Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. (5680 Views)

Larisoft Clean Desktop: (re: Operation Prove Your Programming Skills) / How To Make Iphone Apps With No Programming Experience / Where To Go If You Need Programmers Or Advertise Your Programming Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by eazyd(m): 1:58pm On Apr 03, 2012
How long have you been programming, what languages r u good at, what languages do u plan to learn and finally how has life been as a programmer. I'll start with my answers- 12months in programming, python,mysql,html, java,c/c++, php,javascript vb and ruby.

I love my career part and i'm addicted to the programming section of nairaland forum, where great minds think alike!

1 Like

Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2012
I've got 18 months experience in Java,jsp,SQL,html,a bit of c++
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by GideonG(m): 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
One year in PHP,MySQL,CSS,Javascript and jQuery now going to Java and Andriod
Android for life.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by escobar07(m): 12:15am On Apr 08, 2012
u guys r superhuman beings. Learning 4 languages at once when u are still a novice.

1 Like

Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by escobar07(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2012
u guys r superhuman beings. Learning 4 languages at once when u are still a novice. Since u r new to programming and have just a few months under ur belt, y not concentrate on one 4 nw.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Fayimora(m): 4:44am On Apr 08, 2012
escobar07: u guys r superhuman beings. Learning 4 languages at once when u are still a novice. Since u r new to programming and have just a few months under ur belt, y not concentrate on one 4 nw.
+1
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by naijaswag1: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2012
nearly 1year 6months doing java.almost done with my first software,a hotel management software(desktop based).can't wait to get paid.am still interested in c++ or it may be python,love to do one functional language say haskell.once i commence sale of my software,i intend to immense myself deeply in algorithms programming for six months.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by lordZOUGA(m): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2012
escobar07: u guys r superhuman beings. Learning 4 languages at once when u are still a novice. Since u r new to programming and have just a few months under ur belt, y not concentrate on one 4 nw.
its jus CSS, javascript, MySQL, PHP. Anybody can handle it

3 Likes

Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by escobar07(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2012
lordZOUGA: its jus CSS, javascript, MySQL, PHP. Anybody can handle it
. For an experienced programmer, its no big deal. For newbies, its tantamount to biting off more than they can chew.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2012
naija_swag: nearly 1year 6months doing java.almost done with my first software,a hotel management software(desktop based).can't wait to get paid.am still interested in c++ or it may be python,love to do one functional language say haskell.once i commence sale of my software,i intend to immense myself deeply in algorithms programming for six months.
same here bro,just can't wait to get paid too.that's one thing bout programmin,U develop somethin pple don't take to mind today and then tomorrow,someone jumps at it as if his whole life depends on it..the scope is just to keep working bro,keep working it bro..
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by lordZOUGA(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2012
escobar07: . For an experienced programmer, its no big deal. For newbies, its tantamount to biting off more than they can chew.
I like to think that no one is born an 'experienced programmer'. Its a 'title' that comes with time.. So if they are motivated, they will reach that level of experience you think they need
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by segsalerty(m): 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
i do JAVA and PHP majorly, uhmmmm cool
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by unclenna(m): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2012
Just starting with html. But u gonna watch ur back cos am coming like a wide fire. Frm html 2 css 2 js 2 asp.net 2 sql 2 java and soak myself total to programmers future prog...i will nt review it yet cos it is still a secret. But d name starts wit an**
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by eazyd(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
i think the most popular language is java. my friend jst got a very good job wit this software company , although he lied bout his past job experiences on his resume but he was the best amongst other applicants during the interview. They were asked to write a java program within a certain time frame using a loop. He started in Jan and jst acquired this supercool suv(fx50) and a nice crib. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by worldbest(m): 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
I play with Java, Python, PHP, JS. I've been coding for 6 years.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by eazyd(m): 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2012
For programming beginners, this website shows you how to do. Some people learn by visuals, this is be quite useful if you're in this category or experienced programmers can also share videos on here too

www.showmedo.com
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by unclenna(m): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
worldbest: I play with Java, Python, PHP, JS. I've been coding for 6 years.
is not about knowing the codes but how many million you have made with it.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by worldbest(m): 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
unclenna: is not about knowing the codes but how many million you have made with it.

