Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? (8825 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 10:32pm On Apr 08, 2012
I am not muslim but I used to date a British muslim girl. We were so close that she could guess what I would like even though we were from very different cultures. So, one day, I go to buy halal meat for my girlfriend (from her house) to cook food for herself and I. Not knowing where they sell halal meat near her house, I ask the taxi driver, who happens to be a Pakistani muslim, where the nearest halal butcher is. He smiles and says "so, my African brother, you are a muslim?" to which I answer "no". The taxi driver frowns a bit and asks "why are you buying halal meat then?" and then I tell him, "I have a muslim girlfriend". Upon hearing that I have a muslim girlfriend, the taxi driver slams his foot on the brakes which almost causes us to have an accident. The taxi driver quietly drove me to the halal butcher and didnt even utter a word as disembarked from his car. He sped off as soon as my legs touched the road.

I didnt tell my girlfriend about this incident. However, I told one of my muslim friends about the episode with the taxi driver. My muslim friend told me that it is forbidden for a non-muslim man to marry a muslim woman (but a muslim man can marry a non-muslim woman) and that is why the taxi driver was angry. I did not believe him until I searched on the internet and found out that it is true and justified in the Koran.

This all happened some years back. I am an atheist. The problem now is that I seem to like another muslim girl currently................

The question remains that what is the justification really for not allowing an adult muslim woman to marry or have a relationship with who she likes (but a mauslim man is free from the same rule)? I had to lie that I was muslim to my previous girlfriend's famiy and friends- I don't think that I can go through with that for this new girl.

The most painful thing is that my halal butchers from Pakistan (who are muslims) toast christian Nigerian babes when they come to buy cow tail or bokoto or ponmo grin
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by divinereal: 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2012
It is more bs from the arabian fairy tale religion. As long as you state you position with the chic and fam you will be alright. At least you live in the west were the cant do you nothing. These ppl sometimes have the dumbest rules and regulations.

1 Like

Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2012
divinereal: It is more bs from the arabian fairy tale religion. As long as you state you position with the chic and fam you will be alright. At least you live in the west were the cant do you nothing. These ppl sometimes have the dumbest rules and regulations.

The problem still remains, people have been killed for this type of relationship - honour killing

1 Like

Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by buzugee(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2012
for the sake of the girl, stay away. there was a case in aamerica. this arab girl got killed by her mum and dad because she was dating a black guy. meanwhile the parents were not so religious because during the CIA taps to their phone, they discovered they were scamming the govt out of thousands of dollars. even the bible says 'arabs' are wild people.genesis 16 vs 12 This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.

thats ishmael the wild man

1 Like

Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2012
buzugee: for the sake of the girl, stay away. there was a case in aamerica. this arab girl got killed by her mum and dad because she was dating a black guy. meanwhile the parents were not so religious because during the CIA taps to their phone, they discovered they were scamming the govt out of thousands of dollars. even the bible says 'arabs' are wild people.genesis 16 vs 12 This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.

thats ishmael the wild man

GTFO with your BS........you spout a lot of rubbsih
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by buzugee(m): 11:46pm On Apr 08, 2012
logicboy:

GTFO with your BS........you spout a lot of rubbsih
found the case. her name is tina isa http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art22765.asp
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2012
buzugee: found the case. her name is tina isa http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art22765.asp

I was talking about your Biblical theories and Ishmeal
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
Any muslim women married to non-muslisms? grin
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by deols(f): 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
this topic has been dealt with on different threads. I 'll try post some links InshaAllah.
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
deols: this topic has been dealt with on different threads. I 'll try post some links InshaAllah.

please do
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
cant u find an atheist lady?

1 Like

Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
toba: cant u find an atheist lady?

Atheists are less than one percent in Nigeria.
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
logicboy:

Atheists are less than one percent in Nigeria.
cry
what do u think is responsible for this?
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
Literacy level and poverty?
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy: Literacy level and poverty?
OMG.

