Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! (3667 Views)

When Will U Allow Your Daughter To Start Dating???(guys) / Guys Don't Like Dating 'born-Again’ Ladies: Why / Why Do Akwa Ibom Guys Like Dating Akwa Ibom/calabar Girls Only... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2012
I have observed boys that are into rap music are influenced by the lyrics of these songs sad

they become aggressive, rude, I am the SHI/T nigga, I get girls everyday of the week--mindset undecided

they begin 2 think so high of themselves and begin 2 emulate these rappers. .using words like bit-ches, hoes etc . .they also become women haters--they will say things like i dont chase SHY girls or any girl that forms hard to get==i Will find another pretty bitc.h-something sweeter grin

I dont like rap fans guys undecided
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Killz1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
onila: I have observed boys that are into rap music are influenced by the lyrics of these songs sad

they become aggressive, rude, I am the SHI/T nigga, I get girls everyday of the week--mindset undecided

they begin 2 think so high of themselves and begin 2 emulate these rappers

Here

we

go

again. . .
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by mkmyers45(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2012
Ooh crap :/
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Adaeze003(f): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2012
Damn
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by mashnino(m): 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2012
Oh GOD.....*deep sigh*
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2012
onila: I have observed boys that are into rap music are influenced by the lyrics of these songs sad

they begin 2 think so high of themselves and begin 2 emulate these rappers. .using words like bit-ches, hoes etc . .they also become women haters--they will say things like i dont chase SHY girls or any girl that forms hard to get==i Will find another pretty bitc.h-something sweeter grin

I have observed girls that are into blues music are influenced by the lyrics of these songssad
They become possesive, sluty, i am sexy, i get guys everyday of the week-mindsetundecided
they begin 2 think so high of themselves and begin 2 emulate these 'bluesers'. using words like *****...they also become men haters--they will say things like i dont follow shy guys or any guy that forms hard to get==i will find another mega (MUGU)-something richer grin
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2012
Vikin:

I have observed girls that are into blues music are influenced by the lyrics of these songssad
They become possesive, sluty, i am sexy, i get guys everyday of the week-mindsetundecided
they begin 2 think so high of themselves and begin 2 emulate these 'bluesers'. using words like *****...they also become men haters--they will say things like i dont follow shy guys or any guy that forms hard to get==i will find another mega (MUGU)-something richer grin

lol awww that was nice smiley grin
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2012
Onila u like guys wey dey listen to juju and WAZOBIA music? cheesy
me i like listening to to strong juju music LIVE from OKIJA cheesy
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by slimyem: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2012
crazy Onila!tongue
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Dondav(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2012
I think u've got the wrong idea @onila! You were probably into the kids who love rap!!!
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
lefulefu: Onila u like guys wey dey listen to juju and WAZOBIA music? cheesy

grin grin men that listen that kind of music are too traditional or razz grin
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by khukhi(f): 12:05am On Apr 10, 2012
I totally agree with you. Imagine having a husband who listens to Romans revenge infront of your kids...
I believe the kind of music you listen to has an influence on your world view and ultimately your behavior.

You can tell on NL who listens to Rap music Onila...i.e 190, Realist101 gringringrin these are the 2 names that come to mind right now.

Study: Association Found Between
Viewing Time and Risky Behaviors

By Sid Kirchheimer
WebMD Health News

March 3, 2003 -- Teens who spend more time watching the sex and violence depicted in the "real" life of "gangsta" rap music videos are more likely to practice these behaviors in real life, suggests one of the first studies to specifically explore how rap videos influence emotional and physical health.

After studying 522 black girls between the ages of 14 and 18 from non-urban, lower socioeconomic neighborhoods, researchers found that compared to those who never or rarely watched these videos, the girls who viewed these gangsta videos for at least 14 hours per week were far more likely to practice numerous destructive behaviors. Over the course of the one-year study, they were:

Three times more likely to hit a teacher

Over 2.5 times more likely to get arrested

Twice as likely to have multiple sexual partners

1.5 times more likely to get a sexually transmitted disease, use drugs, or drink alcohol.

