Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA (12363 Views)

Which Is The Best Destination For Studying Medicine / Student Arrested For Studying Too Much / Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
Hello,nlders,pls i need info abt pre-requisite for studying nursing @ USA,any body with useful information should pls share,ur contribution ll be highly appreciated
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by akpan123(m): 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
depends on which programme, lpn , rn, bsn. generally educational courses, eng ,pysc,maths,etc google any of the colleges or university and check for nursing

programme.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2012
@akpan123,thks for ur respons,i had my first degree already bt nt relatd to nursing,nd sum1 told me dat i cant study nursing @ USA university exept i av background in it b4 here @Nig,i dunno aw far is real
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by yamakuza: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2012
akpan123: depends on which programme, lpn , rn, bsn. generally educational courses, eng ,pysc,maths,etc google any of the colleges or university and check for nursing

programme.

bros, do u visit the Career Section?
[s]
This thread was there initially but got no response.
[/s]
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 6:51am On Apr 11, 2012
@Yamakazua,and so what? Am i d moderator that tranfer it to this thread?if u dont have any useful contribution then u keep silent,or must u wriite?
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by yamakuza: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2012
My question is for akpan123.

btw, i moved it to Health

1 Like

Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pls nlders,dont just view,if u av any useful info abt it,dont hesitate to share,it might go a long way in saving someone's future.thks and God bless
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by tpia5: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
if you're still in nigeria it might be better if you study the nursing there, before crossing over, unless you already have your visa.
and plan to travel very soon.

if you're already in the US, then just contact the nursing schools for their requirements.

you can also consider going for a masters program in a good discipline. Nursing can be stressful although it seems it pays well.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
@Tpia@,thk for ur response,am still in Nigeria bt intnd to travel soon nd study nursing,i want to process it from here,bt dunno wot ll require of me as an international student
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by tpia5: 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
^good luck then.

Contact a school of your choice and find out what their requirements are.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by akpan123(m): 12:18am On Apr 12, 2012
IF YOU HAVE A FIRST DEGREE IN ANY FEILD, THEN THERE IS AN 18 MONTH BSN PROGRAMME IN NURSING IN MOST OF THE UNIVERSITIES. IF YOU NEED ANY HELP SEND ME AN E MAIL.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by akpan123(m): 12:23am On Apr 12, 2012
CAN GIVE YOU INFO ON MARYLAND, DC DELEWARE, PA AND VA. FIVE STATES. AND YOU MAKE QUALIFY FOR EXEMPTION IN SOME COURSES, DEPENDING ON YOUR PREVIOUS FEILD.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by tpia5: 2:43am On Apr 12, 2012
THERE IS AN 18 MONTH BSN PROGRAMME IN NURSING IN MOST OF THE UNIVERSITIES

true.

I was also going to mention some universities offer masters degrees in nursing, for people with first degrees in a non-nursing field. Rather expensive though.

Also, nursing programmes are typically high stress and with a high turnover rate, so be aware of all these things before applying.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by akpan123(m): 3:51am On Apr 12, 2012
ONE OF THE MOST BEST FIELD TO GET A JOB IS NURSING, DEPENDING ON YOUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVE. IF YOU CAN GO THROUGH THE PROGRAMME , YOU WILL SMILE AT THE

END OF THE DAY. BECAUSE OF ITS FLEXIBILITY. ESPECIALLY IF YOU INTO ANY FORM OF BUSINESS. YOU CAN WORK FOR ANGENCY, NURSING HOMES OR HOSPITAL. AT THE END

OF THE PROGRAMME . YOU WILL TAKE THE RN BOARD EXAM. BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IS THESE. INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT. IF YOU DON T HAVE ENOUGH FUND.

1. ENROLL IN A UNIVERSITY .

2. AFTER THREE TO FIVE MONTH , GET A JOB AS A NURSING STUDENT, IN NURSING HOME OR HOSPITAL. MAKE SURE THEY HAVE TUTION PAID PROGRAMME FOR STAFF.

3. YOU WILL BE PAID AROUND $14 TO $17 AN HOUR. AND THERE IS 100 PERCENT THEY WILL KEEP YOU, AT THE END OF YOUR PROGRAMME.

1 Like

Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 3:52am On Apr 12, 2012
Akpan123 n tpia@,thks for ur respons u re highly appreciated,pls akpan i ll lyk to hear more from u,your email addy pls
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by akpan123(m): 4:52am On Apr 12, 2012
AND 50 PERCENT OF TUTION WILL BE PAID FOR BY YOUR JOB . here is my e mail akpann70@yahoo.fr
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by gmumeen: 7:57am On Apr 18, 2012
@Akpan123,thks so much,ll gt to bck to u
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Teejay19: 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
Goodday,
I have HND in Computer Science but I intend to travel to US on marital ground But would love to study nursing over there, Please how do I go about it? What are the requirements? Thanks
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Teejay19: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2018
Goodday
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by samzebby: 2:35am On May 10, 2019
Hello @akpan123, I have tried emailing you but it it keeps telling me that your email address cannot be found. Would love to enquire more on the 18 months nursing program you mentioned and also if you’ve got another way to reach through to you...
Would appreciate.
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Nene001: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hello @Akpan123 this email of yours is not going through - akpann70@yahoo.fr

Please can you email me @sheriecoco@gmail.com
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Nene001: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
@samzebby please were you able to get into the 18months nursing program in the US ?

Please anyone that has information on how I can enroll should kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Immaculata001: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
@nene were you able to find the Akpan?
Re: Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA by Kaygirl33: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Immaculata001:
@nene were you able to find the Akpan?

(1) (Reply)

Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" / How Is Paye Calculated For Someone Working Overtime / My Internship Experience: A Journey To Self Realization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.