Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here (14301 Views)

6000 Boko Haram Encircled By Nigerian Forces At Madagali & Gulak / Mediocrity: Nigerians Deserve To Suffer & Be Oppressed / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2012
Have You Ever Been Oppressed/molested By Police? Feel Free To Share It Here

Hello nairalanders,

my intention of creating this thread is to make a lighter mood of any form of embarrassment by policemen.if you have ever been molested or oppressed by a policeman just feel free to come and share it here.I will start by sharing my own first. It happened 18 years ago when i was still in senior secondary, it was around 6.30pm i was coming from a friend's house unknown to me that some cultist just raided the area and shot one guy very close to my house.As usual the stupid policemen waited for more than 45 mins after those guys had left before arriving,like a proverbial monkey that doesnt know the bush is on fire and still went ahead to jump inside the bush, I was on top of bike going home, i got to the street adjoined to my street the whole place was deserted i was still wondering what happenned when some group of unscruplous element that call themselves police just rushed out from a hidden place and shouted the bike man down before i could say jack robinson the policemen ordered us into their open van brandishing their gun and the worst part is none of my family member knew my whereabout.They took me and the okada man to their station, on getting there I saw one guy they just released i pleaded with the guy to go and inform my family but to no avail.later in the night when it seems nobody is coming to bail us they pushed me and the bike man inside the cell room.Everywhere was dark but i can see a silhouette on the wall, after few minutes i heard a coarse voice asking what did you do?i didnt bother to respond neither the bike man did,out of the darkness i saw something that moved like a thunder GBOSA that was a thunderous slap from the kodo(ie the armed robber that assume the post of cell presido)it was given to the okada man but the effect was resounding in my eardrum,the bikeman start pleading with the kodo to have mercy on him.The voice repeated the question what did you do?i dont need an ifa priest to tell me this time around that the question was meant for me out of fear i told the guy that i shot two policemen at lokoja-abuja express way(lol can you imagine) the guy said why didnt they kill you or at least shot you at legs because thats the norm i responded i was not caught at the scene of the robbery the guy just laughed and said 'u go tey for here'.needless to say that the bike man used his eyes to see his two ears and i was spared because they believed i shot a policeman.

could you imagine as early as 5.0 clock the same kodo (armed robber presido inside the cell) woke me up to lead them in prayer.lol mehn the experience is not a funny one because that night was the longest night i have ever spent no thanks to the odour and mosquitoes that will besiege on you as if you were donated to them. I thank God that my parents came to bail me out the same day.please you can share your own story

2 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by azeeza(f): 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2012
sometime in june last year, i was coming from jos, i got to abuja very late. i was at the park waiting for taxi, while at park i was pressed and i decided to ease myself not noticing the police van parked by d road side. after setting myself free i was trying to pick up my bag i notice a board reading DNT URINATE HERE wit two police waiting to bundle me up to their van. there was no sign out when i was urinating it was a trap to money from passerby who fall for their antics. i was taken to police station, was interogated and they ask me to write down statement, i refused cos i dnt no wat my offence was.i was xplaining to a woman den one ugly and hungry looking policeman came from no where and landed a hot slap on my face saying U GO DEY PISS FOR HIGH WAY U DE BLO GRAMMA AND U NO WAN WRITE STATEMENT then i started crying it was a very serious senario walahi it was embarassing.i slept in d cell and was bail d next day..
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
I've been arrested twice for owning a laptop and i was taken to Area G police station in Ogba. I was almost thrown into jail filled with armed robbers, kidnappers and rapists if not for the special intervention of my relation who bailed me. NPF sucks.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by egift(m): 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2012
In all my encounter with the NPF, one thing is sure - that Bail Is Free - is only on paper (even when you are looking at it written on the board) grin

I dislike the Police than even our looting politicians (at least they try to hide theirs). But the men in Black will intimidate you and still pretend they want to just petty you - when you know your rights are clearly being insulted. When you come out, you keep asking yourself whether to walk away or go make case with the Police.

