Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,815 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency (6793 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by lanrock(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
I beg convince GEJ to revert back to #65 b4 u live naija because fuel subsidy removal na ur handiwork iweala
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by sylve11: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
who will win has been known, there are bodies controlling the world. . .not just worth wasting time debating here on Nairaland.

Anything that concerns voting, electing & protesting should be avoided completely. . . . it's advisable not to burn ur calories on issue like this. sad sad cool

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Ejine(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2012
Chidichris (1025), could you just do yourself a favor and lay off the marijuana for once in your life?
Is that too much to ask?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by lacasa: 7:00pm On Apr 04, 2012
Some people get time to be posting non-seequential topics on Nairaland sha!

How does that reduce the price of fuel
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Degis(m): 7:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025, it is high time you stop smoking weed
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bakila: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
so now the world need the fraudulent touch of nigeria to move forward abi? okonjo iweala shouldn't have made the move in the first place. nigeria still has a lot to steal from and it is only in nigeria that criminals are respected and worshipped. why going out when everything is here for here to enjoy. she shld have known that stealing from and in nigeria is the best because even when u are caught, u will turn into a cabal and that will end the story. for me, na wrong move. why is she going to the world when nobody has accounted for all the recovered loots and additional N32 per litre made from fuel subsidy since january.
abeg, make the whole world dey careful of nigerians and their international intentions which could be fraudulent.

Ngozi Iweala de steal?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bakila: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2012
samwise@9jalife:
I am far from being her no. 1 fan but I pledge my 110% support to her.

you get voting right for world bank president matta? Abi you wan rig the election.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bakila: 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2012
kayci_d77: The world and Bigots here have no choice but to give it to NOI , The world has said she is the best to occupy that position, lets be proud of ours. biko-nu my Yoruba and Aboki brothers and sisters grin

Are you high on akpu or taba?
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by EagleNest(m): 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2012
Nigerians! Let's learn to support our OWN.
Yes, she had made mistake by advocating subsidy removal, but I think she must have learnt her lessons. It is not bad if a Nigerian occupies that position, nothing is impossible these days. If it is possible for a black man to occupy the reverred 'white house' then it is possible for NOI to be president of World Bank.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by obowunmi(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2012
she will NOT win.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by oiseworld: 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2012
obowunmi: she will NOT win.

YET WE MUST SUPPORT HER!!! She is our own. If the rest of the world had not found her guilty of corruption or any other charges then we can not crusify her.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Vergil: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2012
felix4real:

I sometimes wonder how Nigerians think. Must you gain anything directly from her being World Bank Head? I think i am getting really tired of the "subjective" comments being made on Nairaland about issues that should elicit intellectual response. If you must know, some of your possible gains from her being World Bank head are:

1. Nigeria would attain some level of relevance in the international system
2. If you travel abroad, then you will be regarded with less suspicion because someone from your country (often being branded as corrupt)is heading the world's highest financial institution
3. Nigeria would get more favourable deals in terms of world bank-assisted economic programs
4. If you are an business man who imports, then your letters of credit will be scrutinized with less fervour because your economic status will receive positive assessment
5. Points 1 to 4 above will favour Nigerian businesses and and the economy in general.
6. The list is actually endless........

Note that i am not soliciting for her being president i am merely pointing out possible gains should she become president.

Stop looking at what the immediate direct gains would be and project on the broader gains of her becoming president. Consider less the picture a 5 mega-pixel camera would produce for you and start considering the limitless resolution and size the camera in your eye (your retina) can give you.

No offence. But you a little off it m8!
All those points you gave are pretty much nothing. I suspect you'd like to feel some sense of pride from a Nigerian bein made d president. Of WB, since you're a Nigerian.
But m8, doesn't really work that way in the real world. Nigerians would still be scrutinized d same way, sure it would make so little difference. Only thing you can get from this, is bragging rights to you Ghanian m8, that a Nigerian is there. Your country would still most likely ne corrupt. Boko Haram would most probably still be playing their bombs n kidnapping games etc.
Import business or not, if I want to do somesort of business with you, I'd like to know your credit worth, whether you have your country woman in WB or not.
When Koffi was UN big boy, he had lil "leg way", but the country itself was building itself gradually (@ Ghana). If you know anybody that studied international relations etc. Speak to them.

