Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. (7891 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents / Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Mekky2010: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2012
By Olawale Olaleye

For the first time since he left office in 2007, former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has cleared the air on his alleged controversial third term bid and said the idea generated from the National Assembly and not him.

The former president who said this in an interview that will be fully aired on Channels Television today at 2.30pm but from which a two minutes clip was played as an appetizer said he would have succeeded with the idea if he wanted a third term as was suggested towards the end of his presidency in 2007.

He said there was nothing he ever wanted that God did not do for him, as such, if he truly wanted the third term, he knew how he would have gone about it and would have secured it because God has never failed him.

He said his Liaison officer to National Assembly affairs, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa is a living witness to all that transpired during the period and can testify to the fact that the idea of third term did not generate from him.

“If I wanted a third term, I know how to go about it. And there is nothing I wanted that God has not given me. So, if I wanted a third term, I know how to go about it and I would have gotten it,” Obasanjo said with emphasis.

He said those who spoke about his alleged move to secure a third term, including his then deputy, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, have never mentioned that he discussed the issue with anyone or the name of anyone but have only said they knew there was a plan for tenure elongation.

Rather, he said this has been based on hearsay.
Obasanjo said the third term clause in the proposed amendment of the Constitution then was just one of the over 100 items for amendment.

He said the bill was initiated by the National Assembly, adding that the then Chairman of the joint committee of the National Assembly on the review of the constitution, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, never said he initiated or mandated the committee to include the clause in the proposed amendment.
He added: “There is no one that is close to me that can say I even mentioned to him that I was interested in a third term.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/again-obasanjo-denies-requesting-for-3rd-term/113109/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Callotti: 9:31am On Apr 06, 2012
Old king Cole is really a merry old soul!

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9uxa7iBphY[/flash]

Can you blame the good 'ol King OLE'?
E don chop belle wise gan. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 06, 2012
He did not. Ask for a third term.
Show me any article or clip to prove he wanted a third term.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Callotti: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2012
Show us proof that Jesus is the only 'biggoten' son of God first!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by bakila: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2012
Since you know that God will not refuse to give you what you want. Oya contest for the third term, baba.
Shame will never have a limit in our country.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by manuch(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2012
I said it then and i say it now. OBJ did not ask for third term. It was his loyalist pushing for it.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by blackboi(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2012
If u ask me.. Na who i go ask??cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by ismhab(m): 11:25am On Apr 06, 2012
A capital liar, mo.ron like obasanjo every body should ignore him.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2012
“If I wanted a third term, I know
how to go about it. And there is
nothing I wanted that God has not
given me. So, if I wanted a third
term, I know how to go about it and I
would have gotten it,” Obasanjo said
with emphasis.

Hmmmmm!

This man! See how he is talking like a saint, the man that out played maradona aka evil genius at his own game.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by slq(m): 11:44am On Apr 06, 2012
Selfishness of African leaders!!if he got that third term next would ve been life presidency.He seriously
Wanted that third term and has severely dealt with the pips that stopped him(wheter they did it for selfish reasons or for the Nation)...African leaders should take a cue from Mandela for once
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by cowgurl: 11:50am On Apr 06, 2012
Don't I js lik dis dude, so much balls n trust me e ain't kiddin. If e indeed wanted a third term, e would v gotten it n there's nothin any1 cud v done abot it.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by ismhab(m): 11:50am On Apr 06, 2012
ib55:
with emphasis.

Hmmmmm!

This man! See how he is talking like a saint, the man that out played maradona aka evil genius at his own game.
He is saying the right thing, the man is corrupt he will bribe our house members for his failed agenda.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2012
Callotti: Show us proof that Jesus is the only 'biggoten' son of God first!
I don't believe in jesus or God
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2012
I don't believe in jesus or your God
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by belvo(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2012
Has any nigerian ever wanted the UN sec gen post and fail?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by NEROSKY(m): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2012
“If I wanted a third term, I know how
to go about it. And there is nothing I
wanted that God has not given me. So,
if I wanted a third term, I know how to
go about it and I would have gotten
it,” Obasanjo said with emphasis.

OBJ stop bluffing,stop acting as if you knew God Existed,Ogboni man
shut up ur mouth cuz u've done more harm than good this odious n insidious man....On a contrary,you shud av gone 4 d third term,then i will see you reiterating ur desire ¤sigh¤

