Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? (1065 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? by kelvincoll(m): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Dear NLErs
It's said that 1/10th if your monthly income should be given as tithe to God. I pay my tithe at 10% always but I'm being faced with some financial challenges and tried doing some mathematics with ma income to sort a way out. it was only after i came up with a bearable budget i realized i hadn't included my tithe as debit. If done at exactly 10%, i will be affected seriously. Pls I really want to know if there's anything bad in giving less than 10% tithe (not always). Ur sincere input based on wisdom guided by true christian teachings, void of jokes and religious discrimination will be well appreciated
Re: Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2012
This subject had been dealt with severely. You need to search out other threads here to educate yourself on this subject.

This is what I believe the bible teaches about tithe:

Biblical tithing is crops and animals, not money (even though money existed then)
Add 20% to the tithe if it had to be converted to money.
New testament believers did not tithe neither did the Apostles taught tithing but giving.
Attaching a certain Percentage to your giving makes our giving according to the law.

Hence, GO GIVE YOUR MONEY CHEERFULLY TO YOUR CHURCH OR WHERE YOUR HEART DESIRES AND REMOVE THAT PERCENTAGE CALLED (10) FROM YOUR MIND ANYTIME YOU WANT TO GIVE. GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE CHEERFULLY, GENEROUSLY AND SACRIFICIALLY AS THE LORD HAD BLESSED.

This is the principle of giving we have today in the new testament believers. This is my piece of advice sir.
Re: Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? by kelvincoll(m): 1:30am On Apr 08, 2012
Thank you goshen and a happy easter ahead
Re: Is It Okay To Give Less Than 10% Of Your Monthly Income As Tithe? by LogicMind: 1:47am On Apr 08, 2012
please give everything you earn like the widow did. your reward is in heaven. remember the rich man, camel, eye of needle and kingdom of heaven.

(1) (Reply)

This Land Is Not For Sale / The Olympic Games : Brief History (honoring Zeus) / Say Happy Celebration In Your Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.