Nigerian Policemen are very heartless. Am yet to see what they cannot do.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by drake2(m): 1:33am On Apr 10, 2012
When u get into trouble, especialy the ones u know nothing abt, just be calm and avoid arguments until u get to d station.
An equipment in d lab. went missing over d weekend in my office; monday morning, police told everyone to come to their station to make a statement.
It turned out to be a detention of everyone, i was so pissed, when asked to make a statement; i just wrote my name, age, sex, state of origin and my position in d office. The IPO was so infuriated and threatened to force statements out of me to which i told him no shit.
At d end of d day, office paid 2k for bail money per person and d asshole who spent d weekend with d equipment confessed to d theft after 2days in their cell.
Knowing ur rights and good demeanour work my friends
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by khukhi(f): 2:44am On Apr 10, 2012
azeeza: sometime in june last year, i was coming from jos, i got to abuja very late. i was at the park waiting for taxi, while at park i was pressed and i decided to ease myself not noticing the police van parked by d road side. after setting myself free i was trying to pick up my bag i notice a board reading DNT URINATE HERE wit two police waiting to bundle me up to their van. there was no sign out when i was urinating it was a trap to money from passerby who fall for their antics. i was taken to police station, was interogated and they ask me to write down statement, i refused cos i dnt no wat my offence was.i was xplaining to a woman den one ugly and hungry looking policeman came from no where and landed a hot slap on my face saying U GO DEY PISS FOR HIGH WAY U DE BLO GRAMMA AND U NO WAN WRITE STATEMENT then i started crying it was a very serious senario walahi it was embarassing.i slept in d cell and was bail d next day..

Girl I know this is serious but I couldn't stop laughing. They really have nothing better to do hey. gringringrin Let's hope some day things will get better for Naija including the police service.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by omokidew: 2:47am On Apr 10, 2012
They caught me at ikotun in front of First Bank and dragged me into their station.. They then searched me and found a western union receipt with me.. Searched my phone and found an American number.. The name on the western union receipt was a Nigerian name as the sender and the number belonged to an uncle but they weren't deterred. They made me call the number thinking i was a yahoo boy and i saved a maga's number using a nigerian name but they heard my uncle talking.. He was calling my name and wanted to know why i was calling him that late and if i received the money he sent. That didnt stop them either.. They opened my phone and threw my battery into the gutter, brought out a paper and started dictating for me.. ""Say you are a criminal" .. When i refused to follow their instructions, i received the hottest slap of my life and they brought out an electric taser .. Omo, when i saw the device sparking, no be person tell me to start writing everything they instructed me to write.. I pleaded with them to let me go that the money was meant for my fathers hospital bill who just had a stroke. Forget oo, they deducted #20,000 naira from the 120 and asked me to go and bring my father. How could i possibly bring someone that was already bedridden .. Anyway, my old man died 2 weeks later and till today, i keep asking myself if i should have made a case with them. Where do i go and where to start from. Who will listen to me and if its goig to become a license for more harassment ..

5 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Afam4eva(m): 2:52am On Apr 10, 2012
omokidew: They caught me at ikotun in front of First Bank and dragged me into their station.. They then searched me and found a western union receipt with me.. Searched my phone and found an American number.. The name on the western union receipt was a Nigerian name as the sender and the number belonged to an uncle but they weren't deterred. They made me call the number thinking i was a yahoo boy and i saved a maga's number using a nigerian name but they heard my uncle talking.. He was calling my name and wanted to know why i was calling him that late and if i received the money he sent. That didnt stop them either.. They opened my phone and threw my battery into the gutter, brought out a paper and started dictating for me.. ""Say you are a criminal" .. When i refused to follow their instructions, i received the hottest slap of my life and they brought out an electric taser .. Omo, when i saw the device sparking, no be person tell me to start writing everything they instructed me to write.. I pleaded with them to let me go that the money was meant for my fathers hospital bill who just had a stroke. Forget oo, they deducted #20,000 naira from the 120 and asked me to go and bring my father. How could i possibly bring someone that was already bedridden .. Anyway, my old man died 2 weeks later and till today, i keep asking myself if i should have made a case with them. Where do i go and where to start from. Who will listen to me and if its goig to become a license for more harassment ..

They did the same to me. The statement looked something like this:

My name is Afam and i live at bla bla bla. I was caught with a stolen laptop in my possession and i'm a criminal.....

