Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists (6909 Views)

Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Judek2(m): 5:29am On Apr 14, 2012
tbaba1234: When an atheist becomes agnostic

A few weeks ago, i had a discussion with a friend of mine who is an atheist. We spoke for over 4 hours and we analysed the contentions of atheism. After our discussion, she began to contemplate the possibility of a God.

At the end, she began to concede. The 'rational basis' of the atheist argument fell flat. And she began to see the improbability of a world without a creator. What defines that creator is the next step.... She was a bit overwhelmed when i started to talk about the Quran (i had to stop short but she promised to read the translation). Hopefully, she finds the courage to take the next logical but understandably difficult step.

The atheist who loses faith can be categorized into 3 groups (my categorization): Sometimes it is a mixture of a number

[b]1. A person who is dissatisfied with the restriction placed on him by faith and feels the need for 'freedom'.

2. One who is disillusioned by the practices of members of their faith and who project that to the entire population.

3. A person who questions the rational basis of his faith and its practises and doesn't find anyone willing to provide the answers.

A brief analysis

1. Number 1 is probably the worst of the lot: He is simply saying: I don't believe in God because he doesn't let me do what i want to do.... This is the baby attitude of some atheists. They forget that our lives are filled with restrictions.

Our parents set rules around the house, our govt tells us how fast to drive. Failure to adhere to these rules are usually accompanied by punishments and fines.

It is a silly reason to leave faith because you think being told to have sex only in marriage is restrictive for instance. It is such a childish reason.

2. Priests raping kids, suicide bombers killing innocent civilians, kids killed after being accused of witchcraft, honor killings.

People who lose faith because of these reasons base their faith loss on purely emotional reasons. This is not a logical way to look at things. Religious ideologies can be twisted to fit the political and social aim of any one. A proper analysis into the faith could reveal that these actions are not related to the faith. There could be cultural practises unrelated to the religion (in the case of honor killings) or a twisted ideology to achieve political ends (suicide bombing). Look at the classical sources and don't make emotional choices.

3. There must be a rational basis in the foundation of any faith. However, before one loses faith one should always try to meet the knowledgeable and understand the rational basis for that faith. Not all truths can be deduced rationally but the underlining belief must meet the criteria of common sense.

Losing faith in one belief system is not equal to God does not exist. I would argue that there is a better common sense argument for the existence of a creator...

[/quote]

Quit that useless propaganda. .
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Nobody: 5:49am On Apr 14, 2012
Eklektika: I v neva seen a born atheist,funny,sha. Its wen 'they' bgin 2 grow up n bcom opinion8d n 'logiqal' den they'll start 4ming atheists. Mtcheeeeewww! Abegggy!
Maybe you need to read about the Piraha tribe of Brazil..

Judek2: Being an atheist is just related to one trying vehimently to escape the very nature and challange imbibed in him.
Infact, atheists are the most troubled set,knowing that they are wrestling themselves with what they cant quite clerify,giving them the opportunity to indulge only in what they assume. Just like science.

I tell you, ATHEISTS PITY THEMSELVES.
And the millions of Christians asking the Holy Spirit to keep filling them? Waiting for breakthroughs? Losing their loved ones despite their righteousness? Jesus whom said 'Why has thou forsaken me'? Everyone gets depressed, it doesn't have anything to do with religion.

Callotti: Please, as an Agnonstic cool. . .there is always a possiblility that some kind of a being exists.
AGNOSTICS ARE SUPER-SUPRA-PARA-INTELLEGENT ATHEISTS. . . because they at least try to humor you PHOCKING CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITES AND BORN-AGAIN REETARED BIGOTS. . .by helping you figure out what kind of a USELESS GOD your claim to worship IN YOUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin
Has to one of the worst posts I've read on nairaland... what exactly are you trying to impact?

