Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From (14234 Views)

7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid / Improve Your Dating Game Here.! See Inside. / What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Penssuwa(m): 8:43am On Oct 18, 2012
My greatest mistake was showing her that I love her so much and allowing her to think that without her, my life is worthless. Another one is making her believe that I am financially up-to-date. Her own mistake was trying to syphon my pocket and wanting me to play the role his father couldn't play well. and again thinking that sex is enough sacrifice to get everything she can ever imagine shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2012
Bunchers stab: Na people Like them they fail weac
I T k
Who tell u that...IGNORANT kill ppl and u r nt exempted,that's y u ppl r nt moving forward u stayed there stagnantly complaining of bad government
So if u dnt abuse someone here ur bp will nt be normal,must u abuse ppl b4 u get ur brain working correctly. U r suffering from Dyslexia. consult ur physician
F**king aardvark
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by mikeuz(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2012
Not knowing when to let go when its obvious d other party shows less commitment.

Taking advice from others concerning your relationship. there is no manual for relationship,different straw for different people
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by 190theclown: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2012
I should never have bought her dat recharge card

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by dapachez: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2012
chi-baby:
Showing too much care and emotions. cnt help it sumtymz. #toomuchofeverythingisnotgood
you took the words right out ofmy mouth showing too much love and care might make your partner snap cos you all of a sudden become overbearing. I have learnt my lesson. Moderation in all facets is the key and learning to read your partner's mood and been sensitive is vital
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Ozonna(m): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2012
iykeboyy: I have learnt alot. Among which is don't take her forgranted.
There is thìs girl that fell madly and blindly inlove with me.she was ever ready to give me any thing although she is a year older than me but she stil repect me to the fullest, the girl in question was the only daughter of her wealthy perents so money is never her problem and as that she atracted many toasters of wish are more advance than me,but to may suprise she turn down their proposal cus of me. At a time i begin to get bored with her and started taking her love, too much calls and test massage 4granted. She complained and was crying cos of my strange behavious but her nagging was landing on my deft ear.
One evening i called her to meet me somewhere she was happy and left all she was doing to meet me that night but to her greatest supprise i explained to her how imparative the need to break up was. To cut it short. She went home crying dat 9th but i pretended as if i was not seeing her.that was the end of the relationship

ONE WEEK LETER
after one week of the incident i saw her one early morning around my apartment on a new brown baby jeep with one guy like dat teach her hw to rid. After some time i discover dat her dady bought her dat car two days after the break up. Now am regreting because i luv her. LEASON you cannot miss water until the well turn dry.

U can solve the question on my signature.

Which kind gist be dis? As far as I'm concerned u don't love her. Ur regret is as a result of u seeing her in her car.

As for me, I've learnt never ever to show a girl that I have genuine feelings (LOVE is too big a word for me to use)for her. I've learnt to be unpredictable and to always correct/point out to her her fault(s) whenever she makes me angry. I've seen some dudes tolerate rubbish from dia gals just becos of love and ofcourse silly gals usually take advantage of such situations.

I've also learnt never to date any gal Under the age of 25. Even if I'm a month than her, me don't kia.

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by DukeNija(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2012
For me, I do not really have bad experiences when love is involved.

I still doubt if I've ever loved.
Nawa for me O
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by DukeNija(m): 9:05am On Oct 18, 2012
Ab rahman: mine is am a year older than her,some times she is difficult to control .now i kept on thinking if dis will lead to marriage,cos she and her parent her on my neck for marriage but am so sceared right now,i dont want to fall a victim of going to work afraid of coming home to face the tyson in my house.

My Guy migrate ASAP
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Ozonna(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2012
shol: There's this "one girl i liked a lot" almost dated her but didn't due τ̅☺ some circumstance and she said No because of the circumstance(i guess i was in just assuming, because i don't know her mind) but she calls some time now or send pls call me whenever she needs credit(mostly) but i do send whenever i gat money i don't mind but i still like her, when i spoke τ̅☺ her recently she's dating someone else now and she told me she's gat a boyfriend then.....

