Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

“I Am Not Daunted” Says Dr. Okonjo Iweala On World Bank Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Am Not Daunted” Says Dr. Okonjo Iweala On World Bank Presidency (718 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Am Not Daunted” Says Dr. Okonjo Iweala On World Bank Presidency by shakomende: 1:07am On Apr 08, 2012
Speaking recently to CNN’s Richard Quest, Nigeria’s Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala asserted that she is not daunted by the competition in her quest to be selected for the World Bank’s top job.

Okonjo Iweala
“I am not daunted” she said, “because the shareholders of the World Bank promised a fair, merit-based, open and competitive process.”

“This is not theory you are dealing with, it’s fact, it’s experience, it’s real world, ‘how do we make a policy decision that will help millions of poor people today? So that gives me a lot.”

Dr Okonjo Iweala emphasized job creation in developing countries in her conversation with Quest, saying that would be one of her main focuses.

The bank should also focus on promoting growth in developing nations to create jobs, especially for young people.” she said.

“I’ve never met a poor person who didn’t want the dignity of a job. If they have a job, they can take care of their health problems, their education problems.”

Watch the video: http://www.cp-africa.com/2012/04/08/i-am-not-daunted-says-dr-okonjo-iweala-on-world-bank-presidency/

(1) (Reply)

Doctors’strike Grounds Medical Services In Lagos / Vision 202020: How far have we come? / FG Has Licensed Over 50 Independent Power Providers – NERC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.