Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe (6827 Views)

Ugwuanyi Reveals: I Alerted Security Operatives Before Fulani Herdsmen Attack / Security Operatives To Arrest Felix Obuah, PDP Boss / Imo Assembly To Honour Young Rocket Launchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by funshint(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
Rocket launchers!!! BH is obviously moving faster than d military. I can smell war in d air!
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by y2kaustin(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
IGBOs and "the money"....folishness,illitracy and greed. equals Death...
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Yujin(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2012
These weapons are nothing compared to what they have smuggled into some unexpected enclaves. Most of us complain on net and subsequently show apathy outside the net. I said they would strike in Nassarawa state and they indeed struck. Let me say it again further attacks would be carried out against the indigenes of the state by the fulanis. BH, fulani herdsmen & religious crisis in the north has nothing but one aim, which is to conquer, dominate and islamize the minority tribes of the core north & MB before extending it down south. Gombe state itself shall witness its own any day the indigenous christians there ask for a fair share of the goodies from the state. They shifted those weapons there to quash any such attempt. Meanwhile ethnic cleansing against minority christians continue in northern nigeria. It is well documented. We are all just sitting on a time bomb.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
Is Nigeria at war? Why would people come in with such a number of rocket launchers? For me, this is beyond the scope of terrorism by Boko Haram.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Ignatio(m): 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2012
Basics007: 51 Rocket launchers?! Oluwa o!!!

Me I no fit shout. Who knows how many more are still covered? And who knows were they are targeting?

BTW I feel no pity for the Ibos that were killed.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by iconaus: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2012
Are we not in one Nigeria? Why are people saying Igbos and Money? leaving the North means you the BH has acheived its objective. Igbos fought to secede from Nigeria having been victims of this slaughter in the past but Nigeria state said no . Can people see why Ighos wanted Biafra? Since Biafra wasnt to be and one Nigeria was survived , how come people are saying igbos should leave the North ? if igbos should leave the north then the hausas should leave east . Where does this lead us as Nigeria ? answer is to divide the country. Igbos should not leave the north . They should stay and fight . It is Nigeria and Nigeria belongs to us all . Igbos have massive investments in the north and else where therefore it is not easy for them to leave north just like that . Is like telling Igbos to leave Lagos because of Killings instead they fight for their livelihood .
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Mowire: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2012
@Icon, are you and your family living in north?
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by passionate88: 11:59pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ignatio:

Me I no fit shout. Who knows how many more are still covered? And who knows were they are targeting?

BTW I feel no pity for the Ibos that were killed.

Neither do I.... they believe on the empty promises of Roachass that went there... Tomorrow you will hear their leaders saying enough is enough yet the cowards will do nothing... And they call the yorubas cowards...
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by iconaus: 4:38am On Apr 07, 2012
This thread is mainly the issue of rocket launcher not yoruba cowardice or igbo cowardice . Igbos have fought war because of the same killing in the past which goes a long way in proving them as brave people . Same killing by fulani/hausa is being suffered by other tribes middle belt and yorubas yet they keep silence about it. who is coward here?
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by iconaus: 4:58am On Apr 07, 2012
@Mowire . Me and my family dont live in the North . All my family members are all living in the North and i dont advise them to depart north and live their investments. This is one Nigeria . Any body is free to depart North but it is impossible for all the ibos to leave north if that will be the case , other tribes will have to go back to their various state of origin including govt civil servant working in other states rather than theirs.It is difficult for one to just one day leave a place he was born , a place he has called home abandoning his business empire . we have a govt whose responsibility is to protect the life and property of her citizenry. The best option is not to encourage people to run away hence BH will be acheiving its aim . Igbos will leave North only when the pseudo country Nigeria stops to exist . Igbos were forced back to be part of this false country against their wish when they opted out. We know that somes tribes would want to see a situation where ibos will abandon their property in north or west and go back empty handed - it is a wishful thinking which will only happen upon disintegration of this country . Besides BH will soon be no more or else there will be war.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Yeske2(m): 5:16am On Apr 07, 2012
Rocket launchers, now we're talking. The Boko Haram guys don step up big time,
as for the fallen Igbos up north, a stitch in time saves nine. Nuff said.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 07, 2012
With luf From Afghanistan
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 07, 2012
PointB: 51 Rocket Launchers Uncovered in Gombe

06 Apr 2012

By Michael Olugbode

Security operatives Thursday seized 51 rocket launchers in a house in Barunde area of Gombe metropolis which was being used to manufacture rockets and improvised explosive devices (IEDs).

