Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From (14238 Views)

7 Online Dating Mistakes You Need To Avoid / Improve Your Dating Game Here.! See Inside. / What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by shedyman: 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
Never to be get too involved with someone who u can't say no to.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by chinedumo(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
reeeT: Am selfish and self centerd,everitin has 2be about me and in that process, i have lost alot of good men.Now,am tryin 2be more open to my man eventhough it makes me look weak angry
fear not girl. U will soon smile if u continue on this path
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by chinedumo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
iykeboyy: I have learnt alot. Among which is don't take her forgranted.
There is thìs girl that fell madly and blindly inlove with me.she was ever ready to give me any thing although she is a year older than me but she stil repect me to the fullest, the girl in question was the only daughter of her wealthy perents so money is never her problem and as that she atracted many toasters of wish are more advance than me,but to may suprise she turn down their proposal cus of me. At a time i begin to get bored with her and started taking her love, too much calls and test massage 4granted. She complained and was crying cos of my strange behavious but her nagging was landing on my deft ear.
One evening i called her to meet me somewhere she was happy and left all she was doing to meet me that night but to her greatest supprise i explained to her how imparative the need to break up was. To cut it short. She went home crying dat 9th but i pretended as if i was not seeing her.that was the end of the relationship

ONE WEEK LETER
after one week of the incident i saw her one early morning around my apartment on a new brown baby jeep with one guy like dat teach her hw to rid. After some time i discover dat her dady bought her dat car two days after the break up. Now am regreting because i luv her. LEASON you cannot miss water until the well turn dry.

U can solve the question on my signature.
u miss d gal because of her new found car.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by chinedumo(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
One thing I have learned not to toy with a celibate man. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
a really good lesson. There is a limit to what booty can do
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Slant77: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
Being in a hurry to let go of yourself/ falling too early

Ignoring the red flags

Being too comfortable with just one lady

Being too predictable
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
Ozonna:

Dude, u r a 9ce guy. Flee from her as far as u can cos she maybe using u as her shock absorber just incase of heart break (gals r good coaches, some usually have substitute bench), she maybe feeling u r not in her league or u r just her fone recharger.

There r many gals out dere waiting for u to say sometin. You need to erase her from ur mind and get anoda gal cos somtin tells me u're single (hope u r not).

You're Very correct i'm , it's just that the other girls have dated dey tend τ̅☺ like me much and show it much that i just don't take d relationship serious but if dis one just flash me i go just call sharply or text, she's just different me just like Am.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
90'/, of the resolutions here including the ones from married folks are recipe for a failed relationship/marriage.
* Tailored love
* condictional relationship
* Doctored affairs
* Text-book rules/regulations

I have experienced most of what have been posted here, and will tell you as a fulfilled married man, that if you think your findings and knowledge will make you meet that right partner, that you might have to study for the rest of your life to achieve this.

Love/Relationship/Marriage is a choice, and until you see it so and choose to live accordingly, it will continually be like on of Hollywood Top-secret movie.
The best things in life are free, and in what ever relationship we find our-self, if we cannot have :
1.Peace
2.Freedom
3.Trustworthness
4.Happiness/Joy
5.Realness e.t.c
I can surmise that we are in bondage, and this I say about the best of us. Man is a social animal, and thereby, want,yean,long to be cared for.

EVERYBODY NEED TO BE LOVED, UNCONDICTIONALLY. Give someone that and somehow it will be retured back to you.

3 Likes

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Benito69(m): 12:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Never date any girl that has all the following;
-she is the first-born
-she has two sisters that are 7 and 9 respectively
-she is your age-mate
-she is from delta
if she is all of the above, don't believe the crap from her mouth.

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by dopeJemi: 12:41am On Oct 19, 2012
Benito69: Never date any girl that has all the following;
-she is the first-born
-she has two sisters that are 7 and 9 respectively
-she is your age-mate
-she is from delta
if she is all of the above, don't believe the crap from her mouth.