They even asked me write my email username and password. I actually did give them the correct credentials because i was scared that they were going to confirm the email credentials right away. Those people are wicked. The kind of things they make people do is out of this world.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by searlas: 4:38am On Apr 10, 2012
The name on the western union receipt was a Nigerian name as the sender and the number belonged to an uncle but they weren't deterred.[img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by LagBlogger(m): 4:59am On Apr 10, 2012
Mine was in Lagos in 2009, when I was returning from school after my project defence. This RRS patrol team just stopped me and asked what I had in my bag, I told them my laptop which was down by now (I would have shown them my name boldly written if I could power my system), I didn't have my receipt with me and these extorting cops just asked me to enter their vehicle. I sheepishly entered not knowing that they have no right to 'arrest'me since they can't prove that the laptop is stolen. They wouldn't accompany me to my house for me to show them my receipt but insisted I come with them to station. But for the fact that I made a call in their presence to an uncle who happened to be a prominent man in society they would have taken me to their station, I was released immediately but one of them asked me for some change for the boys to drink something.

I learnt that day also that the police cannot search you arbitrarily, as long as you have not committed an offence no policeman should search your bag or pocket but always carry a receipt with you whenever you are going out with your lappy.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by oluoma1: 5:51am On Apr 10, 2012
Rubbish,rubbish,rubbish, mine was alot when i came back from brazil on novemba 2008, guys i don't knw were to start, but nigeria police na Bleep, dirty stinking smelling fools, to hell wit dem, an illiterate fellows, Bleep dem.....
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by akanezek: 6:10am On Apr 10, 2012
One day as i was strolling with my girlfriend at a certain street in uyo. The police men drove directly to the side we were and stop their van, they started calling me all sort of name that i did not bear and finally collected my phone ,my shoes and some money from me.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by coolguy2002: 6:12am On Apr 10, 2012
i go stay in usa
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by 27naira(m): 6:21am On Apr 10, 2012
Mine happened a day after i came visiting Nigeria. I was residing in my bros place in Surulere, it was a monday morning so i decided to go and get an internet modem for myself.
I got the modem around 9am but when i got home, i learnt that i need to register the sim card so i went back to airtel's office. After i got the sim registered, i saw i rickety bus parked by the side, as i was trying to cross to the other side of the road, somebody called out to me that someone is calling me. I turned and saw some hefty black ugly looking fellows who flashed some IDs claiming to be policemen, so i stopped. They asked me to identify myself, i was perplexed. So i gave them all my ID cards both foreign and local. After flipping through, they asked for my handsets and asked me to follow them to the bus, i walked a few steps with them but i stopped right at the door of the bus. they scrolled through my phones, checked my text msgs, my sent items by contacts etc. The corporal that collected my blackberry seem to have difficulty operating it besides it was roamed. They got tired then one of them opened up: "do you know why we stopped you?" i answered "No" but in my mind i said "your father!" angry so he answered "we are investigating yahoo yahoo boys". He gave me back my ID's. As i was about to leave, he said "bless us" I simply shaked him and went my way. After that day, i stayed indoors till i left Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Coefficient(m): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2012
I don't know if there's anyone who detests NPF than I do. I've got a lotta stories about them that coud last me for a lifetime. I don't even know which one to share. Don't get me wrong, I'm law abiding and I know it but NPF is full of mischievous and canterkerous elements. God help us in Nigeria!
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by inspirenet: 7:12am On Apr 10, 2012
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by tellwisdom: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2012
Mine was very close to my hood. Had wanted to get some pop corn with a frnd wen dis pple stopped by and questioned who we were. So I rushed out my I.d cards and d other guy brought out d money he had, telling them who I was and wat I had wanted to get here. Oboy, Dem free d guy move me insyd their vehicle other guy was looking rough and facially rugged. After much more interrogation and questioning,Dem come discovr sey Na me gan gan b bad market.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by born2boink(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2012
Mine happened when I wanted to print out course form around 8:20 am, I went to cafe very early because I wanted to summit the form before 11 am,that was my first time going to that cafe,as I was printing the form, I never knew police was behind me watching what I was doing, they took me alone in that cafe to their station, I was taken to one hidden corner at their office, the next thing the police said was"all those guys dem no arrest bi yahoo boys and dem they settle but God don catch you today"what is my business with that showing them my course form and I told them I must meet up with school before 10 am, the police said don't worry, I will meet up with kirikiri before 10 am,I left the police station at 1pm paying 5k because said they would held me till next day if bail condition was not melt and precise throughout their silly talks,they never collect the course form from me,they did not arrest other guys in cafe even while they were arresting, they were exchanging greetings with guys there
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Andrew3(m): 7:47am On Apr 10, 2012
hmmm

