Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? (8842 Views)

They Told Us Without SAED Certificate No NYSC Certificate For Us. / Don't Be Deceived: No NYSC Posting Runs Again / No NYSC Camping For Batch B Stream 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by Pinkzs(f): 11:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
I have my LL.B and B.L but havent done NYSC cos of some problems. What can i do in terms of getting a good paying job?
Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by yamakuza: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2012
1. Pls, what is B.L? (I know LL.B)

2. As to your question, i strongly suspect you'll need strong connections to get the kind of pay you seek.
Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by Mustay(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
B.L also is 'Bachelor of Law'
Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by yamakuza: 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mustay: B.L also is 'Bachelor of Law'

hmmn. Thanks.

Why she come talk am like say she get 2 degrees?

The other one is from Law School?
Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by Mustay(m): 8:45pm On Apr 12, 2012
I remember asking 'them' lawyers about this B.L vs LLB stuff - as per say, no be di same thing? Na im them talk say -

B.L doesn't entitle you to practise as a lawyer, it's like a 'knowledge degree' but LLB entitles you to one. After them go law school, they get it. So it's like 9ice getting a B.L but not an LLB to practise as a lawyer. They can elucidate further.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by nitrogen(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2012
I believe u need nysc.
Ninja factor although your field is proffesional bt u might still need that certificate(nysc), cos that will enhance........(you shud understand).
Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by ayandee: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2012
@poster, a good number of law firms will employ you even without nysc cert. The top-notch firms are more interested in your high grades and advocacy skills. On my first job in one of these firms, i wasn't asked to submit my nysc cert. Also, you won't need a nysc cert if you plan to have ur own practice (except that u won't be able to deal with the CAC on incorporatn briefs). However, I'll advise that you obtain a nysc cert (either exemptn or discharge) just in case u decide to work for the govt in future or for a private organisatn with a strict stance on the subject.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With My LL.B & B.L & No NYSC? by baldman: 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
LLB is awarded after first degree, it is an equivalent of BSC, BA, B.Eng. B.L is awarded upon completion of the Nigerian Law school program.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Khaki, Crested Vest, And Cap Available In Ibadan / Top 15 Best States For Nysc In Nigeria & The Highest Paying States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.