WTF doez dat mean, so wah r u insinuating, dat delta gurLz r wat
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by obowunmi(m): 12:48am On Oct 19, 2012
1. What is meant to be will be.
2. You cannot force someone to be with you or stay.
3. Pray to God for guidance.
4. Enjoy the present moment, use a condom, have se-x and have fun.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by oluwagbami(m): 8:36am On Oct 19, 2012
My opinion is, if you have truly fallen in love you, then don't have the monopoly of your heart anymore............... i happen to be a very emotional guy, that was my mistake..... i showed that i love the girl way too much, i showed too much affection, showed that i really cared for her, got her whatever she asked for, showed that she meant so much to me..... in short, that i couldn't do without her by my side............. And when the moment came, she dealt me with Thor's hammer and i was completely shattered. She broke, smashed, shattered and pierced my heart. since then i have promised not to display too much affection when it comes to dating....
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2012
To clearly define my relationship... Not toasting a girl with marriage when all I want is a fling

I learnt the hardway and paid with my car windscreens and tires
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by obowunmi(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
flanrey: To clearly define my relationship... Not toasting a girl with marriage when all I want is a fling

I learnt the hardway and paid with my car windscreens and tires

Good for the girl who taught you a lesson. Why would you lie to a girl only for tootoo? Its not even that serious. Many girls would smash you even with a wedding ring on your hand. You just need to find those types of girls. I hope Karma also comes to teach you a lesson.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
Hotie Tima:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
there's alot more and u know it

Just shut up. tongue tongue tongue

That is all I know of. grin
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by 2sexy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
oluwagbami: My opinion is, if you have truly fallen in love you, then don't have the monopoly of your heart anymore............... i happen to be a very emotional guy, that was my mistake..... i showed that i love the girl way too much, i showed too much affection, showed that i really cared for her, got her whatever she asked for, showed that she meant so much to me..... in short, that i couldn't do without her by my side............. And when the moment came, she dealt me with Thor's hammer and i was completely shattered. She broke, smashed, shattered and pierced my heart. since then i have promised not to display too much affection when it comes to dating....
Gbam... Been there, done that with same results.

Bro, give that girl some years from now and she would be dieing to be with you. I know what I am saying because that's my personal experience.

Why would she? Because we live in a wicked world where most guys just want 5ex and nothing else but 5ex. So, she will definitely miss you by the time she is on bed 50 of the next guy that picked her up. At that time, she would want to come back... BUT DONT ever accept her back.

Now, there's nothing wrong in showing how much you love a girl. It all boils down to packaging. How you present yourself.

To be honest, over show of love is nothing more than being cheap. It is human nature that we don't value cheap things....

Let's take an hypothetical case study. Are the food sold at eateries any better or different than those of 'mama put'? Your guess is good as mine. But people would prefer to eat at eateries than 'mama put' if they can afford it.

It's one of these cases where girls think that they are smart and enjoying life, not knowing or realising that they are being used as rags and dumped when due.

Also forgive her no matter the cost of her attrocities. Call her on phone if you wish and make her know that you are still alive and kicking, this is effective if she left you monetary or material reasons. I still do this to my wizard of OZ, not because I feel an iouta of love but I want her to be aware that I am still alive and doing Great.

While doing that, she will be forced to think that you still love and would want to come back like a snake. It's that time that you will rub that s*h*i*t on her face.

My ex was shocked when I told her that not even her n@ked body can make me accept her back. Yeah, I played along in a friendly manner till she started calling me baby or honey. Even went as far as saying she loved me but was scared that I would use it against her. Which girl will love you but will go fvck another guy and come to tell you?

No need to go into details...

Raise your standard, stop being cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Omolola1(f): 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
trusting too much can kill!
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
When the guy loved me more, I was very bossy, in charge and untouchable mostly
When I am just friends or just being chyked by a guy I am fun, bold, fearless
When I loved more, I happened to be a serious push over

1 of my close male friends keeps telling me how he loves me as numbers 2 esp and 1...and how he hated seeing me as number 3
but the people in 1 and 2 would never believe it if they saw me as 3..
and number 3 would totally not mess up if I am as 1 and 2 with him

But once I have been a real bad ass chick while in real love...
...and it didn't continue cos I had to leave town, plus the guy is not Igbo

Point is, I have been wimpy in a relationship (a while back)...that tended to make me overlook some real issues that if not for 'love' I normally would tackle, and overcome head on....e.g infidelity, heck even simple objectivity failed me then
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Jaybee79: 7:21pm On Nov 17, 2012
ludot: This is my version of the post "What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make?" found at https://www.nairaland.com/672795/what-dating-mistakes-that-guys

I hate pointing fingers and I believe it takes two tango. A friend once said, "relationships are for two people, some don't just know how to count." For me, when a relationship ends, I believe both parties should own up to the parts they played to make it crumble.

