Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

991 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 991 (11026 Views)

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. / Am I Misunderstood Or A Rude And Disrespectful Person? / Stop Emailing Strangers Nairaland Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

991 by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2012

3 Likes

Re: 991 by Killz1(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2012
It's a well known fact that most strange men take a detrimental advantage over the women that supposedly help them out. . . Everyone is being cautious. If you are lost and can't find your way, it's best you ask traffic wardens, or okada riders, to avoid embarrassment. . .

By the way, what is Romantic about this topic?

4 Likes

Re: 991 by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2012
bros na shakara dey cause am.

1 Like

Re: 991 by stephen121(f): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2012
Girls dey fear for their life o. The issue of ritualists in our society is becoming rampant. They dont want to be a victim. They are being careful about talking to strangers. It's not as if they are rude. They are just being careful

2 Likes

Re: 991 by illuminati9: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2012
that was really embarrassing, me am selective on who i ask for address because most of our women are like that. its better to ask older women(mothers) they will give you direction with open heart.

1 Like

Re: 991 by niki6(f): 10:14am On Apr 11, 2012
stephen121: Girls dey fear for their life o. The issue of ritualists in our society is becoming rampant. They dont want to be a victim. They are being careful about talking to strangers. It's not as if they are rude. They are just being careful
exactly. Being nice could turn out to b harmful
Re: 991 by warrior101: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2012
stephen121: Girls dey fear for their life o. The issue of ritualists in our society is becoming rampant. They dont want to be a victim. They are being careful about talking to strangers. It's not as if they are rude. They are just being careful

Fear for morning become howl/bat for night?
Re: 991 by born2boink(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2012
One girl nearly slap me on top of toasting her, I kuku no dey shame for,na dat time I come shout say make everybody see say I dey toast am, na im those bros for the area dey shou gree for am now! Gree forr am now, the girl legs nearly nak each other,me self begin boast into life,
Re: 991 by Scash(f): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2012
Was it in an ibo state?
Re: 991 by dabrake(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
so men and the elderly ones who will eventually answer him are not supposed to be scared for their lives shey? Very fallacious.
Re: 991 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2012
na shakara
Re: 991 by AreaFada2: 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Girls can be quite rude when you need their help. I often take my time to help them. Think it could be my sister, wife or mum needing help from others too.

Don't even try it in Islamic areas.
Not only in Naija. Increasingly in the West too. Not unconnected with the politics of immigration on Western TV daily.
Re: 991 by babaowo: 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
991: I have noticed this incorrect social behaviour of young women towards men. When you stop a girl to ask her maybe the name of a street or the house No. you are looking for, she would first look at you from head to toe then walk away snobbishly, and some of them wouldn’t even give you attention. Just yesterday I was lost in a strange location and I tried asking passers-by to give me direction to my destination, I got the worst snub of my life-time just for asking for help.
The first person I saw was a girl in her late 20s I said ‘hello excuse me’ she just glanced at me and walked away, so embarrassing and I wonder why they have this rude behaviour towards men?
.... Why only you always? U need to check your outlook,or your manner of aproach.

1 Like

Re: 991 by eghost247(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2012
Caution

1 Like

Re: 991 by mygsmnairacom(m): 2:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
This is only natural. We know there are too many bad folks out there. In fact, I suggest men should also be wary of responding to strangers.
Re: 991 by Sloweyez(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2012
Most of dem go wif nagative thoughts, dat u want or will ask em 4 frndshp, such arogant behaviour is rampant here in africa xpecially 9ja, it's nt lyk dat in oda developd countries. Life it's self is a teacher hope u've learnt ur lesson?

1 Like

Re: 991 by abubaka101: 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
991: I have noticed this incorrect social behaviour of young women towards men. When you stop a girl to ask her maybe the name of a street or the house No. you are looking for, she would first look at you from head to toe then walk away snobbishly, and some of them wouldn’t even give you attention. Just yesterday I was lost in a strange location and I tried asking passers-by to give me direction to my destination, I got the worst snub of my life-time just for asking for help.
The first person I saw was a girl in her late 20s I said ‘hello excuse me’ she just glanced at me and walked away, so embarrassing and I wonder why they have this rude behaviour towards men?
U should'nt hav said that, u should hav said maybe "sorry, am lost, wat street is dis", because most girls hav grown accustomed to the words "hello" "excuse me". If u tell a stranger, who is a girl that, she'll be thinking maybe ur trying to toast her or sumtin.
I really don't find it funny when girls do dis, cos its rude and stupid, it makes me hate'em.

1 Like

Re: 991 by omosexy1: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
Next time just go straight to the point rather than say excuse me. Just shoot your question
Re: 991 by AmakaG29(f): 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
We've been taught not to talk to strangers. The world has become a dangerous and scary place. I have to admit I tend to ignore men because when I am responsive they think I am interested in them. Most of the time when men speak to me in the streets there is a sexual agenda, which embarrasses and frightens me. I try my best to gauge the person's intentions from body language and manner of approach. Now that you bring it up, I'll make an honest effort to be more polite. All I ask is that in the same vein men stop harassing me in the streets. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 991 by emsquare(m): 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2012
illuminati9: that was really embarrassing, me am selective on who i ask for address because most of our women are like that. its better to ask older women(mothers) they will give you direction with open heart.

