Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 (2261 Views)

Pilgrim1 Is Still On Nairaland / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2007
Seun, I hope you do this,

for catholics
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2007
smile4kenn:

Seun, I hope you do this,

for catholics

You don't have to over-react. Talk to me - if I'm not mistaken, was it you I once asked to not let issues put you off? grin

If I apologise (as I've done before when you considered leaving naiaralnd), I'm doing it for the very same reason. If my apology gets you miffed, please let me know, and I'll withdraw it.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2007
wetin person no go see
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by ricadelide(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2007
Em, smile smiley
on what basis are you making such a demand? Do you ban people for having a different viewpoint - or for expressing their different viewpoint(s)?
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by mrpataki(m): 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2007
Now this is outright display of cowardice, I can ever see on the forum. There was a time I was looking for a particular topic, and when I searched for it on google, the only relevant details I could get online was from nairaland, through pilgrim.1's postings.

If her postings offend, you have the right not to read them! Calling for a ban, when pertinent issues have been raised, suggests, there is something cynical about your religion that should not be shown for the whole world to see.

Furthermore, pray tell me, where is it exemplified in the bible, that those who reveal secrets about the Catholic cult should be banned?
Is that a godly virtue? Would the pope have done so too?
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2007
Surprisingly, after having apologised as "popularly demanded" of me from many emailers this evening, I realized the a good number of them who wrote in (except two who are of the Grail Message) were actually of Catholic background! grin

I don't regret apologizing, trust me: rather, as I sometimes have used mass-emailing, it was not possible for me to calm the nerves of most of them; but at least, I indeed lived up to my promise to them. And wonders of wonders - the emails ceased as suddenly as they came!

Only two others, however, said similar things as expressed by mrpataki! Infact, one had tried pressurzing me to post the other "evidence" of the Popes' declarations of WORSHIPPING Mary. . .lol. Nope - I usually take my time.

I'm glad all the same that others could weigh in on the present concern. Perhaps I go dey apologise till I run out of apologies to supply! grin

Cheers all.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Infourmer: 9:56pm On Nov 03, 2007
Funny thread grin
why do you want seun to bann pilgrim?
Seun dont O
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 6:49am On Nov 04, 2007
mrpataki:

Now this is outright display of cowardice, I can ever see on the forum. There was a time I was looking for a particular topic, and when I searched for it on google, the only relevant details I could get online was from nairaland, through pilgrim.1's postings.

If her postings offend, you have the right not to read them! Calling for a ban, when pertinent issues have been raised, suggests, there is something cynical about your religion that should not be shown for the whole world to see.

Furthermore, pray tell me, where is it exemplified in the bible, that those who reveal secrets about the Catholic cult should be banned?
Is that a godly virtue? Would the pope have done so too?

I think you lack the ability to know whats good and whats right. I am a journalist to be. I have been studying journalism for 3 years now and i was taught never to insult other people's religion or feelings. i was taught never to write what am not sure of or never seen before. Now in Nairaland, i can see munprofessional criticizing of nairaland. while growing up, i sued to be very religious and so, but later am no more religious, i do follow my friends to mosque, to hindu temple and to other churches. i dont criticize. i always ask god for the grace to follow the good path and forgiveness.

But while must you criticize catholic church, if you dont like catholic's way of worship, then dont criticize because there are faithfuls you need to respect their feelings. have u heard of religious crisis?

Well seun, i still stand on my plead to bann pilgrim1, but if she has apologized, thats not enough because she has to send a personal apology to the hundreds of million catholic faithfuls worldwide, lol,

anyway, pilgrim, i like ur kind of person, lol
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by fire4fire: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2007
Mr man,smile4kenn or whatever you call yourself !!!!, will you stop that nonsense? If you feel he is being misinformed,why dont you try to enlighten him and others about the Catholic faith instead of calling for him to be banned.Since when has freedom of speech become an offence?

Be warned!!!!!!!
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2007
@fire4fire,

What right do you have to warn me?

If u no careful, that fire,
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2007
smile4kenn:

@fire4fire,

What right do you have to warn me?

If u no careful, that fire,

What right do you have to advocate Pilgrim.1's ban?
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by mrpataki(m): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2007
smile4kenn:

I think you lack the ability to know whats good and whats right. I am a journalist to be. I have been studying journalism for 3 years now and i was taught never to insult other people's religion or feelings. i was taught never to write what am not sure of or never seen before. Now in Nairaland, i can see munprofessional criticizing of nairaland. while growing up, i sued to be very religious and so, but later am no more religious, i do follow my friends to mosque, to hindu temple and to other churches. i don't criticize. i always ask god for the grace to follow the good path and forgiveness.

But while must you criticize catholic church, if you don't like catholic's way of worship, then don't criticize because there are faithfuls you need to respect their feelings. have u heard of religious crisis?

Well seun, i still stand on my plead to bann pilgrim1, but if she has apologized, thats not enough because she has to send a personal apology to the hundreds of million catholic faithfuls worldwide, lol,

anyway, pilgrim, i like your kind of person, lol

Thanks for sharing your profile. I would rather tell you to finish your course on journalism, then you can begin to distribute sensible posts. At the moment, I do not see that in your postings.

