Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? (723 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Nigerians Deserve Truth About Buhari’s Sudden Vacation – Fayose / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? by bilms(m): 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2012
The phrase,Nigeria go better has been in existence for long and i can't figure out where it emancipated from,but i subscribe to it, that yes,Nigeria go better. Saying Nigeria go better is like saying you have hope and a good future is awaiting you,but that good future would only be realized if you do what you are supposed to do to guarantee the good future.

According to ...a Yoruba Musician,Dr.King Saheed Osupa in one of his Music,titled Nigeria go better, he said:

Nigeria go better,E go better,that is what they say e go better.
E go better after 52 years of existence,E go better, till we got our Independence E go better,is it after 100 years that E go better?

E go better when will it be ?

Igbo's are saying E go better,Ogadinma (E go better)
Hausa's said E go better,Zai yi chao,(E go better)
Yoruba's also said E go better,on bo wa da ,(E go better)

Since i was born,that's when they used to say E go better,till i became a father,they are still saying e go better,is it till i become a grand father?

But even if we all become grand fathers,it will not be better unless we do better.

So i ask, Can Nigeria be better?

To answer this question,we need to know one thing for sure,yes,NIGERIA GO BETTER.

But Nigeria no go better if we did not do what would make it better. To all those people like the musician who are asking when will Nigeria be better,i challenge you to mention what we have done to deserve a better Nigeria,If we have not done any better,do we deserve a better Nigeria?. We have not stopped cheating ourselves individually,we haven't stopped oppressing each other,we didn't Stop lying to each other and we have continue to deceive each other.

How then would Nigeria be better? When we say Nigeria Go better,We must do the work of betting it better. If we say i want to pass the exam,we must do the study of passing the exam,we can't be saying i want to pass the exam then spend our time doing nothing. We cant continue to blame the Cabals,We cant continue to blame the leaders,we cant continue to condemn the north and south,we can't continue to be tribalists,ethnicist,regionalists etc. we must work better to ensure say Nigeria better. We can't take the blame of our beginning,but we must take the blame for our end.
Re: Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? by Callotti: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
No. Nigeria always deserves what it gets.
Re: Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
Those "e go better" Nigerians are nothing ready to effect a change. They're waiting for a miraculous intervention which in my opinion must be catalyzed by a rude uprising else "Nigeria go better" will be on people's lips for a long time to come.
Re: Do Nigerians Deserve A Better Nigeria? by bilms(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2012
wink

(1) (Reply)

December 2012 gone: Uninterrupted Power Supply By President GEJ still a mirage / "How I Spent Six Years In The Jungle" Agonising Story Of A Kidnapped Victim / Fashola: Jonathan's Wife (patience) Insensitive To People's Plight- Your Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.