Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25064 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by eyenCalabar(m): 9:54am On Apr 13, 2012
faithlv:
Hello Dear,
My name is Faith.I will be very happy if you can write me direct to my email address at (faithzangura@ymail.com) for easy communication so that we can know each other, I will give you my pictures and details about me upon hearing from you. Waiting for your response as I wish you all the best.

Yours new friend,
Faith

please
reply to (faithzangura@ymail.com for immediate responds and not on this site for i will not always be here

What do u want her to mail u for? You are not even a man to start with. Abi u wan person to dey finger? Lessy girl!!!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by pdpiperpippen: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2012
Akpan107: Well said!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Dosoq(f): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2012
Dear poster,i'l like 2 let u know dat u r lady of virtue,u av 2 see ur self as an asset,ppl av said it al,u nid 2 bliv in urself n work more on ur weaknesses,mak sure u'r a value 2 urself,n definately,u'l meet anoda value lik urs n u'l complement each oda,Girl,u r more valuable dan GOLD.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nayah(f): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2012
Dosoq: Dear poster,i'l like 2 let u know dat u r lady of virtue,u av 2 see ur self as an asset,ppl av said it al,u nid 2 bliv in urself n work more on ur weaknesses,mak sure u'r a value 2 urself,n definately,u'l meet anoda value lik urs n u'l complement each oda,Girl,u r more valuable dan GOLD.
Beautiful message!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by strangerf: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
@OP, what do you look like? Do you have tribal marks?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by stepo707: 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2012
I guess you are looking for a super rich guy thats why you are still single.I doubt if you are in any relationship at the moment.Something must be wrong with you
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Shakaracom(f): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hi am cassy and am intrested in you or any girl hus ready to get married cos am also looking for a wife. Pls enibody hus intrested shuld call me on 08133602444: or email me at minsphilosophy@yahoo.com
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by kaykad: 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
So impressed dis tread has grown large.it show ladis and gentlemen are wiling to start up a family,but the fear of unknown and picking the right partner is behind the reason most are still not married. If you fail in a relationship pls learn ur lesson and move on.if u have a job look 4 a guy with potentials, he might not hav a job yet but mak sure he is litrate, study the kind of life style he lives, u wil knw him better wit d kind of friend he rolls wit.his relatioship wit baba G0d. Pray.spend time wit one anoder mak lov not hav sex.hopefuly he will be urs if not he is just anoder losser
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Vergil: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?

Nah, they just finding/discovering extremely nice alternatives. When the Nige girls say no, these alternatives show up and pleases them more. The other men, then follows along. Looking specifically for these alternatives.

Simple!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2012
StateOfMind:

And you say the above reasons are silly

1. it becomes absolutely silly when the woman eventually get old and depressed, then she comes to NL asking for advice on how to get married.
2. those are silly of excuses because non(of the excuses) prevents a woman from accepting a man's hand in marriage while still young.

bring it on.....
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by kemerific(m): 10:35am On Apr 14, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?
God's time is the best!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Winner11: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
Dear Onegai, I like your post, av been trying to meet a responsible lay here who can accept me for what I am. You may not be the one but at least I will like to be your friend may be we can start somewhere. Can you pls call me or text me ONEGAI I will call you back. Your post here is a reflection of your mind. Will like to talk to you soon.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Stargirl36(f): 12:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetheart, u r two young to disturb ur self on dis, pls just relaxs ok, u will met ur heart desire, leave all thoes fools dat calls dem self guys, anybody dat laugh at u jt 4get dem, cos dey melt end up marry a wrong woman as wife
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Amaechi1985: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
I guess the problem is from u because ur character about opposite sex matters be careful and pray for ur time dear.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by chuks6000: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2012
Your 17, 18, 19 don shack you finish. Now you are crying 4 husband at 28 sorry. Try and mend your ways.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by valdubem(m): 9:42pm On May 20, 2012
must you marry? Being a reverend sister isn't a bad idea at-all
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by pcicero(m): 3:37pm On May 28, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?

No sister, we have not turned gay. But you, yes You (and by you I mean ladies) are responsible for this social malaise. When we ask for your contacts (even on NL), no show. How can we develop a relationship?
Some of you are too materialistic, you make unnecessary demands from your boyfriends who in turn gets discouraged because you act like you don't understand the economic realities. I'm not saying it's not a good thing to shower a lady with stuffs but some demands can be very overwhelming.
Now, to the economic situation, it will be unfair to lay all the blames squarely at your feet. The rampaging effect of economic paralysis in the nation has reduced the financial capability of many would-be husbands. So, many are forced to be bachelor at 35-40 until they can save enough to get married.

Also, some of our folks from the Eastern part and the West also act like marriage begins and ends with the wedding ceremony. The financial implications of this has created a huge fear in our minds.

Back to you again, many of you due to greed and selfishness have wasted your golden youth. Some of us being aware of this do not want to end up with 'hollow beings' if you understand what I mean. It can be easy to know a spent force and nobody wants one.

Some of you also do not want to stay with upcoming guys. You prefer the already arrived. No wonder, they marry people old enough to be their fathers, ritualists, Yahoo-Yahoo and 419ers, all in the bid to live in luxuries.

