Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship (17730 Views)

Can A Real Born Again Girl(+prayer Worrior) Be Romantic?? / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Rev. Okotie Romantic Relationship With Bode George's Wife Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2012
Fornication is fornication and sin is sin. Telling a small lie is the same as fornicating in the eyes of the Lord. So even if you save yourself for marriage but you tell your boss there was crazy traffic as the reason you showed up late for work,(Mean while your alarm failed you) you are not any better than a fornicator. No one has rights to judge. That's exclusively God's job.
Sex before marriage is so prevalent, it almost seems right and okay. But its not; going by scriptures but who are we to judge anyway.

A sex-free relationship takes two HONEST people(Not the one that one party will be getting pleasures from outside), and takes the grace of God. It is not impossible.

Id like one for myself because you can only truly love if you have the love of God in you. Tjis is the type of relationship I'd do anything to have. The one of self respect and love. Its a sacrifice and in the end, you will reap the fruits.

My two cents grin

1 Like

Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by honeric01(m): 6:01pm On Apr 15, 2012
jaylinaa: Fornication is fornication and sin is sin. Telling a small lie is the same as fornicating in the eyes of the Lord. So even if you save yourself for marriage but you tell your boss there was crazy traffic as the reason you showed up late for work,(Mean while your alarm failed you) you are not any better than a fornicator. No one has rights to judge. That's exclusively God's job.
Sex before marriage is so prevalent, it almost seems right and okay. But its not; going by scriptures but who are we to judge anyway.

A sex-free relationship takes two HONEST people(Not the one that one party will be getting pleasures from outside), and takes the grace of God. It is not impossible.

Id like one for myself because you can only truly love if you have the love of God in you. Tjis is the type of relationship I'd do anything to have. The one of self respect and love. Its a sacrifice and in the end, you will reap the fruits.

My two cents grin

you have none to share with us?
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by RedReact: 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
jaylinaa: Fornication is fornication and sin is sin. Telling a small lie is the same as fornicating in the eyes of the Lord. So even if you save yourself for marriage but you tell your boss there was crazy traffic as the reason you showed up late for work,(Mean while your alarm failed you) you are not any better than a fornicator. No one has rights to judge. That's exclusively God's job.

My two cents grin

Good one there, my dear. These days, emphases are placed on sexual sins than any other kind of sinful vices that are committed by us, human beings. The fact that fornication is not involved in a relationship does not mean it is righteous or holy. An elderly friend once told us how he was almost getting hooked to anger when he started courting his wife and he discovered that it was leading him to sin and so, had to quickly combat it. Mind you, it takes two righteous beings to float a righteous relationship but they have to remember that they are still human beings capable of making mistakes, and so will have to be careful about their relationship.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
honeric01:

you have none to share with us?

I'm afraid none.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
RedReact:

Good one there, my dear. These days, emphases are placed on sexual sins than any other kind of sinful vices that are committed by us, human beings. The fact that fornication is not involved in a relationship does not mean it is righteous or holy. An elderly friend once told us how he was almost getting hooked to anger when he started courting his wife and he discovered that it was leading him to sin and so, had to quickly combat it. Mind you, it takes two righteous beings to float a righteous relationship but they have to remember that they are still human beings capable of making mistakes, and so will have to be careful about their relationship.

Exactly.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by ralfo85(m): 1:49am On Apr 16, 2012
Your logic here in my opinion is wrong. There is no scripture that implies that having a passion for ones beloved is wrong, and neither is it fornication. I wonder what scripture you are refering to here. Christian couples can have healthy romance during courting, song of Solomon is proof of that; there you can see the fantasies and imaginative dialogs, even dreams the shulamite maiden had of are beloved. wink
logicboy:

Sex before marriage is almost impossible. Only few people can claim to be virgins on their wedding day. Even if soemeone did not have sex before marriage, how did the person get attracted to the partner? Didnt the person think of the partner sexually? Ehem that is fornication
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 6:29am On Apr 16, 2012
ralfo85: Your logic here in my opinion is wrong. There is no scripture that implies that having a passion for ones beloved is wrong, and neither is it fornication. I wonder what scripture you are refering to here. Christian couples can have healthy romance during courting, song of Solomon is proof of that; there you can see the fantasies and imaginative dialogs, even dreams the shulamite maiden had of are beloved. wink

Most christians dont read their bible.

Matthew 5:28

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

This is what makes relationships based on the bible very stupid. How can you choose a partner without thinking about intimacy when s.e.xual attraction is what makes us attracted to the opposite s.ex on the first place.

Contradictory to mathew 5;28;

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by wirinet(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2012
Logic boy
Thanks for showing us the passages, I had never read that part of the bible before. Pastors and priests usually bypass this portion and lots of others that do not serve their purpose.