Do u mean that the 99% (of which I'm part of) non atheists are illiterates and impoverished hence they chose to believe in God?
If thats ur notion, i can tell u with all certainty that not only will u not find a non atheist Girl but u'll also not find an atheist girl cos of ur illogical conclusion.

Imagine u logicboy coming up with such illogical fallacy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2012
toba:
OMG.

Do u mean that the 99% (of which I'm part of) non atheists are illiterates and impoverished hence they chose to believe in God?
If thats ur notion, i can tell u with all certainty that not only will u not find a non atheist Girl but u'll also not find an atheist girl cos of ur illogical conclusion.

Imagine u logicboy coming up with such illogical fallacy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

An absolute majority of the 99% that you belong to in Nigeria are poor- FACT

Poverty does not make someone religious, you are just more likely to find out that poorer countries are more religious.

Furthermore, illiteracy goes hand in hand with poverty.

Furthermore, those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

An absolute majority of the 99% that you belong to in Nigeria are poor- FACT

U must have smooked some banned substances which is making u convulsing this early morning. Pls check ur time its still 8:39am GMT.

Where are the stats or facts that supports ur above assertion? including some of the Nigerian politicians that are richer than their foreign counterpart are also poor right? Just give me the source of the info u have there

logicboy:
Poverty does not make someone religious, you are just more likely to find out that poorer countries are more religious.
Evidence abeg. U just also realise that u are getting confused by saying 'Poverty does not make someone religious, you are just more likely to find out that poorer countries are more religious' according to u if u are poor, u tend to be more religious yet rich pple are some of the most religious folks in Nigeria. eg Muslims

logicboy:
Furthermore, illiteracy goes hand in hand with poverty.

How true is this?

logicboy:
Furthermore, those with higher IQs tend not to believe in God http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

Pure nonsense. Yet u posited above that 99% of Nigerians believes in God, does it mean its just 1% of the people that doesnt believe in God have higher IQs?
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
toba:
U must have smooked some banned substances which is making u convulsing this early morning. Pls check ur time its still 8:39am GMT.

Where are the stats or facts that supports ur above assertion? including some of the Nigerian politicians that are richer than their foreign counterpart are also poor right? Just give me the source of the info u have there

Evidence abeg. U just also realise that u are getting confused by saying 'Poverty does not make someone religious, you are just more likely to find out that poorer countries are more religious' according to u if u are poor, u tend to be more religious yet rich pple are some of the most religious folks in Nigeria. eg Muslims

How true is this?

Pure nonsense. Yet u posited above that 99% of Nigerians believes in God, does it mean its just 1% of the people that doesnt believe in God have higher IQs?

63% of Nigerians live in poverty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_Nigeria. Absolute majority

'Poverty does not make someone religious, you are just more likely to find out that poorer countries are more religious'<<<<< This statement is very clear, if you dont understand it, then you have comprehension problems. Religiosity is highest in world's poorest nations; http://www.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx

google "religion and intelligence". Find out for yoself
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
since u want a Muslim for a girl friend. click on my profile and tell me if u like the damsel in the pix. if yes, mail me asap
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by logicboy: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
toba: since u want a Muslim for a girl friend. click on my profile and tell me if u like the damsel in the pix. if yes, mail me asap

The girl is really fine grin grin grin grin grin grin. Unfortunately, I already have a muslim girlfriend. Thanks though!
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by deols(f): 1:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
there isn't so much difference btwn a christian guy marrying a Muslim girl and an atheist doing so.

the link as promised- https://www.nairaland.com/785026/why-can-t-muslim-woman
Re: Why Can I Not Have A Muslim Girlfriend!!!???? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
deols: there isn't so much difference btwn a christian guy marrying a Muslim girl and an atheist doing so.

the link as promised- https://www.nairaland.com/785026/why-can-t-muslim-woman

SMH. u think i will give up abi? never. I wouldnt give up

(1) (Reply)

Jumah Mufeedah / Making Fun Of Islam / May Allah Grant Us Good Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.