Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109905 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by ndigbo: 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Back in the days @ the University Oh! My most precious cassa flakes! I drink garri like say 2mao nor day and i still dey drink am, jus name the combination, i drink am! @ topic, i don't think any health issue(s) arise from constant intake of G sulphate. My opinion sha!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by alameenLM(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2012
I dunno if its got any health benefits but its very motivational and Its a blessing in itself.I LOVE GARRI
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
sexkillz: Wey my guys? grin Blackboi, how far? grin
cheesy i dey o! TGIF! I dey feel u my guy8)
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by blackboi(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I wont encourage it for the ordinary man that takes it daily.Garri has been linked to Lassa fever if you dont know. tongue
grin see ur straight white teeth gringrin like rat wey dey cos *Lassa fever* cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
Back in the days a friend was so broke and hungry that he drank a big bowl of garri WITHOUT SUGAR, MILK & Groundnut(A1). He ate 1 RED PEPPER to ginger his mouth then pounced on the g4. It was LEGENGARY. G4 is a life-saver. QED
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by lepasharon(f): 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2012
for anemic people,garri contains folate i think
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by anochuks08(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Prove it! grin grin If i had N1 (1 Naira) for every time i heard that this convoluted myth, I would be richer than Otedola by now. grin
I have soaked Garri since Nursery School up to MBA level. and I still do when supper is not ready. I should be blind (and dead) by now.
The main cause of the eye problem is soaking without milk. when i was in secondary school, i do soak garri morning and night, at times in class, everything would turn black, at times e go be like TV way no get station and will last 3 to 5 minutes before it clears off. i was advised not to take garri too much and to soak with Milk whenever i soak. it stopped later when i minimized soaking garri
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by warrior101: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2012
kokoye: All of you saying garri + ice cubes. Whatever happened to garri + powdered milk + cripsy roasted groudnuts??

I'm a fan for life wink

Maybe no health benefits but the thing dey sweet . . like stew-soaked ponmo!!

i like it with grandnut/peanut and sugar and cold water no milk... if i wan to use milk then no need grandnut... garri itself should be under carbonhydrates/glucose~ na it we take dey make eba and eba(some) dey get starch
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2012
Chronicles of Garri!!! My coz Erique did cannabis and came home so HIGH & HUNGRY with no cooked food to help himself to, he drank quite an amount of Garri and he felt Satisfied and Sober. Moral lesson : Garri steps down your HIGH!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by dubem3(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem: As a poster rightly said, Garri may cause one to lose his/her eyesight. Cassava itself contains cyanide which is a poison itself, that is why we dry and fry grinned cassava to remove the poison.

Garri can be categorise into 2

1. White garri- the garri is white in colour as the name implies. The only benefit as that it contain fibre and also contains huge amount of carbohydrates.

2. Yellow garri - It is yellow in colour and benefits include carbohydrates, vitamin A (good for eyesight), fibre and vitamin C. The extra vitamins comes from the fact that the garri (crushed dry cassava) has been fried with palm oil instead of vegetable oil.

Again Garri is very good but don't eat it too much (3 times a day everyday is excessive).

Although the best garri is Ijebu garri because of the zero cyanide contain (but also very acidic)

wallahi,alahaji i no know say you even sabi book oh
i think say na only tribal bashing u sabi

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by muyoto: 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
chaoi! if not for garri, many of us for waste for secondary school. grin grin grin

THANK GOD FOR GARRI!!!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
A well fortified garri with chilled water, sugar and milk is a good home made treatment for diarrhea .Don't add milk if you are suffering from lactose intolerance. Groundnut will be a better replacement for milk in that case.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by warrior101: 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
alj harem: As a poster rightly said, Garri may cause one to lose his/her eyesight. Cassava itself contains cyanide which is a poison itself, that is why we dry and fry grinned cassava to remove the poison.

Garri can be categorise into 2

1. White garri- the garri is white in colour as the name implies. The only benefit as that it contain fibre and also contains huge amount of carbohydrates.

2. Yellow garri - It is yellow in colour and benefits include carbohydrates, vitamin A (good for eyesight), fibre and vitamin C. The extra vitamins comes from the fact that the garri (crushed dry cassava) has been fried with palm oil instead of vegetable oil.

Again Garri is very good but don't eat it too much (3 times a day everyday is excessive).

