Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,055 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:08 AM

Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? (8606 Views)

Any Ideas On How To Become A Distributor Of Nestle Products? / Nylon Making Business. Any Ideas? / Cold-room Business: Any Ideas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 5:13am On Apr 03, 2012
Hi readers

Any ideas of a business I can start with $2000 usd?
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by ogbongenet: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2012
Quail Farming,quick Cash:

Quail farming is an uncommon farming business in Nigeria, but the few people that have embraced it are not only smiling to banks, they are also enjoying both the nutritional and health values derived from consuming it
Considering the large number of poultry farmers in Kaduna that have embraced quail farming, it is no doubt one booming farming business that is gradually taking over chicken poultry business in most parts of the north. The high rate of returns and low cost of investment as well rearing them are some of the reasons many farmers are fast resorting to quail farming. In Zaria alone, there are more than 50 farms where quail are reared and sold. The fact that the birds grow and reach maturity stage faster and lay eggs within two months, compared with the six-month maturity period of chickens for whether egg-laying or consumption, attract them to farmers who see the business as a better and more sustainable investment to explore.
From market surveys both in Zaria and Kaduna, a female quail bird sells for N500 while the male goes for between N250 and N300. Its speckled eggs go for between N20 and N25. The bird’s high nutritional and market value encourage many chicken poultry farmers to abandon the business for quail farming. The NEWS gathered that these financial and health benefits, especially the high and quick returns on investment, largely explained farmers’ rush into the business in Jos where it first started, and in Kano, Kaduna and other states in the north where it is booming now. But it is very difficult for people in the southwest who wish to go into quail farming due to the problem of getting quail chicks for starting. Good news the problem has now been solved because you can easily get it now in Ibadan. I started the business just three months ago but glory be to God I earn nothing less than 2000 Naira every day.
BENEFIT OF QUAIL FARMING
It is very easy to maintain
It is not capital intensive compare to poultry farming
High return in a very short time (quail start laying at 45 day old)
It require small space
Quail egg are now recommended in the hospital which makes a good business
Here are some additional benefits you might get from eating quail eggs.:
* acquire a strong immunity system and improve metabolism.
* contain important quantity of calcium easy to assimilate.
* help healing gastritis, ulcer.
* increase hemoglobin level, remove heavy metals, toxins from blood.
* help in the treatment of tuberculosis, asthma,.
* diabetes
* contain ovomucoid protein, used in the production of anti allergic drugs.
* help inhibit cancerous growth.
* help eliminate and remove stones from liver, kidneys and bladder.
* stimulate intellectual activity.
* may accelerate recuperation after blood stroke and help strengthen heart muscle.
* are a powerful stimulant of intimate potency. They nourish the prostrate gland with useful substances, phosphorus, proteins and vitamins and therefore help restore intimate potency.
FOR FURTHER INFO TYPE QUAIL FARMING OR BENEFIT OF QUAIL EGG ON GOOGLE.
TO START QUAIL FARMING CONTACT ME ON 08060115253 OR profindeed@yahoo.com
Meet you at the top

1 Like

Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 2:55am On Apr 04, 2012
Thanks Ogbongenet for your suggestions. However, I think your business idea requires the owner's presence. I am looking at a business I can start and have someone partner with me to run it. I live abroad, and was looking more into health care, food and drinks etc.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by Jaywon242(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2012
mine_123, if u dnt mind, I will be interested in being a partner. My addy: ju1writes@gmail.com
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by cantell(m): 3:59pm On Apr 05, 2012
@op,
Importation, but your capital is relatively small.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2012
Hello Cantell
Thanks for your suggestions though. How much is needed and what type of import business? I was only going to start with two grand in case I lose the money or the business is not profitable.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by goodnewz4u(m): 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2012
"The way you dress inform others about your personality and your morals!
You are addressed the way you dress"
That's what I say to people when am telling them
about this sweet Business!
I am available for partnership
I have a very good Idea for you, and That's Importation of Wears (Men's clothes) from Italy/China
I am into it and our shops are located in Mandilas, Lagos Island.
The Business is highly Lucrative and I promise that you will not regret investing into it, and partnering with me by God's grace !
For more info:
Mr. Moses Goodnewz
email :
degoodnewz@gmail .com

Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 5:01am On Apr 06, 2012
Hello All

The business ideas so far sound interesting to me. However, I am more interested in any one who has experience in either healthcare, fast food, or beverage industries. I would like something I could contribute not only the funds, but ideas as to make it profitable.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by chrishenzo: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2012
goodnewz4u: "The way you dress inform others about your personality and your morals!
You are addressed the way you dress"
That's what I say to people when am telling them
about this sweet Business!
I am available for partnership
I have a very good Idea for you, and That's Importation of Wears (Men's clothes) from Italy/China
I am into it and our shops are located in Mandilas, Lagos Island.
The Business is highly Lucrative and I promise that you will not regret investing into it, and partnering with me by God's grace !
For more info:
Mr. Moses Goodnewz
email :
degoodnewz@gmail .com

You can reach more customers by selling your products online on www.chrisvicmall.com

@Poster,

It is important to understand the business before going into it. Entering into a business because someone said it is profitable is not a good move. If you like the person's opinion, try learning somethings about the business before venturing into it.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by jjjkkkooo: 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
Health care is really lucrative here in Abuja, where i stay, especially Medical tests and scans etc. but really $2000 is small for such. Except you can source for d machines and partner for the rest. i m available at 07031613377 for more info.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by inspirenet: 7:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
If you are looking for information on how to start a profitable business with little or no capital, then you need not miss this opportunity.

Entrepreneurship is the sure way to a fulfilled destiny.

Wake up to the challenge of today, the challenge of the global world.

Dont live your life in poverty.
Rise above the challenges of today.
Live the kind of life you aspire to live.
Drive the cars you dreamt of.
Don't join the crowd, build your own destiny.
Develop boldness and courage to drive business ideas.
Walk in the foot steps of giants in business and family life.

An open opportunity exists for the unemployed, career men & women, professional consultants.
A free seminar package for 50 participants.

BENEFITS
Free Job Search Service/Opportunity
Learn how to drive a business with little or no capital
Volunteer Jobs in USA
Certificates and Awards
Opportunity to win field trips ticket for SUMMER IN USA.
Scholarship opportunity
Free Career Counseling.

DATE
Tuesday, 17th of APRIL,2012.

TIME
10AM PROMPT

FOR FREE BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES (FREE E-BOOK FOR THE FIRST 10 PARTICIPANTS)
CONTACT CHRIS (08029481639) SMS FOR GATE PASS NO.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by goodnewz4u(m): 1:36am On Apr 07, 2012
Hello Mr. Herbert A.
Here are my answers to your questions:
1. Concerning my experience:
I learned the Business for good 8yrs, (1999-2007) and I have good experience and Ideas of the moving and selling items(but Capital to Import is needed to expand the Business)
2. After my 7yrs of learning, I have spent about 4yrs doing the Business with a Registered Business Name! (though I invested into shares heavily... U UNDERSTAND) it affected my capital negatively.
3. The Business is very profitable especially when we import from Abroad.
4. Concerning the cost of a suit from Abroad, it depends on the type or quality (to make it easier we'll order from Asia(Honk Kong or China) for regular suits: #4,500 + expenses about #200 to 300, But we'll not buy only suits.
We'll involve other items like: Shirts, T.shirts, Chinos and Pants Trousers, etc... So that customers would have options/choices.
5. The quality of the suits, Shirts, Trousers etc... Are good and they are of average that People can easily buy.
6. Concerning sales price: @whole sale price it can go for #6,500 to 7,000,
But Shirts, Pants Trousers etc... Move/sale faster than Suits, that's why we need to include more of them, Stock Shirts cost ranging from #580 + expenses about #780,
while sales price #1,500 - 1,800 depending.
7. Profit margin on a Suit: from #1,800 - 2,500, while on Shirts, Pants Trousers etc... #750 - 1,500 mind you that the quantity in a bale of goods is between 1,500 - 2,000 pcs. Depending on the Item.
8. How to import is not an issue, we have trusted shipping companies that we use. For a bale we can pay #80,000 - 120,000 Depending on the size, (the goods can stay 4weeks plus b4 arrival) and there are many sources to get goods from Abroad.
9. Marketing strategies:
1, Is to have a good site Shop, (which cost #250,000 to 400,000 a yr)
2, We have Retailers(Big Buyers) around and once your goods arrive you Call on them and if the goods are too good, few of them can buy everything,
3, We have customers that come from outside Lagos on mondays to buy the goods,
4, Business Cards, Online and Offline Advertismen can also help,
10. Yes ! There's a ready and target market for the goods,
11, For The Capital:
The higher quantity of goods the lesser expenses, then higher gain;
#2 or 2.5 million will be ok for a good start.
12. By the grace of God, the only thing I will tell you is that am trying my best to live a truthful life, I don't like praising myself.

