Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists (6913 Views)

Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Why Religion Section Will Always Turn Christians Into Atheists, Not Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2012
logicboy:

So you say that the bible is flawed and the koran is flawless? As an atheist, this is a joke to me. Both books are flawed.

-The Koran is worse as it borrows the failed story of Adam and Eve. How did Adam and Eve's children have children without incest?

-The Koran is one of the most impossible books to read in English. I have never read it in Arabic but the style of narration in English is just haphazard.

-Tell me, is the Koran not as sexist as the bible when it allows a muslim man to marry a non-muslim but a muslim woman can not do the same? I have a muslim girlfriend, by the way.

The story of adam and eve in the Quran is significantly different from the christian account...

1. Adam was created for the earth so either way he was going to earth

2. The garden was a period of preparation for his eventual destination

3. Eating an apple was not the worst sin in the history of the world

4. Adam sought forgivness and he was forgiven

5 The earth existed with creatures on it way before Adam was created.

6. Adam children married each other. This is clearly discussed in islamic tradition.

- The translation of the Arabic language is a difficult task, Some translations are better than others.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2012
tbaba1234:

6. Adam children married each other. This is clearly discussed in islamic tradition.

- The translation of the Arabic language is a difficult task, Some translations are better than others.

You therefore accept my 2 points;

1) Your God allowed inbreeding which he later said was wrong.

2) To understand the Koran in English is almost impossible
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by tbaba1234: 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2012
logicboy:

You therefore accept my 2 points;

1) Your God allowed inbreeding which he later said was wrong.

2) To understand the Koran in English is almost impossible

what two points?

1.) The concession was given because there was a greater priority, the need for the species to spread.... That priority does not exist any more.

2.) I disagree- There are some good works of translation with some excellent commentary:::
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2012
tbaba1234:

what two points?

1.) The concession was given because there was a greater priority, the need for the species to spread.... That priority does not exist any more.

2.) I disagree- There are some good works of translation with some excellent commentary:::

Then your God is foolish. He could have made thousands of human beings at the same time in order not to contradict himself on inbreeding.

Name any good english koran you know
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 12:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
Image123:
Christ came to give us power, to save us from sin. Nonetheless we still have the will to choose from day to day, who to obey and serve. It's like a potential that lies in every believer. There's that potential/possibility of being holy. Unfortunately, many do not fulfill it and they have their reward.
Hell was made for the devil and his angels, but any human who chooses not to follow God will join the devil there. You're either with God or without. Without God is hell.

Do you enjoy telling non-christains that they will burn in hell if they dont accept your God?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2012
logicboy:

Do you enjoy telling non-christains that they will burn in hell if they dont accept your God?

Yes! We love to drum home that part because it is a fact and will happen grin
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
rastamouse:

Yes! We love to drum home that part because it is a fact and will happen grin

yet, you have no idea where hell is, you have never seen it and you cant describe it?

Is hell like the inside of a volcano or a furncace or an oven? Is it flames or lava? Is it pitchdark or do the flames give hell a bright light?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by solomon111(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
I just pity these so-called atheists.
Who do you think you are doing?
The reason you see christians preaching the gospel of our lord jesus christ day and night in the most dangerous and obscure places of the world,is because jesus commanded it,and they do not want anybody's blood on their neck.
In the grand scheme of things,you are on your own,and each person will answer for his/her self!
So pls stop reminding us with the fact that you are atheists and the one thousand and one reasons you chose to be atheists.
You have no excuse whatsoever for whatever fate you earn in the after-life,because you have been told repeatedly about the gospel of our lord jesus christ,but you have chosen to reject it.
Nobody can save you,if you dont want to be saved.
After all said and done,you hold the ultimate choice in your hand!
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
solomon111: I just pity these so-called atheists.
The reason you see christians preaching the gospel of our lord jesus christ day and night in the most dangerous and obscure places of the world,is because jesus commanded it,and they do not want anybody's blood on their neck.
In the grand scheme of things,you are on your own,and each person will answer for his/her self!
So pls stop reminding us with the fact that you are atheists and the one thousand and one reasons you chose to be atheists.
You have no excuse whatsoever for whatever fate you earn in the after-life,because you have been told repeatedly about the gospel of our lord jesus christ,but you have chosen to reject it.