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that the raid, carried out by State Security Service (SSS) personnel and the army, came a few hours after four persons were arrested with 60 explosive devices in another part of the city.

The Director of SSS in Gombe State, Mr. Bitrus Asha, who conducted journalists round the “factory”, said one man had been arrested in the house.

Asha disclosed that 51 rocket launchers, 48 bags of fertiliser, sulphuric acid and cortex items were recovered.

Other items recovered are detonators, remote control devices, different types of chemicals, six containers for preparation of IEDs and other items.

He advised people to report suspicious characters to security agents, adding that the SSS and other security agencies would reinforce the operation, which would be sustained.

Meanwhile, Borno State government and the Joint Task Force (JTF) Thursday blamed the residents of the state for the continued siege of Boko Haram on the state.

They said the non-provision of vital information that would lead to the arrest of the sect members was the reason why there was no end in sight to the insecurity of the state and by extension the entire nation.

The Deputy Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Zanna Mustapha, who was at the Monday Market, Maiduguri, where 11 persons were confirmed killed by the sect, said the only way to end the onslaught of the fundamentalists was by providing the right information that would lead to their arrest.

The deputy governor, who was at the market to commiserate with the traders, promised that the state government in collaboration with the security agencies would provide adequate security in and around the market.
He assured the families of those who lost their beloved ones that government would assist them in whatever capacity, and called on the general public to cooperate with the security agencies in providing information that would assist in arresting those who are terrorising innocent people in the state.

Mustapha added that without the people giving adequate information to the security agencies, government alone could not stop the rampant killings by the faceless group who are hiding under religion to cause mayhem.

He also directed the General Manager of the market, Alhaji Ajiya Terab, to sensitise all traders on the importance of giving information on suspected criminals in the market to the security agencies, particularly the JTF, promising that such information would be treated with confidentiality.

Also yesterday, the JTF came out to state that the battle to smoke out the fundamentalists was needlessly prolonged due to the uncooperative attitude of residents of Maiduguri.

The spokesman of the task force, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, in a press release, said: "The JTF in Borno State has observed with concern the poor attitude of the public in Maiduguri metropolis to the issue of information sharing with security agencies.
"It is worrisome that Boko Haram terrorists are living in the same community with the people without requisite information that will assist the JTF in arresting them."

He warned that the task force would deal ruthlessly with anyone trying to disrupt the peace of the state especially during the Easter period and beyond.
Musa assured everyone of confidentiality of information given.

He said: "They need not fear for any information passed to the JTF will be treated with utmost confidentiality."

More facts have been provided on Wednesday’s attack on the Monday Market.

Terab said that 11 persons were killed, made up of nine Igbos and three Kanuri traders.

Musa had on Wednesday said that only one person was killed in the deadly attack, but his counterpart in the police was more lenient with the truth, insisting that seven persons were killed.

Terab, who conducted the deputy governor round the scene of the attack, stated that seven out of the 11 died at the spot, while the other four who were rushed to the hospital for treatment could not survive the gunshots.
Three of them also died before reaching the hospital, including Miss Amaka, who in the process of running to see her father who was shot dead, was also killed by the gunmen.

The GM told the deputy governor that gunmen numbering about 10 invaded the market with four of them carrying AK47s, while the others were in possession of pistols.

They started shooting at their targets without any confrontation from anyone despite the deployment of some security agents in the market.