It was a saturday night i didnt want to spend the night in the barracks so i left for festac around 11pm
Around 12 i was still on hold up until i got to agboju by 12:45. Immidiatly i diverted to agboju and festac junction
a police van packed beside shined full light on me, i stopped and covered my eyes with my hand, they came with torch lights
come down come down they shouted. where are you going and where are you coming from? I told them I was coming from ojo barracks
to our house in festac. oooh army children all na thief with their papa gun, they ransacked my car and searched me from head
to toe. After everything they told me am coming with them, I asked for what? they said okay settle us, I said I dont even have
a dine on me. while i was talking a military lorry filled with rankless soldiers was passing slowly because of the hold up. I pointed
at them and pointed my car, to my suprise many recongnised the car, a peogeot 206 blue color shared to all army officers. Three of them
jumped from the moving lorry and came to tell the police that is general XXXXX son. I was so suprise to hear the police say they asked me to go
since I was only here on my own. I left but couldnt sleep well that night.

1 Like

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by chimauga(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2012
police is your friend , love them ,like them, join them if u like , and see naija will be great
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by olempe(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2012
Well I neva had any personal issue with the NPF, but just last Monday, sumtin hapened that perplexed me.

I ws walking along the road of Arakale in Akure when a guy was ridding an okada towards me. He was riding so rough that he almost hit the guy before me. Like an average 9ja the guy before cursed the okada man saying 'u wan kill me ni, abi u be blind wey no see?'

Gbam! The man stoped d bike infront of me and came down and started walking towards the pedestrian. Bt I noticed the polo he wore that he ws a member of SARS. The nxt thing he did ws pull out a pistol and pointed it at the pedestrian and threatened that he shld repeat what he just said if he's man enuf.

I ws scared to my teeth. What if he accidentaly pull the triger! The NPF is sumtin else o.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by obitobe: 8:17am On Apr 10, 2012
Today I got slapped by a mobile police man and tears rolled down my cheek. The mobile police man asked me why I was crying and if I was not man enough to take a slap. I looked at him with my eyes as red like blood and my rage like that of a raging bull, my thoughts was filled with a lot of imaginations which I could not carry out, for fear of a man with a gun.

I said to my inner self if only he could put away the gun and let’s take it knuckle to knuckle, fist to fist, I know for sure he might win the fight due to the years of training he had, but I will make sure I put an indelible mark or scar on him, so that whenever he sees that mark he will remember it was not an easy encounter, but the reality is that it would not happen.

Today I was slapped by a mobile police man and I felt weak, powerless, and voiceless because the one who is meant to protect me from bodily harm is the one inflicting it. I live in a society where you do not have a voice, human rights are constantly abused, the once that does it feels they are above the law and if you dare to challenge him, you might either get shot or branded an arm robber. You might call my action cowardly but it is applying wisdom in a society where human rights are not been observed.

Until justice finds it way into my society I will only die in my silence and wish for a day I will have my fair chance or opportunity to see the man that slapped me pay for his injustice.
Let us say enough is enough to the Nigerian police brutality. Please pass this on.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2012
After submittin my final year project in sch, i went straight to collect cash from western union sent to me by my elder broda, comin out from first bank in ekpoma, suddenly, two police men wit ak's jumped down from okada like commandos while pointin their guns @ me, orderin me to come wit them to d station. I agreed & as we got to d station, they ask ♍ε to identify myself & i did. The one who searched my file brought out d western union pay slip & called ♍ε a yahoo boi, but i asked him to look @ d sender surname & mine dt d cash is from my blood broda but he refused! Demandin to c d money first, but was angered & slapped me twice wen i told him i deposited d cash into my account, they took d few thousands in my pocket & was abt to throw me in cell. @ dis point i lost my cool! I asked them to take me to their DPO's office cos i knew he was a masters student supervised by my uncle ''a prof'' in my sch & knows me very well. Unfurtunately for dem, they agreed. As soon as their oga saw me, he got up τ̅☺ greet me while callin me by my name! †ЂΞ 2 mofos instantly knelt down while beggin me, but i replied wit a thunderous slap on their faces. Their boss asked me wat happened & i xplained. Long story short, they were both purnish & made to pay me 5k each wen i promised to sue them τ̅☺ court.