I'm on mobile, I'm a bit constrained but I'll follow this thread. Tnx
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by nkoyo08(f): 9:48am On Jun 29, 2012
My dear pls never get a suitor out of despiration. Focus less about that. Tell God about this, then leave it to the lord. Focus on building yourself, care about other people around you. I am a lady thou younger. Am not scared. Is mariage ur only priority in life? I understand the presur coz i face that to. Pple arnd me geting marid. Infact dats d gist of most ladies get together. Block ur mind 4m wot dy say. He wud com.get a lif 4 ur sf. And trust God 4 d best and not jst any guy that cms.u shud be a lady of vision,dnt kil ur dreams and jst take any guy.al d best. And pls at 28 dr is notgng wrong wit u.but check ursf prayerfuly 4 wot u ned 2 work on. Always be hapy and friendly with any1 U met.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Yemo2020: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2012
Onegai: Dear poster,

Gosh, humans are cruel, aren't they? Reading this thread has convinced how I can never trust anyone whom I meet with a smile or whom says he/she's a church person. Because all of them will then go onto form threads complaining how they are good and deserve the best and where are all the good girls/good boys, wah wah wah...

Okay, deep breathes first.

28 is pushing it and the pressure's getting to you. Yes, a lot of guys don't want to marry that age. But you don't want those guys. Trust me. Every man I've met over 35 swears his choices would be so much different if he had waited. They also have sense. So any guy you meet now, don't immediately tell him "I wan get married, are you down?" then bounce him. Just be yourself, but be firm. Men are selfish. They will say anything to get what they want, and they'll do anything once they have and want to move on. I'm going through that now (yes, some immature fool is gonna call me you were chasing his money). Walai, the reason the divorce rate is rising is both male and female. We've changed so dramatically. Over 70% will not have good marriages. So what can you do?

Work on you, use this time to become a better person. Ignore your age, my sis held onto one mugu yoruba boy who wouldn't let her go (though he knew his parents didn't like her non-yorubaness and non-muslimness). She got some sense at 30, walked out and met an Ekiti man younger than her. 3 kids, and her marriage is better than my other sisters.

It's not how fast, it's how well.You are a better parent in your older years. Look around, most people are a result of immature parenting. I am yet to see anyone below the age of 25 whom I don't immediately wish will leave me alone permanently. 26-28 nowadays is even worse. And sadly, I started playing their games with them. I'm in your same boat. Relax, there are still men out there. Just don't show them the desperation. They will run.

My ex pursued me like mad, nothing he didn't do to get me. After we started dating, and I stupidly went to bed with him, he noticed how emotional I was and how he couldn't stand it. So he's run off again. I'm a few months older than him. Now, I've just seen the light. When every guy I relate my story to, laughs and bets how quickly he'll be back (2-3 months) because I'm a wife material, all I have to do is sit tight. And say "NO" when he comes back. Because he's not ready for marriage. Oh, we could get married, but mehnnnn I will suffer.

OP, you're at the perfect age. Trust me. You're on nairaland, listening to bad people gleefully pull you down because they have nothing better to do. So get off it. Go work on yourself and watch how God will send him waltzing into your arms.

If a guy chases you for a long time, he is expecting a bigger price than a emotional wreck. If you have flaws, it is in your best interest to display those flaws upfront so that you can be with the right kind of guy. Unfortunately, as a result of certain flaws, you may not get prince charming, but it doesn't mean the kind of guy you deserve won't make you happy.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by jeffp: 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2012
hello posted//i think i gat a solution for u....IM on yahoo messenger ask4jeffpepe
so we can chat
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by akubudejud(m): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2013
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

HEAR THIS..
Marriage is ordained by God Himself in the beginning to be between two mature heart i.e a Man and a Woman and not (Man to Man or Woman to Woman)
The Age for marriage is relative depending on various factors ranging from culture ,law of the land and religion. However, irrespective of any belief or culture marriage should be between two person who are mature Physically ,Mentally, Socially,Psychologically and Spiritually and this means that either party must be ready to take responsibilities of their actions when they are no longer under their parents.

Now ,when a lady has attained some maturity stated above and still not married this can be so worrisome and can lead to desperation which is dangerous on it own..to further comprehend my point however, let us demarcate the age bracket of marriageable ladies putting into consideration what the law stipulated which is 18 years and above at least.

a-18 years -25 years...........Very Normal stage

b-26 years -30 years...........Good stage

c-31 years- 35 years...........worrisome stage

d-36 years- 40 years...........Desperate stage

e-41 years and Above..........Dangerously desperate.

Above all, irrespective of the stages God is the only one that can give any man the best gift that will never add sorrow to it.Marrying in an early stage does not necessarily mean you can still marry rightly except God Himself is involved and choose for you, if you fall between the stages c and e above your story is not hopeless at all because you are uniquely and specially created by God for His Glory, it might seems to be late But God can not be late remember that sometimes the best is kept for the last moment and marrying the wrong person due to desperation is worst than not marrying at all...(Speaking from Experience)

NOW TEN THINGS A LADY MUST NOT DO WHEN SHE IS DESPERATE TO GET MARRIED.

