Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Can Someone Tell Me The Differece Between A Jeep ,SAV And SUV - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Someone Tell Me The Differece Between A Jeep ,SAV And SUV (3413 Views)

Modernised Hummer Jeep Spotted In Enugu / Tragedy As A Trailer Fell On A Jeep,Bus And Keke Napep In Mushin,Lagos(Photos) / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Tell Me The Differece Between A Jeep ,SAV And SUV by yinkobert(m): 10:35am On Apr 08, 2012
Please good member of the house can someone tell me the difference btw a jeep,SAV and SUV?thanks while awaiting your responses
Re: Can Someone Tell Me The Differece Between A Jeep ,SAV And SUV by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 08, 2012
yinkobert: Please good member of the house can someone tell me the difference btw a jeep,SAV and SUV?thanks while awaiting your responses

According to some old dictionaries 'a jeep is defined as a small sturdy vehicle with 4 wheel drive for rough terrains',it is a dated term.
The new term for vehicles in this category is 'SUV', the acronym stands for 'sport utility vehicle'. This term encompasses all vehicles with high ground clearance and 4wd or Awd (although some might be 2wd). Vehicles such as Rav 4s,CRVs,Range rovers,4runners,landcruisers,X5s,mercedes MLs,grand Cherokees,hummer H2s and other vehicles with similar shapes.
Jeep is a vehicle brand just like toyota,honda. The company is a division of Chrysler, their vehicles include the jeep wrangler, jeep grand cherokee, jeep compass and jeep commander. The name is copyright protected, no other carmaker has the rights to that name. U̶̲̥̅̊ might also come across the phrase 'Jeep, there's only one' in their ads. Most nigerians wrongly call SUVs 'jeeps'(even in newspapers and other publications!), this is wrong and is best avoided.
SAV stands for 'Sport activity Vehicle'. BMW uses that acronym for their 'X' range of SUVs namely, the X1, X3,X5 and X6. Its just a marketing ploy and shouldn't confuse you.
I believe this should help.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Tell Me The Differece Between A Jeep ,SAV And SUV by yinkobert(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2012
Thanks sir,u really clear my doubt.

(1) (Reply)

ABS For Toyota Corolla / Best Gear Oil For Honda (end Of Discussion) 2004 / Please Advise: RX 350 2010/2012 Vs Toyota Highlander 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.