"What is particularly alarming about our findings is that we didn't find an association with just violence or one or two risky behaviors," says researcher Ralph J. DiClemente, PhD, of Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health. "We found an association with a string of these behaviors."

His study, published in the March issue of the American Journal of Public Health, only involved black girls living in Birmingham, Ala. -- all of whom were already sexually active. While the researchers surveyed viewing habits for various types of rap videos, gangsta rap was by far the most popular among the girls practicing these destructive behaviors.

"We wanted to focus on young, African American women, a population that is very vulnerable," DiClemente tells WebMD. "In these videos, men hold the power and women don't and as a result, are subservient. I'm not sure that the girls in our study were lashing out because of this, but more likely role-modeling the behaviors they see. The women in these videos are doing OK, they're hanging around with a man who is powerful, affluent, going to nice clubs

Even though this study is about the effect of girls who view violent music videos rather than boys listening to rap music, . I believe violent music has the same effect.
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 3:18am On Apr 10, 2012
grin
khukhi: I totally agree with you. Imagine having a husband who listens to Romans revenge infront of your kids...
I believe the kind of music you listen to has an influence on your world view and ultimately your behavior.

You can tell on NL who listens to Rap music Onila...i.e 190, Realist101 gringringrin these are the 2 names that come to mind right now.

Study: Association Found Between
Viewing Time and Risky Behaviors

By Sid Kirchheimer
WebMD Health News

March 3, 2003 -- Teens who spend more time watching the sex and violence depicted in the "real" life of "gangsta" rap music videos are more likely to practice these behaviors in real life, suggests one of the first studies to specifically explore how rap videos influence emotional and physical health.

After studying 522 black girls between the ages of 14 and 18 from non-urban, lower socioeconomic neighborhoods, researchers found that compared to those who never or rarely watched these videos, the girls who viewed these gangsta videos for at least 14 hours per week were far more likely to practice numerous destructive behaviors. Over the course of the one-year study, they were:

Three times more likely to hit a teacher

Over 2.5 times more likely to get arrested

Twice as likely to have multiple sexual partners

1.5 times more likely to get a sexually transmitted disease, use drugs, or drink alcohol.

"What is particularly alarming about our findings is that we didn't find an association with just violence or one or two risky behaviors," says researcher Ralph J. DiClemente, PhD, of Emory University's Rollins School of Public Health. "We found an association with a string of these behaviors."

His study, published in the March issue of the American Journal of Public Health, only involved black girls living in Birmingham, Ala. -- all of whom were already sexually active. While the researchers surveyed viewing habits for various types of rap videos, gangsta rap was by far the most popular among the girls practicing these destructive behaviors.

"We wanted to focus on young, African American women, a population that is very vulnerable," DiClemente tells WebMD. "In these videos, men hold the power and women don't and as a result, are subservient. I'm not sure that the girls in our study were lashing out because of this, but more likely role-modeling the behaviors they see. The women in these videos are doing OK, they're hanging around with a man who is powerful, affluent, going to nice clubs

Even though this study is about the effect of girls who view violent music videos rather than boys listening to rap music, . I believe violent music has the same effect.
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by anonymus111(m): 3:23am On Apr 10, 2012
lefulefu: Onila u like guys wey dey listen to juju and WAZOBIA music? cheesy

fuji ropopo na im onila like abeg leave my girl alone afterall she no dey dance konko below in 2012
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 10, 2012

Hmmm I don't recall A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Dead Prez, Talib Kwali (sp??) and the likes acting like that.
Perhaps you are ignorant about rap music and the culture. If you weren't you'd know not all rap is about "btches, h03s, money and n!ggas".

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTNOxJXMYM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by bittyend(m): 3:25am On Apr 10, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Hmmm I don't recall A Tribe Called Quest, Common, Dead Prez, Talib Kwali (sp??) and the likes acting like that.
Perhaps you are ignorant about rap music and the culture. If you weren't you'd know not all rap is about "btches, h03s, money and n!ggas".