Why do christains so selfish and arrogant? Why do christians feel that they have a license to sin because God will forgive them but if a non-christian lives a saintly life, the non-christain will go to hell. Are you saying that Buddhist monks who live a celibate and immaterial life consisting of helping other people are going to hell?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by ea7(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
solomon111: I just pity these so-called atheists.
you assert withoou evidence and say we have been warned. Fuc.k you chriatians, you all suck.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by solomon111(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
ea7: you assert withoou evidence and say we have been warned. Fuc.k you chriatians, you all suck.
Okay!
No problem.
If you think you are more knowledgeable and wiser than all the millions of people over the eons of time, who have followed the lord,including those who have being priviledged to pay the ultimate price for the name of the lord jesus,then you are indeed on your own.
As i said before, nobody will bear the consequences of your actions.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
solomon111: Okay!
No problem.
If you think you are more knowledgeable and wiser than all the millions of people over the eons of time, who have followed the lord,including those who have being priviledged to pay the ultimate price for the name of the lord jesus,then you are indeed on your own.

millions of people believed that the earth was flat....still doesnt make it true
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by ea7(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
solomon111: Okay!
No problem.
they didnt have access to what we have now. Sorry about my above, your kind has been stepping on my nerves rather hard.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by SisiKill1: 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
Person A - I don't believe there is a God and in the accuracy of the Bible

Person B - Ah! How can you say that?!! The Bible says God. . .

Person A - There is no Hell

Person B - Yeparipa! You going straight to hell for that because the Bible says. . .

I've never understood the logic behind quoting the Bible to win an argument against someone who doesn't believe the Bible or trying to change someone's mind by threatening them with something (like Hell) they obviously don't believe in it.

Honestly, It is almost as if it is a knee jack reaction. . .they see something they think is "against" Christianity and without even bothering understand the other POV before ramming Bible verses down their throats and threatening them with fire and brimstone. How do you hope to win a debate if you don't even attempt to understand what your opponent is saying, so you counter it properly. . . No wonder most of the "discourse" on this section always end up in pointless arguments.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Person A - I don't believe there is a God and in the accuracy of the Bible

Person B - Ah! How can you say that?!! The Bible says God. . .

Person A - There is no Hell

Person B - Yeparipa! You going straight to hell for that because the Bible says. . .

I've never understood the logic behind quoting the Bible to win an argument against someone who doesn't believe the Bible or trying to change someone's mind by threatening them with something (like Hell) they obviously don't believe in it.

Honestly, It is almost as if it is a knee jack reaction. . .they see something they think is "against" Christianity and without even bothering understand the other POV before ramming Bible verses down their throats and threatening them with fire and brimstone. How do you hope to win a debate if you don't even attempt to understand what your opponent is saying, so you counter it properly. . . No wonder most of the "discourse" on this section always end up in pointless arguments.

Have you ever considered that hell may be real that is why so many people talk about it?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by SisiKill1: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
You miss my point. . .not that I'm surprised. undecided
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by bigd4050: 8:14am On Apr 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill: You miss my point. . .not that I'm surprised. undecided

No surprise there, every thread I go onto rastamouse is trolling, his arguments are incredibly weak so he stirs up conflict.

As to what you said before, I think it is because the Christians who dare to speak on the internet are attacked so easily. We know the arguments your going to say, so we often try to cut you off. I think this is done by both atheists and Christians, atheists just say things like "you stupid illogical faith believing..." and so on. You know our arguments and care more about proving us wrong than hearing us, and Christians do the same thing. I actually agree with you that if there could be some respect given for someone else's point of view, there would be much more effective debates.

Let's move on to your argument about going to the Bible and bringing up Hell everytime you disagree. I think first of all, bringing up Hell to scare someone because your losing an argument is pathetic. Its brought up so much it has lost its effect. And its only brought up when people are losing an argument. If they are winning, you never see it. Its the Christian way of saying "well I lost the argument, but you'll lose in the end1" and that is one of the most pathetic things I think a Christian can do. At least explain why or say it earlier in the argument. Don't just throw it out there because your a crybaby that lost.

As for why we quote the Bible: it is because we accept the Bible as fact. We go to a book just like you do. I am 100% positive that you haven't tested all the things you believe yourself, you have probably read most of them. So you still put your faith in books or websites too, its just from the opposite side of the spectrum. And you can't say your beliefs in evolution are scientifical because they have not been proven as fact, nor have they refuted Christianity, or it would not still be around.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

No surprise there, every thread I go onto rastamouse is trolling, his arguments are incredibly weak so he stirs up conflict.

As to what you said before, I think it is because the Christians who dare to speak on the internet are attacked so easily. We know the arguments your going to say, so we often try to cut you off. I think this is done by both atheists and Christians, atheists just say things like "you stupid illogical faith believing..." and so on. You know our arguments and care more about proving us wrong than hearing us, and Christians do the same thing. I actually agree with you that if there could be some respect given for someone else's point of view, there would be much more effective debates.

Let's move on to your argument about going to the Bible and bringing up Hell everytime you disagree. I think first of all, bringing up Hell to scare someone because your losing an argument is pathetic. Its brought up so much it has lost its effect. And its only brought up when people are losing an argument. If they are winning, you never see it. Its the Christian way of saying "well I lost the argument, but you'll lose in the end1" and that is one of the most pathetic things I think a Christian can do. At least explain why or say it earlier in the argument. Don't just throw it out there because your a crybaby that lost.

