Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,784 members, 7,806,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire (6772 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by DisGuy: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2012
Does anyone know if he is chasing a particular record or perhaps taking a coach badge,
this is a player who has played in the highest level of the sport ,he has achieved so much within and outside the game
what else is he looking for playing once in six months for Portsmouth

Players around his age and even younger than him have retired and moved on into management, business, football coaching, media etc
What exactly is Mr Kanu waiting for?
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by kelz88(f): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
LMAO!!

Guess he loves the game a bit too much.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by DisGuy: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
Arghh They are about to be relegated again!!

Maybe he wants to be a manager or even buy the club when they are wort ha few pennies
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
Guess its for the undying for the game
That brought so much FAME, FORTUNE AND
FAVOUR. Nothing more.
Aftrol he can still play for as long as those legs
Can carry him.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by kiyosaki1(m): 11:52am On Apr 17, 2012
Kanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itse[b]Kanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itse[/b]Kanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itse
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by venorite(m): 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
grin grin I tink he is afraid of being witout a job but seriously he has won evertin so he has to retire
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by ozicoblendo: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
that is wat he knows hw to do best........
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by Tropilo(m): 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Thought he was appointed as a Senior Special Adviser (SSA) to Governor Rochas Okorocha.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by slam7000(m): 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by kiyosaki1(m): 45 minutes & 56 seconds
Kanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itseKanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itseKanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itse
(Report Post) (

@kiyosaki..do you have parkinson disease or is your keyboard stuttering?

4 Likes

Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by chucky234(m): 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
venorite: grin grin I tink he is afraid of being witout a job but seriously he has won evertin so he has to retire
did you drink kerosine or spirit? while would Kanu be afraid of being without a job when he can readily get a job anywhere and has also been offered a coaching job at Ajax. The man is even richer than the whole richmen in your village combined,he just love the game and its hard to say goodbye to the only thing you have done continually for more than 20 years.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
Kanu doesn't have much money on him as compared to Jay Jay or even Mikel!
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by mcnepow(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
chucky234:
did you drink kerosine or spirit? while would Kanu be afraid of being without a job when he can readily get a job anywhere and has also been offered a coaching job at Ajax. The man is even richer than the whole richmen in your village combined,he just love the game and its hard to say goodbye to the only thing you have done continually for more than 20 years.

shaarraaappp dia jooor tongue

If u come from a poor village does it mean every oda person also faces the same shyte as your people?? undecided
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by tellmemore(m): 1:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
slam7000:

Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by kiyosaki1(m): 45 minutes & 56 seconds
Kanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itseKanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itseKanu as a proper Okoro man is just exhibiting his love for mama Charlie and not the game itse
(Report Post) (

@kiyosaki..do you have parkinson disease or is your keyboard stuttering?

cheesy Nice one @kiyosaki. People hide under a faceless public board and say whatever their tribal myopic brain tells them to say.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
As long as he's still being paid, he should remain there until dem pursue am. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by DisGuy: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
afam4eva: As long as he's still being paid, he should remain there until dem pursue am. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

bros, you want the guy to 'fall' on the pitch like the recent cases in england, and italy

Aebg Bros should go an start a new chapter in his hometown
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by Afam4eva(m): 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
Dis Guy:

bros, you want the guy to 'fall' on the pitch like the recent cases in england, and italy

Aebg Bros should go an start a new chapter in his hometown

It's not like he's playing. I think his job there is more like a moral booster for the young players. I don't expect Papilo to still be playing active football considering his age and what he's been through medically.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by emsquare(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
kelz88: LMAO!!

Guess he loves the game a bit too much.

Yes ooo.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by chucky234(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2012
@mcnepow, your name alone shows that poverty is written all over you and your village must be suffering famine epidemic,oh poor you.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by Jeezy: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2012
grin ;Dlol...Walcock ko, Hancock ni
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by cashmentor(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
Trying to Save enough to run his Foundation After Retirement i guess!
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
Leave me alone - dayoKANU
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by 9jafreak: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
wow, KANU is still in football?

See story o!
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by NwaNimo1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2012
Silly question - who else will pay him £15,000 per week?

He's not started a game in 6 months and his manager will not pick him because he doesn't think he can last 45 minutes.

Kanu has tried - he should have been retired 6 years ago yet he's still getting paid.

Also Benjani is on £15,000 per week at Portsmouth and has also not started a game in 6 months.

Good on them . . . .
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by tyson55(m): 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
^^^

Are they (Kanu and Benjani) still being paid? I thought Portmouth went into Administration long time ago.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by pdpiperpippen: 3:46am On Apr 18, 2012
I rather u congratulate kanu having played active football, well into his 50s(fifties)
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by femmy2010(m): 5:25am On Apr 18, 2012
I guess he just still he enjoys still playing soccer and a great plus to still get paid for it.
As long as his body can take it,he should continue.
Re: Kanu Nwankwo: How Not To Retire by mizne1: 1:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
[quote author=afam4eva]

It's not like he's playing. I think his job there is more like a moral booster for the young players. I don't expect Papilo to still be playing active football considering his age and what he's been through medically.[/quote grin grin grin grin][img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Abia Warriors Boss Okey Emordi Resigns / Who Knew WWE Superstar Apollos Crew Is A Nigeria? / John Fashanu Confirms Tb Joshua Predicted Super Eagles Match To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.