Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank (9761 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by challawa(f): 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
i was so much disappointed with first bank today, they lack competent staff and there service delivery is terrible
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by seleroms: 7:14am On Apr 04, 2012
Really? I bet you if you try UBA then you will gladly stick to first bank
challawa: i was so much disappointed with first bank today, they lack competent staff and there service delivery is terrible

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by sirrinky: 7:51am On Apr 04, 2012
I totally share your sentiments with firstbank it's absolute nonsense and they have highly incompetent staff.Can you imagine yesterday their ATM machine was broken for more than inside the banking hall and the person in charge did not even have the courtesy to come down and attend to customers,the Machines,staff and the whole system is absolute rubbish. THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF USING ATM FOR CASH DEPOSITS PLEASE DONT TRY FIRSTBANK U WUD BE SOOOOOOO SORRY
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 04, 2012
Sanusi still has a lot of work to do especially on retail banking customers protection. The customer is King, even if he has only a kobo in his account. Bank staff should be aware of that.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by debetmx(m): 10:44am On Apr 04, 2012
First Bank is the most useles bank in Nigeria. I used their ATM on Friday 23, 2012 and the failed to dispense while it credited my account. I made a report at their head office on Tuesday 27, 2012 and she said i shld wait 4 three days up till now nothing as been done.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2012
And the worstEST should be UBA. grin
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by strangerf: 11:11am On Apr 04, 2012
Incompetent banks, incompetent customers. They cant even operate an ordinary ATM. Giant of Africa indeed!
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by doctokwus: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
debetmx: First Bank is the most useles bank in Nigeria. I used their ATM on Friday 23, 2012 and the failed to dispense while it credited my account. I made a report at their head office on Tuesday 27, 2012 and she said i shld wait 4 three days up till now nothing as been done.
Welcome to d ATM wonderland of first bank;can't 4get d wonder their machine performed on me last year:clearly heard d amt I indicated being dispensed by d ATm machine,but d slot just wudnt open,as if(whc I highly suspect) had fraudulently fixed d slot to prevent it from opening.I lost dat mony,but evryday wish dat pson or scheme by dat bank wud b fished out
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by ow11(m): 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
Can someone enlighten me on how this is meant to be a political discussion. >:

This first bank drama is caused by people like the OP; Inept and careless!
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by sexyverah(f): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
abeg make i laugh small........ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy na firstbank una dey disgrace like this? shocked shocked shocked una no try oo
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2012
Quality customer relationship and service delivery is one business principle that Nigerian companies lack. Be they banks, telcos, or even roadside traders - all are poor when it comes to providing service that is pleasing to the customer. For the banks they are more concerned about generating deposit and creating income disregarding the fact that all these will come when you serve your customers well. Anyway, these things do happen in an undeveloped market like ours. Coming to First Bank, it took me one full year to receive their welcome package when I opened an account with them.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Idango(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
Although banks generally have a long way to go in nigeria, but i think firstbank is the most improved bank in nigeria today, considering where they were years back. The improved technology and customer service is far a head of most banks. It is only GTB i can say has a slight edge over first bank in terms of customers service. I bank with both banks and some others.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by temmytanny(m): 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2012
you are right,i have a friend that got a N100m contract from a company. He has his company account with first bank. the company paid 15% of the project into his account over a month ago and up till now First bank has been playing pranks on him refusing to giving the money to do the project.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Machini(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2012
strangerf: Incompetent banks, incompetent costumers. They cant even operate an ordinary ATM. Giant of Africa indeed!

Hmmm, never knew 'Customers' is now being spelt as 'Costumers',plz when did they change it? abi na ppl wey dey use costume u dey refer to?
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
I opened a fidelity bank account not long ago, I went into the branch 3 weeks after to demand for the terms and conditions of the account, the customer Service officer smiled and asked what I meant by terms and conditions, true story .. tongue
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by usbcable(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2012
FIRst bank is way much better than most guys here paint it.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by 2rutalk1: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2012
First Bank is the most useles bank in Nigeria. I used their ATM on Friday 23, 2012 and the failed to dispense while it credited my account. I made a report at their head office on Tuesday 27, 2012 and she said i shld wait 4 three days up till now nothing as been done.