Eklektika: I v thot of this atheist stuff seriously a yl baq n i must confess d@ any1 who claims s/he iz an atheist iz simply indulging in mental laziness. Being freed 4rm d shaqls of 'believing' in a SUPREME DEITY myt sim chiq buh in d lng run,it leads 2 entropy.I c no direct r/shp btw folx who behave badly n d prezence of a SUPREME DEITY. D@ ppl r bhaving badly doez nt in any way neg8 d xistence of GOD. D sheer xpanse,coherence n order of d universe iz in itself a testimony 2 d intellingence of SMBDY HYA UP. It smaqs of pathetiq n cheap publicity d@ atheists strive 2 convince us d@ GOD doeznt exist,y I v neva seen a born atheist,funny,sha. Its wen 'they' bgin 2 grow up n bcom opinion8d n 'logiqal' den they'll start 4ming atheists. Mtcheeeeewww! Abegggy!
Are you using an Arabic keyboard?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Callotti: 6:34am On Apr 14, 2012
musKeeto:
Has to one of the worst posts I've read on nairaland... what exactly are you trying to impact?

I am greatly honoured. cool
Not meant to be palatable. Just trying to help Christians figure out their kind of God. Nothing more. Nothing is sacred to me. Just exercizing my right to free speech or writing. . . like y'awl have all over NL.Thanks. kiss This is an atheistic thread. . .not a theistic one. Nothing is off limits. kiss
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 6:42am On Apr 14, 2012
Judek2: Being an atheist is just related to one trying vehimently to escape the very nature and challange imbibed in him.
Infact, atheists are the most troubled set,knowing that they are wrestling themselves with what they cant quite clerify,giving them the opportunity to indulge only in what they assume. Just like science.

Your religion calls atheists fools and you expect people to listen to your gospel?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Callotti: 6:47am On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Your religion calls atheists fools and you expect people to listen to your gospel?

Don't mind the bigotted ijjiot!
Nasty hypocritic scumbags! cheesy
To think his forking name is 'Jude'. . . aka killer-winch for christ!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 6:57am On Apr 14, 2012

A few weeks ago, i had a discussion with a friend of mine who is an atheist. We spoke for over 4 hours and we analysed the contentions of atheism. After our discussion, she began to contemplate the possibility of a God.

At the end, she began to concede. The 'rational basis' of the atheist argument fell flat. And she began to see the improbability of a world without a creator. What defines that creator is the next step.... She was a bit overwhelmed when i started to talk about the Quran (i had to stop short but she promised to read the translation). Hopefully, she finds the courage to take the next logical but understandably difficult step.

The atheist who loses faith can be categorized into 3 groups (my categorization): Sometimes it is a mixture of a number

1. A person who is dissatisfied with the restriction placed on him by faith and feels the need for 'freedom'.

2. One who is disillusioned by the practices of members of their faith and who project that to the entire population.

3. A person who questions the rational basis of his faith and its practises and doesn't find anyone willing to provide the answers.

A brief analysis

1. Number 1 is probably the worst of the lot: He is simply saying: I don't believe in God because he doesn't let me do what i want to do.... This is the baby attitude of some atheists. They forget that our lives are filled with restrictions.

Our parents set rules around the house, our govt tells us how fast to drive. Failure to adhere to these rules are usually accompanied by punishments and fines.

It is a silly reason to leave faith because you think being told to have sex only in marriage is restrictive for instance. It is such a childish reason.

2. Priests raping kids, suicide bombers killing innocent civilians, kids killed after being accused of witchcraft, honor killings.

People who lose faith because of these reasons base their faith loss on purely emotional reasons. This is not a logical way to look at things. Religious ideologies can be twisted to fit the political and social aim of any one. A proper analysis into the faith could reveal that these actions are not related to the faith. There could be cultural practises unrelated to the religion (in the case of honor killings) or a twisted ideology to achieve political ends (suicide bombing). Look at the classical sources and don't make emotional choices.

3. There must be a rational basis in the foundation of any faith. However, before one loses faith one should always try to meet the knowledgeable and understand the rational basis for that faith. Not all truths can be deduced rationally but the underlining belief must meet the criteria of common sense.