3years into studying journalism, and you are yet to learn of freedom of Speech? I guess you start reading bottomline of The Sun newspaper from Louis Odion, and learn what true journalism is!

Pilgrim.1 or any other individual has a right to voice out what he/she feels wrong about the catholic church and any other religion it maybe. Even from the pentecostal churches as well! You are under the obligation to ignore her posts or give your rebuttals against it!
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Wordsmith(m): 6:39am On Nov 05, 2007
wetin man pikin no go see for dis Nairaland. . .

Screw your ban (i'm not even going to mention your name, it's not worth it).
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2007
Lol. . . well, what can pilgrim.1 really say? grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by efuah(f): 11:42am On Nov 05, 2007
i can't laugh sef grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Carlosein(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2007
my dear brother, smile4kenn,

i dare to put out my neck to say that you may have your reasons for calling for a ban

on pilgrim.1, but please do not say it's for the sake of the catholic religion.

in doing this, you portray catholics in a bad light and (unfortunately) this is just your opinion which

you have voiced, just as others voiced (and continue to voice) theirs concerning the "catholic cult".

the main reason i decided to post here at all is that often times people can not distinguish between

the action of an individual from his own personal convictions, and the teachings of the catholic church/

what i mean is that soon, what you'll hear is that catholics have called for the ban of pilgrim.1

please, the catholic faith is a tolerant one, contrary to what you may have heard.

smile4kenn, please tolerate.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2007
i can see, you are all brainwashed, its a pity,

@pilgrim1, dont feel much ok?

@mrpataki

I already did an entertainment intership with MTV Asia and will be doing my next big one with National Geographic so i cant end up with Sun newspaper
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by IDINRETE: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nairaland at its best
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2007
smile4kenn:

@pilgrim1, don't feel much ok?

Okay! smiley
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by KDK(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2007
Hmmmm, DRAMA!
I dey OBSERVE.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 6:31am On Nov 06, 2007
I dont really mean, she has to be bann, but its just like a sign of warning that she is wrong with her discrimination.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Oby1(f): 8:58am On Nov 06, 2007
@Smile4kenn
Its ok, i can understand you did it out of annoyance, but we shld learn to control our annoyance, it can lead you to say what you don't want to say.

My words to you is to learn how to tolerate people.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2007
Make una leave smile4kenn. . . we understand each other! grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ Administrator,

A BAN ON PILGRIM IS A BAN ON THE RELIGION THREAD****************AND BAN ME ENITAN2002 ALONG ALSO

i love you pilgrim
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2007
i LUV EVERYONE HERE INCLUDING PILGRIM, PILGRIM I LOVE YOU IN CHRIST OK? BANN OR NO BANN WE ARE ALL FRIENDS,

@OBY1

THANKS
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by pilgrim1(f): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2007
@topic,

Maybe if I say it openly, una go listen at last:

I quite understand smile4kenn and he understands me. Actually, I wasn't offended the very day this thread was floated - and in my mind, I only laughed because I felt that was his perculiar way of teasing pilgrim.1 and tapping my shoulder to say: "Gal, just mellow - e don do you!"

Please, smile4kenn. . . if you think am wrong, correct me! smiley

Anyhow, for all of the following, I'd only say again: I love una well-well:

davidylan

mrpataki

enitan2002 (u sef. . . na power you take dey do efrytin!!) grin

Oby1

KDK

efuah

IDINRETE

Carlosein

Wordsmith

. . . and anyone else who visits this thread!

even babs787 sef!

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 5:18am On Nov 07, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy am just laughing grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by seun001(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2007
funny,
really dont like arguments based on religion but still lipsrsealed

anyways seems u guys have made up abi, am sure Seun is watching,
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by cgift(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2007
Carlosein:

[color=#006600]my dear brother, smile4kenn,

you have voiced, just as others voiced (and continue to voice) theirs concerning the "catholic cult".

Carlosein link=topic=90930.msg1651196#msg1651196 date=1194271860:

please, the catholic faith is a tolerant one, contrary to what you may have heard.

Please go and sleep. Which tolerance? Do you think they have any regrets for the Inquisition of Europe in the middle ages? It is still in your canons, your people will still likely repeat the atrocities of those days if not checked again. Lets see what becomes of your pope's parley with the custodians of Islamic religion in Saudi grin

smile4kenn, I hope you will not come to advocate the ban on pilgrim on behalf of muslims later grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by otokx(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2007
This is very interesting, Ban ke? Pilgrim 1 ride on.
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by Carlosein(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2007
cgift:

Please go and sleep. Which tolerance? Do you think they have any regrets for the Inquisition of Europe in the middle ages? It is still in your canons, your people will still likely repeat the atrocities of those days if not checked again. Lets see what becomes of your pope's parley with the custodians of Islamic religion in Saudi grin

smile4kenn, I hope you will not come to advocate the ban on pilgrim on behalf of muslims later grin

am not sure what this means
Re: Seun, Please Do Respect The Catholic Religion In Nairaland And Bann Pilgrim1 by smile4kenn(m): 4:50am On Nov 08, 2007
@cgift

What do you mean by dat?

Huh, dont let me raise a bann on you,

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Someone Is Using Your Star! / Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer / Where Is The One And Only Logicboy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.