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Kolababa: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
Does this man called Obasanjo think that Nigerians are fools?
The bill for tenure enlogation was an executive bill not a legislative bill as he claimed. That one by the way. Go and ask Former Rasheed Ladoja of Oyo State, he said his impeachment was not from Adedibu as people believed, Adedibu was just used by Obasanjo to deal with him for turning down the third term proposal. He said in 2005, OBJ called him and other SouthWest Governors excluding Lagos that was under AD that he wanted to amend the constitution for him to do third term and tat he wanted his SW PDP Governors to reach out to other governors on it. Ladoja said that he told Obasanjo plainly there in Otta that it was not possible and he would not be part of the agenda to amend the constitution for any personal gain. Because of this, OBJ marked him and he then sided Adedibu to make sure they got him out office by all means, legally or illegally.
Even Fayose said it that OBJ can tell others that he did not want third term but he cannot say it to his face, Fayose. He said he wrote the minute of the meeting they held in Aso Villa with Akala representing Oyo State where he introduced Akala as the new Oyo Governor when Ladoja was still in power. He said when Oyinlola sked why Akala, OBJ replied that Ladoja would be removed for stiffneckedness. He told them Ladoja dared him and as a result, his days are numbered as the governor.
Why is he now saying he did not want the third term.
OBJ IS A BLOODY LIAR.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by ismhab(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
belvo: Has any nigerian ever wanted the UN sec gen post and fail?
Yes the dangerous liar by name obasanjo failed to become the united nation secretary.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by ikeyman00(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
@@@

these foolish obj is beginning to visualise how bad he was

the man was asked on cnn if the third was real; what did he say then shocked

oh well personally i dnt expect any better from these human with monkey brain cool
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by skullbaba: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2012
I believe if baba wants it, he would surely gets it. Dont trust nigeria law BREAKERS. All they want is Ghana must go moving about in the house and the highest bidder got the thump.but about the issue of getting everything he want from God is a lie, why is he in prison in the first place?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Kolababa: 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
@Skullbaba
Remember Senator Ajimobi presented the N50 million cash bribe offered them for the third term. Thanks to Senator Ken Nnamani I respect so much for playing a stateman game not the chopchop David Mark we have now. Also most of the governors then especially from the North mobilised their lawmakers to vote against the satanic third term.
So, it is not the matter of If I wanted it, I would have gotten it.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by donpeluchi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
What nonsense. Anyway it is not his fault, this is an abnormal country so anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Kolababa: 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Remember this satement:
"My people from Enugu have asked me to vote NO to tenure enlogation"

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Kolababa: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
Remember this satement:
"My people from Enugu have asked me to vote NO to tenure enlogation"
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Mekky2010: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2012
Ma ppl take it easy with OBJ, it is either old age or amnesia.. recommend good dr u know for him please.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Callotti: 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2012
After doling out Ghana Must Go bags to both upper and lower houses. . .dem chop im money run.
Now he is denying.
Baba go and sleep!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by emsquare(m): 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2012

...Read your bible!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by gulfer: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
ismhab:
Yes the dangerous liar by name obasanjo failed to become the united nation secretary.
So baba, why and how did you not get the UN Job if you always get what you wanted......Smells of crass self-adulation that comes with getting to never imagined heights by liliputs. Wonder if he wished to go to Abacha's jail in the first place! angry angry angry angry@OBJ for this cheap talk after how many years.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Lollysbride: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2012
Since you know that God will not refuse to give you what you want. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by gulfer: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2012
Below is Masari talking about how they killed the 3rd term ambition of OBJ.
“We knew what we were doing when we asked every member to make his/her views public before the cameras,” Masari says in an exclusive interview with your favourite Saturday Sun, adding: “We didn’t want anyone hiding behind a finger. Because it was an unpopular idea, the rep members had to be mindful of his/her actions and utterances. I ensured that every member answered his father’s name.”

The ex-Speaker confessed that he indeed, faced enormous pressures from the General at Aso Rock. “There were all kinds of pressures,” Masari says. “But at the end, one had to do what was right before God and man. So many things happened before and even after the death of third term.”

Any regrets for what some would call a suicidal action (standing against the General’s raging ambition?) “Absolutely, no regret,” he says, his voice rising above its normal level. “If given the chance, I will do the same thing again. Because you don’t amend the law because of one person, no matter how good he is. Doing so will be creating a precedence. If the current ruler is doing very well, you amend the law to accommodate him to continue doing very well. In the same system a bad ruler can use it to also perpetuate himself and create havoc.
OBJ also sent some of his ministers to United States to lobby the Americans on the plan. He is a pure hypocrite who thinks we all have short memories. Recently, he appealed to the Senegalese to concede to Wade's 3rd term but was refused (trying to achieve what he failed to achieve in Nigeria in Senegal)
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by Fairgodwin(m): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
cowgurl: Don't I js lik dis dude, so much balls n trust me e ain't kiddin. If e indeed wanted a third term, e would v gotten it n there's nothin any1 cud v done abot it.
Thanks jare. I'm not so much a fan of politics, especially, Nigerian Politics, but I so much fancy this man, Obasanjo! Love him or hate him, he's got it all. And truly, he's favoured of God!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. by omoalaro: 2:09pm On Apr 06, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b][quote author=ib55]
with emphasis.

This is a lie. You wanted PDP to win the South West but God did not give you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wuse Abuja Commercial Vehicle's Banned. / If Buhari Had Been Killed , The North Would Have Razed Nigeria Down / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.