So maybe the above verses are examples of a god centred relationship. Therefore bachelors now have biblical methods of getting wives. Just wait for the next SHILOH.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 16, 2012
logicboy:

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I bet we all try to interprete our bible passages in a way that's most convenient to us. Yes, there is an attraction but it doesn't have to be sexual. Wait, before you attack lol, there are different kinds of attraction and you saying it is sexual attraction that endears us in the first place might be you speaking for yourself. Just might.

I do not always look at an attractive man with thoughts of unleashing on bed. It could be thoughts like "oh, such a fine young man, would love to wake up to such a pleasant sight" or something like that. Really doesn't have to be sexual and even though I haven't read my bible back to back, I'm almost sure my maker sees no wrong in that
grin
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 9:45am On Apr 16, 2012
jaylinaa:
I bet we all try to interprete our bible passages in a way that's most convenient to us. Yes, there is an attraction but it doesn't have to be sexual. Wait, before you attack lol, there are different kinds of attraction and you saying it is sexual attraction that endears us in the first place might be you speaking for yourself. Just might.

I do not always look at an attractive man with thoughts of unleashing on bed. It could be thoughts like "oh, such a fine young man, would love to wake up to such a pleasant sight" or something like that. Really doesn't have to be sexual and even though I haven't read my bible back to back, I'm almost sure my maker sees no wrong in that
grin

I can understand that.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by madridsta007(m): 1:16am On Apr 17, 2012
Been following this for sometime and its been interesting the opinions here. Can one have a godly relationship with the opposite sex? Yes certainly. Can it be romantic and yet still godly? That's very certain. Can both couples control themselves and stay out from every desires of the flesh (especially fornication) during the period of courtship? Yes, that is very possible.

I would not want to be termed a bragger but for someone that has stayed away from fornication I can tell you that it is indeed possible. It takes God's grace, strength and your own will power. For the guys you need to be firm and show strength here. It is important that both couples agree that they intend to stay away from all appearances of sexual immorality. The Bible itself says that two cant work together unless they agree. And once that agreement has been made, they must set boundaries and both agree to remind the other about the set boundaries when the urge of temptation is great. Also remember that the cover of the dark is not the best time to see, to meet, to hug, to hold hands, to have dinner dates or to meet at all- the devil is like a roaring lion, seeking for godly relationships to devour.

It is wonderful, to be honest a godly relationship. More often than not, it leads to marriage and I know when married, you will be glad you waited. I dont know much about sex, but what I am sure of is that it is not as the world paints it to be.

1 Like

Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by oluite(f): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
I was very surprised after going through this thread to find that there are some young unmarried christian men who believe,understand and genuinely want to practice godly courtship!!I had almost concluded that christian men don't understand the bible's stand on godly courtship from my own experience.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by RedReact: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
oluite: I was very surprised after going through this thread to find that there are some young unmarried christian men who believe,understand and genuinely want to practice godly courtship!!I had almost concluded that christian men don't understand the bible's stand on godly courtship from my own experience.

Why did you say that?
Some many years ago (in the Bible), Elijah thought he was the only one serving the Livng God but the Almighty told him that He still had about 6000 ppl who had not prostituted themselves to Baal.
Nowadays, some ppl will pretend to be godly but all God's children will have to be careful and dependent on God's Spirit for He is the One that guides into all truth and also remember, 'by their fruits, you shall know them.'
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by RedReact: 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
logicboy:

This is what makes relationships based on the bible very stupid. How can you choose a partner without thinking about intimacy when s.e.xual attraction is what makes us attracted to the opposite s.ex on the first place.

Contradictory to mathew 5;28;

Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

There is a difference between love and lust. Your opinion is faulty because that passage is talking about lust and not love. Many a times, people fall into lust (it can happen to christians too caused it happened to me and some of my friends) and attribute it to love.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
RedReact:

There is a difference between love and lust. Your opinion is faulty because that passage is talking about lust and not love. Many a times, people fall into lust (it can happen to christians too caused it happened to me and some of my friends) and attribute it to love.

There is no difference between love and lust. Can any christian that is married say that he/she wasnt s.exually attracted to his/her parner when the first met? Do you get married to someone that you dont want to have sex with?

What is sexual attraction? LUST!
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Ishilove: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

There is no difference between love and lust. Can any christian that is married say that he/she wasnt s.exually attracted to his/her parner when the first met? Do you get married to someone that you dont want to have sex with?

What is sexual attraction? LUST!
Logicboy is sounding very illogical right now. You really do have rock bottom standards. Sheesh
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by wirinet(m): 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
There is a difference between love and lust, but common modern day interpretation does not distinguish between the two. In classical roman civilization, there are three kinds of love, namely éros, philios and agape, eros can be likened to lust, philios is brotherly/sisterly love and agape is spiritual love.

