Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,186 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? (8906 Views)

The Journey Of The Boomba Master....My Experience With A Girl From Nairaland! / This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / 11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Guapo(m): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2012
Is it wise to marry a responsible girl who happens to come from a bad home? A friend is in a dilemma on this issue. The girl has trained herself in contrast to what obtains in her family. The parents often fight, tales of unfaithfulness between both parents. Can you marry a good girl from such a home?
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2012
Please Young Warlock Mind telin' me Who gave u the Authority to bear that Username? angry angry angry
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by luckgames(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2012
Guapo: Is it wise to marry a responsible girl who happens to come from a bad home? A friend is in a dilemma on this issue. The girl has trained herself in contrast to what obtains in her family. The parents often fight, tales of unfaithfulness between both parents. Can you marry a good girl from such a home?

Apple don't fall too far from the tree
You need to be very careful
Time would tell
It is a hard call for me but talk to your mom
You know some woman act one way and change after marriage
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by adl(f): 5:43am On Apr 11, 2012
In yoruba, there is an adage that says it is better to marry a bad wife from a good family than a good wife from a bad family. This is because when situations occur, she will always turn back to the family and if they are bad, what type of advice can she get from them? But if your friend is a xtian then he can really pray and hear what God is saying.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Guapo(m): 8:35am On Apr 11, 2012
El Guapo: Please Young Warlock Mind telin' me Who gave u the Authority to bear that Username? angry angry angry
Never knew someone lyk u existed on NL wink
Nice to meet u mate smiley
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Killz1(m): 9:02am On Apr 11, 2012
Story Story. . . A good girl from a bad home on which planet? Mars?
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Guapo(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2012
Killz.:
Just say u haven't seen one before chikena!
Btw those who are familiar wit this issue av bin givin replies. sad
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Killz1(m): 11:25am On Apr 11, 2012
Guapo:
Just say u haven't seen one before chikena!
Yeah. . . Maybe because i live on earth.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2012
El Guapo: Please Young Warlock Mind telin' me Who gave u the Authority to bear that Username? angry angry angry

cheesy grin grin grin
ROTFl
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
Guapo:
Never knew someone lyk u existed on NL wink
Nice to meet u mate smiley

And Yo other thread which appear to look more like a Movie script to me had the names of the two Ladies ve dated n Loved much on NL {Lola n Yinka}! Dont tel me dat as well is a Coincidence? undecided
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by indoorlove(m): 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
El Guapo:

And Yo other thread which appear to look more like a Movie script to me had the names of the two Ladies ve dated n Loved much on NL {Lola n Yinka}! Dont tel me dat as well is a Coincidence? undecided
he might be ur soulmate....... what do u think?
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by stepo707: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
Killz.:

Offcourse its possible.I have seen such although it is not advisable to marry from your homes cos they will give you trouble and it will be war all through.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
let me guess! Hmmm username is scarce. Lol
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Jancross: 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
[/color]Tiger no dey born goat. Be careful mate.[color=]Tiger no dey born goat. Be careful mate.Tiger no dey born goat. Be careful mate.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Meristem: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
@OP dis ur question is a no-brainer. oya. answer dis one. can u get a healthy tomato from a diseased plant? Theres an igbo adage dat watever was born by a snake must have a long tail. sociologists will tell u dat to astaggering extent, d environment moulds d man. if u do not shine ur eyes nw, do not come running back to NL to complain of how she duped u on d first night wit tomato puree!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Harpesin(m): 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
It is not advisable cos whenever she is facing the other side of it, she will be encourage directly or indirectly by where she came from....her mother will be telling her that men are not good, they are devil, they are that, better to remain single parent etc......remember a good tree can not bear a bad fruit vis a vis.....so let ur friend think properly before going into it.....Marriage is not what you can enter and come out safely, those who came out have a lot of story to tell, they must have lost one thing or the other which they are regretting....
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
And pray tell who will mary them if nobody is allowed to marry them.should they remain unmarried?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by deols(f): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
some people spend all their lives trying to be the opposite of whom their parents are. the individual should matter more. It should be a problem only if she thinks/acts the way they do.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by mygsmnairacom(m): 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
Well, in African culture, you are actually marrying the whole Family, so Bad home = Bad extended family