Can't explain in details & properly.
Main advantage I see here, is in the area of grants, funds etc... Heck, that too wud be kinda watched closely, cos aint only Nigeria that need $!
Just don't self-service over this whole election...pls!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 04, 2012
Ejiné: Chidichris (1025), could you just do yourself a favor and lay off the marijuana for once in your life?
Is that too much to ask?

that kid needs to be woken up every morning at 5 am and flogged on bare butts until he pisses and sh11ts himself
such routine should be repeated everyday for at least six months
too many untrained kids in igbo land these days cry
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by clemmonce(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
i am tired of all this ngozi shit.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Kachi01: 7:28am On Apr 05, 2012
Aka Chukwu di ya.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by emsquare(m): 7:52am On Apr 05, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
so now the world need the fraudulent touch of nigeria to move forward abi? okonjo iweala shouldn't have made the move in the first place. nigeria still has a lot to steal from and it is only in nigeria that criminals are respected and worshipped. why going out when everything is here for here to enjoy. she shld have known that stealing from and in nigeria is the best because even when u are caught, u will turn into a cabal and that will end the story. for me, na wrong move. why is she going to the world when nobody has accounted for all the recovered loots and additional N32 per litre made from fuel subsidy since january.
abeg, make the whole world dey careful of nigerians and their international intentions which could be fraudulent.

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by felix4real: 9:07am On Apr 05, 2012
Vergil:

No offence. But you a little off it m8!
All those points you gave are pretty much nothing. I suspect you'd like to feel some sense of pride from a Nigerian bein made d president. Of WB, since you're a Nigerian.
But m8, doesn't really work that way in the real world. Nigerians would still be scrutinized d same way, sure it would make so little difference. Only thing you can get from this, is bragging rights to you Ghanian m8, that a Nigerian is there. Your country would still most likely ne corrupt. Boko Haram would most probably still be playing their bombs n kidnapping games etc.
Import business or not, if I want to do somesort of business with you, I'd like to know your credit worth, whether you have your country woman in WB or not.
When Koffi was UN big boy, he had lil "leg way", but the country itself was building itself gradually (@ Ghana). If you know anybody that studied international relations etc. Speak to them.

Can't explain in details & properly.
Main advantage I see here, is in the area of grants, funds etc... Heck, that too wud be kinda watched closely, cos aint only Nigeria that need $!
Just don't self-service over this whole election...pls!

Funny enough, i also agree with your assessment. It's an opposite view of what i expressed and it draws out the kind of intellectual response i would expect from issues like this. For your information, i studied international relations and in international relations, a coin may be viewed as having different sides but both sides can still be argued as "heads" without "tails"...it depends on how you post your argument and how logical it is, because there's no one correct answer to an international question; diplomacy recognizes neither right nor wrong but only propagates what is regarded as a generally acceptable norm.

If you read my post, you will see that i used the phrase "possible gains". This is a logical assessment of what might emanate from her becoming president. I didn't make a definite pronouncement but a logical assumption which of course, every political analyst would make in trying to draw out an advantage from this discourse. Let me ask you this question, do you think States would be fighting to install their citizens in international positions if there were no gains attached? Of course no one will tell you that Ban Ki Moon for instance, being the Sec. Gen of the UN has suddenly given South Korea a boosting edge over North Korea in the Korean peninsula conflict; and he was made Sec. Gen when the North and South were at the brink of breaking their half-century old ceasefire and returning to war.

Truth be told, if Iweala becomes World Bank president, it may or may not benefit Nigeria directly or indirectly, but believe me when i say this, being the Head of an international organization comes with its perks for the holder of the position and his or her country. Whether you choose to accept this assessment or not is really up to you...because like i said earlier, an analysis or opinion raised about an issue does not automatically translate to conclusive facts, and the facts of an issue expressed is no longer an analysis but a review.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2012
hum.... America,EU and japan did control 54% votes, but just wait and see,Japan would support her soon,America would definitely split on the choice of support which i believe she would get and same with EU.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2012
1025:

@o.poster,
ODDDDEE!!!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by greall1: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2012
abi O ti win nii
Okoju ko wela niii
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 11:16am On Apr 06, 2012
lol
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by ralfo85(m): 2:37pm On Apr 06, 2012
Is she intending to manage 2 jobs at the same time or what? Let are concentrate on reviving the Nigerian economy first! Which world bank president.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Gloria3: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2012
Love u and this post [quote
author=felix4real]

I sometimes wonder how Nigerians think. Must you gain anything directly
from her being World Bank Head? I think i am getting really tired of the
"subjective" comments being made on Nairaland about issues that should
elicit intellectual response. If you must know, some of your possible
gains from her being World Bank head are:

1. Nigeria would attain some level of relevance in the international
system
2. If you travel abroad, then you will be regarded with less suspicion
because someone from your country (often being branded as corrupt)is
heading the world's highest financial institution
3. Nigeria would get more favourable deals in terms of world
bank-assisted economic programs
4. If you are an business man who imports, then your letters of credit
will be scrutinized with less fervour because your economic status will
receive positive assessment
5. Points 1 to 4 above will favour Nigerian businesses and and the
economy in general.
6. The list is actually endless........