Losing faith in one belief system is not equal to God does not exist. I would argue that there is a better common sense argument for the existence of a creator...

Did yu even read the topic post? What are the number 1 and 2 reasons for a christian becoming an atheist? number 2 is the activites of God and his followers while number one is the the fallacies in the bible

1) Activities of God- logical argument; a perfect God can not create and imperfect world. If God is omnipotent, why does he need followers to do his bidding?

2) Fallacies in the bible- logical argument; why are ALL the major holy books flawed? Doesnt this mean that no human being truly knows god and what is the point of there being a god if nobody seems to have a clue about him? Why does god fail to reveal himself?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 7:42am On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Did yu even read the topic post? What are the number 1 and 2 reasons for a christian becoming an atheist? number 2 is the activites of God and his followers while number one is the the fallacies in the bible

1) Activities of God- logical argument; a perfect God can not create and imperfect world. If God is omnipotent, why does he need followers to do his bidding?

2) Fallacies in the bible- logical argument; why are ALL the major holy books flawed? Doesnt this mean that no human being truly knows god and what is the point of there being a god if nobody seems to have a clue about him? Why does god fail to reveal himself?

I addressed the reverse question, why do atheists lose faith?

1. What omnipotence really implies is the ability to actualise every affair, rather than raw power.

If the purpose of man's creation of earth is for fun and happiness then there is a problem with an imperfect world. However, if the purpose of creating Man is other than that then the imperfection in the world is secondary because it wasn't created to be perfect for man.

Whenever a muslim says: God is 'Good'. Good is not related to what human experience calls good:: Good as God's attribute is unique and transcendental and refers only to the creator.

Also, We do not just define God as being good. We look at God in relation to all his attributes; The Just, The wise, The Avenger, The Compassionate, The severe in punishment and so on. So what you might call suffering in the world could be

1. God's punishment for human sins

2. God wisdom, as there may be divine wisdom in permitting evil and suffering which you can't really argue with because then you will be arguing from a position of Ignorance: (read Quran 18 60-82)

Muslim do not have a problem with an imperfect world for the following reasons..

1. The primary purpose of the human being is not happiness rather it is to know and worship God. This fulfillment of the divine purpose will result in everlasting bliss and happiness. So if this is our primary purpose other aspects of human experience are secondary. The Qur’an, states: “I did not create either jinn or man except to worship Me.” [Qur’an 51:56-57]

2. God also created us for a test, and part of this test is to be tested with suffering and evil. The Qur’an mentions “The One Who created death and life, so that He may put you to test, to find out which of you is best in deeds: He is the all-Almighty, the all-Forgiving” [Qur’an 67: 2]

3. Having hardship and suffering enables us to realise and know God’s attributes such as ‘the Victorious’ and ‘the Healer’. For example without the pain and suffering of illness we would not appreciate the attribute of God being ‘the Healer’. Knowing God is a greater good, and worth the experience of suffering or pain as it will mean the fulfillment of our primary purpose.

4. People can also suffer from past, present or future sins. God has knowledge of everything which is not contingent on time. Please refer to the story of Khidr in the Qur’an where it mentions Khidr’s reply to Prophet Moses “All this was done as a mercy from your Lord. What I did was not done by my own will. That is the interpretation of those actions which you could not bear to watch with patience.”[Qur’an 18:82]

5. God has given us free will, and free will includes choosing evil acts.

The Psychology of Worship I wrote this before but i think it addresses the question

In Islam, we have a different outlook on the creator:
In the first chapter of the Quran,

Allah introduces himself with 2 attributes of mercy : the rahman and the raheem

Rahman is used only to describe God, while raheem might be used to describe a person as well. The Prophet was described in the Qur’an as raheem. Rahman is above the human level (i.e., intensely merciful). Since one usually understands intensity to be something of short duration, God describes Himself also as raheem (i.e., continually merciful).

the Rahman - Rahman also carries a wider meaning - merciful to all creation. Justice is a part of this mercy.

