Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:24 AM

**~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o (2968 Views)

Ice-Prince Wins "Best African Act" At BET Awards 2013 / Dbanj Wins ‘Best African Act’ At 2012 MOBO Awards / D’banj Named Best-African Act At MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

**~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by naija4laif: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2007
November 1st 2007 Dbanj took home the best african act for the mtv European music awards following the footsteps of 2baba no lele
big ups dbanj,don baba j and of course mohits
make sure u get their album is out on the 1st of December, i no fit shout
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by sikakokoo(m): 7:26am On Nov 02, 2007
http://www.museke.com/node/1601
Congratulations to D'banj (and Nigerians at large) on winning the MTV Best African Act!</a>
More props to him
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by youngdigi(m): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2007
hot
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by Lola4eva(f): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2007
yeah i watched the event live last nite, waiting just for the best african act category cos i knew dbanj was bringing it home. Anyways he looked really tite and represented really well, he looked good too, wande cole and some other two peeps i do not know followed him to the stage, was rather dissapointed i didnt see donjazzy but i heard he's been a bit down and culdnt make it, congrats to our home boy ohhhhhhhhhhh and naija rocks. grin
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by YourFather: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2007
Please where did you watch yours? I watched it on MTV1 in london and didn't see it, whats going on?
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by tosinadeda: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2007
Yeeeeeees o,now faze fans will know dat u have 2 b good 2 win it abi mohits buy am again ni?
D'banj notin do u o
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by eldee(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2007
YourFather:

Please where did you watch yours? I watched it on MTV1 in london and didn't see it, whats going on?

mtv one innit, i waited all through but i didn't see him i fell asleep once though
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by youngdigi(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2007
don't mind the fukkin mtv, hes not even listed on their website as one of the winners, they got all the german and ireland acts but no african act, please take a look at this list

http://www.mtv.com/music/ema/2007/winners.jhtml

can u gimme an explanation why he is not there?, dbanj better say something about this, make them aware of de bullshit dey pullin
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by tosinadeda: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2007
Wan ma run down
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by donjazzie(m): 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2007
It's Don Jazzy, again!
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by tosinadeda: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2007
My anaconda
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by joochet: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2007
BIG UP D'BANJ
U DESERVE THIS AWARD MAN
UR HAVE PROVE THAT U ARE ONE OF THE BEST AFRICA CAN OFFER

ALL HATERZ CAN BURN NOW TO BLAZES
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by UncleQuily: 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2007
yourfather you sure say you get mtv?
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by UncleQuily: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2007
ELDEE,
I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE CABLE TV, AND WHAT DOES INNIT MEAN?
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by hotice(f): 1:55pm On Nov 02, 2007
There was something funny about the award,I was waiting to see my guy Dbanj live @ Munich only for MTV to show one kangaroo award presentation by one of these chanel O presenters,it was as if he was given the award in a kitchen.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by UncleQuily: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2007
HEY YOUNG DIGI,

Very good point about MTV's website, not detailing the info on dbanj's win for the African's act.

Good point,     MTV are taking the pissssssssssssssss
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by Lola4eva(f): 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2007
@yourfather, mtvbase here in naija. I noticed the best african act award was not given on the same stage as all the other awards, it was even sizwe the south african mtv presenter that presented it to him.

@young_digi, i dont understand why mtv is even bothering with this best african act category if it cant be presented on the same stage that the avril lavings, nelly furtado and amy winehouse get their awards. Its real bullshit on mtv's part and im just so pissed, it kinda gives me the feeling that africa's music potential is still not recognised.

Anyways congrats to dbanj all the same, at least he won the awards, just thot why me would have gained more international exposure, u know, anyways njoy all, naija rocks
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by mrmetoo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 02, 2007
Congratulations to D'Banj!!!! He deserves it. I'm so happy for the Koko master.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by youngdigi(m): 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2007
@lola, exactly, they shudnt even bother doing it if they cannot have him out there like that, i mean come on, i went thru the photos and theres not even 1 single photo of any of the african nominees, that is str8 up bullshit as far as i'm concerned, dbanj needs to address that situation publicly, he shudnt just kiss ass and make it look like dey doing him a favor, he deserves every bit of the lights, camera and action

this shit really annoyed me, u dont understand
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by UncleQuily: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2007
lola made some good points too, but do we as Africans do any thing about the current situation?
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by saucekid(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2007
singing***rundown

gbedu yi ma Bleep won up, o ma Bleep won up, gba be won ma rundown

na so now,DA KOKO MASTER has done it and i'm proud of his @rse
show those oyinbo the efficiency of ur koko stick** grin grin
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by eldee(m): 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2007
UncleQuily:

ELDEE,
I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE CABLE TV, AND WHAT DOES INNIT MEAN?

dude, i won't be dragged into a digraceful war of words wiv u. i'm just trying to say i didn't see it on mtv1. simple!!!!!
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2007
You guys dont know there is politics behind this award shit , i would have been very happy if it was Paul Play Dairo that was nominated .