How i go take answer this guy now? If you don't work hard to "know the codes" how will you make the millions? i smell beef wink
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by spikesC(m): 1:47am On Apr 20, 2012
its 2 years and some months now, after i finished my senior waec in 2009. Just learn VB.net, php/mysql, xhtml and css and a little bit of javascript. For now,i wanna base purely on the web part
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by prodam(m): 7:03am On Apr 20, 2012
strictly object-oriented..java .NET, and #newbie# OO-PHP,,$echo me
oh yeah
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Peterson1993(m): 8:50am On Apr 28, 2012
YoYoYo......!!! Not a programmer yet. Just starting with HTML markup language 3 days ago. But already seeing myself as a genuis programmer cos i learn very fast. I study medicine and surgery and i dont know if combining such course with programming is a good idea. Make i no go kolo ooo lol
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by mark2k(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2012
Five years in CSS, JavaScript, PHP and MySQL, ASP.Net and MS SQL, jQuery, Wordpress. Just left for me to learn Java.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Ymodulus: 12:51pm On May 24, 2012
3years now. program in Python, php. also write html, css. plannin on learning one desktop programming language.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Nobody: 1:06am On May 25, 2012
Ymodulus: 3years now. program in[b] Python[/b], php. also write html, css. plannin on learning one desktop programming language.
Python is one.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by mkwayisi: 11:50pm On May 26, 2012
naija_swag: nearly 1year 6months doing java.almost done with my first software,a hotel management software(desktop based).can't wait to get paid.am still interested in c++ or it may be python,love to do one functional language say haskell.once i commence sale of my software,i intend to immense myself deeply in algorithms programming for six months.
Good luck. From where I am, businesses don't want to sign a deal because I've got no "big" references. So I've decided to make free software for a while so I can build a strong portfolio.
P.S.: And overprice your software too. Many people think "more expensive" = "better quality". Is that true, Linus? embarassed
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by eazyd(m): 11:52pm On May 26, 2012
starting this summer with: Agile web development with rails by sam ruby. Does anyone in the house has experience in ruby on rails? what are the best books to guide you?
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by freegistcom: 4:22pm On May 27, 2012
I have learnt html,Css,PHP/MYSQL presently on Python and 2 other CMS.

I love programming..........
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 27, 2012
eazyd: starting this summer with: Agile web development with rails by sam ruby. Does anyone in the house has experience in ruby on rails? what are the best books to guide you?
Focus on Python first and learn virtually all you can do with It. Knowing multiple languages doesn't make you a better programmer. If you need more inspiration, search Google for Alex Gaynor.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by abubaka101: 6:47pm On May 27, 2012
Lots of programmers wit a lot of experience, I like this!
I just started my JavaScript tutorial, so far I've learnt HTML/XHTML, CSS and am seriously thinking about learning VBScript, but I have PHP/ASP on my mind after JavaScript. What do you guys think about VBScript
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by eazyd(m): 9:43pm On May 27, 2012
goon:
Focus on Python first and learn virtually all you can do with It. Knowing multiple languages doesn't make you a better programmer. If you need more inspiration, search Google for Alex Gaynor.

I'm still learning python and taking a second class on that next fall but this summer i wanna learn ruby on rails cos i'm working with a team on a web application using ruby on rails...i'm trying to learn what will be useful to me in the long run, not trying to know all! Ruby on Rails is really catching on..how long have you been programming using python?
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by ektbear: 10:34pm On May 27, 2012
Ruby as my main language since late 2009.

Python for like 2-3 weeks now (trying to make it my main language).

C++ and C in high school and a bit in college.

Octave all throughout college and present.

PHP for fun in high school.

Took a class in Java in college.

Oh, and of course, did some programming in BASIC at age 6 or 7 cheesy We used to have these book in the library that'd teach you how to get started programming in BASIC. They taught you the basic control structures.

So pretty comfortable with many different languages and syntax styles.
Re: Your Programming Experience And Your Languages. by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 27, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Just Completed Android E-voting App / Functional Programming For Java Programmer Scala Or Clojure? / How To Learn Database Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.