Note that i am not soliciting for her being president i am merely
pointing out possible gains should she become president.

Stop looking at what the immediate direct gains would be and project on
the broader gains of her becoming president. Consider less the picture a
5 mega-pixel camera would produce for you and start considering the
limitless resolution and size the camera in your eye (your retina) can
give you.[/quote]
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
smiley
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by nimi1: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
Dr. Iweala will surely win the World Bank contest. Reason? she has the expertise and experience!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by 1025: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
You are a disgrace to whatever educational institution,you attended.
You lack the normal Nigerian intelligence.

@solomon111,
i have never laughed the way i did reading this piece above. did u say normal Nigerian Intelligence? pls do not let anyone hear that nigerians are intelligent. the only country in this world without electricity - intelligent? the only country in the world where corruption is legalised - intelligent? the only country in the world where an elected president tells the citizenry that there is a cabal he can't touch - intelligent? the only country in the world where the more you steal the lesser the punishment - intelligent? our educational system, our roads, no pipe borne water, chinese generators of different sounds here and there, kidnappers, militants, boko haram - all examples of intelligence? okonjo iweala was a finance minister under obasanjo, what did she achieve? did she stop the crazy wasting and looting of funds? apart for the subsidy removal hardship, what other important decisions has she made and how has the woman in her nigerian intelligence helped us reduce corruption by the ruling class?
if by mistake the world consider her for the post, they will regret the same way nigerians are regretting the election of jonathan.
in my village, we say, if u are not a thief but u harbour thieves, u are a thief as well. okonjo iweala cannot say she as a minister of finance does not know about all the corruptions taking place under her nose.
God please do not allow this woman to pass oooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by bilms(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2012
i tire 4us
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by stepo707: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2012
Guess not afterall
Re: Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency by Teoluxfabs: 3:21am On Jul 18, 2012
1025:
are u a Nigerian?? Better ask yur self dis question... Cuz u ar a disgrace to d entire country...
@ekhan1,
your okonjo iweala told nigerians that the issue of fuel subsidy removal was not concluded as they were still negotiating but what did we see on January 1st?
that alone can make a reasonable person to resign. she lied and deceived us then her boss punished us with leprosy fuel price.
i don't know if she will win or not but i am saying that i don't want her to win. she is part of this pdp disgrace that is bringing nigeria down.
tell me, she was the finance minister under obasanjo and trilions were stolen under her nose. was she aware of those loots or not? she left the first time and now come back with jonathan and u will agree with me that stealing has increased with no single person serving any jail term anywhere. is that the type of justice u want the world to take? nigeria in her plenty of oil can't boast of steady power supply, no road, no educational system, no security, no hospital, corruption is a culture and our banks are mere agents of the politicians'looting madness. what has ur NOI to show nigerians for her intelligence and class? what is the difference between NOI and jonathan in this corrupt jungle u call nigeria?
point to one thing that the minister of finance did with all the recovered loots of abacha. in my village, if u are not a criminal but u harbour criminals, we call u a criminal with Bold Letters.
she is aware of all the movements of money under her even when she was moved to the ministry of information under obasanjo. till today, did okonjo iweala tell nigerians while she resigned under obasanjo and now come back under jonathan.
if she wins, the world will be like nigeria in the next 5 years. the whole world will be without light. there won't be security and no good roads, no quality education, no hospitals and corruption will be the order of the day.
no need to waste my time with u because the world know nigeria and nigerians more than i can explain it here.
have u ever asked urself how the president of Benin republic won the president of giant of african for the post of ecowas chairman. who told u that if someone from benin even context, she wouldn't win NOI.
no normal person will vote a nigerian in an election not one that is even serving under the most corrupt party/govt in the history of man.
God please do not let a nigerian win this important position ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / Enugu Govt Announces Speedy Repairs Of New Potholes / Jubilation!! Presidency Nominates Two Qualified Igbo Senators To Replace Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.