm fking bored of your company''

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies; Imagine This Is You (pic) / How Many Akara Balls Will You Like To Buy From This Lady(photo) / What Do you Like In Rainy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.