Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Need A Car To Buy - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need A Car To Buy (1903 Views)

Do You Import Cars Or Have A Car To Sell? Talk To Us And Get Buyers Fast!! / Ship Your CAR To Nigeria! Containers, Roro And MORE! / Who Has A Car To Sell A Between 130-200k Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 11, 2012
There's one thing about this section that I realized

1. 99% of the contents are car advertisemensts and 1% auto advise
2. The probability of me getting help from you guys is 1%, very slim.

But I'll take my chances.

Long story short: My altima has done it's job and now I'm looking to buy a new car possibly by August. No, I'm not buying it from NL.

Problem: I don't know much about car varieties, so I'm not exactly sure which type of car I want.

Solution: I'll list a few characteristics I like in cars and I hope you ppl in this section can help A LOT, no a little, but A LOT!

Characteristics:

1) Very spacious interior
2) Large trunk. . . . I shop and travel between cities a lot, I need the space.
3) Leather interior, preferable black in color
4) big beautiful behind, like that of a Nissan altima. . . .infact better. Just nice rear. Nothing like Honda civics, that behind is ugly.
5) Good with traveling long distance.
6) The inside should have many compartments. . . i.e for drinks, cell phones etc
7) iPod compartment
cool Special looking gear shift. . . . like toyoya prius' and nissan sentra's gear shits. I love how simple they are
9) Special opening code. Like that of sentra. . . just standing next to the car with the key inside opens it.
10) USB outlet
11) touch screen radio station etc
12) Back up camera

etc.

If you can find that car for me, I'll be forver grateful.

List of cars I DO NOT WANT

1) Prius --> I don't like how tiny the space it. going from Altima to Prius killed me. the inside is so uncomfortable. No arm rest etc.

2) Altima --> I just want to try something new

3) Nissan Sentra --> Too small. Everything is too small, from the interior to the trunk. I don't like the small ikebe.

4) Anything volvo.

5) Anything flashy that would draw criminals

6) HUNDAI!

Does anyone know what a honda toyota is? My mom was suggesting that and I was like WTF? Aren't they different companies? undecided

Thanks!!
Re: Need A Car To Buy by acidtalk: 6:45am On Apr 11, 2012
iS a Toyota Sienna too big for your need?

Its kind of like fits the "speciousl emphasis of yours.

Or you could try a Nissan Pathfinder SUV.

By the way, since you have told them you aren't buying from Nairaland (them) don't expect much advise from awon moto sellers oh!

i
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2012

They're hurting their own business, don't they know that I might have connections and people willing to buy cars when they go to Nigeria?

LOL >>>>

You have a Very Long Compulsory Options/Specification and You seem Vast about Cars Already, Even many Car Dealers Dont know the Options You Dont want in Cars

I Personally Dont think You need anyone to Suggest You a Car to Buy, You Already know what you want. wink
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 13, 2012
^^^ Ehrrrm who modified my post without telling me?

Ileke-IdI:

LOL >>>>

You have a Very Long Compulsory Options/Specification and You seem Vast about Cars Already, Even many Car Dealers Dont know the Options You Dont want in Cars

I Personally Dont think You need anyone to Suggest You a Car to Buy, You Already know what you want. wink

Who is this?

If i knew what I wanted, I would not have made this topic.

I've changed my mind more than 2ce today. I need more options, not too much to ask.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by USAutoBuy(m): 12:51am On Apr 13, 2012
One Word:

Avalon!

2005/up
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 13, 2012
US-AutoBuy:
One Word:

Avalon!

2005/up

Looks pretty nice smiley

Exterior

Interior:

I'm not that crazy about the behind tho, not curvy enough

Trunk is not that big, but will do

What I don't like:

1. The instrumental panel. It looks too old version, not sophisticated enough. Have you been inside a mazda6? I love how the instrumental panel is designed and arranged. It's chrome-like slickness gives the car a very regal definition. avalon has none of that.

What I like:

1. All leather seats. . . .I'm sure a black interior would make the avalon a bit more favorable to me.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:32am On Apr 13, 2012
2012 Honda Pilot. You cant go wrong.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 13, 2012
davidylan: 2012 Honda Pilot. You cant go wrong.

David, is this a joke?

That car looks nice, for a man. I need something a little more feminine looking and student-friendly. Think of gas money smiley

With my old altima, I bought $50 gas/ bi-weekly (if I'm lucky, sometimes weekly).I drive 45 minutes on the highway every morning. I just can't imagine the gas cost for the Pilot.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

David, is this a joke?

