Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,023 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 (32313 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / I’ll Contest For Presidency In 2015 - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by BlackPikiN(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2012
The Congress for Progressive Change’s presidential candidate in the 2011 general elections, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), [size=20pt]has declared his intention to vie for the position again in 2015.[/size]

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Buhari made his intention known while addressing CPC supporters in Kaduna who visited him. He told the crowd that he would not quit politics adding:

“I am still in until the polity is sanitised and people enjoy the fruits of democracy at all levels of government.” The CPC leader also pledged to ensure that the party continued to field credible candidates at the polls.

He urged party supporters to close ranks for victory in future elections. Buhari advised security agencies, the judiciary and the Independent National Electoral Commission to exhibit high degree of professionalism and patriotism at all times for the progress of the country.

He also urged youths to shun acts of violence, thuggery and money politics to make their future better. Buhari enjoined the people to canvass for their rights by emulating Nasarawa and other areas where CPC triumphed.

Mr. Ibrahim Kailani, the Leader of the group and Igabi local government chairmanship aspirant in Kaduna State, had earlier urged Buhari not to abandon the people.

He solicited for Buhari’s support ahead of the upcoming local government polls in the state and subsequent national elections.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/buhari-to-run-for-presidency-in-2015/

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Ilekokonit: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
Hope we will shun tribal politics in 2015 and vote for this God sent man.

7 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by pssword: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2012
I think it is more than time for the esteemed general to take a bow from politics. It doesn't suit him anymore.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by richardbry: 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2012
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 13, 2012
Biggest Looser Nigeria!!

Buhari is in their hall of fame

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by BlackPikiN(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
I will never forget Buhari. He turned the other way when CORPERS were killed in various part of the north.

Satan punish Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by whitedove(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Shame on Nigerian Youths if these recycled Politicians have their ways come 2015.......Same old politicians who Said that the youth are Bereft of Ideas....God punish devil!

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2012
For now, he seems the best unless we are able to find someone who has a good record with public funds. If he really wants to contest, I would suggest he starts sensitizing the people early enough and not wait till 6months before the election.

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Vigilante: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
2015 politcs has officially started.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by MeGaStReEt: 3:59pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is it by force to Rule Nigeria

become presido or die trying

no retreat no surrender
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2012
I will vote for him (God sparing our life) but I don't think it's a great decision.

5 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by 13volts(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
No where in the article did he say he Will be contesting for presidency, what he said was that he Will remain in politics until the system is sanitised

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by ZUBY77(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
I am eagerly waiting for a comment by Jakumo. He is the only person who describes Buhari well.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Jabioro: 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
Does this general forget something in presidency? many times he has swallowed his words.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Xfactoria: 4:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is it a do or die? Must he be the one?

He has ample time to groom somebody now. He'd better do that or get the mother of all rejection come 2015.

Believe me folks, and I will say this at the risk of sounding tribalistic - a fulani man cannot fix Nigeria because they are always beclouded by ethnic and religious sentiments. All of them without exception.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by saydfact(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2012
THIS IS THE JOKE OF THE CENTURY..... tot our old-dad said "that" was is last....
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by bayfam(m): 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is weak point i think is on religious issues if not with rightful partner like bakare,i believe corruption can be reduce.....mehn thievies plenty for naija clean thievies......God help us.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by lagcity(m): 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sai Buhari! We are behind you.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Yorisb: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
Only in Nigeria........
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Ozonna(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is this a Joke Buhari maybe a good man but he should call it quits. He should groom a youngman and project him to us. Even if its El Rufai, Buhari should raise his hands up and sell him to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by CyberG: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
Interesting that he still wants to contest but that is a good thing that he doesn't give up on his goals and it's his constitutional right but there are TWO questions:

1. Can Buhari put together a team that will forge reliable alliances to make his run most formidable?

2. Will Nigerians look beyond tribal, ethnic and religious sentiments but rather, a record of accomplishments in voting for a candidate?

Someone mentioned about corpers' deaths in the north which is a regrettable thing but what has the government of that time and now done about it? If the government was alive to its responsibilities, any offender or criminal would worry before committing any offence because he is almost certain that he will be found out and punished commensurately. What has the GEJ government done about the violence? How about the BH menace, so much that even his cabinet members are alleged members?

In any case, if Nigeria wants to progress, it's time to elect a leader based on his records, assuming he also tries to show genuine interest in every part of the country, stamping out corruption, enacting policies that will develop the entire country and improve Nigeria's image internationally.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Ournaija: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Old man dusting his CV.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ozonna: Is this a Joke Buhari maybe a good man but he should call it quits. He should groom a youngman and project him to us. Even if its El Rufai, Buhari should raise his hands up and sell him to Nigerians.

Very correct accession !

I think Buhari would be better of supporting another candidate that he thinks is good rather than contest himself.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by coolguy2002: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
the question is will he win
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by teskyg: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2012
He will be disgrace again.pls,groom some one younger or peharps u want to die in power like ur brothers.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Phonon: 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
Not again!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2012
teskyg: He will be disgrace again.pls,groom some one younger or peharps u want to die in power like ur brothers.

What do you mean by the bolded points ?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by VoodooDoll(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2012
If Buhari runs again, then he may just secure GEJ's second term.

Can't people tell the General to groom a replacement. How many times would the populace "reject" him?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by netghost: 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
bloody bokoharamist
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Again? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by ziccoit: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
VoodooDoll: If Buhari runs again, then he may just secure GEJ's second term.

Can't people tell the General to groom a replacement. How many times would the populace "reject" him?

teskyg: He will be disgrace again.pls,groom some one younger or peharps u want to die in power like ur brothers.

X-factoria:
Is it a do or die? Must he be the one?

He has ample time to groom somebody now. He'd better do that or get the mother of all rejection come 2015.

Believe me folks, and I will say this at the risk of sounding tribalistic - a fulani man cannot fix Nigeria because they are always beclouded by ethnic and religious sentiments. All of them without exception.

Jabioro: Does this general forget something in presidency? many times he has swallowed his words.

MeGaStReEt: Is it by force to Rule Nigeria

become presido or die trying

no retreat no surrender

BlackPikiN: I will never forget Buhari. He turned the other way when CORPERS were killed in various part of the north.

Satan punish Buhari!

Okija_juju: Biggest Looser Nigeria!!

Buhari is in their hall of fame

pssword: I think it is more than time for the esteemed general to take a bow from politics. It doesn't suit him anymore.

Others are coming to flood this thread too. They told us how GEJ was going to be a messiah. Now he is failing, they are telling us how he could not be one. Buhari is a tested and trusted figure. Nigerians would use their initiatives this time around.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by buzor(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
this man is a sore looser; we all know him well...
'and d children shoutin - looser looser looser'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: APC, PDP's Chances In Six Geopolitical Zones / News Headlines You Will Start Hearing After NLC Strike Commences.. / Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.