Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:52 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109906 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by cashmentor(m): 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2012
This Noon, took 2 Cups of Moi Moi + Garri + Honey and a lil Milk.... Wow! I slept and saw myself in Aso Rock with Obj...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
Garri does NOT cause blindness,it contains cyanide but its so minute to cause that amount of damage to the eyes. And for those saying its poverty I bet ur richer than obasanjo,because with the relish at which he was drinking garri while chatting with Rochas,then he must be very poor

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Gaiden k: Garri does NOT cause blindness,it contains cyanide but its so minute to cause that amount of damage to the eyes. And for those saying its poverty I bet ur richer than,because with the relish at which he was drinking garri while chatting with Rochas,then he must be very poor

Stop believing those publiciity stunts by obj and so other rich men that drink garri.they prolly drink it once in a decade ! cheesy
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Biggiestep(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Someone once advised me that dried garri stops runnin stomach and it stop... My God is dat not a health benefit!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Stop believing those publiciity stunts by obj and so other rich men that drink garri.they prolly drink it once in a decade ! cheesy
But shey e drink am?? Ok let's just say it was garrium oats.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by coolguy2002: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
gari is cocaine. is the number one killer in the world
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Gaiden k:
But shey e drink am?? Ok let's just say it was garrium oats.

I wont encourage it for the ordinary man that takes it daily.Garri has been linked to Lassa fever if you dont know. tongue
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Exponental(m): 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
Life is incomplete without it!
(Its actually my favorite meal).
Ijebu Garri + cold/chill water/ice cubes + sugar= satisfaction.
I can take it 3tyms a day but it must be ijebu garri ooo.
Im sure angels drink garri too.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
sexkillz: Which one be health benefit of soaking garri again? E pass the lives wey im done save? grin

Health benefit of garri drinking = It saves lives! cheesy

wicked 2ruth grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by fasbio(m): 7:03pm On Apr 27, 2012
up gari na my best food i was in London and i drink gari once in a wai

gari is good but i use milk and grand nut
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
Dirac: None na sign of poverty
go Google OBJ soaking garri, then come back here & modify ur unintelligent post.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by cashmentor(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wont encourage it for the ordinary man that takes it daily.Garri has been linked to Lassa fever if you dont know. tongue
don't be suprised that Gej didn't just have no Shoes! He could have equally had no other food to eat, other than Garri! Garri is One reason Most Nigerians/Students are still breathing....try visiting a Hostel or take a bike around areas habited by the Poorest of the Poor!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by valdubem(m): 7:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
garri+water+suger+milk= vitamin X grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by glimpse(f): 7:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
kilimanjaro: Lol @ topic. Wel, i don't know O! But one thing i know is - na poverty go make man say garri good for body.
shocked

u neva c d video of OBJ drinking garri? My guy na poverty u go cal dat 1?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nasri100(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
undecided OP It is Cassava Flakes and not garri!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Zi: 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
I don't drink garri because of its health benefits. I drink garri because of its satisfactory values. Same as Kpomo.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bighead1(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2012
Argh see me oh. Na those wey dey debase Garrium Sulphate no appreciate d works of God oh,
I knw a recent graduate who lived with me that has very little money him Gari bails him out every time. So what are we saying here.
Even me self don join the league.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Fynist(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2012
G4=Garrium Sulphate for life jor.Go blind if you wanna.all your Blind theaories are shite.na wa ooo
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bighead1(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
Argh see me oh. Na those wey dey debase Garrium Sulphate no appreciate d works of God oh,
I knw a recent graduate who lived with me that has very little money him Gari bails him out every time. So what are we saying here.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Emperor5c(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
If try drinkin ijebu garri..hmm! ur lyf ‘ill neva remain d same.
I cn‘t imagine goin bck 2 skol wifout ijebu garri
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Wey my guys? grin Blackboi, how far? grin

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Nasri100: undecided [size=17pt]OP It is Cassava Flakes and not garri!!!!!![/size]
My o My. . . grin grin grin grin

Anyone with a contrary opinion? I want to shoot you. grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by member479760: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
Gari is a food to some 500 million people.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by acidtalk: 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
kilimanjaro: Lol @ topic. Wel, i don't know O! But one thing i know is - na poverty go make man say garri good for body.

Which kin mentality you get?

I always have in large quantities; Yam, Rice, Beans, Noodles, Corned Beef, milo, milk, coffee, Golden morn, Quaker Oat, sardine, egg, soups in the freezer, soft drink, juice, cake, biscuits. Just name it. The only thing that actually gladens my heart anyday, anytime of the day is my drinking of garri.

As I am talking to you, my milo, milk, coffee and Godenmorn might have gotten stale because I don't think I have touched them in over 3months.

Garri even though I won't say has been my best food, but it has been to most taken in my system. I also take garri as early in the morning before going to work and I feel cool with my self.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by FRANCISEKE1(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2012
Most garri don't have complete fermentation,the only health hazard is the pressence of a chemical called cynide.but the well fermentated,has ability to induce a food pathway.

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2012
moha00nine: How wont 90% students wont fail waec & neco..
Topic is 'BENEFITS' (Advantages, positives, goods derived) of garri. Almost all but 2 read and understood before contributing.
coolguy2002: gari is cocaine. is the number one killer in the world
Will you two sharrap?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by kaze4blues(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2012
Gari na my fud frm infant til nw. Na ulcer wan mak me stop am
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
kilimanjaro:
dem swear for u? What does ignorant got to do with what i stated? Na wa o.
be civil pal
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by jmoore(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2012
There is nothing wrong with Garri if processed well

Garri is a substitute for those cereal products used for breakfast.

If Oyibo starts to package it very well, some ladies will start updating their status on social networks like "chilling with a bowl of Garri"

Garri+milk+groundnut= fantastic

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
kokoye: All of you saying garri + ice cubes. Whatever happened to garri + powdered milk + cripsy roasted groudnuts??

I'm a fan for life wink

Maybe no health benefits but the thing dey sweet . . like stew-soaked ponmo!!
lmfao!@ '...i'm a fan for life'
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Havilah93(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2012
yeah well......, who gives a damn about health benefits undecided as long as i get my satisfaction. Gaari na life saver. Imagine coming home from work/school, very tired, food not ready, starved to shit, and you see this bowl of gari, lucky to have milk, or even sugar or kuli...... Wont you thank God?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
Lagusta: Garri affecting eyesight;
well, it depends on the garri processed. Cassava contains cyanide (u all know that anyway), which is a nephrotoxin and neurotoxin i.e it damages d kidneys and nerves. Therefore it affects eyesight.
The best garri to drink is IJEBU GARRI, cos it contains minimal to zero cyanide. If u wanna kno the original, then know these facts:
1) Garri that is tasteless is poison, only the sour variety is original
2) If u pour garri inside water, it must foam up, at least a bit. If not, throw it away
3) lastly, garri must swell up in water, if it just swims in it, drown it in the gutter.

So,garri is good, but i dont like mine with milk. Peanuts will dowink

Garriology 101! I wan die for laugh. @op you too try

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.