Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (109908 Views)

Assorted Soaking Garri (must-see Picture) / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by rockafela(m): 4:00pm On May 11, 2012
Even if bill gate becomes my houseboy, if I get money pass everybdy in d world...Garri I must still soak u...
As far as am concern GARRI IS NAIJA SEXIEST FOOD
Can βε̲̣̣̣̥ prepared in less than a minute
I even have a video of Nigeria Ex president Obj when he was drinking garri @ the presidential villa..

Those that says garri dey blind eyes ...think well wetin u use ur eye do for village!
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2012
yeah, i guess that is the garri mentality for you wink grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by taitee(f): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2012
dis may not be a healt benfit bu..i scl in mayflower school ikenne ogun state for a while and as boarders, our thursday afternoon meal was GARRI+SUGAR+FRIED FISH. "garrisugareja" n dis was a secondary schl owned by tai solarin which had looots of plantations..name it.. pepper plantation, banana, palm kernel, plantain, fruits, piggery, poultry,bakery... toomuch. food was in gooooood supply n we ate balanced meals. so if dey cud include a meal like dat in d food timetable den garri cannot jus be so bad for d healt. chek out how day students used to rush on thursday pretend as boarders all for garri. so soak on...jus kip it balanced after all even over drinkin water could lead to overhydration n death so evrytin has its gud n bad sides. jus balance it. ...i miss garri oh...!!!! smiley wink
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Adewaledaniel: 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2012
Garri is good for health! What of Ijebu pple, they drink garri every afternoon with fryed fish. Most of them are academic briliant nd dey did nt loss sight neither die.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:29am On Jun 25, 2012
ha, ha, ha! that's something isn't it? grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2012
Adewaledaniel: Garri is good for health! What of Ijebu pple, they drink garri every afternoon with fryed fish. Most of them are academic briliant nd dey did nt loss sight neither die.

do they drink garri everyday? I doubt that's unique to ijebu alone though- a lot of places do that.

and are you sure its not the fish which gives the effects you just mentioned.

eating some types of fish is thought to boost intelligence.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by tpia5: 6:29am On Oct 05, 2012
hrhobi1: TRY AUCHI GROUND-NUT WITH GARRI AND COLD WATER, ADD A LIKKU SUGAR, YOU GO FORGET YOUR NAME.

is that so.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
see as unu dey make noise hia wey men wey invent d stuff, even christen am "G4" nefa comment put 4 d matta! Unu don even drink d one wey carry NAFDAC numba sef? grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nicepoker(m): 4:56am On Mar 22, 2013
Lol
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by chinkelly(m): 6:39am On Apr 07, 2013
alj harem: As a poster rightly said, Garri may cause one to lose his/her eyesight. Cassava itself contains cyanide which is a poison itself, that is why we dry and fry grinned cassava to remove the poison.

Garri can be categorise into 2

1. White garri- the garri is white in colour as the name implies. The only benefit as that it contain fibre and also contains huge amount of carbohydrates.

2. Yellow garri - It is yellow in colour and benefits include carbohydrates, vitamin A (good for eyesight), fibre and vitamin C. The extra vitamins comes from the fact that the garri (crushed dry cassava) has been fried with palm oil instead of vegetable oil.

Again Garri is very good but don't eat it too much (3 times a day everyday is excessive).

Although the best garri is Ijebu garri because of the zero cyanide contain (but also very acidic)
All through the thread this is the only person that has given a reasonable answer 2 the question.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by bakila: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
I. Drank garri for eleven days in the university during the abacha_Nupeng- general strike, thats one health benefit of garri, saving lives.
What the Garri Soak did to me is priceless. I have one of the best eyes now among my collegues. No glasses no complaint.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2013
C
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Nten: 7:03am On May 24, 2013
kilimanjaro:
dem swear for u? What does ignorant got to do with what i stated? Na wa o.
ignorama sori ignoramus because u said poverty is the basis for drinking garri.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:10pm On May 24, 2013
bakila: I. Drank garri for eleven days in the university during the abacha_Nupeng- general strike, thats one health benefit of garri, saving lives.
What the Garri Soak did to me is priceless. I have one of the best eyes now among my collegues. No glasses no complaint.
Guy u break my rekord, abeg. Nuff respekt! grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On May 24, 2013
Michael Sokoto:
Guy u break my rekord, abeg. Nuff respekt! grin

Lol
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Cherry777: 11:58am On May 30, 2013
Hi, have you seen this new forum for women? Now they started a contest - you can share your tips how to loose weight and the author of the healthiest tipp will win 100$. Great motivationsmiley

You`ll find this contest here>>> http://women.ng/index.php
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by brighter1: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2014
Garri is just for cleansing immediate hunger o and making someone to be urinate constantly.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2014
lagerwhenindoubt:

Prove it! grin grin If i had N1 (1 Naira) for every time i heard that this convoluted myth, I would be richer than Otedola by now. grin
I have soaked Garri since Nursery School up to MBA level. and I still do when supper is not ready. I should be blind (and dead) by now.

Time still dey nah. grin
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by world1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by sisiafrika(f): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2015
FRANCISEKE1:
Most garri don't have complete fermentation,the only health hazard is the pressence of a chemical called cynide.but the well fermentated,has ability to induce a food pathway.
pls elaborate on this. Thanks
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by sisiafrika(f): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2015
kaze4blues:
Gari na my fud frm infant til nw. Na ulcer wan mak me stop am
ulceration is part of garri's side effects.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by adatemi: 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Drinking Gari does not dictate people's status. It's for both the rich & the poor. My daughter loves Gari, she's Nigerian-American. I drink Gari Jebu once in awhile because I have to save the one we have @ home for her since we don't live in Nigeria. She doesn't drink it, she prefers to eat it. There are Ghanian Gari which is nothing compared to ijebu Gari.
Re: What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? by stellytwinkle(f): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2018
Hi, my name is Stella and I am the CEO of 1000 by 200 initiative.
1000 for 200 initiative is a platform aimed at empowering all at a very little cost.
So, for #1,000, you would get to learn 200 recipes and ideas! Amazing, isn't it?
Learning would take place in the following forms:
1. Audios
2. Visuals ( pictures )
3. Audio - Visuals ( videos ).
Experts would take you on a one - on - one training.
These recipes and ideas are divided into the following categories:
Category 1: SNACKS - 25 Items
Category 2: SOUPS - 25 items
Category 3: DRINKS - 20 items
Category 4: ICE CREAM - 20 items
Category 5:CAKES - 20 items
Category 6: SMOOTHIES - 20 items
Category 7: DISHES - 20 items
Category 8: RESTAURANT DELICACIES - 10 items
Category 9: HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS - 10 items
Category 10: WIG MAKING - 10 items
Category 11: BEAD MAKING - 10 items
Category 12: EXTRAS - 10 items
These items sums up to 200.
Training would be on for 3 weeks.
Price: #1000
Date : August 7th - August 27th
Time : 3pm - 5pm daily
Venue: WhatsApp
Interested persons should pay the sum of #1,000 to this account:
Account no: 0214302005
Bank name: GTBank
Account name: Ukpabio Stella
After payment, send in your name, phone number and proof of payment to 08183615538. After confirmation, you would be automatically added to the group.
Details of items to be learnt would be made available to you on the platform once payment has been made.
Don't miss this opportunity!!!
1000 for 200 initiative - Changing lives

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Will Think Twice About Eating Suya Meat After Seeing This'. Photos / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.