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Exponental(m): 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
Though risky, but when love sets in, barriers are broken! U tend 2 ignore some principles u laid 4 urself. Its very posible if n only if, one is "tamed" by love. Pray hard!!!!
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
@OP - never pay heed to men with infantile insecurities - have "Real" Men from Bad homes not risen above their circumstances to become respectable, responsible and successful spouses? It is all a matter of knowing who you want to marry, you cannot make judgement on the basis of her home. DOn't you read the dailies on how many silver-spoon Women from apparently Good homes ended-up with scandalous infidelity issues - Shine ya eye well well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by nneomawhy: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
As far as am concern, it's de girl u are going to marry not her family. If she is ok why not.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Killz1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
stepo707:

Offcourse its possible.I have seen such although it is not advisable to marry from your homes cos they will give you trouble and it will be war all through.
That's why i said story story. . . It never ends well. It may start so promising and all, but. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by emsquare(m): 4:02pm On Apr 11, 2012
Killz.:

Venus!
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by lovejo(m): 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
Has anyone see good girl from bad home? time bomb
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2012
I dont know abt gud gal from bad home but I definitely luv a bad girl from a gud home winkI dont know abt gud gal from bad home but I definitely luv a bad girl from a gud home
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by Killz1(m): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2012
emsquare:

Venus!
Gaddemmit! I knew i was wrong.
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by greedie1(f): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
Emm....der is a probability dt d gud girl may turn bad lyk d rest of ha family. My advise: don't risk it
Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by pendo89(f): 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @OP - never pay heed to men with infantile insecurities - have "Real" Men from Bad homes not risen above their circumstances to become respectable, responsible and successful spouses? It is all a matter of knowing who you want to marry, you cannot make judgement on the basis of her home. DOn't you read the dailies on how many silver-spoon Women from apparently Good homes ended-up with scandalous infidelity issues [color=#990000][/color]- Shine ya eye well well.
I love this.

Those who hate the truth are trapped in what we see in these silly latino movies.Family pride. good girl from good family must marry good boy from good family.
Is that what life is about? family pride?

A man or woman is not a background.Backgrounds shape our attitude towards life.It can build or break you. So ask yourself 'what kind of man or woman am I marrying from whichever background? The broken one or the strong one?
We marry people but manage their background and if you cant accept/deal with somebody's background then you are not ready to marry!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by luckgames(m): 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
pendo89:

Those who hate the truth are trapped in what we see in these silly latino movies.Family pride. good girl from good family must marry good boy from good family.
Is that what life is about? family pride?

We marry people not their backgrounds.We only manage their background and if you cant accept/deal with somebody's background you are not ready to marry!

Family background is a big factor
Family background = Family values

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by highchief3(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
You guys are not being fair! i know people that have bad foundation but end up having good homes and better lives. In fact people with such background tend to work hard not to follow the same path.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Good Girl From A Bad Home? by pendo89(f): 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
luckgames:

Family background is a big factor
Family background = Family values

Ahaa.run a quick scan through some families you know. My question now.
Are you telling us that every young man/woman brought up in a great home ends up becoming a responsible adult??
My answer? Yes We expect that to be the case,BUT it doesn't always happen like that.So what does that tell you?
Never downplay the external influence/environment cz they may throw ur great girl/boy off balance and turn them into something shocking.

I have seen kids brought up in God knows what families rise up to become very responsible adults. I guess the rough environment makes them view life differently??
Now don't misunderstand me.I treasure family values, but when I see kids raised up in stable and good homes end up dead due to drugs and crime I know that at times it takes more than a background to keep one sober.

Please Background is not Behaviour.I repeat,it may build/break/shape us only.
Haven't you seen a home where one brother ends up being a black sheep yet they were raised under the same roof?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why don't Nigerian ladies Fancy Flowers As Presents / Benin Girls Be Like....... / Guy Hustle O To Meet Better Babes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.