Are u saying your account was credited or debited?. Please ooh, First Bank should not employ someone like you to avoid FINANCIAL CRISIS grin
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by 2rutalk1: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Quality customer relationship and service delivery is one business principle that Nigerian companies lack. Be they banks, telcos, or even roadside traders - all are poor when it comes to providing service that is pleasing to the customer. For the banks they are more concerned about generating deposit and creating income disregarding the fact that all these will come when you serve your customers well. Anyway, these things do happen in an undeveloped market like ours. Coming to First Bank, it took me one full year to receive their welcome package when I opened an account with them.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by meracool(m): 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
First bank is the Best Bank in Nigeria........... #fact

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 04, 2012
debetmx: First Bank is the most useles bank in Nigeria. I used their ATM on Friday 23, 2012 and the failed to dispense while it credited my account. I made a report at their head office on Tuesday 27, 2012 and she said i shld wait 4 three days up till now nothing as been done.
Lmaoooooooo if na so 1st Bank dey Credit people account, I for like bank with them ooooh cheesy... Its true that if a bank gets to employ you, there would be financial crises with all the account you handle.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Idango(m): 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2012
Im a costmer of firstbank and i want to tell you a few things you dont know:

1. My friend who live in California had an account in first bank before, he also has a firstbank naira mastercard, he uses that card to pay for things he bought in the us. If you are owing him, he will tell you to pay it into his first bank account, he spend his money in firstbank over there in the US. It is only first card that you can use overseas without being questioned whether it is a nigerian card. Just try it, since then i also got a first bank naira master card and discovered that i use it anywhere all over the world.

2.Do you know you can sit in the comfort of your room or office and connect to your www.1stbanknigeria-online.com and access your account or transfer money to any account in any bank in nigeria? This also can be put on your phone and you can do business online on your phone. Gtbank also has improved greatly in terms of online banking, with Gtbank you can even transfer fx currency from your domiciliary account to any account all over the world in addition to transfering to any bank within nigeria.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Akainzo(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2012
saxywale: I opened a fidelity bank account not long ago, I went into the branch 3 weeks after to demand for the terms and conditions of the account, the customer Service officer smiled and asked what I meant by terms and conditions, true story .. tongue

You opened an account BEFORE you decided to read the Terms and Conditions!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Na wa for you o! grin grin grin
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Idango(m): 2:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
Do you know that firstbank has a costomer service platform called firstcontact where you can lodge your complaints and the staff are very friendly and treat your complaints with serious attention?
01-4485500,0708-062-5000, 0700700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228)
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by munaco: 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
Machini:

Hmmm, never knew 'Customers' is now being spelt as 'Costumers',plz when did they change it? abi na ppl wey dey use costume u dey refer to?
to machini atleast u understand wetin the guy they say. yeye man like u. Ur name bi like who dey machine woman and just to impress am say i sabi english. go tell shina peter
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by munaco: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
Idango: Do you know that firstbank has a costomer service platform called firstcontact where you can lodge your complaints and the staff are very friendly and treat your complaints with serious attention?
01-4485500,0708-062-5000, 0700700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228)
u dey work for first bank. u too advertise

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
challawa: i was so much disappointed with first bank today, they lack competent staff and there service delivery is terrible

Try Saving with Any Esusu Organization Dear! cool cool cool
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Ofuks(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
Very funny when I hear Nigerians criticise...

Whatever is wrong with banking or whichever sector in Nigeria is an absolute reflection of the entire society. From the leadership to the populace, only a handful of people are living up to their responsibilities. In any environment where there is total lack of responsibility their is bound to be chaos.

- poor customer service
- bad governance
- no accountability
- absolute corruption
- dissatisfaction...