*I know that there are People out there who has money and want to invest, but they don't know whom to trust with the money;
So I've made up mind not to disappoint anyone that will release money for me to do Business.
...Seeing is believing, Just give me a chance!
Concerning Business Plan:
I have a financial proposal and Business Plan (hard copy) to submit.

Thanks and God bless you real good !
Moses G. O
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by inspirenet: 4:32am On Apr 07, 2012
inspirenet: If you are looking for information on how to start a profitable business with little or no capital, then you need not miss this opportunity.

Entrepreneurship is the sure way to a fulfilled destiny.

Wake up to the challenge of today, the challenge of the global world.

Dont live your life in poverty.
Rise above the challenges of today.
Live the kind of life you aspire to live.
Drive the cars you dreamt of.
Don't join the crowd, build your own destiny.
Develop boldness and courage to drive business ideas.
Walk in the foot steps of giants in business and family life.

An open opportunity exists for the unemployed, career men & women, professional consultants.
A free seminar package for 50 participants.

BENEFITS
Free Job Search Service/Opportunity
Learn how to drive a business with little or no capital
Volunteer Jobs in USA
Certificates and Awards
Opportunity to win field trips ticket for SUMMER IN USA.
Scholarship opportunity
Free Career Counseling.

DATE
Tuesday, 17th of APRIL,2012.

TIME
10AM PROMPT

FOR FREE BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES (FREE E-BOOK FOR THE FIRST 10 PARTICIPANTS)
CONTACT CHRIS (08029481639) SMS FOR GATE PASS NO.

Don't be deceived by the get rich quick vendors. Every successful businessman today paid a price.
To be firm in business, you need to get familiar with certain principles and ethics.

The good news is that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
jjjkkkooo: Health care is really lucrative here in Abuja, where i stay, especially Medical tests and scans etc. but really $2000 is small for such. Except you can source for d machines and partner for the rest. i m available at 07031613377 for more info.

Hello jjjkkkooo

I am very clear with the business concept you talked about. Is it simply to start a medical laboratory business or to sell medical lab products that is lucrative?
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by ozornet(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
Business Plan For Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory.The attached document is a part of a business plan for establishing a very profitable palm kernel oil extracting factory.The full financial statements are not presented here. The complete Business Plan with all the production plans and financials will be given to serious and interested investors.With a hefty average annual rate of return of 150.03% and a payback period 1.4 years the project is good. The promoter of this project can be reached on 08037788438 and 08028606026. E-mail ozorprice1@yahoo.com
A hypothetical company and management team were used and Enugu was also used as the project location.The promoter can adapt the Business Plan to suite any investors budget and location in any part of West Africa especially where palm trees are grown. The promoter can also integrate palm kernel tree plantation and vegetable oil refinery projects into the Plan. If you are interested you can download and peruse the document.

Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by translink: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
THERE ARE SO MANY BUSINESS THAT YOU CAN DO AND MAKE A LOT OF PROFIT.I AM RECOMMENDING THIS BUSINESS OF MAKING COSMETICS,PRODUCTION.MANUFACTURING OF ITEMS LIKE BAR SOAP,LIQUID SOAP,BODY CREAM/LOTION,BLEACH,AIRFRESHNER, VASELINE,BODY MISTS AND COLLAGEN,PERFUMES,SHAMPOO,ETC BECAUSE THIS ARE MOST OF THE INEVITABLE THINGS PEOPLE SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO BUY BOTH IN THE LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL MARKETS ESPECIALLY WOMEN.WE CAN PARTNER WITH YOU IN THIS BUSINESS OR WE CAN GIVE YOU THE REQUIRED TRAINING AND THEN YOU CAN COMMENCE PRODUCTION YOURSELF AND MAKE YOUR PROFITS. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME ON THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS 07056563007. PLEASE SEE THIS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION:http://translinkcosmetology..com
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by bizfirst: 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Look at www.akaahanterungwa..com. Leave a comment and I'll reply you. Pretty easy!
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mine123: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
I am surprised that some people are selling their ideas here instead of providing business ideas as requested. I clearly stated that in my request that I am looking for a business ideas that I could start especially health-related, food, drinks, and might partner with someone. Please read carefully before you reply. Thanks to those that have painstakingly researched their business ideas and are coming up with possible and interesting business ventures for people like me. I am digesting those ideas and would contact them in due course to discuss possibilities.

Thanks

Mine_123
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
goodnewz4u: Hello Mr. Herbert A.
I learned the Business for good 8yrs, (1999-2007) and I have good experience and Ideas of the moving and selling items(but Capital to Import is needed to expand the Business)
2. After my 7yrs of learning, I have spent about 4yrs doing the Business with a Registered Business Name! (though I invested into shares heavily... U UNDERSTAND) it affected my capital negatively.
4. Concerning the cost of a suit from Abroad, it depends on the type or quality (to make it easier we'll order from Asia(Honk Kong or China) for regular suits: #4,500 + expenses about #200 to 300, But we'll not buy only suits.
We'll involve other items like: Shirts, T.shirts, Chinos and Pants Trousers, etc... So that customers would have options/choices.
5. The quality of the suits, Shirts, Trousers etc... Are good and they are of average that People can easily buy.
But Shirts, Pants Trousers etc... Move/sale faster than Suits, that's why we need to include more of them, Stock Shirts cost ranging from #580 + expenses about #780,
7. Profit margin on a Suit: from #1,800 - 2,500, while on Shirts, Pants Trousers etc... #750 - 1,500 mind you that the quantity in a bale of goods is between 1,500 - 2,000 pcs. Depending on the Item.
8. How to import is not an issue, we have trusted shipping companies that we use. For a bale we can pay #80,000 - 120,000 Depending on the size, (the goods can stay 4weeks plus b4 arrival) and there are many sources to get goods from Abroad.
9. Marketing strategies:
2, We have Retailers(Big Buyers) around and once your goods arrive you Call on them and if the goods are too good, few of them can buy everything,
11, For The Capital:
12. By the grace of God, the only thing I will tell you is that am trying my best to live a truthful life, I don't like praising myself.

*I know that there are People out there who has money and want to invest, but they don't know whom to trust with the money;
So I've made up mind not to disappoint anyone that will release money for me to do Business.

Moses G. O

I just called you, but your phone was ringing and you didn't pick the call. I have also sent you email.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by server123: 4:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
mine_123: Hi readers

Any ideas of a business I can start with $2000 usd?

Good one here but download and follow this EBOOK I've attached below:

Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by Fabrio: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2012
Hello.

I am Dhaneesh Business Development Manger Fabrio LLC Dubai. Now we are introducing a new unique product for interior and exterior wall paneling and flooring.

