Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? (9330 Views)

Any Viable Investment For Intending Retiree With Little Or No Supervision / What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. / What Is Your Best Investment So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Ulamaster(m): 4:03am On Nov 06, 2007
To all the investment savvy pros in the house :

Whats the best form of long term investment of say 10 years and above ? I am trying to have a low or no risk investment as an endowment for my kids educational future. Thanks for your time.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Temmie10(m): 11:24am On Nov 06, 2007
Ulamaster:

Whats the best form of long term investment of say 10 years and above ? I am trying to have a low or no risk investment as an endowment for my kids educational future. Thanks for your time.

Investment plans with insurance companies are about the lowest risk ones in this case. Try Mutual benefits or wapic. A rate is guaranteed typically about 12% annually so u know how much u'll get after the 7 or 10 years.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by SOJ(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2007
For kids? I assume getting them into a mutual funds program would be appropriate; alternatively, u shuold get them shares in a good stock offering that cna yield between 6months to 1year depending on market. It'll be appropriate to pay school fees and buy them some things abi now wink
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Ulamaster(m): 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2007
Thanks people for your response so far. @ CASHCRAFT, can you please send me your email to enable me get in touch ?
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by afam1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2007
i believe if you want to invest for your kid(s),the best you can think about is a mutual fund like DISCOVERY FUND.

We are professional fund managers that have over 14years wealth of experience and also the discovery fund was formely a product of Guaranty Trust Bank. it has returned 52% on investment from jan 2007 to sept 2007.

if you want further details,kindly send me your email,so that i can send you soft copies of the fact sheets.

Our head office is located at 1,mekunwen road,off oyinkan abayomi drive,ikoyi and our other branch in lagos is at 68c, coker junction town planning way,ilupeju lagos.

u can hook me up on my mobile 08038673022,or thru my email afam.nwachukwu@armdiscoveryfund.com.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by soul2jah: 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2007
An educated mind is an enlightend mind, My Name is David Aligbe and I work with Aims Asset Mgt Ltd, a Financial planing firm located at 1\6 investment house Broad str. CMS.We have products that u will love. Why don`t you pay us a visit and then make your decisions. You can reach me on 08065395258 or soul2jah@yahoo.com. I bet you will thank me for this.Shao.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by damoche07(m): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2007
Waoh!
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by lawuyi(m): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2007
abeg soul2jah wetin be "shao" undecided

Poster, looks like u already have all d answers. For the kids look for a low risk medium ROI investment and i dont think u can go wrong with mutual funds in dat regard
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by soul2jah: 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2007
shao means shao!, don`t be naugthy it means shao you know shao.i means , am out! GOT IT?
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by feelingfav: 7:40pm On May 06, 2008
AIMS CHILDREN INVESTMENT FUND
This product is targeted at tackling the hydra-headed problem of youth unemployment ravaging the economy. If the current trend continues , in a short while, as many experts have predicted, majority of our youths may well acquire their degrees and come and sit at home. The labour market is already over-flooded with job seekers with no equivalent openings. It calls for inward looking determination to create, rather than spend several years in the labour market seeking already created jobs. Our ACIA account therefore, seeks to plant a seed today that would become an initial capital outlay for self-employment project after graduation. If you deposit N 100,000 (one hundred thousand Naira only) now for your child or ward that is say one year old, by the time he would be graduating from the university or polytechnic in the next twenty years, your N 100,000 deposit today would have grown to about N19m (Nineteen Million Naira) at a 30% P/A average rate of return. This is how planning works; take long-term focus and pay a lower price. Don’t wait until situations are out of hand before you begin to adopt fire-brigade approach. This fund is then pulled out to set up a self-employment project for your child. Many graduates languishing in the labour market today could effectively manage productive business concerns if the opportunities were there. ACIA account is out to create such opportunities for your child at the time of his graduation.

MY NUMBER IS 08064013814 AM ALSO A INVESTOR WITH AIMS
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT 08056315622
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by eagleroland(m): 7:59am On May 07, 2008
How well is IBTC Mutual Fund doing? Can anybody in the house answer? I am interested in mutual funds but I want to have options.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by godsonadex: 1:51pm On May 07, 2008
feelingfav:

AIMS CHILDREN INVESTMENT FUND
This product is targeted at tackling the hydra-headed problem of youth unemployment ravaging the economy. If the current trend continues , in a short while, as many experts have predicted, majority of our youths may well acquire their degrees and come and sit at home. The labour market is already over-flooded with job seekers with no equivalent openings. It calls for inward looking determination to create, rather than spend several years in the labour market seeking already created jobs. Our ACIA account therefore, seeks to plant a seed today that would become an initial capital outlay for self-employment project after graduation. If you deposit N 100,000 (one hundred thousand Naira only) now for your child or ward that is say one year old, by the time he would be graduating from the university or polytechnic in the next twenty years, your N 100,000 deposit today would have grown to about N19m (Nineteen Million Naira) at a 30% P/A average rate of return. This is how planning works; take long-term focus and pay a lower price. Don’t wait until situations are out of hand before you begin to adopt fire-brigade approach. This fund is then pulled out to set up a self-employment project for your child. Many graduates languishing in the labour market today could effectively manage productive business concerns if the opportunities were there. ACIA account is out to create such opportunities for your child at the time of his graduation.

