Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? (3845 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2012
What if i had followed the golden rule all my life and treated nobody badly. Can your merciful god still throw me into the everlasting hellfire with evildoers because i just didn't acknowledge him?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 12:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
No man can come to God except through Jesus Christ.
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11:6).
You MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS, no shortcut.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
John 3:16(KJV)
 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 8:26-39 (not all verses picked) (KJV)
 27And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

30And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.'

Abiding by the 'golden rule' without Jesus is void. He is the only One that can make you abide by it as God wants.
Please make use of this golden opportunity believe in Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2012
but how do i believe?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
@Logicmind,

1.Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)
 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2. Acts 8:36-37
36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

3. 1 John 2:3-6 (KJV)
 3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
so an ignorant sinner that sinned all his life, did abominations and all, confesses and accepts jesus before he dies will go to heaven but a good man who does not believe will be cast in hell fire?

my mind has difficulty with this. please help me understand.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Sweetnecta: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^ The christians are saying that you will only get to God through Jesus. They call him His son, so you really don't go to heaven by their account, unless God lives in christian heaven and they will become His neighbors by it.

You logic mind wants to go to heaven not necessarily to God, unless God lives in the heaven that you have in your mind.

But God is the Creator of Paradise, Hell, heavens [7 layers of heaven] and Angels who are not on earth. It seems to me that heavens therefore contain many things, including Paradise and Hell.

To want to go to heaven, one may end up in hell. So it is safe to be destination specific.

But what if God does not live in heavens, but exists instead beyond/outside all creations [heavens, whatever you think of it are/[is] part of creations]?

The christians may be just as wrong about God, Paradise as much as the atheist; you mr. logic mind.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by logicboy: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Logic Mind: so an ignorant sinner that sinned all his life, did abominations and all, confesses and accepts jesus before he dies will go to heaven but a good man who does not believe will be cast in hell fire?

Christianity is idiotic. Christians are selfish, they believe that only them have a license to sin but can still go to heaven with unlimited forgiveness licence from Jesus. A muslim/atheist/agnostic can live a saintly life but will go to hell. How crazy

To all Nigerians, are you saying that ALL your ancestors from they 15th century and earlier are in hell? Are you saying that Ghandi is in hell? These people didnt believe in God. Ghandi was a saint for his people.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2012
Logic Mind: so an ignorant sinner that sinned all his life, did abominations and all, confesses and accepts jesus before he dies will go to heaven but a good man who does not believe will be cast in hell fire?

Ephesians 2:8-10 (KJV)
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Romans 5:14-15
 14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Romans 3:10 (KJV)
10As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

Romans 3:20-27 (KJV)
 20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
^i'm 'feeling' you all the way.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by logicboy: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
Image123: ^i'm 'feeling' you all the way.

Cheerleading much?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2012
Snowwy with all due respect, wtf was that?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2012
definitely not a reply, not even an attempt to answer your questions... they're too straightforward....
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
Logic Mind: Snowwy with all due respect, wtf what was that?
The Word you claim to seek.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ah ah ah.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by buzugee(m): 2:57am On Apr 12, 2012
yes you will go to heaven if you reject God, only because you are part of the cursed race on earth (israelite). but not without first getting purified in 10000000 degrees thermonuclear fire. the heat will refine you and bring you back to your senses and then you will be accepted into heaven.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 5:41am On Apr 12, 2012
Isn't it ironic that you believe in heaven that you have never seen yet you refuse to believe in God whose kingdom is heaven.
shocked
Please how did you even come about your belief in heaven in the first place?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 10:03am On Apr 12, 2012
Snowwy: Isn't it ironic that you believe in heaven that you have never seen yet you refuse to believe in God whose kingdom is heaven.
shocked
Please how did you even come about your belief in heaven in the first place?

what is this snowwy?
you, (not me), believe in heaven and god and would love to convert me to your belief because that is what your gospel requires of you as a soldier of christ.
i can tell you that i'm tempted to be converted however i have a few things that borther me and am only seeking clarification from those that profess to know.

your answers might make sense to members of your congregation but to a layman like me, it just sounds gibberish. maybe that's you people call "speaking in tongues" but with all due respect, my question were simple enough and a simpler answer would have been sufficient.

from what i can decipher from your responses, it is impossible for me to reach this heaven of yours except i believe in god, which means, as logicboy has pointed out, that none of my ancestors would be there. I am still at a loss as to what i will gain from your heaven when the very people whose suffering, endurance and hardwork made my existence possible, are burning in hell fire for ever, and ever, and ever, and ever...and ever, and ever.

please help me understand. may the holy spirit guide you.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2012
Logic Mind:

what is this snowwy?
you, (not me), believe in heaven and god and would love to convert me to your belief because that is what your gospel requires of you as a soldier of christ.
i can tell you that i'm tempted to be converted however i have a few things that borther me and am only seeking clarification from those that profess to know.