Raheem includes the concept of speciality - especially and specifically merciful to the believers. Forgiveness
is a part of this mercy.

Allah then reminds us that he is the Rabb and that all thanks and praise belong to Him: Rabb means owner, master, ruler, controller, sustainer, provider, guardian and caretaker.)

1. In the name of God, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
2. [All] praise is [due] to God, rabb (owner, master, ruler, controller, sustainer, provider, guardian and caretaker.) of the worlds (1:1-2)

The psychology of the muslim is that of always being thankful because whatever we have or get is a gift. We own nothing. Allah is our master, owner, sustainer, provider.

If i had 1 good hand, i am grateful for the gift of my one hand, because nothing is truly yours.

With this, you will be grateful, content and happy with everything and realize that everything you have is a mercy. If you start to view everything you have as not really yours but as a mercy to you: your outlook on life changes completely. And you start to see how merciful the creator is. And you are more content.

Worship is for you not for the creator. It is gratitude for mercy

The Quran states:

And He subjected for you the sun and the moon, continuous [in orbit], and subjected for you the night and the day. And He gave you from all you asked ofHim.And if you should count the favor [i.e., blessings] of God, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, mankind is [generally] most unjust and ungrateful {14:33-34}

2. I have studied the Quran for years and i am yet to see an error. Attempts at finding errors are always deeply flawed.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Judek2(m): 9:11am On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

What is more of foolishness than one who forces himself to believe in something that means nothing to him in a free mind?.
Thats a random and hopeless life compared to earth animals.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by ATMC(f): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2012
@calloti, smh~~all dt wasn't necessary... @numo86 i agree with u to some extent. D summary of atheism is simply disappointment in 'god'. Nd disappointment stems from expectation dt went unmet. There's something u said dt didn't go down well with me nd dt is d everlasting life granted 2 groups but in different places, actually everlasting life is granted to just one group...d righteous ones...d others perish in everlasting fire, d everlasting is d feature of d fire. It is eternal, it continues even after they perish. Mark d word perish, they don't continue living. True christians are really not seen in churches as a matter of factly, this is with respect to our ancestors...there is a spark of god in we all nd so we r guided aright if we yield. I'm not an atheist but i have a problem with being in church cos there is no love amongst most church goers though they preach love even d highest of them don't practice it, little wonder people are discouraged nd wander...little wonder also y judgement will begin from d household of 'god' as woe betide he through whom offences will come. Cheers!
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:22am On Apr 14, 2012
emöfine2:

1) Some people assume that whatever belief system they adhere to will automatically be the one their children will adopt like my parents unfortunately. . .bless them. So when I call myself an apostate I mean that I was once subjected to that belief system as it was the staple religion of my household.

2) I believe spirituality is subjective and the truth is not manifested in one context alone.

3) That’s why I closed the sentence with “from my observation”. I wouldn’t say it’s fact it’s just been my encounter.
Can you do me a favour and fully explain your spiritual inclination? Are you still subjected to christainity or are you an atheist?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2012
Eklektika: I v thot of this atheist stuff seriously a yl baq n i must confess d@ any1 who claims s/he iz an atheist iz simply indulging in mental laziness. Being freed 4rm d shaqls of 'believing' in a SUPREME DEITY myt sim chiq buh in d lng run,it leads 2 entropy.I c no direct r/shp btw folx who behave badly n d prezence of a SUPREME DEITY. D@ ppl r bhaving badly doez nt in any way neg8 d xistence of GOD. D sheer xpanse,coherence n order of d universe iz in itself a testimony 2 d intellingence of SMBDY HYA UP. It smaqs of pathetiq n cheap publicity d@ atheists strive 2 convince us d@ GOD doeznt exist,y I v neva seen a born atheist,funny,sha. Its wen 'they' bgin 2 grow up n bcom opinion8d n 'logiqal' den they'll start 4ming atheists. Mtcheeeeewww! Abegggy!
You've never seen a born atheist? Rofl..seems you knowledge of world history may be poor. Im 100% sure you know nada about atheists angry
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2012
afam4eva:

If they do, they'll go astray. They just want the status quo to remain.
So if they do they find out the truth?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:29am On Apr 14, 2012

Just like science? i pity you angry
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 10:31am On Apr 14, 2012

1. A person who is dissatisfied with the restriction placed on him by faith and feels the need for 'freedom'.

A brief analysis

Hahaha..i will so want to involve in a 1 hour discussion with you. I will want to hear what you've got.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 11:37am On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: Hahaha..i will so want to involve in a 1 hour discussion with you. I will want to hear what you've got.

As long as both parties are open minded, it will be fruitful::
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mazaje(m): 11:50am On Apr 14, 2012
tbaba1234:

Is allah entirely merciful as your post above says?. . . .Do you know what merciful is? merciful means to treat people better than they deserve, how can you claim allah is entirely merciful and also claim he is also just or an avenger, do you see the logical inconsistency in that assertion. i know you will come along with the ridiculous claim that allah being merciful does not apply in human terms the entirely merciful attribute of allah is transcendental and applies to him alone, but what you are saying is that allah is nothing, because he can not be set or put in context that has any meaning. . .If we use this logic then anything goes. . .
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Aksum: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2012
1. Intelligence
2. Critical thinking
3. Knowledge
4. Wars other atrocaties justfied in religion
5. Contradictions in the "holy" books
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mazaje(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2012

A brief analysis

Assuming the universe has a creator(s) it does NOT validate islam because you DO NOT have any evidence to show that the creator or creators of the universe is the made up entity written about in the koran. . . .Scientist have stated that a universe that lacks a creator is possible as well, should we also accept their hypothesis?. . .As for people living faith because of rules, the rules set by most religion especially islam are outdated and is not compatible to modern system of life. . .We have saudi arabi, iran and afgahnistan under the taliban as example of muslims societies, how well do those societies fare compared to secular societies that have done away with the nonsense that is islamic theocracy and dictatorship?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 12:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
tbaba1234:

Ok. So when will it be?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2012
tbaba1234:

2. I have studied the Quran for years and i am yet to see an error. Attempts at finding errors are always deeply flawed.

So you say that the bible is flawed and the koran is flawless? As an atheist, this is a joke to me. Both books are flawed.

-The Koran is worse as it borrows the failed story of Adam and Eve. How did Adam and Eve's children have children without incest?

-The Koran is one of the most impossible books to read in English. I have never read it in Arabic but the style of narration in English is just haphazard.

-Tell me, is the Koran not as sexist as the bible when it allows a muslim man to marry a non-muslim but a muslim woman can not do the same? I have a muslim girlfriend, by the way.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Judek2(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: Just like science? i pity you angry

Science is a modified aspect of atheism.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2012
Judek2:

Science is a modified aspect of atheism.
and yet you live,breath,talk and eat science(atheism) everyday. Does that make sense?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mazaje(m): 12:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

So you say that the bible is flawed and the koran is flawless? As an atheist, this is a joke to me. Both books are flawed.

-The Koran is worse as it borrows the failed story of Adam and Eve. How did Adam and Eve's children have children without incest?

-The Koran is one of the most impossible books to read in English. I have never read it in Arabic but the style of narration in English is just haphazard.

-Tell me, is the Koran not as sexist as the bible when it allows a muslim man to marry a non-muslim but a muslim woman can not do the same? I have a muslim girlfriend, by the way.

tbaba123 keeps repeating this LIE that there are no errors in the koran, but when you take him up on the challenge and show him there there ARE errors in the koran he resorts to some ridiculous tactics and excuses like, it wasn't translated very well in english, so he goes around picking words giving them many different meanings and using the very different meanings to apply on the same word in the context that the koran uses it, if that one fails he then resorts to say that the error is in interpretation and not from the koran itself. . . .That is what ALL muslim apologist do. . .the use this ridiculous tactics all the time. . . .They suspended logic and rationality and even throw what the koran actually says under the bus just to prove a non existent point. . .