Dude, u r a 9ce guy. Flee from her as far as u can cos she maybe using u as her shock absorber just incase of heart break (gals r good coaches, some usually have substitute bench), she maybe feeling u r not in her league or u r just her fone recharger.

There r many gals out dere waiting for u to say sometin. You need to erase her from ur mind and get anoda gal cos somtin tells me u're single (hope u r not).

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by MrsChima(f): 9:19am On Oct 18, 2012
One thing I have learned not to toy with a celibate man. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by 2sexy(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2012
Penssuwa: My greatest mistake was showing her that I love her so much and allowing her to think that without her, my life is worthless. Another one is making her believe that I am financially up-to-date. Her own mistake was trying to syphon my pocket and wanting me to play the role his father couldn't play well. and again thinking that sex is enough sacrifice to get everything she can ever imagine shocked shocked shocked

Hmmmmm... man you just talked about me there lol.. any way the girl dey regret am till dat and would do anything to have me back... but it ever gonna happen.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Jabia(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2012
Fortunately, i'm still in the relationship so i'd share....
Don't make promises you can't/might not fulfill.
Stick to your values and be firm.
Don't allow yourself to be goaded too hard, you should both compromise somewhat.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by sigba(f): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2012
Showing too much care and love, though we are still dating i've gotta stop it cos he's taking it for granted. Nice thread, 've learnt alot.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by jideolasoji(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2012
i never had an EX.... cos im still with my first girl

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by promkingzz(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2012
I dunno sha, but somehow, and from all the comment that u guys have put up here, its not about loving too much or not loving at all. Being desperate or not wanting at all. I've kindda got to find out that when 2pople (a guy&gurl) don't match from d beginnin, esp in style(and I knw dis sounds crazy but its true), there's no point for a second date dat may lead to a relationship. There nothing more a relationship needs more than self respect and sacrifice all on a particular level. I can't have a gurl ask me for recharge card d first or second day or even a week after we meet! A girl asking for a recharge card is no way to test a guys love/likeness for u, u simply aint on my level to be asking me for a recharge card, dats a red flag saying "omo guy e no go work o". Some people simply don't know how to love, love has rules and tks time to grow. Its not just abt saying the words "I love you" and have no actions to show for it. Love and respect are so in-love with eachother they can't work seperately, learn to say I'm sorry and observe with care how the words are received; with a smile or a raised eyebrow? They mean different things.

I liked this girl for soo long, cldnt get to say a word abt it for fear of being rejected, and then we were friends jus saying "hi" to eachother whenever we spotted eachother and my heart wld speedup when that moment had passed. She fell ill one period, seemed like all her friends where nowhere, I paid a visit, took her to the hospital, I didn't buy her a mean from a fancy fastfood, I cooked! Geez! Well I guess dat was all I had to do. Toasting her and telling her that I love her wouldn't have had the same effect what I did had on her, and now smiley we've been dating for a year! Tolerance, respect, guidance, everything. We fight like a married couple, we play like kids, we protect eachother like we're brother and sister. That's how to get along

2 Likes

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by goofie: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2012
i learnt that what u tolerate or accept from d beginning will be hard to change later

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by DExplorer1: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2012
190-the-clown:
I should never have bought her dat recharge card
Was she that cheap?
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by larrymoore(m): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2012
To always ensure dat ladies ve d last word because any othr tins u say is surely d beginning of a fresh argument. Ladies! I bow 4 u na.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by goofie: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2012
larrymoore: To always ensure dat ladies ve d last word because any othr tins u say is surely d beginning of a fresh argument. Ladies! I bow 4 u na.