I have made several mistakes in my past relationships and I have learnt from them, one of which is being too busy with work to call or send her text messages till someone else snatched her.

Whether you are a guy or a lady, are you willing to share yours so we can learn from it?

for me i have learnt not to involve my friends too much into my love afiars, my ex and i gave a lift ride to my friend and after we got home on his way back to the car he find's telephone number written on a piece of paper, my ex ask me if i droped it i replied no i dnt remember, but i ask him softly to bring the number for me, which he refused and i also intend to call out of jelousy and i accused him too of transporting other babes so i now said to him we should call together to clear doubt, to my surprise it was my friend whome we gave ride that picked up cry so on and so forth........ i was really mad and felt disappointed. but she failed.

another friend of mine set me up on a date and i lost him after a bitter and huge arguments but he never belived my explanation so i let go and few months later i travelled and now i heard that the very friend has a child for him, well,well such is life and i have learnt not to tell most sweetest part to my friends i guess they do all that out of jealousy.

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by edelweiss(f): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
1.I have learnt not to EVER check a man's phone even if he checks mine!NEVER! 2.Never to love a person more than I love myself! Because for selfish or selfless reasons Self comes first! 3.To have my standards. 4.learnt not to make excuses for him, it is what it is! 5.I have learnt to have MY own life despite the fact that am in a relationship! These are the things I wasn't taught at home or school, I was taugt in the school of life and am grateful to God for the experience.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Dagr8tosyn: 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
Doing the talk all the time, makes you a talkative and a mature lady can use it against you.
Behave like a Don sometimes and allow her do the talk, and each time she's not in line put her through and if there is no need for contribution tell her I hear you or Ok.

Don't say too much of your secret as soon as she is not doing so, except otherwise. Moreover keep some to yourself as the Man.

Don't be too caring like some peoples have said is a good one for you guys, instead do yourself some good, care for yourself 1st as the case may be...it's only when you're good looking ladies will appreciate you.Except those Guys who are already father, you've got no choice but to care for the wife and children 1st.

Keep your friends at harms lenght from your woman and don't get too close to any of your woman's friend to avoid troubles.

Lastly don't discuss your relationship with your friends except you don't mind lossing the partner especially to unmarried friends... and never report your woman to anybody except to her in person and teach her to change diplomatically.

1 Like

Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by jentlejoe: 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
KateSpade: Lets see

If you date multiple ppl at the same time, do your best not to mix them up

Relationships are sacrifice, you have to put in some work, time and effort

You might like other things more than your bf, just don't let him know that

There is no easy way to break up with someone. So just get it done, don't drag it on.

Pick n choose your battles

Compliment him every now and then

must yuu date more Dan one @ a time?
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by Horlardorjah(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
I'm in a relationship with a lady that happens to b my church member. As always, I showered her with all my love, made her know a moment without her sucks. Wat do I get back 4rm her, she acts too busy for me.
she comes online on FB/whatsapp & won't respond 2 my messages until after 2hrs. She still claims she loves ME oh. My mistake was letting her know how much I loved her and her reaction has definitely changed my affection for her.
Honestly, all I want from her now is to get her laid & call it quit. Guys neva show a lady how much u love. If u do, u are on a long tin.
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by toygod2: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
nicey
Re: Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From by louiskay(m): 1:55am On Dec 23, 2015
Horlardorjah:
I'm in a relationship with a lady that happens to b my church member. As always, I showered her with all my love, made her know a moment without her sucks. Wat do I get back 4rm her, she acts too busy for me.
she comes online on FB/whatsapp & won't respond 2 my messages until after 2hrs. She still claims she loves ME oh. My mistake was letting her know how much I loved her and her reaction has definitely changed my affection for her.
Honestly, all I want from her now is to get her laid & call it quit. Guys neva show a lady how much u love. If u do, u are on a long tin.
Guy u can still turn tinz around... she loves u I guess...if she takes 2hrs to reply ur message u take 3+ to reply hers.... wen chatting, let her do more of d talking.... and most importantly, get closer to some of ur church babes and compliment their dressing or look in the presence of ur Bea.... this approach will surely reset back her over egoistic brain.... Apply it with care and the mission u have in mind....
#paix

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Help, "What Are The Disadvantages Of Sugar Mummies? / Ugly Girls Looking Sexy During This Period / Some Popular Things People Do On Valentine’s Day - Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.