Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? (67846 Views)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by joecooper(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2007
Hey Dudes , that shit is not Real, they are just trying to entertain the crowd around.
If you even watch most of the moves they make ,you ll discover that they only fake if especially the punches.
How do you recieve about 20 punches on your face and you dont bleed,
Just as they say ,"If fools went not to the market, who will buy the bad wears' wink smiley
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Russia: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2007
ngongo:

How will u explain the fact that John Cena and Bobby Lashley have to be away from the match for several months,due to injuries sustained during the fights?
I know you don't know this but i will make you know that Jackie Chan the actors get injuries while shooting his movie and sometimes he goes off for Months for treatments before he comes back to continue his movie. This is something you know is a movie not to talk of live acting or better still Stage acting (Wrestling)

ngongo:

How do u also explain the death of one of them,that died some time ago?
If its not real,How come they make these tributes?
What did you say "some time ago", what about this time around which wrestler did you kill
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by fire4fire: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2007
What you see in the WWE is entertainment,the fights and drama sometimes are staged to entertain the fans.However,the shots,sweetchin musics,choke slams,FUs,RKOs,DDTs,Batista bombs,sumo spins etc are all real. Majority of the injuries they substain are real injuries so the WWE warns that you shouldnt try this at Home.

Did you watch the ladder match fight b/w Jonny Nitro and the Hardy brothers,then you'll see that the injury substain by jonny nitro where he nearly lost an eye was real.Have you watch the fight b/w Undertaker and Ric fair,no doubt a very real fight where both substained injuries.There is no doubt that they sometimes act these fights,but its a 50/50 thing half real and half acting.

All purely entertainment.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ebos(m): 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2007
It's real. Let me prove it.

When Kamala came to Nigeria and challenged Power Uti of Nigeria- was it not real? I watched the fight and confirmed it was real. The beating was real. Again, if it is not real, don't you think everybody will jump into it and make money from such entertainment.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by kaypinchi(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2007
Insert Quote
Quote from: kaypinchi on Yesterday at 08:21:06 PM
The fights are real
The fighters are real people-[sub][/sub]not robots
The stage is real
The blood, chairs, weapons used are real
The injuries are real
The crowd is real
The referee is real
The money earned is real money
The promoters are real people
The entertainment is real

What more can be real there?

everything is not real. the fight is not all that really, they practice the moves, the blood ain't real, and the injuries are not real but of course the money and entertainment are real.

If everything is not real, then what there is fake?

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by eldee(m): 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
ngongo:

Its for real oooooooo.If not,
How will u explain the fact that John Cena and Bobby Lashley have to be away from the match for several months,due to injuries sustained during the fights?
How do u also explain the Return of Shawn Michaels and the likes that just resumed because they went for surgeries?
How do u also explain the death of one of them,that died some time ago?
Agreed that some of them are script written,but these are usually the ones,where its obvious that they are acting,like d last one between Santinno Mario and the Actor-Stone cold Austin.
With all these,I am convinced that the WWE is for real,and remember that the wrestlers make a living from this.Also note all the tributes made to the wrestlers that lost their life in one way or the other.If its not real,How come they make these tributes?
You guys should reconsider,and know that all these are real,and not fake.

Ok, if movies were not real how will u explain Jackie Chan breaking some joints and bones in his body twice?
It's when u make mistakes that you see them getting injured.
And for the Death Of Eddie Guerrero, even if Jackie Chan has injuries and he takes too much painkiller and drugs, he'll likely die
Does Jackie Chan not earn money for breaking his bones
And the tributes, lol i don't have any explanation for that.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2007
Professional Wrestling, form of entertainment in which wrestlers battle each other in matches that are scripted and rehearsed beforehand. To help give the fights dramatic tension, some professional wrestlers adopt stage names, wear costumes, and make grand entrances into the arena. Before and after the actual bouts, many wrestlers also taunt and challenge each other and the spectators.

Professional wrestling developed from amateur wrestling, but while the two sports resemble each other in some ways, they are not closely related. In most sports, professional competitors represent the sport’s best athletes—those with the ability to rise to the highest level of competition. Professional wrestlers are skilled athletes, but they perform as entertainers and not as competitors. The win-loss record of a professional wrestler, therefore, does not indicate how successful he or she is. Many professional wrestlers never win titles but nonetheless capture the imagination of fans and attract spectators and television viewers to the sport.

source microsoft encarta
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by elampiro(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
Well I don't know. But a few questions for those who think it is not real?