The girl is s fraudster, watch out before she sends you one of them fraudulent email messages. lipsrsealed
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 3:30am On Apr 10, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I meant the ones that are into the bit/ches and hoes songs undecided

common aint doing well tho because many young black guys dont find his music exciting
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by onila(f): 3:32am On Apr 10, 2012
bittyend:

The girl is s fraudster, watch out before she sends you one of them fraudulent email messages. lipsrsealed

WTF?
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 10, 2012
onila:

I meant the ones that are into the bit/ches and hoes songs undecided

common aint doing well tho because many young black guys dont find his music exciting

Common "isn't doing well" because the INDUSTRY does NOT promote conscious rap.
If it's positive it's not getting airplay. Regardless of the music genre.
It's rather unfortunate but luckily those of us who understand music know how and when to find
the good ones!
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by bittyend(m): 3:40am On Apr 10, 2012
onila:

WTF?

Keep playing dumb and stupid, what you have been sending to everyone is posted below:

Hello Dear,

How are you today together with your business and your entire family? I guess that everything is OK with you.
I know this mail will not come to you as a surprise since we have not had a previous correspondence,please bear with me.
I am more than happy to read your interesting mail from site and i hope that you are fine and healthy, I have noticed that you are the kind of man i am looking for, I believe that you are a trust worthy and caring person, that's what makes me to disclose my identity to you.

My name is Miss Helena Morgan,24 years old from Darfur Region of Sudan and presently I am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar Senegal as a result of the killing of my family by the rebels . please don't be discouraged for hearing this.I believe deep down inside me that you will never break my heart or let me down in anyway.
I am from the family of late Engr Philip Morgan. My late father Engr.Philip Morgan, was One of the Board of Directors of Sudapet Limited (Sudan National Petroleum Company) Darfur. The brutal killing of my mother and my father, one kid sister and kid brother took place one early morning by the rebels as a result of the civil war in Sudan. I was in my second year in Applied Mathematics department of University of Darfur in Sudan before the death of my loved Parents. I contacted you for a possible help. My step mother was a very wicked woman and she intend to kill me since my father and my real biological mother is died. Then she planned to take away all my late father's property and some other valuable things from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Parents. Meanwhile I wanted to find my way out of my country because I have seen what she is planning to do to me. I thereby plan to go to Europe or other part of the World, but she hide my international passport and other valuable traveling documents. luckily she did not found where I kept my fathers File which contains important documents.

I managed to escape with the documents which covers my late father's deposited money ($4.6M) Four Million Six Hundred Thousand US Dollars ). which he used my name as the next of kin. Meanwhile,I am still residing here as a refugee under the UNITED NATIONS COUNCIL FOR REFUGEES, i am saddled with the problem of securing a trust worthy foreign personality to help me transfer the money from the bank pending my arrival in your country because I will like to see you face to face soon.
Furthermore,on your wish you can contact the bank for confirmation and you can communicate directly with them regarding this fund of my late father which was deposited in their custody. I am giving you this offer 15% as mentioned with every confidence on your acceptance to assist me retrieve the money from the bank and transfer to your nominated account. Remember is my wish to come over to your country but I don't have travelling documents such as International passport and money for the air ticket at the moment, all this is why I told you to contact the bank first so that this money will be transferred into your bank account,so that from there you can send some money to me to prepare my traveling documents to come and meet you face to face and start a new life with you also continue my studies cause I will like to further my studies as soon as I arrive to your country, please try to help me to achieve this goal as I have a desire to become a famous personality in the nearest future. I will be pleased if you can do this for me.