u r so smart wink. u shld write a book about ladies cos u hv a general idea cheesy
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by julius900(m): 10:03am On Oct 18, 2012
Don't just take little problems for granted cus they wud come back to hunt you...always talk about it
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by oobim(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2012
I would not call her for 2 weeks..I felt she loved me too much and would never leave me..I felt since she wasn't into sex,just like me,there wasn't need for me to always visit her(i was in a diff country at d time nd had d privilg of visitn evry 2 mnths,bt refused to).When she startd complainin of my lack of calls n reply,i told her i was busy.I didn't show her how much i cared n loved her.Amaka stil remains d most beautiful,humble,decent,respectful n cleanest gal alive.She is 'close to perfection'!D guy she is now dating love her to death.I wish i cud turn bak d hand of time.#MY LAMENTATION#I
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by riqblaze(m): 10:14am On Oct 18, 2012
i always dnt like failures, so i am always prepared to do anything to make it work. These are some points i feel are worth sharing
1. Never let ur heart take charge of u. The heart is meant for circulation., nd d brain for thinking. Always use ur head, no matter hw much attracted to her u think u are.
2. Become friends with her 1st, with this, u'd come to understand urselfs better, nd knw her likes nd dislikes, nd hw she thinks, handles pressure, etc. With this, there'd be less surprises when u guys start dating.
3. U can neva undastand sm1 100 percent, ppl are prone to evolve, so, neva always expect gud or evil from her, just be prepared to handle whatever she presents.
4. Before u step up d relationship, be sure d both of u set ur boundaries, nd to some extent, be able to predict where d qelationship will lead to.
5. Neva try to make her perfect for u, rather be the man u want ur sister to be with.
6. Don't always compromise ur stand. yes, u'd let her get away with sm thnz, but then, remember, women respect men who can think straight even when in luv.
7. If u feel she'd be there for the long haul, bring her in, into policy nd decision making. She'd feel more valued by this.
8. Finally, if u notice that d relationship is nt adding any value to ur life. My broda run for ur life. Dnt just walk out, run. It is beta to av a meaningful life without her than to av her nd be wasted.

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by abbeynism(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Dr2great: No matter how rich u are,don't disclose or display ur wealth to ur woman

Don't you think it will be brutal as well not be generous to the girl. Or should one wait to ask for something. I have a ate that all she has requested is a N200 credit card.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Amazondepth(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
Showing too much care and luv can neva b d reason y anyone shld lose out in a relationship.u were just hanging out with someone with unresolved personal issues whom u neva truly connected with.how do u truly show and express luv with someone whom u hold back from?d issues are that many go into relationships which aren't symbiotic.see d signs,understand d fellow,don't dance with d crowd and build a bridge of connection.finally relationship no b by force.if u luv urself givn luv no go hard u.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2012
Never fall in love with a biatch.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2012
to make her know me finish.......she used it against me....i know better than.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by tinuolababy(f): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2012
Hmmm.... I OVER-loved my ex.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by SmashingM(f): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2012
I've learnt not to over show my emotions. I've also learnt that compromising is for both parties instead of one.

N/B: never let a man feel that you can't do without him!!!
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Dagr8tosyn: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2012
U all ve spoken well buh always remember to love with ur hrt and Ur brain shd not be sold out with the love...from my experience, until I breach the link I was never doing well in any relationship even when I have good plans for the partner.

As a man know that all ladies are prone to been confuse at any point in time and could shw case funny attitude, except few...manage her via communication! As a woman note that every man is prone to getting tired of u one day and would want to move ahead with another woman, except few... manage him by being dynamic!
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by ccynwe: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2012
busygirl: Interesting topic. Mine was being too emotional, a bit too clingy, and lacked a bit of confidence. I fell too quickly and was totally predictable. I have realised that in relationships, a woman cannot afford to make it too easy for the guy. He needs to work to get you, that attract many guys. They love the chase. In-confidence and low self esteem is also a huge turn off. I'm working on me.

This is me!
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by otokx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
Making excuses for unacceptable behavior of the partner who is unwilling to even make any attempt at reassessing the situation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babe SO Fine You could use her skin To Dip Bread / Pls Help, "What Are The Disadvantages Of Sugar Mummies? / What's Your Deal Breaker In A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.