A romantic relationship is usually triggered by eros (at least in men), then it evolves to philios (non séxual relationship and ultimately evolves to agape love.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ishilove:
Logicboy is sounding very illogical right now. You really do have rock bottom standards. Sheesh

Back up your statement or you just look dull. sad
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
wirinet: There is a difference between love and lust, but common modern day interpretation does not distinguish between the two. In classical roman civilization, there are three kinds of love, namely éros, philios and agape, eros can be likened to lust, philios is brotherly/sisterly love and agape is spiritual love.

A romantic relationship is usually triggered by eros (at least in men), then it evolves to philios (non séxual relationship and ultimately evolves to agape love.

Philosophical bullcrap! Seriously, do you fall in love with someone that you are not s.exually attracted to? Please tell me, hypocrites.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by wirinet(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Philosophical bullcrap! Seriously, do you fall in love with someone that you are not s.exually attracted to? Please tell me, hypocrites.

Please re-read the post and so that you can comprehensive the logic. I never implied that you can be in a romantic relationship (love), without lust.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
wirinet: There is a difference between love and lust, but common modern day interpretation does not distinguish between the two. In classical roman civilization, there are three kinds of love, namely éros, philios and agape, eros can be likened to lust, philios is brotherly/sisterly love and agape is spiritual love.

A romantic relationship is usually [/b]triggered by eros ([b]at least in men), then it evolves to philios (non séxual relationship and ultimately evolves to agape love.

Sorry grin grin grin grin......the parts in bold were misleading!
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Ishilove: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2012
logicboy:

Back up your statement or you just look dull. sad
Nah,i'm done arguing and debating on NL 'cos its full of folks of ur ilk
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ishilove:
Nah,i'm done arguing and debating on NL 'cos its full of folks of ur ilk

Then why did you make that stupid claim if you arent ready to back it up?
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Ishilove: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

Then why did you make that stupid claim if you arent ready to back it up?
Logicboy free me abeg,I don't have your time. Jeez angry
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2012
Ishilove:
Logicboy free me abeg,I don't have your time. Jeez angry

lol....next time, dont start what you cant finish
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Ishilove: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

lol....next time, dont start what you cant finish
Whatever,dude. You bestride the religion section like a demon on a mission...what gives??! >-(
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by RedReact: 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ishilove:
Whatever,dude. You bestride the religion section like a demon on a mission...what gives??! >-(
I wud av u blamed 4 still replyin.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by logicboy: 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
Ishilove:

Tell me more, do demons have missions ?

Are you affected by my activities on Nairaland?

[img]http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/im-intrigued-tell-me-more.jpg[/img]
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by justsmile(f): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2012
baldman: @ HOneric01: If u have been kissing, hugging, cuddling, u are already half way into having intimacy and that means u are half-way away from the will of God ( The marriage bed undefiled). As noted by that poster that said he was working with one of the big 4, you will keep exploring deeper until the main thing happens. Apparently, ur reason for not having sex is not to please God but according to you, one just needs to find a strong reason.

@OP: The only way a relationship can be Godcentered and without sexual impurity is if both parties involved are genuinely born-again. If you two are just 'cool christians' you may end up doing it at some point because the flesh will fail u. If both of you are truly born-again, it is very possible, with the help of the holy spirit. If u make rules u may end up breaking or ammending them, but if you stick to the word of God and like in other areas of your lives, you allow it to direct your relationship, the waiting will be over before you know it.

Generally speaking, courtship should not last too long, people should not be involved in serious relationship with the opposite sex unless marriage (in the nearest future) is in the picture.

THIS MAKES SENSE!
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by oluite(f): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
RedReact:

Why did you say that?
Some many years ago (in the Bible), Elijah thought he was the only one serving the Livng God but the Almighty told him that He still had about 6000 ppl who had not prostituted themselves to Baal.
Nowadays, some ppl will pretend to be godly but all God's children will have to be careful and dependent on God's Spirit for He is the One that guides into all truth and also remember, 'by their fruits, you shall know them.'

Why? Experience
You have said it all despite the pretense and hypocrisy 'by their fruits, you shall truly know them'.
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

Tell me more, do demons have missions ?

Are you affected by my activities on Nairaland?

[img]http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/im-intrigued-tell-me-more.jpg[/img]
Sheesh
Re: Experiences On A God-centered Romantic Relationship by justsmile(f): 12:46pm On May 04, 2012
finallytalking:
That is how i courted and married in a God-centred relationship and now my wife says she does not like sex and we are locked in a sexless marriage..if i have to advice anyone..please forget all this rubbish and confirm sexual compatibility or else you might just find yourself in my situation (don't laugh at this please, mine is a true story)

sorry, but ur wife can not just hate sex over night. sure she liked it when you two just got married. if so, something probably went wrong. so why do you have a heart to heart talk with her and find-out why. it could be some hormonal inbalance, stress, worry, or even you..... yes you! so find out the problem. like someone said, 'the way you see a problem is the problem'. premarital sex is not a guarantee for sexual compatibility. thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Life In The Occult World / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.