As for why we quote the Bible: it is because we accept the Bible as fact. We go to a book just like you do. I am 100% positive that you haven't tested all the things you believe yourself, you have probably read most of them. So you still put your faith in books or websites too, its just from the opposite side of the spectrum. And you can't say your beliefs in evolution are scientifical because they have not been proven as fact, nor have they refuted Christianity, or it would not still be around.

Why don't you just concentrate on giving your points? I might not be this charitable on you the next time. and BTW what are the logical points that you think you make?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by bigd4050: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

Why don't you just concentrate on giving your points? I might not be this charitable on you the next time. and BTW what are the logical points that you think you make?

Your not being charitable...your being outdone. I already laid out my points, read my above post. I encourage you to start doing the same instead of trolling.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by rastamouse: 9:34am On Apr 18, 2012
bigd4050:

Your not being charitable...your being outdone. I already laid out my points, read my above post. I encourage you to start doing the same instead of trolling.

grin I can only laugh at you. You are here for a debate? Well there may be many people around who may be ready to engage in unfruitful debate but I only seek those that will bring some fruits. adieu!
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by bigd4050: 9:41am On Apr 18, 2012
rastamouse:

grin I can only laugh at you. You are here for a debate? Well there may be many people around who may be ready to engage in unfruitful debate but I only seek those that will bring some fruits. adieu!

Well if your leaving I have done my job wink
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 7:01am On Apr 19, 2012
bigd4050:

Bigd4050 is a christian with dignity. We might disagree but at least, he doesnt use the "you're going to hell" excuse or quote tat bible and say that you're a fool for not believing in God

Rastamouse, you have been exposed for the hypocritical and abusive christian that you are. If there's a hell, you'd be there before me. Ironic?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2012
^you don't seem to know what you want. Just few days ago, you were commending me for telling you the truth about your 'hell status', and coercing Goshen360 to do same. Here, it's the opposite. Sinners are ALWAYS confused deep inside, atheist or no.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123: ^you don't seem to know what you want. Just few days ago, you were commending me for telling you the truth about your 'hell status', and coercing Goshen360 to do same. Here, it's the opposite. Sinners are ALWAYS confused deep inside, atheist or no.

What? I am still saying the same thing; I don't like it when christians use the "you're going to hell" excuse to derail debates. The other thing is when they say that a person that says there is no God is a fool. You cant believe that all atheists are fools.

BTW...it's always nice to divide and conquer christians.

Mark 3;24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

What? I am still saying the same thing; I don't like it when christians use the "you're going to hell" excuse to derail debates. The other thing is when they say that a person that says there is no God is a fool. You cant believe that all atheists are fools.

BTW...it's always nice to divide and conquer christians.

Mark 3;24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand
You're pathetic. The same fellow you quote made it clear that the kingdom of God stands victorious and nothing, not even the gates of hell can prevail against it.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123:
You're pathetic. The same fellow you quote made it clear that the kingdom of God stands victorious and nothing, not even the gates of hell can prevail against it.

Is that why christiany is in turmoil? Europe is becoming more atheist and America is becoming more secular?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
logicboy:

Is that why christiany is in turmoil? Europe is becoming more atheist and America is becoming more secular?

What do you mean by turmoil? What do you understand as Christianity? Look at the big picture, God's kingdom owns the future.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123:
What do you mean by turmoil? What do you understand as Christianity? Look at the big picture, God's kingdom owns the future.

Every year, at least a gay pastor comes out

Atheists are growing in Western Countries which are the bedrock of christainity. Nigerian was never a christian country according to history.

Every year, the catholic church/pope gets lambasted for one scandal or the other.

Even preachers of different churches now have beef?

Concerning Nigeria, how do you think christianity came to Nigeria? Was it through slavery or peace?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Image123(m): 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
All these things were already predicted in scriptures, you're late. Iniquity would abound, love of many will wax cold, evil men will wax worse and worsest. BTW, western countries are not the bedrock of christianity, you dishonest fellow. Like i said, look into the future, think big. Forget the scores at half time, i've told you full-time scores.
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
Image123: All these things were already predicted in scriptures, you're late. Iniquity would abound, love of many will wax cold, evil men will wax worse and worsest. BTW, western countries are not the bedrock of christianity, you dishonest fellow. Like i said, look into the future, think big. Forget the scores at half time, i've told you full-time scores.

Is the pope not from italy?

Did christianty not come from Europe to your country?

Is Isreal not in Europe?

The West is the bedrock of christianity today.

Christianiy is in turmoil and in the future, people will classify Jesus as the same with Zeus- a myhtology. It's inevitable
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 20, 2012
Israel's in Asia, right?
Re: 5 Things That Turn Christians Into Atheists by logicboy: 7:32am On Apr 20, 2012
musKeeto: Israel's in Asia, right?

Isreal is in Europe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday / Top Celebs Who Mocked God And How They Ended. / 666 For Whole World starting from march 23, 2013!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.