Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 (5451 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Wolves: 10% (2 votes)
Arsenal: 85% (17 votes)
Draw: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Rubin Kazan Vs Chelsea: Europa League (3 - 2) On 11th April, 2013 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Wigan Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) On 11th April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 5:06am On Apr 11, 2012
Wolves boss Terry Connor has stressed any signs of disharmony at the club are simply indicators of how his players are trying to push each other on in their battle to beat the drop.

Things are looking increasingly desperate for the Barclays Premier League basement boys, whose 2-1 defeat at Stoke on Saturday - their sixth successive loss - meant they remained six points adrift of safety with only six games left.

The players' frustration at their plight appeared evident a week earlier when Wolves captain Roger Johnson and goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey squared up to each other on the field during the 3-2 home defeat to Bolton.

Following the Stoke match, their team-mate Stephen Ward said he did not feel there was "unrest'' in the camp, suggesting that with any struggling side there will be "a couple of spats here and there'' that are "nothing serious''.

Asked if there was any dressing-room unrest, Connor said: "No - there are demands made of each other.

"It is a strong dressing room with some characters in there, but it is just the demands they place on each other - on the pitch, on the training field and sometimes in the dressing room.

"They are not all going to have the same opinion.

"As I said last week, the spat between Roger and Wayne was two players on the pitch heated, sweating, wanting their team to win and having a disagreement.

"Personally, I don't like to see it done in public, but it does happen.

"As long as we resolve that, move on from there and the players are fine with each other, that is all you can ask.''

Johnson was dropped to the bench for the Stoke game - the armband being passed back to fit-again midfielder Karl Henry, who had been stripped of it last summer - and it remains to be seen whether or not the defender will be restored to the side against Arsenal.

Connor says the decision to demote Johnson was made with "no malice'' and insists the flare-up with Hennessey had no bearing upon it.

"I dropped him because I wanted a performance against Stoke with certain players playing in certain positions,'' Connor said.

"That is the reason Roger did not play - nothing other than that.

"You look at the opposition, you see what they have to offer, you look at your own players, you review the previous week's performance, you watch how they are in training and you make a judgment come the end of the week about what you want to put out on the pitch.''

Mikel Arteta has insisted Arsenal have had enough wake-up calls against so-called lesser opponents this season to take nothing for granted at Wolves.

The Gunners are red-hot favourites to tighten further their grip on the Barclays Premier League's third and final automatic Champions League spot when they travel to Molineux.

Rock-bottom Wolves have lost their last six matches, while Arsenal have won seven of their last eight.

But the one blip in that spell came at QPR just over a week ago, the latest shock defeat for Arsene Wenger's men away from home this season following surprise setbacks at Blackburn, Fulham and Swansea.

Arteta said: "I don't think it will be easy at Wolves. We have some good examples this year when we have dropped points against teams near the bottom.

"We have to go there with the right mentality and the right approach and sense of pride.

"When you're playing away from home, there are no easy games in the Premier League.''

The sentiments of Arteta, who has been key to Arsenal's resurgence in the last month and a half and netted the winner in Sunday's 1-0 win over Manchester City, were echoed in the most recent programme notes of captain Robin van Persie.

Van Persie wrote: "I remember when - without being disrespectful - I first arrived here, there were some games when I was thinking less about whether we would win or not and more about who would score for us and how many we would get.

"There were some games like that in my first couple of years, but those days are 100% finished because the so-called smaller teams have improved so much. Look at the league table, there are battles all the way down.

"That QPR game was a wake-up call for us. I don't believe that we didn't work hard, because I have seen the stats and we did work hard physically, but everyone realises you need to be 100% against every single team, or you will be punished.''

A win would take Arsenal - who are without the suspended Laurent Koscielny - five points clear of Tottenham and Newcastle in the race to finish best of the rest behind the Manchester clubs.

Match
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by sicily4u: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2012
Nawaa for you mukina U be racism , na only arsenal get match today for England, why u come put only arsenal for front page ?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by Canisma(m): 9:43am On Apr 11, 2012
sicily4u: Nawaa for you mukina U be racism , na only arsenal get match today for England, why u come put only arsenal for front page ?
sicily4u: Nawaa for you mukina U be racism , na only arsenal get match today for England, why u come put only arsenal for front page ?

Arsenal match is the only meaningful match today.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by oluoma1: 10:12am On Apr 11, 2012
I don't enter here again' first and foremost who is dis Mukina sef, i dey ask cos every first post na Mukina. Ok now am here to challenge u, u knw whot, dis matter na spiritual one no be physical, ok, for dat Arsenal will win dem by 3 or 2 goals to 1. Weda u lik it or not, i knw y u said dis is cos u're a Chelsea fan, u wil c whot i meant by spiritual challenge. Mukina ur my person don't mind meoo
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by Merlintino(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2012
Wolve against arsenal will b a tough game but arsenal will emerge victorous. And Van P,will regain his scoring boot.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by coderXO(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2012
COYG!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by bonna4u(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2012
Arsenal is winning this one. Mr Chukwudi(wolves manager) and his boys will continue on their losing streak.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by ADAADA1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
it,s not of him that willeth nor him that runeth but of the LORD that showeth mercy. and i know by his mercy , by his grace , gunner will come out with 3 goals to nothing . go arsenal go the gunners . make me proud by God grace.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by lexus1: 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
Arsenal win this one[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by emmke(m): 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
koscielny suspended. I guess we'll be seeing a certain calamitous djourou. Outscoring wolves is now the only option cos clean sheet is out of the question.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by tchaik(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
WTF!!!!
What has racism got to do with arsenal!!!!!
Are you a spud in disguise?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by tchaik(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2012
ADA---ADA:
it,s not of him that willeth nor him that runeth but of the LORD that showeth mercy. and i know by his mercy , by his grace , gunner will come out with 3 goals to nothing . go arsenal go the gunners . make me proud by God grace.
Arsenal will win quite alright, but what has God got to do with it?
Personally, I think he has more serious issues to look into.
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
ramsey! angry
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
game on!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
ramsey + JD lipsrsealed sad
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
nice one sagna

see this spuds mercenary bassong shioor dem send you?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
good van persie
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by Vieira(m): 7:51pm On Apr 11, 2012
any stream?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
uhmph theo . .

wait lemme find one for you
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
red card for spuds mercenary bassong grin cheesy cheesy

and a penalty for arsenal
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
damn my captain is goood

gooaaaal!!!!!!!1 smiley
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
gooall theo scores

2 - 0
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by emmke(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
a stroll in the park
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by dotcomnamename: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
Any nice stream pls for Arsenal game
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by Vieira(m): 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
I don find one wey i dey manage. Why would sky not show this??
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by Vieira(m): 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by dotcomnamename: 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mukina pls oooo, any corect stream for arsenal?
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
JD take your time o . .

doyle behave yasef nor wound arteta oh

freekick to arsenal ball back to wolves keeper
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
nice passing ball, song's end ball was too strong theo could not get there in time..

game on!!!
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
first corner for wolves ..
Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11th April 2012 by mukina2: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
song biko calm down . .we do not need cards

stearman wants to break rvp's leg . .

lol song dey vex for hin captain cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Juventus V Bayern Munich - UCL (0 - 2) On 10th April 2013 / Arsenal Completes Signing Of Thierry Henry On Loan / Left Footers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.