If it is fake, why is there so much crowd/spectators in all the events? I remember Bill Clinton was at one of the main events of WWE during his reign as US president. Tyson was also there and wanted to train as a wrestler but he was advised otherwise, that he would not cope. He was later given a visitors show contract by WWE management for one year for $5million.

Does it mean that the spectators are not sensible to know that it is fake?. Most times popular celebrities and basket ball players attend the matches.

If it is fake why are the wrestlers well respected by even American soldiers. The Undertaker and Bobby Lashley were honoured by the US army in separates colourful ceremonies?.

What do the organisers gain by fixing matches?

Do you guys know that pool forecasters believe that English football matches including premiership matches are fixed ? Find out from those that play pools/coupon perm 3 from 5 , etc

The truth remains that the wrestlers performers are too extraordinary to be truth. But this is not peculiar to wrestling alone, watch other extreme sports like bike race. They also looks like films but they are real.

Lets be slow to discredit other people's effort.

One thing many people cannot comprehend is why small wrestlers defeat giants. It is not by strenght or size alone. Tactics, skills, resilience, calculation etc have to come to play. That is why John Cena and Shawn Micheals can defeat Kane. Just same way Ronaldo , Kaka and Fabregas can easily pass giant markers in football.

Regards.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by eldee(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2007
So, why do pple go to movies and stuffs like that. it's enetertainment, simple
The Hazards are rea. Hazard is not the 'EFF YOU'
Its the mistake that happens when it is being carried out.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by enolase(m): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2007
Please the guy who said WWF changed their name to WWE because of govt. intervention should get his facts straight. The WorlWide Fund for Nature (WWF) instituted a lawsuit over the WWF abbreviation, claiming ownership. Vince McMahon decided to change the name rather than pursue an expensive legal battle.

FACTS:

The matches are scripted, but the wrestlers are trained to deliver the blows safely, and also take blows that can't be delivered safely because many of them are as real as it gets.

The move known as the "piledriver" has many variants, but only the Tombstone Piledriver is now allowed because that is the only form that can be delivered safely. In an Intercontinental Title match between Owen Hart and Stonecold Steve Austin, Owen Hart delivered a modified version that almost paralysed Stone Cold for real. Not long after. the move was banned. Only the Tombstone version (where the knees of the deliverer help support the head of the recipient so that contact is not made by the recipient's head on the canvas) is allowed.

The bleeding is as real as it gets. It's not a fake.

The wrestlers are on a cocktail of special drugs that help wrestlers recover from the vigours of matches. In the early days, steroids were also used. But the death of over 42 wrestlers in a space of 10 years from steroid related causes and an impending string of court cases by aggrieved families caused the WWE to stop their use by wrestlers.

Ravishing Rick Rude
The British Bulldog
Hercules
Bryan Adams (otherwise known as Crush of the Tag team Champs of the late 80s, The Demolition)
Curt "Mr Perfect" Hennig
The Big Boss Man
Bam Bam Bigelow
Brian Pellman
Terry Gordy (along with Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts were the Fabulous Freebirds)
Ed "The Bull" Gantner
Eddie Guerrerro
Chris Benoit

The list is endless: all (except Chris Benoit here) died of steroid related cardiac arrest and all between the ages of 35 to 45 years.

So as the wrestling matches are scripted, it should be remembered that there are occupational hazards, and real injuries occur.

Without training (wrestlers are sent to a training school before drafted to the real deal- a bit like loaning of players in soccer), a human being can't take the blows they take.

C'est fini!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Tonex(m): 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2007
Wrestling is real. If you have the opportunity, try and watch a live WWE event. The fighting in the ring is real, but the build up and other behind the scene activities are just fictional. They are done to build hype for a match. But i repeat once again, the in-ring fighting is totally real. You need to see this guys after a match and you will understand how real the fighting is.

For everyone that says the fighting is fake, ask youselves this simple question, why should someone train for many years and condition his body to be the way it is, just to come into a ring and act. If you think about it you'll see how ridiculous it is to suggest that wrestlers are actors. Most of them train upto 8 hours a day. Do you think they train that hard to come and act? I think not.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by fakedavid: 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2007
no - go take one of those punches for yah head and see.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ghettochyk(f): 2:29am On Nov 15, 2007
sure it's real. it's up there with fairies and unicorns.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by smile4kenn(m): 4:09am On Nov 15, 2007
the fighting is real, reach punches and fights. but the fiction is not real. its been acted and they already know the winners. Like Undertaker, before a fight, he already knows hes gonna win.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by p1980: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2007
They are simply acting!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by eldee(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2007
How can I help understand that the stuff is just acted out. Even though they get nearly real punches, the refree is not there to officiate, he's there to dish out instructions on which moves the wrestlers will do next. Check Encarta
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by MP007(m): 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2007
is use to be real when it was called WWF, BUT Its all about entertainment now, no wonder they changed it to wwe, its like they are all acting, wrestling aint what it use to be, stil remember the dayz when shawm micheal was tough, undertaker at his prime, kane with the engimatic mask, hogan, ban ban bigalon, ROCK, stone cold, all the new fools fighting now suck , including sina or whatever, the fun is gone,
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by libra101(m): 2:47am On Nov 16, 2007
anyone who says it is not real should let me try just some of the moves on you.

