Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals (12796 Views)

Microsoft Invents Hololens / Apple Buys Hopstop.com From Nigerian Entrepreneur Chinedu Echeruo For $1 Billion / The Most Difficult Software To Write.... In Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by kodewrita(m): 7:57am On Apr 13, 2012
My 2 cents: Many people are simply happy about this for tribal reasons but ask any practising IT professional, its nothing special. Its simply a database for storing details of arrested criminals. Until he gives more specifics, i would take the 'tracking' with a pinch of salt. Is it realtime tracking of previously arrested criminals? Or just a mugshot database so we can compare prints and photos with evidence from previous crimes? what exactly is it?

Lets not celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by lordZOUGA(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2012
the press is bored. Nigeria rarely sees any action in terms of science related stuffs.. To them, this is action..
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by iykemanchi(m): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2012
new maonza: C ur mouth. . . Ur brother jst disgraced himself by calling a 30min write up(prob VB ) as an invention. . . . Shey Na so Bill gates & torvalds start their own invention mtshew!

Waitin ΰя pple fit boost of afta 40yrs of power. Na to suck goat milk wif straw na
Him dey invent. Mtchewww! Aboki
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by cynthiafred67(f): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2012
Either he invented it or not to me it is a welcome development
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by lonamy: 10:15am On Apr 13, 2012
This guy just want to get cheap popularity, he did nothing.

Computer codes need to be tested for over a period to ensure the accuracy and bug free.
The ony problem I have is that, it wasn't developed by a complete academician. Being developed by a politician makes the software a complete nuisance and empty blab.

The guy might not be the brain behind it, id it not Nigerian school. He is a politician, he wanted more academic certificate and make noise about himself for the next election.

He could have given moeny to someone who did something without the software going through proper procedure.
The media that carried this news are complete mediocre, they know nothing but just to make money for their pockect.

Software of such magnitude no be moin moin, if he is sure of what he did, let him put the technical details on Nairaland and let the experts vet it. No one needs his codes, Seun Osewa can write the codes form the scratch.

I wouldn't expect Nigerian Government to go about implementing this software, but involve organisations such as EFCC, ICPC, NAFDAC, NDLEA, Police Force, Nigerian Army and other security and anti corruption MDAs to be involved and collaborate with Nigeria Computer Science Association, bring in foreign experts who have carried out and implemented this kind of project before and see what we can achieve.

Such project is largely in use in UK, USA, Canada Australia and other advanced nations of the world. Lets us bring what they have done and adapt it to our local system that works here.

There are lots of mediocres in Nigeria media houses. BullShit.
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 13, 2012
iykemanchi: Hmm! Computer software to track criminals. Ope political robbers will not come and steal
It. Pls let us test it on T.A.orji of abia state. That man done kill us here finish. Haba!

BRO na true u talk oo. we need to test it on that man
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2012
Godman_n: Wake up guys, the guy invented nothing. He is a pure thief like all politicians. What I guess he did was to build a database and and inference engine that can pick out criminals. This is no invention. It is something that has been in existence in most part of the globe.

There is no computer software that can identify criminals. But you can build a database and an inference engine that will point to likely criminals.

Forget this bloody criminal parading himself as an inventor. If he can catch thieves, let him start from himself and Mbadinuju as governors of Anambra state. The people that forced all primary and secondary schools in Anambra state out of school for one years. Should such men have an honour among us?

Why you never build your own. OLODO
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2012
Another South Inventor. North where una dey invent una own. Abi na only Instrument of Destruction una sabi invent?
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by kentokay: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
uhh how many research project did he sponsor when he was in power as deputy Gov?
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by basadenet: 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
Good one, Omo Ibo but I hope naija hackers will not hack the software or pirate it as usual. Any way very good try.
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Acelifted: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
This is the kind of development politicians love to shun....no Ignore....better still kill!!!
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Mustay(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
Acelifted: [size=8pt]
This is the kind of development politicians love to shun....no Ignore....better still kill!!!
[/size]

You want the bushmeat to catch the hunter? grin
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by oladayo042: 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
Nigerians and their special "inventions".
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by DisGuy: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2012
very soon we will invent water
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Mustay(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
Dis Guy: very soon we will invent water
No. It's air. You don forget some people happy say PDP wan rule 9ja for 60 years as long as they don't have power to 'rule the air'.
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by richy5(m): 10:56am On Apr 25, 2012
Good for him if he truly sit&think to develop such software, But i think Its a Bigggg lie for a politician like him to do so even if he he know it...
lonamy: This guy just want to get cheap popularity, he did nothing.

Computer codes need to be tested for over a period to ensure the accuracy and bug free.
The ony problem I have is that, it wasn't developed by a complete academician. Being developed by a politician makes the software a complete nuisance and empty blab.
true
Re: Dr. Chinedu Emeka Invents Computer Software To Track Criminals by Cholls(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
My brothers and sisters see

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Attracted You To Learn how to code? / In What Order Did You Learn Your Languages? / Most Used Mysql Database Functions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.