That car looks nice, for a man. I need something a little more feminine looking and student-friendly. Think of gas money smiley

With my old altima, I bought $50 gas/ bi-weekly (if I'm lucky, sometimes weekly).I drive 45 minutes on the highway every morning. I just can't imagine the gas cost for the Pilot.

grin grin On the pilot its $70 gas bi-weekly if you are judicious with your driving but if you're travelling long distance then budget a lot oh.

have you tried the toyota RAV4 and the new honda crosstour? pretty nice cars.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 13, 2012
davidylan:

grin grin On the pilot its $70 gas bi-weekly if you are judicious with your driving but if you're travelling long distance then budget a lot oh.

have you tried the toyota RAV4 and the new honda crosstour? pretty nice cars.

Being judicious with driving lol. My 45mins driving out and another 45 mins driving back is something I can't change.
You guys have it lucky with the transportation system over there. A car is a desire, not a requirement for you embarassed

angry angry For the RAV4, it's like the H. Pilot. Looks high maintenance, high cost of gas, and God forbid if it needs to be repaired. David, are you trying to be mischievous here? undecided

Why do you think the crosstour is a nice car? If you have other reasons other than the way it's exteriorly design, I want to hear it. From the outside, it looks like a design mistake.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Being judicious with driving lol. My 45mins driving out and another 45 mins driving back is something I can't change.
You guys have it lucky with the transportation system over there. A car is a desire, not a requirement for you embarassed

I live in MI now, you HAVE to own a car else you stay home 24/7.

Ileke-IdI:

angry angry For the RAV4, it's like the H. Pilot. Looks high maintenance, high cost of gas, and God forbid if it needs to be repaired. David, are you trying to be mischievous here? undecided

Why do you think the crosstour is a nice car? If you have other reasons other than the way it's exteriorly design, I want to hear it. From the outside, it looks like a design mistake.

The RAV4 is not as bad in terms of gas mileage (about 27mpg highway). The crosstour is a nice looking car, you must be visually challenged. grin
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 13, 2012
davidylan:

I live in MI now, you HAVE to own a car else you stay home 24/7.

Gasp!! oh God!!! my worst nightmare.

so you understand our plague. The transportation system sucks, it's ridiculous.

I hope you enjoy your first summer here, you go suffer cheesy cheesy cheesy

davidylan:

The RAV4 is not as bad in terms of gas mileage (about 27mpg highway). The crosstour is a nice looking car, you must be visually challenged. grin

I want something designed for the feminine taste. You know, like a honda altima 2012 or a Nissan sentra.

I don't like how the crosstour is shaped from the middle to the back. . . . it's too downward. I just don't like it. The interior has nothing to speak of.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 13, 2012
Toyota Camry 2008. . . . one thing I don't favour in this car is the backlights. undecided

From Edmunds

Like nearly every Camry before it, the 2008 Toyota Camry is pleasant to drive and spacious enough to keep a family of four content wherever their travels take them. But although it's still a solid choice, other sedans better this segment titan in terms of overall performance and cabin refinement.

Pros

Expansive interior, powerful and fuel-efficient V6, plush ride quality, legendary reputation for reliability, top crash test scores, high resale value.

Cons

Inconsistent fit and finish, a few low-grade interior plastics, minimal steering feedback.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by dayokanu(m): 3:46am On Apr 13, 2012
I have dibs on your Altima ooo. How much you wan sell am. Lets talk business tomorrow

That was my first car in the US and it served me well before I shipped it to Naija. My brother dey use am do big boy for Naija now

Would you buy my current car? I am thinking of buying another one for my birthday in August
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 3:56am On Apr 13, 2012
dayokanu: I have dibs on your Altima ooo. How much you wan sell am. Lets talk business tomorrow

That was my first car in the US and it served me well before I shipped it to Naija. My brother dey use am do big boy for Naija now

Would you buy my current car? I am thinking of buying another one for my birthday in August

my altima is down, dayo. Finished. I spent $4000+ in one yr fixing it.

Tireplus was ripping me off, sucking my pocket dry. I went to a legit mechanic who told that it would unethical for him to fix it as a honest man, because the car would just break down again.

What's your current car again? T. Prius? No thanks tongue
Re: Need A Car To Buy by dayokanu(m): 4:01am On Apr 13, 2012
But why do you want to buy a brand new one?

Where are you going to get the money from and don't tell me car notes cos you are too young to be getting into gbese like that, think student loan, undergrad plus grad school

Well i take my car to the dealers directly and the fix it for me and also give me a loaner car to drive during the time.

You have seen my car before the black one which you said the plate number wasn't fine. The FX35
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 13, 2012
dayokanu: But why do you want to buy a brand new one?

Where are you going to get the money from and don't tell me car notes cos you are too young to be getting into gbese like that,

Well i take my car to the dealers directly and the fix it for me and also give me a loaner car to drive during the time.