Right from the business promotion/registeration stage down to the recruitment and service delivery stage; a bad comedy of errors unleashed on seemingly helpless Nigerians. Check this scenario: A team of looters hiding behind a corporate facade decide to float a company with their ill gotten wealth, a management team of shady characters who look good on paper are employed to run the company... qualified but unskilled staff are then recruited through the family network... definitely bad service is a must. In summary, skilled and passionate staff who go beyond the ordinary in the quest to achieve the perceived impossible are very rare in this clime; such people do not have the necessary connections to secure employment in our Nigerian companies. Isnt it disgusting that we seem to have accepted the very poor or total lack of service delivery in the civil service and yet think that the private sector would be better off? The way forward is a total change of attitude on the side of both the service provider and the customer: know your rights and demand for it or take your business elsewhere. The beauty of the American dream depends heavily on quality of service...

3 Likes

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2012
temmytanny: you are right,i have a friend that got a N100m contract from a company. He has his company account with first bank. the company paid 15% of the project into his account over a month ago and up till now First bank has been playing pranks on him refusing to giving the money to do the project.
.... First bank is known with this. They have some executive theives up dere who just sit on peoples money for no just cause... Hmmm,everyday for the thief.....
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Ofuks(m): 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
saxywale: I opened a fidelity bank account not long ago, I went into the branch 3 weeks after to demand for the terms and conditions of the account, the customer Service officer smiled and asked what I meant by terms and conditions, true story .. tongue

[/quote]

This is hilarious! I think it is people like you who go about bad mouthing banks and complaining about outrageous charges. You opened an account without even reading the terms and conditions tied to the account? I can see why the customer service person smiled at you! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by otokx(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2012
Idango: Im a costmer of firstbank and i want to tell you a few things you dont know:

1. My friend who live in California had an account in first bank before, he also has a firstbank naira mastercard, he uses that card to pay for things he bought in the us. If you are owing him, he will tell you to pay it into his first bank account, he spend his money in firstbank over there in the US. It is only first card that you can use overseas without being questioned whether it is a nigerian card. Just try it, since then i also got a first bank naira master card and discovered that i use it anywhere all over the world.

2.Do you know you can sit in the comfort of your room or office and connect to your www.1stbanknigeria-online.com and access your account or transfer money to any account in any bank in nigeria? This also can be put on your phone and you can do business online on your phone. Gtbank also has improved greatly in terms of online banking, with Gtbank you can even transfer fx currency from your domiciliary account to any account all over the world in addition to transfering to any bank within nigeria.

do you know how much they charge for all these services? Do they pay per month or per transaction?
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by Machini(m): 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2012
munaco:
to machini atleast u understand wetin the guy they say. yeye man like u. Ur name bi like who dey machine woman and just to impress am say i sabi english. go tell shina peter

com guy (abi girl), no buy beef wey no concern u oo. First of all, I no dey claim say I sabi english. Second of all, strangerf's post was clearly an attack on Nigerians which is not even reasonable, cos I know we r not dumb to the extent of not knowin hw to operate an ATM. Its either He/She is not a Nigerian, or he/she is a Nigerian not staying in Nigeria.
Re: There Is No Credible Bank In Nigeria, The Worst Of Them Is First Bank by otokx(m): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
@all

every bank like human beings have their bad day so you cannot say this is bad or that is good. I went into a branch of access bank (formerly intercontinental bank) near me to pay in some cash. To enter was easy but the crowd to collect money at the counter was massive and 2 people were paying. There was another crowd at the customer help desk and 2 people were attending to them, lo and behold another crowd at the pay in side, only 1 person attending so i turned to go around and head to the UBA branch next door, alas my friend who i hear is now the most senior in that branch. He asked me to fill the teller and drop the cash with him, that it will be done later this was 1pm

Getting next door to the notorious UBA it was so calm, the air conditioners were working and the big space gave one a sense of relief, they have a teller dedicated to staff upstairs so filled my teller and did the transaction not more than 5 minutes.

The first sms i got about either transaction was from Access bank by 4.20pm or so as usual they only said so and so amount was paid in and failed to give the balance. UBA's own which was posted in front of me came about 7.30pm with how much was withdrawn and the balance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19 States Recorded N149.45bn IGR In Q3 – NBS / Chinese Firms Swindle Nigerian Importers / Can The Finance Minister Remove The CBN Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.