1.YOU MUST NOT STOP PRAYING.

2.YOU MUST NOT COMPARE YOURSELF WITH OTHER MARRIED FRIENDS OF YOUR AGE.

3.YOU MUST NOT HAVE FIXED FIGURE OF THE PERSON YOU WISH TO MARRY OR CREATE A STANDARD FOR YOURSELF.

4.YOU MUST NOT EMBARRASS OR INSULT ANY MAN THAT APPROACH YOU BUT DON'T MAKE HASTY DECISIONS.

5.YOU MUST NOT BE TOO EXPENSIVE IN LOOKS EVEN IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO, BE NEAT AND MODERATE.

6.YOU MUST NOT BE IDLE i.e YOU MUST HAVE A JOB (No man is ready to marry a jobless woman)

7.YOU MUST NOT DEPEND ON YOUR DREAMS OR SYMPATHIZERS DREAMS OR PROPHESY TO CHOOSE OR PICK A MAN (Dreams could be deceptive and can be manipulated by devil)

8.YOU MUST NOT GO TO BED WITH ANY MAN TO SHOW HIM LOVE OR TO PROVE YOUR LOVE FOR HIM (He will dump you with negative passion and believe you have been doing same to other men)

9.YOU MUST NOT DISPLAY YOURSELF IN A SEDUCTIVE WAY TO ATTRACT MEN (They can only be excited by your looks but letter reject your attitude because every man want to marry a decent Girl irrespective of their own waywardness )

10.YOU MUST NOT READ INTIMATE ,FAKE LOVE STORIES MAGAZINES AND BOOKS RELATED TO MARRIAGE WRITTEN BY MEN OF LOW INTEGRITY WHO ONLY MAKE MERCHANDISE OF DESPERATE LADIES . READ THE WORD OF GOD FROM YOUR OWN BIBLE AND GODLY LITERATURE FROM TRUSTED SOURCES.

THE BIBLE SAYS IN Hebrew 13:4 ...Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

BEEN DESPERATION CAN ONLY......
1. Cloud your Thinking ability.
2. Expose you to wrong decision making.
3. Enslave you to Devil's manipulations.
4. Make you feel you are worthless.

BUT BE GLAD BECAUSE GOD KNOWS YOUR PROBLEM GO ON YOUR KNEE CONFESS YOUR SIN AND TELL HIM HE WILL SOLVE IT ALL BECAUSE FOR HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE HE WILL RECOVER FOR YOU EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LOST IN THE PAST...IT IS WELL.

By Jude A

FOR MORE QUESTION WRITE TO:

(akubude_jude@yahoo.com)

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 28, 2013
Hairat007: sad sad don't get desperate dear.just lyk some1 said ƔoƱ я̲̣̥ε̲̣ still too young 2 get worried. D fact dat ur sisters я̲̣̥ε̲̣ all gone shld nt make ƔoƱ feel bad. After all I'm 2yrs older dan ƔoƱ я̲̣̥ε̲̣ ,d trust ♏Ƹ Ȋ̝̊̅'m not worried one bit. We still have our lives 2 live. Dear wen ever dat tot crosses ur mind, pls do ♏Ƹ a favour switch on ur radio set and dance till ƔoƱ Ca̶̲̥̅Ϟ dance no more. Dnt forget dear those who я̲̣̥ε̲̣ married wishes everyday 2 be free lyk ƔoƱ or Ȋ̝̊ wink
mrs. advicer see Talk still young at 28, Maybe wen she reach 58.........if money dey u fit marry at 20
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by OchuSomtin(m): 10:19am On Dec 28, 2013
A Word of encouragement for you ladies: God is never too busy to forget anyone of His children. What He has done for one He will do for all...so rejoice and enjoy your moments of singlehood while they last.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by sozoteria: 10:52am On Dec 02, 2014
just relax before you regret your desperation. You dont graduate from it, u know!!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by EyeKandy(f): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2014
kpolli:
Simple get a chair and "settle down" on it grin grin grin grin grin

Hmmm.... SMH
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by kpolli(m): 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
EyeKandy:

Hmmm.... SMH

What did I do now?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nayah(f): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Why should you? Don't listen to people who say you re old and all rubbish it s all about readiness opportunity and patience. If you rush you might take someone for pity . I m older than you and just had found my half. African people are really narrow minded sometimes especially when it comes to marriage and settle down. Listen to your heart pray and let things come to you

Take care smiley
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2014
chuks6000:
Your 17, 18, 19 don shack you finish. Now you are crying 4 husband at 28 sorry. Try and mend your ways.
Villager.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
akubudejud:
3.YOU MUST NOT HAVE FIXED FIGURE OF THE PERSON YOU WISH TO MARRY OR CREATE A STANDARD FOR YOURSELF.
She must have a standard for herself. Standards are necessary everywhere including in relationships and marriage.
What is the point of accepting a man you don't desire simply because you're single?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by ted1741: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nollywood Softwork: See Nigerian Actresses Act With Naked Boobs / What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / Nairaland Association Of Playboys [NAP]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.