You have seen my car before the black one which you said the plate number wasn't fine. The FX35

As of now, Ihave no loan. i'm schooling on grants and scholarship. I understand that grad school will not be as free or. . .

Thanks for putting me on blast dayo, but my financial position is not something I want to discuss on NL. And I do have a job, ya know.

anywaz, I'm thinking of leasing for 36 months, if I like the car, I'll buy it. If I don't, I'll change it.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by dayokanu(m): 4:22am On Apr 13, 2012
So whats the advantage of leasing over buying(car notes)
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 13, 2012
dayokanu: So whats the advantage of leasing over buying(car notes)

From what I've learned so far

Pros:

1) As a leaser, it's flexible for you to easily change cars after your contract is over. If you're the kind of person that likes new things (like me), it's a great advantage.

2) Payment amount depends on credit, however you basically are paying ALMOST the same as a purchaser.

3) If your car breaks down, you don't have to be stuck with it.

4) You test the car and if you decide on keeping it, you can.

Cons:

1) You're given a defined mileage, if you go over it, you pay per mileage.

2) You break something you fix it.

3) however, for 1 & 2, if you decide on signing another contract after the last one has ended, they wipe out your charges and fix the car themselves.

From what I'm seeing, I prefer leasing to buying so far.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by dayokanu(m): 4:39am On Apr 13, 2012
In my own view assuming you are paying $300 per month for a lease, why would you pay an amount and not own the property.

If you buy and are paying notes, you can easily trade in when you want new ones and the value of the car goes towards the cost of the new one
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 13, 2012
dayokanu: In my own view assuming you are paying $300 per month for a lease, why would you pay an amount and not own the property.

If you buy and are paying notes, you can easily trade in when you want new ones and the value of the car goes towards the cost of the new one

Remember, the price also depends on the car I'm leasing. I have a friend who had a great deal, she pays $160/mo.

Remember, if I decide to purchase the car that I'm leasing, I can easily request to buy it.

I'm not leasing just because of the price, I'm leasing because I fear something happening to the car in the next 2 years. I can lease the same car for as long as I want. If I decide to buy it, the amount I paid while leasing will be subtracted from the total of the car.

Trading in is not so easy. . . . the value of the car goes down dramatically once you drive it off the lot. Therefore the value might not even cover the new car I want.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 4:47am On Apr 13, 2012
PS: I'm not even sure if i'm leasing or buying yet. I'm still thinking about it. . .
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 13, 2012
Leasing a car is a waste of time. you pay the exact same amount you would be paying if you got a car note.
I have a car note myself (primarily to build credit towards buying a house in a yr or 2) and even though i dislike it, at least i know the beast is mine. I can also walk to the dealer and have him fix it on warranty for free!
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Remember, the price also depends on the car I'm leasing. I have a friend who had a great deal, she pays $160/mo.

Remember, if I decide to purchase the car that I'm leasing, I can easily request to buy it.

I'm not leasing just because of the price, I'm leasing because I fear something happening to the car in the next 2 years. I can lease the same car for as long as I want. If I decide to buy it, the amount I paid while leasing will be subtracted from the total of the car.

and if you decide not to buy? all you paid is practically lost.

Ileke-IdI:

Trading in is not so easy. . . . the value of the car goes down dramatically once you drive it off the lot. Therefore the value might not even cover the new car I want.

Depends on the car. The trade-in value for honda, benz, audi, BMW is still very good even after 2 yrs. Of course if you bought a Ford or hyundai... you're on your own.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
PS: I'm not even sure if i'm leasing or buying yet. I'm still thinking about it. . .

How good is your credit score? 500? 600 or 700?

I think your car should be bought and the notes can go towards building credit.

regarding your Altima, Whats the fault it has? what is the mileage on the car? And how much are you willing to sell it to me?

Personally, i dont think you need a brand new car buy a 2009 model with low miles like under 20k miles. You can get the Camry for around 10k

Its a reliable car, fuel efficient and the type a grad student would need. The notes shouldnt be killing too
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
davidylan:

and if you decide not to buy? all you paid is practically lost.

Well, that's true in a sense.

However, it depends on the car and the person. If the car is going through mechanical problem, then it's more of a gain than lost to be able to drop the car for another. If it's simply the leaser's desire to try another type of car, then in a sense, it's not a lost to them. It's an advantage.

davidylan:

Depends on the car. The trade-in value for honda, benz, audi, BMW is still very good even after 2 yrs. Of course if you bought a Ford or hyundai... you're on your own.

Yes, of course. Hyundai is a no no. I heard that fords are stepping up tho.

dayokanu:

How good is your credit score? 500? 600 or 700?

I think your car should be bought and the notes can go towards building credit.

regarding your Altima, Whats the fault it has? what is the mileage on the car? And how much are you willing to sell it to me?