4 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 10, 2012
I was out on a weekend after i returned from Dubia then,i was walking towards idowu martins street when they stopped.They were all plain clothed with guns.They searched me and my friend and they found on me 4k dollars with 50 k Nigerian money.The first thing on siting the money was not a question but a slap on our faces.They have learnt the act of intimidation i guess.They immediately followed with were are the rest of the group and that this was our own share of the 5 million dollars that was collected at the airport road the previous day.They took us to thrid maainland bridge and were a arguing among themselves to kill us or to free us,but they wanted all the money .One of them named adamu told them that they could still collect the money at the station.They took us to AREA F in ikeja from V/I and they brought out a paper and a pen at the station and told us to write what they say.The time we were arrested was changed to midnight,they dollars was divided and on the statement it became 2k dollars,the naira becam 23k naira.and they locked us with criminals .My passport and ticket was given back to me on the exact day of my travel back and till today i have not heard or seen my friend.
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by kaiter: 8:39am On Apr 10, 2012
It turned out to be a detention of everyone, i was so pissed, when asked to make a statement; i just wrote my name, age, sex, state of origin and my position in d office. The IPO was so infuriated and threatened to force statements out of me to which i told him no poo.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by CuteTj(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2012
I was 11 years old and had just finished Primary School Waiting to gain admission into Secondary School in the early-mid 90s when Console games (Terminator, Sega, SNES e.t.c) first came into Nigeria. Was supposed to leave for lesson by 3:30 pm but on that day i left home like 1:30 pm and headed to a game center in my neighbourhood instead of going to lesson. Played Mario till i exhausted my pocket money but instead of leaving at that point, i got carried away and stayed behind to watch. Minutes later, we were rounded up by The Police. They tied our clothes to each other so that we wouldn't escape and took all of us to the station. Unfortunately for me, a neighbour saw me and went to report to my parents at home. When we arrived at the station, we were told to write our names down of which i tried proving smart by giving my surname and a fake first name. Afterwards, we were moved to the back of the station yard where awfully smelled of excreta. We were then given 3 very hot slaps each by the DPO. Minutes later my father came to bail me and they called the name i gave but because it was a FAKE NAME i dropped, i myself didn't remember it was me that was being summoned. Suddenly the name rang a bell in my head and i owned up to the name. I was eventually released to my dad but you won't believe that my dad didn't utter a single word to me on the way home. He dropped me off at my lesson and i then knew that i was in big trouble. Even when i came back from lesson that evening, he still didnt speak to me throughout the whole night. After prayers the next morning, he asked me to strip n.a.k.e.d he then proceeded to give me 24 hot lashes of the KOBOKO! I still hate The Nigerian Police for that incident!

2 Likes

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by tunnytox(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Nigerian Police are worse than criminals! I had numerous encounters with them if not for God may be one of these robbers in uniform would have sent me to an early grave.
I don't think of any set of people or body that I'll ever loathe like the Nigerian Police... Awon oloriburuku ti ko ni daa fun...Brb

1 Like

Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by soulamanne(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2012
The moment I saw this thread,I thanked the author and knew I would see enought stories as almost everyone has had an ordeal with these devils in black.I ve had so many ordeals with them that I don't know which to write.but the good thing is none got me behind their counters though to their den called station.
The conclusion is just that these boys are our enemies.at a time after driving me around in their bus,and couldn't point at anything,they told me to pay for the fuel they had burnt or else they would go and throw me amidst robbers!