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by roberts24: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2007
yeas chuks said it all, undertaker is my favorite, but he keeps on coming back to life from dead, is wrestling a mario game with countless life?, lol
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by roberts24: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2007
yeas chuks said it all, undertaker is my favorite, but he keeps on coming back to life from dead, is wrestling a mario game with countless life?, lol
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by larry007(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
Dear Nairalanders
Make I No lie U NA that WWE Shit Na rubbish, Some of the Fight are extreme(real) but most of them are exhibitional in nature.So Don't Try wetin Dey do For House.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Pip(m): 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2007
Naija wrestling is fake, we all know that. But WWE or TNA? That one na diff level.U can ask the Big Show to give u a "show stopper" to find out or Shawn michaels to give u "Sweet Chin music" to see if u have strong teeth. Or better still tell EDGE to give u a spear wether yr belle no go commot leave you.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by 9ja4eva: 5:36am On Nov 17, 2007
I dont think its real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by SugaLips(f): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2007
Fake may not be the right word. Choreographed is probably a better one. And yes it is staged and rehearsed.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by MP007(m): 2:29am On Nov 20, 2007
Suga_Lips:

Fake may not be the right word. Choreographed is probably a better one. And yes it is staged and rehearsed.
thank nu bjare, dontv mind the asshol, WWE aint waht it use to be, ;,
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by MP007(m): 2:30am On Nov 20, 2007
Pip:

Naija wrestling is fake, we all know that. But WWE or TNA? That one na diff level.You can ask the Big Show to give u a "show stopper" to find out or Shawn michaels to give u "Sweet Chin music" to see if u have strong teeth. Or better still tell EDGE to give u a spear wether yr belle no go commot leave you.

who da hel;l is this idiot , who is talking abt naija wrestling here, ?n abeg , comot! angry
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by samir101ng(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2007
hmmm

am not gonna write a long argument for you.

My only response will be try and enter the ring with the undertaker or john cena or any of the wwe superstars and go just ONE ROUND. Or have a chair

broken on your little back or have a hammer slammed on your face.

By the time you see stars, you will know whether its real or not.

Ma guys fake or not, E NO EASY.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by chuckdee4(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2007
samir101ng:

hmmm

am not going to write a long argument for you.

My only response will be try and enter the ring with the undertaker or john cena or any of the wwe superstars and go just ONE ROUND. Or have a chair

broken on your little back or have a hammer slammed on your face.

By the time you see stars, you will know whether its real or not.

Ma guys fake or not, E NO EASY.

Do u think any normal human being would want to be hit in the face with a hammer?
Them chairs are made of a light metal, making it easy for a trainned person to take a head shot, have u wondered why the chair always bends outta shape after its been used (lighht metal). Go and try it with ur father's chair and see if u wake up
Most blood on WWE are fake, wrestlers often carry blood packs that they burst on their face to make it seem like they are bleeding, why is it when they bleed it never lasts for long, if uve ever bled before u'll know that it doesn't just stop like that until u apply pressure on it or it cloths

How many times has the undertaker performed his pile driver on people, anyone who feels wrestling is real should come round my place i will give them one pile driver let me see if they wake up the next morning. These guys are more stunt men than sports men
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by 9ja4eva: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2007
lmao

Its not real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by nawa1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2007
what do you mean 'it's not real'? the world wrestling entertainment [/b]show, is as real as life itself.

very soon, somebody will come up and say our [b]home movies
are fake sad
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by meetogbeh: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2007
the basic is its as real as its choreographed. i have some good articles on how fake it is.Its just a make-believe piece. now you know. wink wink wink
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by meetogbeh: 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2007
ITS AS FAKE AS FAKE wink wink wink[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Daily Sport Betting Tips Here Free / Daily Sure Bet To Bet And Win. Please Follow Me. / Hilarious Lionel Messi Pictures After Barcelona's 4:0 Loss To Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.