Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? (12004 Views)

Describe GOD In One Word / Higher Everyday — Love Not The World / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2012
Are you reading this? If yes, then you are using a computer.
Are you a Nigerian and do you drive? If yes, then there is a more than 50% chance you drive or have driven a Toyota/Honda
Do you watch TV? If yes, then you probably use a Toshiba/Sony/Samsung/Sharp/Lg product.

1) If you use a computer, it is either Windows or Apple (or sometimes Linux).
- Bill Gates, the founder of Windows, is an agnostic
- Steve Jobs, the late CEO of Apple, is a Zen Buddhist
- Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds, who are big names when it comes to Linux, are atheists.

2)If you have drive a honda or toyota, which are the some of most common cars in Nigeria (especially Toyota)
- Toyota and Honda are both Japanese companies; Japan is a country in which most of its citizens (64%) do not believe in God.

3)If you use a Samsung/Toshiba/Sony/Sharp/LG television;
- Samsung/Toshiba/Sony/Sharp/LG are all products of countries in which majority of the population do not believe in God (South Korea and Japan)

The question is if we use so many products made by atheists/agnostics in our personal lives, what right do we have to say that they are going to hell?

The other question is why does religion especially Christianity and Islam contribute less to the solutions of human problems of today in terms of technology, science and better government compared to atheism and agnosticism? (most peaceful countries are less religious)

3 Likes

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Miroslavklose: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
logicboy: Are you reading this? If yes, then you are using a computer.
Are you a Nigerian and do you drive? If yes, then there is a more than 50% chance you drive or have driven a Toyota/Honda
Do you watch TV? If yes, then you probably use a Toshiba/Sony/Samsung/Sharp/Lg product.

- Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds, who are big names when it comes to Linux, are atheists.

2)If you have drive a honda or toyota, which are the some of most common cars in Nigeria (especially Toyota)
- Toyota and Honda are both Japanese companies; Japan is a country in which most of its citizens (64%) do not believe in God.

- Samsung/Toshiba/Sony/Sharp/LG are all products of countries in which majority of the population do not believe in God (South Korea and Japan)

The question is if we use so many products made by atheists/agnostics in our personal lives, what right do we have to say that they are going to hell?

The other question is why does religion especially Christianity and Islam contribute less to the solutions of human problems of today in terms of technology, science and better government compared to atheism and agnosticism? (most peaceful countries are less religious)

yet atheists has a very small population in the world despite 'contributing so much' solutions to human problems, with God believers out numbering the non believers. what an irony

3 Likes

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 3:28pm On Apr 06, 2012
Miroslav klose: yet atheists has a very small population in the world despite 'contributing so much' solutions to human problems, with God believers out numbering the non believers. what an irony

True talk
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2012
Furthermore, it's funny when religious people call atheists fools but use the atheist products
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2012
For the facebook users, Mark Zuckerberg is an atheist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Gerrard59(m): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
@Logicboy-Mark zuckerberg is a jew and not an atheist.
WHAT about the US fed chair? He's a jew too. What about ford,GM-are they not american compaines? America is highly religious and developed. Btw,wat's wrong in buhddaism? Dat's a religion 4 God sake nd china being the major country dat pratise it is fast developing. So?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2012
Zuckerberg is a Jew by race/birth but he is an atheist

Buddhism doesn't hold a belief in a personal God which even suits me as an atheist but still, I dont believe in any religion
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 8:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gerrard59: @Logicboy-Mark zuckerberg is a jew and not an atheist.
WHAT about the US fed chair? He's a jew too. What about ford,GM-are they not american compaines? America is highly religious and developed. Btw,wat's wrong in buhddaism? Dat's a religion 4 God sake nd china being the major country dat pratise it is fast developing. So?

Zuckerberg is a Jew by race/birth but he is an atheist

Buddhism doesn't hold a belief in a personal God.

America is highly developed and religious, no doubt. But is America a peaceful country compared to other countries? USA ranks in 82nd, Japan 3rd.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings

Furthermore, America is experiencing a growth in Atheism.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by buzugee(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
DOUBLE POST
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by buzugee(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2012
logicboy: Are you reading this? If yes, then you are using a computer.

YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. JUST BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LABEL THEMSELVES BY MAN MADE TAGS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE. IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOUR SURNAME AND THEN GO ON TO PRODUCE A TV, DOES THE FACT THAT YOU MADE THE TV UNDER A DIFFERENT SURNAME MEAN YOU WERE NOT FROM YOUR DAD ? ALL THOSE THINGS (ZEN BUDDHISM, ATHEISTS ETC ETC ) ARE JUST TAGS. THEY ARE LABELS PEOPLE PUT ON THEMSELVES TO ASSUME AN AIR OF SPIRITUAL IMPORTANCE.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2012
buzugee: YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED. JUST BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LABEL THEMSELVES BY MAN MADE TAGS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE. IF YOU DECIDE TO CHANGE YOUR SURNAME AND THEN GO ON TO PRODUCE A TV, DOES THE FACT THAT YOU MADE THE TV UNDER A DIFFERENT SURNAME MEAN YOU WERE NOT FROM YOUR DAD ? ALL THOSE THINGS (ZEN BUDDHISM, ATHEISTS ETC ETC ) ARE JUST TAGS. THEY ARE LABELS PEOPLE PUT ON THEMSELVES TO ASSUME AN AIR OF SPIRITUAL IMPORTANCE.

??

Then your Christianity is is just a label as well. Think about that.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by buzugee(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
logicboy:

??