May God protect us
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by saydfact(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2012
after sharing; whats the gain....? dont get me wrong; just asking...
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

now let me read your post....
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by ifihearam: 9:03am On Apr 10, 2012
hmmm

It was a saturday night i didnt want to spend the night in the barracks so i left for festac around 11pm
Around 12 i was still on hold up until i got to agboju by 12:45. Immidiatly i diverted to agboju and festac junction
a police van packed beside shined full light on me, i stopped and covered my eyes with my hand, they came with torch lights
come down come down they shouted. where are you going and where are you coming from? I told them I was coming from ojo barracks
to our house in festac. oooh army children all na thief with their papa gun, they ransacked my car and searched me from head
to toe. After everything they told me am coming with them, I asked for what? they said okay settle us, I said I dont even have
a dine on me. while i was talking a military lorry filled with rankless soldiers was passing slowly because of the hold up. I pointed
at them and pointed my car, to my suprise many recongnised the car, a peogeot 206 blue color shared to all army officers. Three of them
jumped from the moving lorry and came to tell the police that is general XXXXX son. I was so suprise to hear the police say they asked me to go
since I was only here on my own. I left but couldnt sleep well that night.

They can lie??

Mine was on a friday went to peka at allen with a friend,so I wanted to recharge my phone,one getting back someone touched me pointing towards a policeman with gun who was calling me,I innocently and foolishly walk back to him the first thing he did was to seize me by the waist and straiht to a bus parked by the road,along the way to area F they picked up prostitutes,abokis that were fighting themselves,young men just coming out from the clubs etc.
They succeeded in detaining me till morning untl my friend came and bailed me out with 1k. I have never seen anyone who hates this people more than me and if I have my way of dealing with them I will unleash it without looking back. Idiots
Re: Oppressed/Molested By Nigerian Police? Share Your Story Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2012
Mine was when I was in 3rd year, as usual then I always study during the break as if school was in session. That faithful Saturday, I went to a nearby secondary school (Urban Girls ) to study it was around 9am. When I was about leaving between 1pm and 2pm, I noticed two guys came around in bike and just at the entrance of the class as I was about stepping out one of the guys accosted me and requested for my id. Without suspecting anything I flashed my school ID and the guy grabbed it from me and claimed I had come around to smoke weed. Gosh, I was like you can see my bag and books and also I had my Bible in my bag. The guy was like they have orders to arrest anyone found in the premises, behold there were group of area boys playing football around and the so called officer just turned a blind eye towards them. They insisted I join them to the station to make a statement and that would be it. Well before I could say one more word this slap came from no where and I respectfully mounted the bike with them. Unfortunately for me I never had a phone through out my Uni days, then I saw it like an unnecessary distraction at that moment I wished I had one, since I was dead sure the bike was going to pass through my street to the station.No phone no help, so I found myself at the station with tear pouring down my eyes. When I got to the station the two fellas asked me to seat behind the counter and left to continue their raid. With teary eyes I was trying to explain to one of the female officer and that she should look at my bag and see that I was studying, behold another slap came from the officer standing next to the female officer, then I realized I was not supposed to stay anything but to sit put. Sitting down and sobbing like a baby filled with rage, there came one other guy, though not on duty, he actually saw me when they brought me. He asked if I have a phone I should call my people, I told him I don't have one so he took me out to a nearby house where they happened to have a business center. I called my friend and told him to call my uncle, since my dad was not in town. After sitting in the biz center for a while I got bored brought out my book and began to read and the officer that brought me to make call walked up to me and for the first time asked me what happened. I explained everything to him, he was mad, he was like that was not how to make money. He has been telling his colleagues to stop harrasing innocent people and he then asked me to leave. I told him I couldn't because the officers are with my student id. In the middle of the gist I saw my uncle drove in I went to meet him and he was like who arrested you I told him the guys have gone out,most of the officers in the station were like Dr. what brought you? My uncle told them they arrested his son who has gone to study the officers around were apologetic, when the guys with my id walked in, and they were told by their senior officer to hand me my id and apologize to me they did. On our way out they were like Dr. at least give us money for fuel for bringing your boy to this place. My uncle was furious and he told them to take me back to where they picked me in the first place, though I never told my uncle they slapped me lol. But my friend ended up giving them 200 naira without my uncle noticing. That evening I prayed for them because I was hurt and filled with rage. One week later one of them nearly got killed by group of area boys along the rail line my street. I was pleased that he tasted what it feel like to be helpless if not for people around those guys would have killed him and his partner. his stupid partner bailed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landlocked Countries With High Success Rates In The World / 16 Qualities That Make Omoyele Sowore An Exceptional Presidential Candidate / Aishatu Dahiru Ahmed: Supreme Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Unseat Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.