Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Which Should Be My TITHE? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Should Be My TITHE? (1954 Views)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need / Help Me Calculate My Tithe (2) (3) (4)

Which Should Be My TITHE? by cogbuagu: 9:05am On Apr 04, 2012
I got a job now but don't know how i will be paying my tithe. undecided

Please people answer me. embarassed
Should my tithe be 10% of my BASIC SALARY?
or
I have to add all my allowances like
my transport allowances
children allowances
medical allowances
inconvenience allowances and
basic allowances

then give 10% of the total.

Thanks for reading.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by PastorKun(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2012
I think it is better to consult your bible to know the biblical definition of tithes and decide if it is applicable to your salary. Tithes is well defined and explained in deut 14:22-29, you may wish to read it.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
cogbuagu: I got a job now but don't know how i will be paying my tithe. undecided

[s]Should my tithe be 10% of my BASIC SALARY?[/s]
or
my transport allowances
children allowances
medical allowances
basic allowances
Thanks for reading.

The New testament believers are not bounded by certain percentage. When the time comes for you to give to the work of God, give to the poor, needy, widows and orphans, DO IT FREELY, WILLING AND CHEERFULLY AS THE LORD BLESSED YOU. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE TITHE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH. It is a works of the law and we are not saved or blessed by works of our righteousness or religious works. God bless you.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Image123(m): 7:10pm On Apr 04, 2012
cogbuagu: I got a job now but don't know how i will be paying my tithe. undecided

or
my transport allowances
children allowances
medical allowances
basic allowances

Thanks for reading.

PLEASE, I DON'T NEED AN ARGUEMENT ON THIS. my response is to the OP.
It's good that you want to tithe. But first of all, you should be saved. If you're saved, that's when you are truly qualified to give to God. Ofcourse, you should realise that your giving does not save you, and that you are not giving tithes to be saved. Once that's out of the way, it's good you proceed cheerfully to give all the tithe.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The bolded says "all the tithes". It indicates the possibility of not brining all. So give the tithe of the total. I think that would qualify as ALL THE TITHES.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Goshen360(m): 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2012
Chei, Bro Image123,

Which one you come start so now? na wha for you,lol. Anyway, you be my bros but I go tell ya the truth now. Malachi 3:10 wasn't addressed to the Israelites but THE PRIEST.

The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi. Malachi 1:1 nkjv.

"And now, O priests, this commandment is for you. Malachi 2:1 nkjv.

This chapter 2 continued all the way to chapter 4. Bro Image123, try to re-visit this tithe issue sir. God bless you.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Image123(m): 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2012
Gosh, i no get strength to argue tithe matter abeg. Just leave me and the OP
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Goshen360(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2012
Image123: Gosh, i no get strength to argue tithe matter abeg. Just leave me and the OP

Okay Boss, I respect your privacy sir,lol. But you know say me dey talk true sha grin shocked lol.

Anyway, tithe or not tithe, you still be my man. We cannot agree on all issue sha. But if na another person, you know say me go follow the person,lol. You are cool. Nothing do you. I leave you make you rest on the bible verse say "we know in part" 1 Cor 13:9.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Image123(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2012
thank you, my brother
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by cogbuagu: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2012
Thanks all

My
Image123:
PLEASE, I DON'T NEED AN ARGUEMENT ON THIS. my response is to the OP.
It's good that you want to tithe. But first of all, you should be saved. If you're saved, that's when you are truly qualified to give to God. Ofcourse, you should realise that your giving does not save you, and that you are not giving tithes to be saved. Once that's out of the way, it's good you proceed cheerfully to give all the tithe.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The bolded says "all the tithes". It indicates the possibility of not brining all. So give the tithe of the total. I think that would qualify as ALL THE TITHES.
Thanks for this
I thought before that paying this part of way to be saved, because in church they talk about use not bringing it means stealing God's money.
goshen360:

The New testament believers are not bounded by certain percentage. When the time comes for you to give to the work of God, give to the poor, needy, widows and orphans, DO IT FREELY, WILLING AND CHEERFULLY AS THE LORD BLESSED YOU. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE TITHE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH. It is a works of the law and we are not saved or blessed by works of our righteousness or religious works. God bless you.

Thanks also
because there are some church right inside there u know they don't need the Tithe money, that the needy, the poor needs its most, and i
think is better to give it to them.

well,
why i ask all this is that, i will find it difficult to give 10% all my salary, but can give 10% of my basic salary.
I understand now that tithe does not save one as most pastors say and it is better given to those in need than churches that do not need it.

Thanks all once again
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by chiteny(m): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2012

or
my transport allowances
children allowances
medical allowances
basic allowances

Thanks for reading.

Issues on tithing have been over flogged already. Read up other posts and you will find the answer.
Re: Which Should Be My TITHE? by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2012
why i ask all this is that, i will find it difficult to give 10% all my salary, but can give 10% of my basic salary.

One of my dear brothers on this forum will say "the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart." enough said.

Does Satan & His Demons Possess The Power To Read Minds Like God? / Solipsism: You Are All Alone! / Why Did God Destroy Sodom & Gomorrah But Not The Churches In The Slave Castles?