Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

Riot In Uniabuja - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riot In Uniabuja (6145 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / 5 Types Of Big Boys In UNIABUJA / Info On Part Time Course In Uniabuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot In Uniabuja by safarigirl(f): 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
Reports have emerged that Ǟ stampede has ensued after some students in the University of Abuja, Gwagwalada went rioting due to the cancellation ☺₣ three courses which include Medicine and Agricultural Science by the Ministry of Education.

No links available but it's everywhere  the news
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by linkin8k(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
shocked that school ain't a proper university
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by angelz(f): 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
how many Nig. uni are proper university?
May God help us n dos caught in the riot
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
That's not worthy to be called a university. More like a secondary school. I always wonder why they still operate frm that mushroom called the old campus. I for one believe that more courses should be added to the list.

Everyday we complain about the failing standard of education in our country. Some schools shouldn't exist, till there are equipped and brought to standard.
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by dani1luv: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
Source please?
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by speeder(m): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
That university is a very ignoramus idiosincrazy. From the position of aptitude test to the points of courses. They never dothe right thing until u bribe them with huge sum of money. A university of abuja is suppose to be a limelight to others since it is situated in the capital. I applied for that uni. But unless u have 200 thousand b4 admission will b given to u. Don't ever make a mistake of sending your children to that school unless u have a higher hand.
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2012
safarigirl: Reports have emerged that Ǟ stampede has ensued after some students in the University of Abuja, Gwagwalada went rioting due to the cancellation ☺₣ three courses which include Medicine and Agricultural Science by the Ministry of Education.

No links available but it's everywhere  the news

and they intended stripping the NIGERIA from university of NIGERIA,nsukka and giving it to them, mtchewww, nonsense people
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by born2boink(m): 2:03pm On Apr 04, 2012
Even the one wey dey happen for lasu worst pass riot
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by otokx(m): 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2012
The minister of education should finish what she has started and shine her torchlight on all universities running unaccredited programs.
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by kombats: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2012
[size=50]Dem dey riot if boko haram show na so dem go dey cry[/size]
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by nbltech(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2012
Thanks!
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by linkin8k(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
Any parent here that can afford a private university should send their kids to Ghana cos its nearly the same price.

Uniabj is a special case sha. I'd rather go to a polytech than that place
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by slap1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
speeder: That university is a very ignoramus idiosincrazy. From the position of aptitude test to the points of courses. They never dothe right thing until u bribe them with huge sum of money. A university of abuja is suppose to be a limelight to others since it is situated in the capital. I applied for that uni. But unless u have 200 thousand b4 admission will b given to u. Don't ever make a mistake of sending your children to that school unless u have a higher hand.
I feel your failure to get admission is because of your very poor grammar. Work on your English language, bro.
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by hakunajay(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2012
slap1: I feel your failure to get admission is because of your very poor grammar. Work on your English language, bro.

This is caused by the shorthand fad among our youths today. You can barely find a youth who can write well without any unnecessary shorthands which are mostly ambigious and misleading.
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by Kennyblues(m): 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2012
The minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufai, has announced the indefinite suspension of four courses in the institution: Medicine, Veterinary medicine, Engineering and Agriculture, due to their non-accreditation by the National Universities Commission (NUC).

The minister said that before the establishment of the capital intensive programmes, many factors would have been considered, notably physical structures, learning resources and staff.

He further disclosed that ‘consultations with the relevant professional bodies, like Council for the Regulation of Engineering In Nigeria (COREN), Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, and the Vetinary Medical Council of Nigeria were not done which had caused untold hardship to students as they had to read the courses with no graduation date in sight.

She said: “Iit is on record that the university continued offering these programmes against the NUC’s directive on their closure in view of their denied accreditation status which has also led to the non-granting of admissions into the programmes.”

The minister, who stressed that the federal government would not hesitate to use the big stick against the management and leadership of the institution, said due process must be followed, which had already started following the white paper submitted by the committee for proper action.

She directed that, henceforth, all new admissions into the programme be suspended while JAMB and NUC ‘should work out modalities for redistributing the students already admitted into the four programmes to other universities where these programmes have full accreditation’ or to absorbe them into related programmes which have been accredited.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/04/medicine-3-other-courses-suspended-in.html
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by Eazeee(m): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2012
OMG som courses suspended 4 lack of facilities? i tot nigeria is too rich dat individuals even keep a cash of over N2 billion @ home n anoda person making millions of naira 4rom pure water biz.even our presido feeds on a billion naira food a year. how much is d cost of dis facilities sef? nigerians re mad
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by solbil: 11:06pm On Apr 04, 2012
it wasnt a riot it was a protest. I am a student here. I am still in school sha even though we were given till 6 pm to leave the school for an indefinite break. The students blocked the road that leads to the airport and giri junction. The protest did not reach glada as reported in the post. The best unis in nigeria are the first generation ones
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by paparazy09(m): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2012
If you care for quality education in Nigeria today,your best bet is Unilorin.No ASUU strikes and one of the best five in Nigeria today.

If you say education is expensive.......try ignorance!
Re: Riot In Uniabuja by rtsado(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2012
pls is department of accounting accredited because i choose uniabuja (accountancy) as my first & second choice.any one wit a gud source shd help me out.thank u so much.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Alleged Students Having Sex At A Party Spark Outrage / When Is Delsu Abraka Having Their Post Ume? / JAMB Cut Off Mark 2018/2019 For All Nigerian Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.