Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,285 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story (12325 Views)

Buhari Pays Hospital Bill For Armed Robbery Victim (Photos) / Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan / Christmas Day Bomb Blast @ A Catholic Church In Mandala, Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by TonySpike: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2012
Narration Of A Kaduna Bomb-blast Victim On Sunday

This is an excerpt from the report in today's Vanguard Newspaper from a victim of Sunday's bomb-blast in Kaduna, Nigeria. In a working country, the narration of this man should be able to provide suitable information towards coercing evidence on the nature of the IEDs used for the attack.

One of them, Mallam Bala, 35, a Businessman, and father of a daughter spoke to Vanguard at the hospital, recalling his experience.

He said: “I was on my way home after purchasing some rolls of film for my camera. I was driving a Honda CRV jeep. My daughter had just completed her Q’uran recitation class and we were going to celebrate it. I had taken a turn from the Ahmadu Bello Stadium roundabout and was heading back home around 9:30am. I saw a Honda car flashing its hazard light and coming in the opposite direction on the other side of the lane. It was speeding. It was an ash coloured car. I noticed all this under a few seconds. Then at the junction of Sarduana crescent, as we approached each other from the different sides of the road, I suddenly saw the car blast into pieces followed by a loud explosion. The car behind him, was thrown into the air. Almost the same time my jeep was lifted into the air. Yes! My car was taken high into the air.

“Within that short period, I don’t know if it was in the air that I came out, or it was after it landed that I came out. But, my car did not fall upside down. I have the pictures.

“I was outside the car, my shirt was on fire but, my arm was affected more, as you can see. I think it was the fuel from the exploded car. When I gathered myself, I saw human beings lying dead. There were human parts all over the place. People were screaming and just running. Fire started in some areas. I was in pains. My handset, Driver’s License and wallet containing N180,000 were scattered on the ground. I had no strength to go for them. I saw someone take the wallet and just walk away. I could do nothing about it. The scene was too sorrowful to bother about those things. Right now, I am concerned about my health.

“The man that brought me here took my phone away, after he gave it to me to place a call to my wife. He and some people rescued me. But I still thanked him for helping me here. May Allah reward him. I thank God that I am responding to treatment. Not many like me got so lucky.

“I want to tell the people that are carrying out this cruelty to understand that they cannot be killing innocent people and think they are fighting for God. If they have an issue with the government, they should find ways of resolving it, and not take human lives. Since God created us as human beings, we have by no choice of ours become one human family. We must treat each other as such. It does not matter what you believe in. But, as a Muslim, I want to say that Allah has no place for such people in his Paradise.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/easter-sunday-bomb-blast-we-lost-100-members-okada-riders/

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by TonySpike: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2012
Sad and strange times in Nigeria,
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by otokx(m): 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2012
How can a wallet contain 180 000?

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by ak47mann(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
otokx: How can a wallet contain 180 000?
1000 naira note is possible......
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by purplekayc(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2012
How can a wallet contain 180 000?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smileyi wounder oooooo ,Maybe it is the new N5,000 notes he was using?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by badmrkt(m): 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
survival of the fittest. . .if you can't survive in this part of the world then you can't survive nowhere.
they keep telling us boko haram will meet their waterloo,but we're the ones kissing our early graves.
i miss my two buddies,when i asked about them they told me they've relocated to the cementery.RIP brovs!!!!
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Super1759: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2012
Even if ts 1000 naira note.t wil be 100 pieces dat makes a pack that's 100,000 then 80 pieces.which is even big to enta a pocket. Diss man is still recovering from the accident shaaa,mayb ts 1800 naira
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by OAM4J: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2012
ak47mann: 1000 naira note is possible......

What wallet can hold 180 N1000 notes?

Anyways, thank God he is alive to tell his story even if exaggerated.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by deshclones(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2012

lol...dude is still dazed from the blast impact...that explains his level of scatter yarning...kindly bear with him. wink wink wink
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by showstopa: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2012
So all you guys can haggle about is how much the wallet can contain. smh

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by omonla5: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
Maybe he referring to the small handbag that big men carry around.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Exponental(m): 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2012
he probably has dollars, pounds or euro equivalent.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Josh316(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2012
ak47mann: 1000 naira note is possible......