MY NUMBER IS 08064013814 AM ALSO A INVESTOR WITH AIMS
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT 08056315622

I believe you work for this AIM company, what you have said is true to a novice but to a Finance professional, this is just half true. Why don't you mention the fact that 19million in 20yrs time your GRAND CALCULATION won't be worth 19million today, it's probably going to be worth 100,000 today at the rate the inflation in the damn country is going. I appreciate you giving suggestions but it would be nice to paint the whole story.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 08, 2008
ya mutual fund is the best form of investment for children,u can try ibtc ethical fund i think is 2.26 per share nw,or go to discovery fund office they also have an investment plan for children 2.

both are good.mutuat fund in the best i am with discovery fund.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by aristocrat(m): 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2009
i think sterling bank has a package called minor account whicc u can fix ur money on behalf of ur child for a specified period of time wit good interest. its best designed for children future references. think banking think sterling bank.( da one customer bank)
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Phony200(m): 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2009
WOnderful, why didn't my daddy ask all these questions when I was young?
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by aristocrat(m): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ eagleroland eagleroland se u b part of sec abi y u dey use dat kind name as username
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by nweike(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2009
I do not know if my contribution is coming late, it could still be useful to members, the best way to set up a scheme for children is to take up an insurance plan which does not necessarily have to be for a very long term but long enough to help save up to what your children would require to finance their education.

Mutual Benefits Life Assurance Ltd hhas a schem called Children Education Policy that Has a Maturation period of Five years Minimun (Note it Could be more depending on the age of the child in question) with a minimum savings of N10,000 monthly, the fund will amount to N600,000 in 5 years, there is also a 10% interest on the savings compounded annually, t[b]he edge that an insurance scheme like this has over other investments and banks products is that the sum assurred becomes available for the child s education on the event of the policy holders death i.e if the expected savings at the end of the term is N600,000 and the father of the child who is the policy holder dies at the end of the third month while the policy is in force the child being the beneficiary collects the N600,000.00 . you can come to mutual benefits plc at 233 ikorodu rd lagos or call 08035784166 and speak with me
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by jskiinvest: 2:43am On Jun 08, 2010
The best investment is to teach your children about finance and investing.

I have 3 boys currently age 11,13,14

I started an in-house 401kplan. I used our last name and 401k. 4 years ago.
The rules are simple. For every dollar the child invests in their 401k plan, they get 100% matching from BOD(Bank of Dad). They pick the stocks, the day they take $1 out of the fund the matching stops.

Once they reached $100 they had to pick a stock to invest in.

They had to pick a product that they liked, were passionate about(hip) and they thought was popular(in demand).

One year later my middle child said he was ready to invest. He handed me a wad of cash($500) -Ouch! He was in love with Apple. 10 shares.
The eldest gave me $250(Google) and the youngest gave me $50(Sony)

They all saved money from Birthdays, Christmas, and money from grand parents.

Jan 2007 was a great time to invest. Over the past three years the middle child has 3 stocks and $3600, Eldest has three stocks and $1600 and the youngest has three stocks and $1200.

They each have their own TD Ameritrade custodial account and they are interested in the stock market.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by PRD(m): 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2010
@JSK, nice concept there.

Can we talk so you can enlighten me further on this methodology?

Reach me on ppossession@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by saridonp2: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
@Poster,Insurance comapnies have the best product for you and you should try to check most of them online.The good thing is that you will be able to choose product that is insured even if you die in the process while the child will still get the benefits.The second option is fixed income with a reputable bank but stay away from mutual fund because you will loose the value of your money especially at this time.Whenever there is a stockmarket boom,then you can invest in stock or mutual fund but for your kids dont put your money in anything risky.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Lalateeza(f): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2010
donno
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by SetuYara: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2010
Education.

I'm not talking about school, but education about life, money, economics, but micro and macro, about businesses, people, logic, critical thinking, etc.

Equip your child with the smarts and he can beat any mutual funds or investments you have in mind hands down, what they have is time, the earlier they are educated to value,cherish and utilize that time, the better!
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by manie(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2010
Ulamaster:

I think the best investment for a child is shares or real estate. Real estate if the money is substantial enough to buy an apartment for the child, but if the money can only buy a plot of land, i will say investing in shares is better.
I am saying this from experience, my father bought plots of land for us in adigbe area of abeokuta in 1985 from ogun state govt. But when we needed the land, Gbenga Daniel had relocated the land to politicians because the area is now a high brow area.

My uncle who worked as an accountant with one of the quoted companies in the food and beverages sector and he used a lower amount of money to buy shares for my cousins in 1986. He was also re-investing the dividends, when he died in 2008. The least portfolio size of my cousins was more than 10 million Naira and the highest which belongs to the eldest son was 18 million.

In my uncle will the shares should only be transferred to the children when they are 40 years, the eldest got his own in july 2010.
I think investment in shares is the best for a child, that is what l have did for my baby boy.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by sgsltd(m): 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
just buy it with the name of your kids call me now 08169267593 gloriagardencity@yahoo.com just for kid only
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by V6ix(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
education
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by manie(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2010
V6ix:

education
that is a right. every child must be educated and that is basic. after education what else can you do for your child.
Re: What Is The Best Investment For Kids ? by Lovelygbems: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
We have low risk investment with affordable rates plus yearly bonuses for your child's education....

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Sell My Shares? / List Of Startup Accelerators And Incubators In Nigeria / Please What Business Can I Do With 1 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.