your answers might make sense to members of your congregation but to a layman like me, it just sounds gibberish. maybe that's you people call "speaking in tongues" but with all due respect, my question were simple enough and a simpler answer would have been sufficient.

from what i can decipher from your responses, it is impossible for me to reach this heaven of yours except i believe in god, which means, as logicboy has pointed out, that none of my ancestors would be there. I am still at a loss as to what i will gain from your heaven when the very people whose suffering, endurance and hardwork made my existence possible, are burning in hell fire for ever, and ever, and ever, and ever...and ever, and ever.

please help me understand. may the holy spirit guide you.

Your question of heaven showed like you believed in heaven and not God. Nice that you are telling me that the Holy Spirit will guide me. Lol. God is really working on you.

You already understand the respomses since you have gained that you cannot get to heaven unless you believe in the ALmighty God who has a Son Jesus Christ.

Your ancestors who have died before Jesus came or who did not hear of Jesus will be judged by the works of their hands and their conscience.

Romans 2:14-16 (KJV)

14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink

Even people who did not know the law knew when they were doing bad or good and their conscience was the 'police'.

However for those who hear of Jesus and reject Him, that is another matter o.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Idango(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2012
You atheists think if you don't profess a belief in God , then no God will hold you accountable, you are wrong, you are deluded and confused. Whether you believe in God's existence or not , you will give account of your life on earth at the judgement and you will face the one you have despised.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by jmoore(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2012
@logicmind, are you a righteous man? First question, have you fornicated before?
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore: @logicmind, are you a righteous man? First question, have you fornicated before?

yes i am very righteous. i self-service and also ffuck many poosies, if you know what i mean. sometimes i lie for the ultimate good. i go to gay bars and have lesbian friends. i don't go to church and i drink like hell most weekends. however i don't harm other people. i try to treat everybody the way i wish to be treated. i believe this makes me righteous and if there is a god who wishes to punish me because i don't shout espiritus heavinus every sunday, then all i can say is ffuck him.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
Snowwy:

Your ancestors who have died before Jesus came or who did not hear of Jesus will be judged by the works of their hands and their conscience.

lucky them.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 1:39pm On Apr 12, 2012
Idango: You atheists think if you don't profess a belief in God , then no God will hold you accountable, you are wrong, you are deluded and confused. Whether you believe in God's existence or not , you will give account of your life on earth at the judgement and you will face the one you have despised.

you got it wrong. it's the other way round.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by Snowwy: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
^^^^^
Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by jmoore(m): 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
Logic Mind:

yes i am very righteous. i self-service and also ffuck many poosies, if you know what i mean. sometimes i lie for the ultimate good. i go to gay bars and have lesbian friends. i don't go to church and i drink like hell most weekends. however i don't harm other people. i try to treat everybody the way i wish to be treated. i believe this makes me righteous and if there is a god who wishes to punish me because i don't shout espiritus heavinus every sunday, then all i can say is ffuck him.

well, osama bin laden will also claim to be righteous too.

You are not righteous, it is obvious your topic is meant to mock God.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 2:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
Snowwy: ^^^^^
Galatians 5:19-21 (KJV)

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

well then, tell him to go ffuck himself
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by rastamouse: 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
^^^May the LORD forgive you because it is obvious that you don't know what you are doing. Do you have any idea that the same GOD that you are so happily insulting will judge you someday? http://heavenandhellstories..com/
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore:

well, osama bin laden will also claim to be righteous too.

You are not righteous, it is obvious your topic is meant to mock God.

no i disagree. osama bin laden harmed and planned the murder of people. I make sure I do not harm people in all my endeavours because i wouldn't want others to harm me. That to me is righteous but respect your right to disagree.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
rastamouse: ^^^May the LORD forgive you because it is obvious that you don't know what you are doing. Do you have any idea that the same GOD that you are so happily insulting will judge you someday? http://heavenandhellstories..com/

You don't say!
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by jmoore(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
Logic Mind:

no i disagree. osama bin laden harmed and planned the murder of people. I make sure I do not harm people in all my endeavours because i wouldn't want others to harm me. That to me is righteous but respect your right to disagree.

to osama, he was doing what is right to his own conscience.
Re: Can I Still Go To Heaven Even If I Don't Believe In God? by LogicMind: 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
jmoore:

to osama, he was doing what is right to his own conscience.

so non-believers get in your world, the same consideration as terrorists?

praise tha lawd indeed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Reform: The Need Of The Hour For Greater Nigeria / When It Rains, Is It A Sin Not To Go To Church? / Generational Curse Is The Cause Of Unending Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.