On why the market was closed yesterday, he told the deputy governor that the management of the market had to close it for the moment in honour of the dead.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/51-rocket-launchers-uncovered-in-gombe/113122/

NONSENSE BULLSHIT. Let Martial Law be declared in that state, remove the boko haram governor and put in a military man as the governor, Carry military put for every corner and street. is Boko Haram more powerful than the Nigerian military? any suspicious waka waka shot at sight u go see that the will cool down.

OBJ remains the best president of Nigeria except looting us. HAD it been him BOKO for become pass tense cause he got de swag.

Well sha e be like say GEJ de fear self.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 07, 2012
I thank God that the Police didnt follow in this Mission because had it been they followed this mission would have been tagged "unsuccessful"
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 07, 2012
I smell MALI in NIGERIA. CHOIIIIIIIIII. IGBOS GET READY, YOUROBA GET READY. Rocket Lauchers? soon it will be Nuclear weapons.

GEJ IS MAKING ME LOSE CONFIDENCE IN HIM.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2012
Igbos please leave borno for the bornos! there are places that you will be wellcomed in the north why must you die in maiduguri? and btw, why cant you learn how to do business somewhere and send the money back home? im not igbo o, but i dont like the way they are being killed in the north. did you heard of any yoruba killed in the latest, bt nine(9) igbos just like that. the yorubas, being cowards as you always say, had learnt and done 'ki oju ma ri ibi...'
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by jege456: 9:22am On Apr 07, 2012
I totally concur with those that propose a mass exodus of igbos from the north. Recent happenings are a clear indication that they are no longer welcome there. So why stay on?

South-Eastern governors should clear land and build low-cost housing in preparation of the return og their brothers. This is not a time to join in singing the 'one nigeria' mantra. We are obviously the biggest losers. There's a lot of fallow land lying in states and in between states. Clear the land, construct access roads, draw power and provide basic amenities and ur sons and daughters will come home alive. They are a bit hesitant returning because they fear there's no provision made for their return.

We see the way northerners leave the south-east at the slightest hint of trouble. Not knowing we are not like dem.

Enough is enough. Eastern governors, wake up!
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by Bastiger(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2012
do i have sympathy 4 those igbos dat were brutally murdered in borno?nope,gini ka ha na eme n'borno?wat r dey still doin dia?wat kind of damned bizness r dey doin dia?inspite of all d killings,dey chose to remain dia just to make money,let me see if they will still do dat biz dat cost them dia lives in their grave.it is a know fact dat igbos r targets of bh,it just baffles me dat many igbos r still dia.anyway,let it be a lesson 2 other igbos still in borno,there is an igbo adage dat says'imara asu,suonu ya n'ikwe gi.ma imaghi asu,sujisie ya apata gi'.if they lyk let dem remain dia till bh wipes all of dem out.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by knowledge4(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
How did the rocket launchers come in undetected?
These are the issues we need to address as a nation.
Too many weapons are in unauthorized hands.
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by passionate88: 5:45am On Apr 08, 2012
icon aus: This thread is mainly the issue of rocket launcher not yoruba cowardice or igbo cowardice . Igbos have fought war because of the same killing in the past which goes a long way in proving them as brave people . Same killing by fulani/hausa is being suffered by other tribes middle belt and yorubas yet they keep silence about it. who is coward here?

young man u can't kill an indigene of plateau and go away with it... go to jos and see how they do, it's an eye for an eye unlike the igbos that shouts like the yorubas but do nothing... you guys have mossob what are they doing about the killings up north?.. NOTHING tomorrow uwazuruike will come out and say enough is enough roach[b]ASSSSSS[/b] will go to the north and ask the igbos not to come back home while none of his relation is there... look at what opc did, they march round the streets of lagos and dared boko haram but massob shouts and makes threats only on the pages of newspaper..
Re: Security Operatives Seized 51 Rocket Launchers At Barunde, Gombe by brainchild78(m): 4:15pm On Apr 08, 2012
they need 2 get hold of the key funders of such treacherous activities

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Rauf Aregbeshola May Lose. (the Education Sector). / What Could Tinubu Be Smoking? (photo) / Buhari's Accent: A National Embarrassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.