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje:

tbaba123 keeps repeating this LIE that there are no errors in the koran, but when you take him up on the challenge and show him there there ARE errors in the koran he resorts to some ridiculous tactics and excuses like, it wasn't translated very well in english, so he goes around picking words giving them many different meanings and using the very different meanings to apply on the same word in the context that the koran uses it, if that one fails he then resorts to say that the error is in interpretation and not from the koran itself. . . .That is what ALL muslim apologist do. . .the use this ridiculous tactics all the time. . . .They suspended logic and rationality and even throw what the koran actually says under the bus just to prove a non existent point. . .

You need to watch their Baba in London called Hamza Tortis. This Hamza guy is a mental gymnast for the Koran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOlpj886H4
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
How can you profess imperfection and then demand perfection of others, of christians and co? On what grounds?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: How can you profess imperfection and then demand perfection of others, of christians and co? On what grounds?

I don't ask christians to be perfect. I only ask that a perfect God should have at least one perfect creation- but he failed. God himself even died on the cross- a perfect God cant die.

As for christians, they believe that only them can have a license to sin because they can be forgiven and go to heaven. Ahtiests like me can live a good life but will still go to hell. Stupidity, I say
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by mazaje(m): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
^^

I am very familiar with Hamza and his tactics. . . . .He uses the same methods christians apologist like william lane craig use. Actually he copies ALL his arguments from them, while they created the arguments he ONLY plagiarize their arguments and insert the word allah where they originally inserted yahweh in theirs. . .Why is it that muslims are NOT original and only resort to plagiarism?. .

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje: ^^

I am very familiar with Hamza and his tactics. . . . .He uses the same and methods christians apologist like william lane craig use. Actually he copies ALL his arguments from them, while they created the arguments he ONLY plagiarize their arguments and insert the word allah where they originally inserted yahweh in theirs. . .Why is it that muslims are NOT original and only resort to plagiarism?. .

grin grin grin grin

I am almost dying of laughter. I didnt know that Hamza's stupidity was widely known!
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Please, as an Agnonstic cool. . .there is always a possiblility that some kind of a being exists.
AGNOSTICS ARE SUPER-SUPRA-PARA-INTELLEGENT ATHEISTS. . . because they at least try to humor you PHOCKING CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITES AND BORN-AGAIN REETARDED BIGOTS. . .by helping you figure out what kind of a USELESS GOD your claim to worship IN YOUR OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS.

Here goes: kiss

But the manner of his existence is what I question. The inconsistencies and the outright disability in controlling the so-called world it claimed to have created.
It is NOT A STEP towards a deist or theistic stance.
Just a ponder.
Thank you!

Pertinent questions.

DOES YOUR GOD CARRY A 'HANDICAP' SIGN ON HIS OR HER VEHICLE OR SHOULD I SAY 'WINGS'?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/680832[/img]

Only a FOOLISH AND DAFT God will allow his own creation aka Satan to destroy the world he created 'that was all good'!
Even Obama did not tolerate that kind of CRRRRRRRRAP from Osama!

Only a DAMNED LAZY God will allow the likes of TB Joshua and Oyedepo to use his so-called HOLY NAME to rip fools on Earth off!