Well said!
Re: 991 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2012

You notice this because you are a nice guy grin - have you noticed they answer you nicely if you look well-dressed, smell rich or look intimidating and more likely to cause them harm if they don't answer you grin

1 Like

Re: 991 by tpia5: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2012
from the same poster

Is It A Crime To Impregnate A Woman Out Of Wedlock?

https://www.nairaland.com/889036/it-crime-impregnate-woman-out
Re: 991 by jify(f): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
i am guilty of this crime, i was rude to someone yesterday just for asking me to adjust in a bus and throughout the ride, i had to deal with guilty conscience until the man finally dropped. it is probably in our mentality cos i kept asking myself y i was rude to him in the first place.

1 Like

Re: 991 by kay9(m): 4:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
Abeg jor, mak i hear word! Wtf is it with all these ''we are trained not to talk to strangers'' bull? I suppose y'all plan to marry your brothers and cousins.

Mtscheww, noyn-sense. Mr. OP says the lil she-monkey took the time to look him up good-n-proper before strutting off - of course he may be exaggerating, but thats the story we're analyzing. Now pardon me folks, but that dont look to me like the actions of someone ''fearing for her life''; in fact it sounds more like someone who's choked full of herself, like a friggin' peacock, and consequently cant help strutting around (pardon the repetition), patronisingly looking down on lesser folk...in other words, our dear OP. grin

1 Like

Re: 991 by deloon(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
I hardly ask ladies for help. I'm scared I might hit them or something when they put up that stupid act of theirs. I dont toast ladies on the streets either for similar reasons. I'm just allergic to bullshyte.

1 Like

Re: 991 by hajifaty: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
@topic, these girls are cranky and stupid. I don't understand why 9ja girls are so rude. The funniest part of it is that most of these girls r not well educated or pretty. Especially all these chewin gum bb girls. I dont talk to nigerian girls cuz they aint ready to learn. Eccentric pple.....
Re: 991 by Johnnny(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
jify: i am guilty of this crime, i was rude to someone yesterday just for asking me to adjust in a bus and throughout the ride, i had to deal with guilty conscience until the man finally dropped. it is probably in our mentality cos i kept asking myself y i was rude to him in the first place.

Same happened to me the other day in the bus, I was sitting behind this fair complexioned babe in the bus and her blouse started riding up her waist maybe because of the way she was sitting, to an extent that all of us sitting on the seat behind her could see the hollow of her butt, no pants and all, so I thought is embarrassing for a lady to be so exposed and tapped her on the shoulder, but her expression was like, Who the hell are you! I had to swallow saliva twice before I could stammer out that she should adjust her sitting position, even at that she just flared at me - What do you mean? What's your problem?.

Well before I could speak again, the woman sitting beside me took over on my behalf and the issue became a war of words, I just shook my head and kept quiet
Re: 991 by Kenyy: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
omosexy1: Next time just go straight to the point rather than say excuse me. Just shoot your question

You Said It All. Something Like These:
1. "Hello, Please, Where Can I Get A Bus Going To Nairaland?"
2. "Good Afternoon, Please, What Is The Official Designate Of Seun, The Brain Behind Nairaland?,etc.
Re: 991 by dabrake(m): 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
About 4mnths ago when I was at abc owerri park, I sat close to a rankless military nigga. Soon, he stood up to ease himself, urging me to protect his seat. In less than 4mins, one igbo genevieve wannabe walked up to where I was sitting, moved to the man's seat so I humbly told her that someone is there. Omo, see imaginary annoyance. A very rude "did I ask you?. . . BTW, did they write his name here. . . Even if it's Obama, I have a right to do whatever I want to?" was what I got. I was suprised, sufficiently annoyed but refused to express it. Soon the army guy came and was like "but I told you to protect my seat". I had a better response but I wanted the girl to pay for her rudeness so I told him "I told her but . . .". Then I added exactly all she said to me. I never see that kain beating before. The army guy beat the girl like sey she thief bbPorshe/iPad2. Me dey there dey laugh dey listen 2 my gbedu.

2 Likes

Re: 991 by dabrake(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
tpia@:
from the same poster

very daft. You brain will be auctioned for at a very rich price cos it's largely unused. Now what's the correlation?
Re: 991 by freshmoney(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2012

You fu.c.k up! Which kain car you drive that day? Or do you walk up to her? Next time, try get/rent a range rover and ask any Naija girl, I mean any Naija girl!!! Na once she go answer you. She'll answer you within a blinking of an eye! They're only rude to guys that are penniless. All they want is money, brazilian hair, bb porsche and may be a car. wink

2 Likes

Re: 991 by shadrach77: 4:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
there is no excuse for rudeness - it's a known fact that most 9ja ladies are rude but i've observed that it's mostly the village girls who are rude. Enlightened ladies will never be rude to you when you need help. They've learnt to take everyone at face value tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age?? / The Mimzification / Should I Ban Afeni Permanently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.