We all ready have a market network in India and China and we are searching for new distributors for other country’s like Nigeria , Libya , and all other African and European country’s if you are interested to know more about our products and implementing system please contact me at Dhaneesh fabrio@email.com or visit our website http://fabrio.net/products.html

You can also call me on 00971 55 2952080 ,00971 4 2503913
Fax 00971 4 2503914

Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by DeGenius3(m): 9:21pm On May 14, 2013
So many people keep complaining about how bad the Nigerian goverment is for not creating enough Jobs for the teeming youths leaving the universities.

in fact i almost shed tears when i read in a magazine that 96,000 Nigerians tured up for an interview in an organization with just 15 vacancies... and the people surrounded the builing hoping to be the lucky one to get employed.

hmmm...

very pathetic.

of course i agree that the Nigerian government has not really done well, but just to let you know, 53% of the population who are employed in the U.S.A are being employed by individuals who own small, and big businesses without the government help.

you can create jobs... and employ other people to work for you.

and believe it or not the best way to really start on your journey to have massive cash in your bank account is by selling. yes selling.

what do you sell?

the answer is something very valuable that is needed by desperate people with cash in hand. you see, so many Nigerians are faced with many needs, problems, wants etc.

and if you can provide valuable solutions to Nigerians who are faced with needs, problems, wants etc, then you can be sure of smiling to the bank always.

solutions are being provided every single day in the world. and in Nigeria, great people like Mike Adenuga provide Nigerians the simple means of communicating with their loved ones..

Aliko Dnagote has a mega business empire now because he is simply providing Nigerians with their basic needs like food etc

Complete sports provides Nigerians with the interesting things going on in the world of sports... and other businesses like that.

you too can do the same... but i want to show you my way.

Now for some Nigerians, the best way to provide solutions is by doing it in informational format like ebooks, manuals, books, reports, Cds, DVDs, Seminars etc... and believe it or not, smart Nigerians who are also 'jobless' are making millions per year just doing this.

and this is the solution approach format i want you to start working on. and the only thing you need is the foundation of how this works, the systems to make it work for you, with practical dedication on your side, you will definitely see a change in your finances.

i have put a master plan i have used over time to smile to the bank, and i want to give you this masterplan for free. now before you start thinking that this is just another nonsense crap, here's what you'll get from my free masterplan;

== you will discover how to identify a hungry audience deperate with passion for your informational solution with cash in hand to pay you (getting this right is like already having money in your bank account literally) ...

== i will also expose to you in simple steps how to create HOT sizzling information product for the hungry and desperate audience for less thank nothing...

== you will also discover how to 'position' your solution in widely read and targeted mediums and attract hungry customers like crazy...

== you will be able to create and use simple communicative marketing system to market and sell your information product.

== you also discover how to easily make your first N50, 000 in just 30 days or less using a simple targeted numbers approach (this is not get-rich-quick, but knowing how to do this will put N50, 000 in your bank account by using this system).

== you will also learn how to create simple killer messages to sell your information product to crazy hungry buyers...

and lots more...

interested to get this report? all you need to do NOW in order to get this report is to email your name PLUS your email address PLUS your phone number PLUS email subject 'Simple Cash MasterPlan' to cashbuilderinfo@gmail.com.

i will send you the report.

Note; it is high time you stopped looking for 'Magic System' to making money. it does not exist.

if you go through this report and you don't begin to see some changes in your finances, in all seriousness, you need to be prayed for. a very serious prayer at that... and i can help if you need me... at least i know some radical men who can do the job.

i want to see you at the top.

thanks for reading.

P.S. this is only available to people who are smart enough to invest in themselves, and understands the benefits in investing in their education. if you are a freebie seeker, this is not for you.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by mich2012: 11:01pm On May 14, 2013
goodnewz4u: Hello Mr. Herbert A.
9. Marketing strategies:
11, For The Capital:

Moses G. O

I like your detailed but concise breakdown. I will get across to you for a few questions.
Re: Need To Start A Profitable Business In Nigeria, Any Ideas? by emeka762001(m): 10:12am On Aug 19, 2016
jjjkkkooo:
Health care is really lucrative here in Abuja, where i stay, especially Medical tests and scans etc. but really $2000 is small for such. Except you can source for d machines and partner for the rest. i m available at 07031613377 for more info.
do u know the requirements for owning a laboratory to run medical tests and scan. I am really interested in the business though I didn't have the qualification.

(1) (Reply)

Funny/unrealistic Terms Used By Information Marketers / I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / Daar Communications Records N533m Loss In Q2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.