Only a DUMB IMPOTENT God will act like you "Auspicious Ekiti deekless-wonders online and use several monikers to go and be phocking other people's wives offline. . .and claim you are the 'HOLY GHOST' pehnis! BECAUSE HIS OWN PEHNIS IS TOO TOO SMALL TO TAKE CREDIT FOR CONCEIVING BASTARDS AS SAVIOUR WITH ANOTHER MEN'S PATERNITY ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES OF SUCH BASTARDS!!! tongue

IF YOUR GOD COULD PHOCK. . .HE WOULD HAVE FATHERED A CHILD FOR HIMSELF! NO NEED SNEAKING IN AND OUT OF JOSEPH'S WIFES POOHSIE. . .POOR MARY GOT R-APED AND DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT. SHE MUST HAVE HAND DOWN'S SYNDROME OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. OR SHE WAS DRUGGED WITH SOME DATE-R-APE DRUG FOR SURE BY THIS YOUR GOD IN THE FORM OF OYEDEPO OR TUBERCULOSIS JOSHUA!!! kiss

Only a JEALOUS AND MISERABLE GOD will be angry for others using their d-e-e-ks and poohsies effectively because he has a DEAD AND IMPOTENT one! BECAUSE HE CAN'T PHOCK SHYTE AND GETS TOO MUCH E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI WHEN ATHEISTS AND AGNOSTIC ARE SCREAMING WITH H-OR-GASMIC H-ECTASIES IN THE BEDROOM FROM BELOW , HAVING A SWELL TIME. . .INSTEAD OF PRAISING HIS USELESS AZZZZE IN SOME SHRINES OF CHURCHES AKA SPEAKING IN TONGUES. . .AND FOR NOT BEING STOOPID ENOUGH TO GIVE HIS SO-CALLED AZZEHOLES OF PASTORS A DOGGGONE DIME FOR TITHES! tongue

. . . and many more attributes!

Should I go on about this GOD OF YOURS? wink

No doubt he or she exists for sure. . . BUT HE MUST BE EVEN MORE STOOPID THAN YOURSELF!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! grin
please really read this thing that you have just posted. since you believe that a higher being exists, how do you see Him? what are His qualities? do you believe He created this world? please don't reply if you want to insult me, thank you.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

I don't ask christians to be perfect. I only ask that a perfect God should have at least one perfect creation- but he failed. God himself even died on the cross- a perfect God cant die.

As for christians, they believe that only them can have a license to sin because they can be forgiven and go to heaven. Ahtiests like me can live a good life but will still go to hell. Stupidity, I say
Your OP shows your asking christians to be perfect. You're disgusted because of their imperfections. What is your definition of a perfect God?. Nobody has a license to sin, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Callotti: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
brokoto:
please really read this thing that you have just posted. since you believe that a higher being exists, how do you see Him? what are His qualities? do you believe He created this world? please don't reply if you want to insult me, thank you.

First of all. . .I only insult people who insult me. I was raised right. . .but never to put up with abusive personalities on or offline. You were polite, so I will answer you politely.

I am apt to believe there is a creative force that powers every living and non-living thing. Christians call it God. Muslims call it Allah. I call it 'the force'.

Let me tell you about 'the intelligent force'. It is called evolution.
It was created with humans already in it.
There is a constant struggle for dominance between these unknown forces(ignorance) we do not know and the human forces we are familiar with.
No, I do not see the unknown force. It has no qualities. All I am familiar with are what my senses can perceive.
No, I don't believe the unknown forces created this world. I am only guessing that all evolved together. . . .to study each other.

The unknown forces are that which I cannot explain with science. With time, we shall discover everything through experimentation and learning.

Religion remains an obstacle to such a process. No surprises there. Religion strives on the dogma of ignorance. I prefer the path of learning. kiss
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
Your OP shows your asking christians to be perfect. You're disgusted because of their imperfections. What is your definition of a perfect God?. Nobody has a license to sin, Jesus Christ came to save us from sin.

I am not asking anyone to be perfect. Jesus came to save us? Really? What about the slave trading during Jesus' time? Did he save the slaves from bondage? What about the sick in Africa? Why was he only healing people in the middle east? He couldnt have postponed his suicide (since he knew that he was going to die/be betrayed) to tour the world on healing and preaching?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Difference Between Christmas Eve & Watch Night? / The Doctrines Of The Jehovah Witnesses Vs The Holy Bible Of God / Behold one of World's largest 100,000 Capacity Church Of Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.