Then your Christianity is is just a label as well. Think about that.
christianity is a label too. you are very right. i am not a christian. we are all human beings. period. whomever brings anything to the table did not do it because of some percieved superficial tags as you have divulged. thats just absolutely preposterous and nonsensical

1 Like

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2012
buzugee: christianity is a label too. you are very right. i am not a christian. we are all human beings. period. whomever brings anything to the table did not do it because of some percieved superficial tags as you have divulged. thats just absolutely preposterous and nonsensical

Sorry, I thought that you were a christian because I saw you on another topic explaining something with the bible.
Your argument favours an atheistic view. You seem to focus on our humanity in the sense that there is capacity to do good irrespective of religion or labels
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by mkmyers45(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gerrard59: @Logicboy-Mark zuckerberg is a jew and not an atheist.
Mark Z is an Atheist
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2012
mkmyers45: Mark Z is an Atheist

I've already corrected him. Oya, answer my question grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 07, 2012
D reason u av these gadgets is so that u can spread d gospel wid dem. Via d Toyota on missionary purpose, l.g with gospel PRogramS, windows with cyber ministry, etc.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2012
rhema4u: D reason u av these gadgets is so that u can spread d gospel wid dem. Via d Toyota on missionary purpose, l.g with gospel PRogramS, windows with cyber ministry, etc.

You haven't heard? The one true religion; Gadgetology angry
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2012
God is an atheist.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Heathen(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2012
Jenwitemi: God is an atheist.
lol, true talk. I don't think god believe's in any god.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Gerrard59(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2012
OK LogicBoy,agreed Mark is an atheist,even china,singapore,Hong kong e.t.c are either secular,agonostic or atheistic. But i think what Africa needs is secularity and not atheistism. Look @ Brazil today,mexico,india-these are religious countries and are doing well economically. Agree that countries that are less religious are more peaceful than their opposite. But in terms of crime,Britain is secular or atheistic but the crime rate is high,same for suicide rates high in south korea,taiwan and their baba japan.
Am a secularist{cant remember when last i went to church}, but i firmly beleive that there is a GOD in this world. Tell me how can all the wonders in the world would just form like that? Abi you be APE?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 11:29am On Apr 07, 2012
Gerrard59: OK LogicBoy,agreed Mark is an atheist,even china,singapore,Hong kong e.t.c are either secular,agonostic or atheistic. But i think what Africa needs is secularity and not atheistism. Look @ Brazil today,mexico,india-these are religious countries and are doing well economically. Agree that countries that are less religious are more peaceful than their opposite. But in terms of crime,Britain is secular or atheistic but the crime rate is high,same for suicide rates high in south korea,taiwan and their baba japan.
Am a secularist{cant remember when last i went to church}, but i firmly beleive that there is a GOD in this world. Tell me how can all the wonders in the world would just form like that? Abi you be APE?

1) Japan is more peaceful than Britain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index#Global_Peace_Index_rankings
2) Africa needs atheism. Atheism solves the problem at once- no belief in spiritual world therefore no burning of witches, no superstitions and a focus on science and humanity.
3) Yeah, how does rain fall? Before there was science, people would say that rain came from heaven. The point is that just because we do not know where something came from, we shouldnt just assume that it came from God
4)Brazil and Mexico are known for gang violence. Brazil is one of the emerging economies but unlike more developed economies the poverty in Brazil is massive
http://kadmiels.hubpages.com/hub/Poverty-in-Brazil

However, I am happy that you're a secular person grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
Waoh, atheism is solution all our problems then, except that atheists usually commit suicide, are sinners like other sinners, also lose, fail, experience agonizing deaths, live in poverty, get sick, etc. Atheists and their evangelisms, my religion is better than yours show.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Image123: Waoh, atheism is solution all our problems then, except that atheists usually commit suicide, are sinners like other sinners, also lose, fail, experience agonizing deaths, live in poverty, get sick, etc. Atheists and their evangelisms, my religion is better than yours show.

Wow...keep lying.

1) Atheists usually commit suicide? Have you any scientific study to show that atheists are more suicide prone than religious people?
2) Atheism is not a religion
3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist?
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by LogicMind: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
he's hiding
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 3:03pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind: he's hiding

Is he afraid of Logic? grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by LogicMind: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
logicboy:

Is he afraid of Logic? grin

i think that's one word he wished he hadn't created.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

i think that's one word he wished he hadn't created.

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
logicboy:

Wow...keep lying.

1) Atheists usually commit suicide? Have you any scientific study to show that atheists are more suicide prone than religious people?
2) Atheism is not a religion
3) What is your religion if you are not an atheist?
Not surprisingly, you lack much comprehension power. Your mind has been blinded.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 6:52am On Apr 08, 2012
Image123:
Not surprisingly, you lack much comprehension power. Your mind has been blinded.

This, coming from someone who failed to answer my 2 easy questions? grin
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2012
Miroslav klose: yet atheists has a very small population in the world despite 'contributing so much' solutions to human problems, with God believers out numbering the non believers. what an irony

Go do your research, the fastest growing belief in the world is Atheism.
Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2012
The answer is very simple and it goes like this,

'Give a man fish, you feed him for a day,
Teach him how to catch fish, he will feed himself for a life-time
Give him religion, he will starve to death while praying for fish.

8 Likes

Re: Where Is God In Our Everyday Lives? by logicboy: 8:18am On Apr 08, 2012
991:
The answer is very simple and it goes like this,

'Give a man fish, you feed him for a day,
Teach him how to catch fish, he will feed himself for a life-time
Give him religion, he will starve to death while praying for fish.

grin grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bimbo Odukoya: Report On Obadare, A Fabrication – Cac Pastor / Do You Force Your Children To Go To Church ? / Who Is This Allah (chapter 1) By G.J.O MOSHAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.