D'banj we happy 4 you .
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2007
You guys dont know there is politics behind this award shit , i would have been very happy if it was Paul Play Dairo that was nominated .

D'banj we happy 4 you .
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by sect(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2007
@alexpissu am with you,i strongly believe there is politics behind these awards(my opinion) and also i dont think these mtv guys give out the award cos they truly appreciate african music,only one slot for the whole of africa & the winner recieved it backstage,are they trying to insult us or what?kora award is far better than all these african acts award.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by sect(m): 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2007
@alexpissu am with you,i strongly believe there is politics behind these awards(my opinion) and also i dont think these mtv guys give out the award cos they truly appreciate african music,only one slot for the whole of africa & the winner recieved it backstage,are they trying to insult us or what?kora award is far better than all these african acts award.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by fastmoney(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2007
SINCE YOU ALL DON'T KNOW AM GONNA TELL YOU HOW IT GOES DOWN WITH THIS AFRICAN NOMINATION, AFRICAN NOMINATION IS GIVEN OUT TO THEM BOYS ONLY BECAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THERE CHANNEL SO WHO EVER SAID THEY APPRICIATE THE MUSIC IS TALKING WITH HIS A55 CHICKS.
NOW FOR ALL THOSE WHERE WANTING TO SEE DBANJ GET THIS AWARD AM SO SORRY BECAUSE DBANJ GOT THIS AWARD IN A SMALL CEREMONY TWO DAYS BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT, SO DID TUFACE.
IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by sect(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2007
Fastmoney why do they give them the award before the main event?aren't they supposed to be given on the main day?
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by debojyde(m): 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2007
fastmoney:

SINCE YOU ALL DON'T KNOW AM GONNA TELL YOU HOW IT GOES DOWN WITH THIS AFRICAN NOMINATION, AFRICAN NOMINATION IS GIVEN OUT TO THEM BOYS ONLY BECAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO SUBSCRIBE TO THERE CHANNEL SO WHO EVER SAID THEY APPRICIATE THE MUSIC IS TALKING WITH HIS A55 CHICKS.
NOW FOR ALL THOSE WHERE WANTING TO SEE DBANJ GET THIS AWARD AM SO SORRY BECAUSE DBANJ GOT THIS AWARD IN A SMALL CEREMONY TWO DAYS BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT, SO DID TUFACE.
IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

.Tuface collected his MTV award live in Europe ,don,t just say what u don,t know. Go and search 4 d video on the internet.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by mrmetoo(m): 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2007
@everyone dissing MTV

I'm definitely not for the back door treatment but the thing is at least they're recognizing African artists. Our music just started to gather major international exposure like never b4. Now the reason the awards are given out that way might be that the present average MTV Europe award viewer might not necessarily be interested yet in that category. Everything in this world is mostly based on self advancement, believe me someone fought for them to create that category and people still need to keep fighting to be paid as much attention as others. We just need to prove we are worth the time slot allocated to us because everything, every minute is about money. Just a couple of yrs ago, for the Grammy awards, the hip hop category was not broadcast, i think it was actually not given out on stage and the artists kinda protested and right now hip hop is the biggest genre in music. There is MTV Base Africa right? I think they need to start they're own awards strictly for African artists.
Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by naija4laif: 5:44am On Nov 03, 2007
@ lola4eva don jazzy was there, he was probably too shy to come on stage, lol

Re: **~~d'banj Wins Best African Act-mtv European Music Awards :o :o by tosinadeda: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2007
D'banjs thankYOU speach was kinda better than 2baba's own

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banky W Strong Thing Instrumental Remake Pro By D Xpen6iv / Mr Eazi – Life Is Eazi Vol. 2 (lagos To London) [ALBUM] / How Much Can You Pay For Radio Promotion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.