No vex, but not even N20,000 can enter one wallet even if u use N1000 notes. unless he's talking of the Value in dollars which is very possible
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by GboyegaD(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2012
How can people be so unkind? You see a dying person and the best thing you could do was to pick up the person's money and walk away not minding if he dies or not. I SMH for some people.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Slyr0x: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
showstopa: So all you guys can haggle about is how much the wallet can contain. smh

Exactly what I wanted to write. .
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by segunjowo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
Maybe the reporter meant to write N18,000. 180k is too much for a wallet. trust me. forget the denomination, I won't put a 180k in my wallet for any reason.
To the story: Am sure God is seeing everything happening in 9ja. Since he permits BH to bomb innocent Nigerians like that, there must be a good reason for it.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2012
GboyegaD: How can people be so unkind? You see a dying person and the best thing you could do was to pick up the person's money and walk away not minding if he dies or not. I SMH for some people.

What about the ones that are here debating the possibility of the man having N180k in his wallet or not...like that is all they got from the interview...Mcheewwwwww undecided
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Reptyle(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
GboyegaD: How can people be so unkind? You see a dying person and the best thing you could do was to pick up the person's money and walk away not minding if he dies or not. I SMH for some people.

What about the ones that are here debating the possibility of the man having N180k in his wallet or not...like that is all they got from the interview...Mcheewwwwww undecided
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by ak47mann(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
sorry my bad cool cool cool but it depend on the size of the wallet i think coolthank GOD he made it..................
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by asoebi(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
Maybe na goat skin bag him dey call wallet grin grin
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Pain(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2012
Sorry about the inflated N18K. I guess the impact of the bomb blew it into 180,000 pieces. I'm so so sorry son of islama[b]bad[/b]!
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by XFive: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2012
It is a pity to learn of the blast. May be he made a mistake by mentioning wallet, he actually wanted to say Ghana must go bag
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by question(m): 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
Check out this raw video seconds after the explosion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BXp1fyDSKE

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by anishe(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2012
Super1759: Even if ts 1000 naira note.t wil be 100 pieces dat makes a pack that's 100,000 then 80 pieces.which is even big to enta a pocket. Diss man is still recovering from the accident shaaa,mayb ts 1800 naira

you bad o
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by otokx(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
The one that made me laugh is when the guy said his phone was stolen after they allowed him to call his wife - just goes to show the evil mentality of the neighborhood wherein this blast occurred.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Deytorlha(f): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
Willy,ao can U b so cruel,dese BH r killin Nigerians regardless of ur religion. Do U av human feelins @ al?.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by TonySpike: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2012
For the blast to lift a car, the magnitude of force from the explosive must be great! We should perhaps, be looking at about an explosive power of 50~100 kg of TNT power. I wonder how these guys are able to make such a destructive explosive. Wicked souls!
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by theviper1: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
and the mallams are lobbying the us president and the house members that BH is nt a terrorist organization.i pray that they pack a lorry load of heavy TNT to the american embassy in Abuja and then they will realise that BH is as deadly as their alqueda cousins.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Finland(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
Tony Spike: Narration Of A Kaduna Bomb-blast Victim On Sunday

He said: “I was on my way home after purchasing some rolls of film for my camera./
Rolls of film for your camera at this digital age? Do people still use film with camera. A guy driving Honda CRV jeep should be civilized I think. I don't think this story is true.
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by Ninilowo(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
1000 notes by 100 pieces in 2packs. What are we talking about here?
Re: Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story by sigba(f): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
showstopa: So all you guys can haggle about is how much the wallet can contain. smh
I taya o! smh too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Adamawa: PDP Appeal Committee Clears Fintiri / Goodluck Jonathan Mourns Muhammad Ali / APC Governors Meet In Abuja, Seek Soft Landing For Buni, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.