You can reach me through this number (+221 77 777 2244) It is a Reverend Fathers phone number, by name Reverend Father Peter King he is the person that is in-charge of the camp even it's his office computer I'm using to send you an email any time he is less busy in his office because there's no computer at the camp hostel except in his office.If you call, please ask of miss Helena Morgan. When ever you call, try to tell him that you want to speak with Helena Morgan, that stays in the female hostel room 12. I have already inform him, that some one will call me through his phone. He will send for me from the hostel to come and speak with you. So please do not fail to call me, because I need to hear your voice too.
Nevertheless on your wish to help me out I will like to have your data such as:

1. Your Full name....
2. Your country......
3. Your occupation.....
4. Your phone or fax number...

Immediately I receive your data I will give you the contact and information of the bank where the money was deposited for you to contact them for confirmation in regards.
Remember I am revealing my secret to you,because I need help and I actually prayed that out of the three mail I sent the one that I received first will be the person to assist me, which is more or less a divine thing. As you know one must certainly trust person notwithstanding the time we have known. For me I trust you and I also enjoin you to trust me. The bank refused to give me this money because of my refugee status here in Senegal as the law of Senegal do not allow a refugee to per take in anything concerning money and I don't have any bank account where this money will be transferred that was why I contacted you because I do not permit to do that also the bank has advise me to nominate any foreign partner I trusted which is why I approach you in this regard. I have attached my pictures here for you to know me very well.

Bye and take a good care of yourself,have a nice day.

Yours sincerely,
Helena.
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 10, 2012
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by joudini(m): 6:25am On Apr 10, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwTNOxJXMYM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

well, it's talib kweli. I appreciate people who love conscious hiphop. Onila, not all those who listen to rock music wear long hair and are crack addicts. Perception and its relativity to reality plays a big role in this.
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by khukhi(f): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by masterpiecer(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2012
khukhi: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed say something, what's wit all the suprise and mouth shut? go ahead don't b scared, speak sweetie
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by masterpiecer(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2012
khukhi: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
say something, what's wit all the suprise and mouth shut? go ahead don't b scared, speak sweetie
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by masterpiecer(m): 10:27am On Apr 10, 2012
@khukhi.

if u really think boys make good pets, please let me b ur pet, plsssssssssssssssss
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2012
anonymus11_1:

fuji ropopo na im onila like abeg leave my girl alone afterall she no dey dance konko below in 2012
ehen wetin wrong with konko below dance? angry.u suppose know say girls wey sabi dance konko below na dem sabi yansh wella cheesy
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by bigboyk(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2012
I don't give a phuck about a h.oe. The money hungry biaaatches are all over my d.i.c.k because am a paper flipper. I walk around with a charger because h.oes keep on calling my phone line 24/7. Am so smooth like an ice, baby Onila... Come over here and let's make it happen. #Whistling and humming a rap beat, biaaaaaaatch!#

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by bigboyk(m): 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2012
I don't give a phuck about a h.oe. They are always on my d.i.c.k because of my cash. I don't trust bi.tches because I phuck friends one after the other. Am a player and my game is trunk tight. To phuck a punny, all a n.igger does is to snap his fingers and the h.oes come sucking on my d.i.c.k. #whistling and humming a rap beat, biaaaaaaatch!#
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by Beetwo(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
bigboyk: I don't give a phuck about a h.oe. They are always on my d.i.c.k because of my cash. I don't trust bi.tches because I phuck friends one after the other. Am a player and my game is trunk tight. To phuck a Kitty-Cat, all a n.igger does is to snap his fingers and the h.oes come sucking on my d.i.c.k. #whistling and humming a rap beat, biaaaaaaatch!#
Baaadt guy
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by kingebuka(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
What u said is for dose pple that listen to lil wayne and his amature flow, I listen to rap songs bt I don't think it influence me in a negative way ‎​Oº°˚˚°ºĶ d tin is any music u listen to will influence u in one way or d oda bt rap is d best form of music(jay)
Re: I Dont Like Dating Guys That Are Into RAP Music! by timpaker(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
bigboyk: I don't give a phuck about a h.oe. They are always on my d.i.c.k because of my cash. I don't trust bi.tches because I phuck friends one after the other. Am a player and my game is trunk tight. To phuck a punny, all a n.igger does is to snap his fingers and the h.oes come sucking on my d.i.c.k. #whistling and humming a rap beat, biaaaaaaatch!#

LWKMD PLAYER!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly for guys only (No ladies allowed) / Is This Boy Smart Or He Is Just A Stingy Boyfriend? (pic) / Let's Play A Game... Bet You Gonna Like It!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.