Although the best garri is Ijebu garri because of the zero cyanide contain (but also very acidic)

most of african foods are poison but we eat em ... egusi also contains enough fatty acid (i think) or so which is not so good for the bood..
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by brightsparks(m): 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
moha00nine: How wont 90% students wont fail waec & neco..
Topic is 'BENEFITS' (Advantages, positives, goods derived) of garri. Almost all but 2 read and understood before contributing.
see person wey pass waec/neco, shey na english u dey write so, mtcheeeeeew, wonders shall never end:/
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Ninilowo(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
If garri affects the eyes adversely, then close one eye when wacking nah just in case so that u can use the other eye to see.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by hrhobi1(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
TRY AUCHI GROUND-NUT WITH GARRI AND COLD WATER, ADD A LIKKU SUGAR, YOU GO FORGET YOUR NAME.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Yeske2(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2012
Never liked garri in any form, always prefer akpu. You guys need to step up abeg.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by JojoArmani(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
JAZES:

Oga Okija, that your uncle must dey inside guinness book of record oo
for drinking 1bag of Garri in one week. grin grin grin
hahahahahahahahahhahahaha I cant stop laughing. No be small tin o o his uncle really need to be in guinness book of record for finishin one bag of garri a week. Which kind betting be dis one. Una no go kill me
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Ninilowo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2012
brightsparks:
see person wey pass waec/neco, shey na english u dey write so, mtcheeeeeew, wonders shall never end:/
O ya mi lenu

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by coolguy2002: 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
lols
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
Health benefit of "soaking" garri? Well how about an incremental deterioration of one's eyesight. That one easily comes to mind. I guess some people would consider poor eyesight a 'benefit' - given that it reduces their ability to see evil.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Tos87(m): 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2012
it quenches stavation lollllll AKA Hunger
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by dubem3(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Stop believing those publiciity stunts by obj and so other rich men that drink garri.they prolly drink it once in a decade ! cheesy
but they drink it?
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Maxdiamond(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2012
Guys garri no b fud o.na wetin pple dey make eba bt no b 4 drink..na poverty they make peopel drink and them wo they hapi they call am enjoyment...wen i was a student,after i flex ma feeding money,i drank garri 4 gud 2weeks witout anyoda fud.men,no bi small tin o.i cum dey thin n strength i no get,read,i no fit assiminate.na so i thin lyk broom.bt all ma frnd think say na reading cause am bt them no kw say na garri..Abeg nairalander pals,no nutrient,or any benefit 4 drinking garri..Avoid it.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by joelala(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2012
hmmmm i'm a super fan GARIUM 2 OXIDE...when the sun is blazing and the whole weather is freaking hot, wat u need is Garri Ijebu ft ice chilled water in collabo with sugar and groundnut..omg! theres nuffin like it....as per health benefit, well garri is carbohydrate base and thus gives energy, but the ground nuts wow! multi vitamins and minerals...so if you take garri wth lots of ground nuts daily, trust me ur health is safe. wink
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by souleymon(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
Do u know that drinking Gari before sex prevents quick ejaculation

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
that's a new one.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Montalo(m): 10:51pm On Apr 27, 2012
mikron: I dont know o @ poster. Some people say lose of sight but i knw those are all lies. I dey drink garri wella and i dey enjoy am wella. Garri+ iced water+sugar+milk. Nothing like it. Mmmmmmmmmmmwwwwaaaaaaa
bro u sabi book jor.!!!.I lyk am wela wen i cari coconut join am..Boy o boy! Na heavenly taste o!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nasri100(m): 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
sexkillz:
My o My. . . grin grin grin grin

Anyone with a contrary opinion? I want to shoot you. grin grin grin

umm well sex killz so go ahead
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by godello: 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
Na my garri aka G4 una d talk like dis,if una wan no d importance ask Edo person frm Isako.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by dubem3(m): 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
souleymon: Do u know that drinking Gari before sex prevents quick ejaculation
tell me
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by deloon(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros cool down!!

Na so my uncle follow one guy bet untop the matter drink 1 bag of garri finish in under one week, now my uncle don blind pass stephen wonder. No dey use you eye play o!! Me sef my one eye now don dey shake ontop this garri matter.. . .
Ur uncle na very foolish man...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.