Personally, i dont think you need a brand new car buy a 2009 model with low miles like under 20k miles. You can get the Camry for around 10k

Its a reliable car, fuel efficient and the type a grad student would need. The notes shouldnt be killing too

You're asking me questions (on the www) I wouldn't even divulge to anyone other than the person who gave birth to me.

But yea, I'm trying to strengthen my credit. . . . I've been building it up since with wachovia credit card.

1) I can also build up my credit by leasing.

2) I wasn't going to buy a 2012-2013 cars. . . something inbetween '08-'11. Less than 20k mileage.

3) Personally, I don't think I can deal with a used car again. But if I H.A.V.E to, It would have to be less than 20k mileage.

4) I'm not selling my altima lol. smiley
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 16, 2012
x
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
Making the discussion a US affair. wonder why u chose NL as the venue as against madison square grin
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

However, it depends on the car and the person. If the car is going through mechanical problem, then it's more of a gain than lost to be able to drop the car for another. If it's simply the leaser's desire to try another type of car, then in a sense, it's not a lost to them. It's an advantage.

Any car you buy should still have warranty to cover at least the first 2-3 yrs so mechanical problems will be practically be at the expense of your dealer. I still say its better to get a car note than to lease.

Ileke-IdI:

Yes, of course. Hyundai is a no no. I heard that fords are stepping up tho.

Yeah the latest Fords are doing good now. But first what is your estimated price range so we can better help you look?

Ileke-IdI:

2) I wasn't going to buy a 2012-2013 cars. . . something inbetween '08-'11. Less than 20k mileage.

3) Personally, I don't think I can deal with a used car again. But if I H.A.V.E to, It would have to be less than 20k mileage.

4) I'm not selling my altima lol. smiley

You dont want a used car again but you want a car from '08? grin Are you planning on getting one packed at the manufacturer's warehouse?
If you get used from a dealer, make sure it is "certified" used and no more than 25000 miles max. My truck is about 2 yrs old, 24000 miles when i bought it and still as good as new with all the bells and whistles, warranty e.t.c. With good retail value, i will be trading it in within the next 2 yrs for a brand new smaller car. Easy.

If you have the money then i would suggest going with a nice Lexus or Buick sedans. Good retail value and sexy female cars to boot.
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:49am On Apr 17, 2012
davidylan:

Any car you buy should still have warranty to cover at least the first 2-3 yrs so mechanical problems will be practically be at the expense of your dealer. I still say its better to get a car note than to lease.

Hmm, lemme ask if I have a warranty for my altima. But even if fixed, I dont want it again, I was something different grin

Yeah the latest Fords are doing good now. But first what is your estimated price range so we can better help you look?
Are you really helping me look? I don't think so, dafidi.
I'm trying to post as little information as I can.

You dont want a used car again but you want a car from '08?
To be honest, i don't even know what I want to do as of this point.
I made a mistake during my first car, I don't want to make another. I don't know if I should wait till I get into my professional field with a more professional pay to get a new one. But I need something that will last me up to 6 years, nothing more nothing less.

Are you planning on getting one packed at the manufacturer's warehouse?
Is this even possible? undecided

If you have the money then i would suggest going with a nice Lexus or Buick sedans. Good retail value and sexy female cars to boot.

Ehrrm, i don't like how the Lexus looks, and it's not lady-like at all.
The "butt" is too long, not curvy at all.
The interior and instrument panel has nothing to write home about. I've been inside a buick, when we were first searching that was the woman first got before i told her to return it. I don't know what the noise is about, that car is ugly.

If you get used from a dealer, make sure it is "certified" used and no more than 25000 miles max. My truck is about 2 yrs old, 24000 miles when i bought it and still as good as new with all the bells and whistles, warranty e.t.c. With good retail value, i will be trading it in within the next 2 yrs for a brand new smaller car. Easy.
How lucky of you.
Funny you did not mention which model/make your truck is grin
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:50am On Apr 17, 2012
toba: Making the discussion a US affair. wonder why u chose NL as the venue as against madison square grin

We have NL dealers who sell in the US too o. i.e inspired_m

And you really don't need to be in the US to talk "car". ara oko lol wink
Re: Need A Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

We have NL dealers who sell in the US too o. i.e inspired_m

And you really don't need to be in the US to talk "car". ara oko lol wink
SMH Is it me that this Ekiti Girl is calling Ara Oko? shocked

Don't tell me that the photograph that appears on ur profile is really you lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

A 2003 Camry (big Daddy) 4 Sale@ N880, 1st Body 08180324519 / 40ft Flatbed Trailer For SALE.......SOLD / 1999 Toyota Hiace Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.