Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43863 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2012
I am a regular poster in other threads except religion. I have followed most threads here without ever commenting. I must say,I came here confused and ignorant about my former religion-Islam. But Nairaland religious section opened my eyes. I searched,researched and after deep reflections, I concluded that all religions are fraudulent and the notion of a almighty God is flawed and won't hold up to rigorous scrutiny.
I used a new I.D to post this because I still remain in the closet. As a religious leader of some of my peeps, it will come as too much of a shock. Their reactions may be harsh. The reason I posted this is that some people are also atheists but due to a fear of being ostracised,they remain quiet. I want you to know you are not alone.

10 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by wirinet(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2012
Welcome to the real world.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Callotti: 11:18am On Apr 14, 2012
You don't have to disclose your new-found identity to anyone.
Bigotry may do you the utmost harm.
Stay safe.
Remember, you are a minority now. You will face a lot of persecution from both Christians and Muslims especially.
Most importantly. . .stay true to yourself and damn what people may feel or think.
It is your life. . .LIVE IT WELL.

I NEVER disclose that I am an agnostic at work. . . too many religious CHRISTIAN bigots might poison my food.
I don't lie about it either. I just don't volunteer any information or I leave the area blank.

3 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2012
^thanks. I will soon graduate medical school,maybe then........
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 11:33am On Apr 14, 2012
Even atheists are exhorting one another. Very soon, you people will have choruses that you also sing o. Lost lot.

10 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2012
Things like prayers,choir,ablution,fasting and etc are gone now. I don't believe in them anymore. They are just things we hang on to for support.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by tbaba1234: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: I am a regular poster in other threads except religion. I have followed most threads here without ever commenting. I must say,I came here confused and ignorant about my former religion-Islam. But Nairaland religious section opened my eyes. I searched,researched and after deep reflections, I concluded that all religions are fraudulent and the notion of a almighty God is flawed and won't hold up to rigorous scrutiny.
I used a new I.D to post this because I still remain in the closet. As a religious leader of some of my peeps, it will come as too much of a shock. Their reactions may be harsh. The reason I posted this is that some people are also atheists but due to a fear of being ostracised,they remain quiet. I want you to know you are not alone.

Do you want to have a discussion about your problems with Islam?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:52am On Apr 14, 2012
No, I have had enough discussion. This will only amount to futile exercise that will change nothing. I still respect the billion people that hold on to Islam but to me now It's just another ploy to control people.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Callotti: 11:52am On Apr 14, 2012
Erm. . . OP?
Religion is like an abusive spouse.
If you are fortunate to escape with your life. . . NEVER GO BACK.
Even if the abusive spouse comes back with a lot of apologies and 'candies'!
There is nothing to discuss o. After many years of marriage. . . to one religion. . .the gospel of hate never changes o.
Take kia!

12 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 11:58am On Apr 14, 2012
^yes, I know. I m done with religion and God.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 12:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
I got this reasons from some where, I added a little to it and it completely sums up why I do not believe in God and religion. Here are the reasons. . .

[b]*[/b]There is not one iota of unequivocal evidence that any God exists.

[b]*[/b]God cannot explain all that exists because God itself cannot be explained. This claim just gratuitously swaps one mystery for another.

[b]*[/b]Religions do not explain any mechanism or process whereby God created everything. It is effectively an appeal to magic.

[b]*[/b]Religious faith is generally indistinguishable from gullibility. Trust and faith, as human concepts, are normally based on experience and reason. Religious faith is necessarily based on belief in unproved and unknowable things.

[b]*[/b]A god or anything that exists outside the realm of natural reality is necessarily unknowable, unintelligible and incoherent. It is therefore irrational to believe in something that is supernatural.

[b]*[/b]Religious scripture:
[b]*[/b]is man-made
[b]*[/b]contains many translation, historical and scientific and interpretation errors
[b]*[/b]is often self-contradictory
[b]*[/b]often contradicts known facts
[b]*[/b]promotes conversion by violence
[b]*[/b]calls for punishment and death to unbelievers
[b]*[/b]contains virtually no specific and unequivocal predictions
[b]*[/b]contains only vague predictions beyond its own time
[b]*[/b]contains many failed prophecies, predictions and unfulfilled promises of God
[b]*[/b]Scripture contains too much that is vague, metaphorical and symbolic to be instructions from a divine being to humans. A perfect being would be expected to be able to communicate much better than that.

[b]*[/b]In order to render most of scripture useful, it must necessarily be interpreted. This makes it easily twisted to support nefarious purposes.

[b]*[/b]The problems with scriptures outweigh any good messages they may contain. If read at all, they should be considered opinion and philosophy and taken with a grain of salt.

[b]*[/b]Morals are based on human sympathy and empathy not on divine guidance. it varies from culture to culture and is always evolving. Establishing moral codes based on theism is unnecessary, riddled with contradictions, and fraught with danger.

[b]*[/b]Religion is divisive in that it pits groups of otherwise indistinguishable people against one another. There are already more than enough differences for humans to fight over. And religion is the most intransigent of such divisions because many people feel it is a divine duty to revile those who believe differently than they do even if they don't see the reason in it.

[b]*[/b]Religions are generally intractable when it comes to substantive compromise with other religions or belief systems.

[b]*[/b]All suggested ways to perceive God rely on internal mechanisms that are subject to personal desires, suggestion, and mistakes. On the question of communicating with God, religion insidiously asks us all to deceive ourselves.

[b]*[/b]People are animals. We are only special due to our more developed brain. (We share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees)

[b]*[/b]Every culture that has existed has had God myths and other superstitions. This is often used as an argument for the existence of God. Rather than indicating that there is a true God, this indicates that people are simply attracted to the idea.

[b]*[/b]Goodness, truth, wisdom and all other purported attributes of God are human concepts. When applied to a presumed entity so completely different in kind as to be supernatural, they are meaningless. The idea of God is thus incoherent.

[b]*[/b]Infinity is a concept humans cannot comprehend except in a limited mathematical sense. If God is infinite, this also renders him unintelligible.

[b]*[/b]Belief in an afterlife is insidious, besides there is no evidence to show the human consciousness survives bodily death.

[b]*[/b]Organized religion wastes untold amounts of money and resources that could be used to care for people, promote real knowledge, and advance the human race.

[b]*[/b]Theism puts God above people thereby making people subservient, unimportant and expendable.

[b]*[/b]Religion relies on guilt, fear and outlandish promises to gain obedience.

[b]*[/b]Theism generally precludes any possibility of testing God or questioning his existence substantively. It is something like the wizard of Oz saying, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

[b]*[/b]The methods used in proselytizing for religion bear an unmistakable resemblance to the methods of con men. But the scriptures consider this the great commission of mankind.

[b]*[/b]There are many good rational and logical arguments against theism but not one argument in favor of it that doesn't rely on a fallacy or assumption.

[b]*[/b]There are so many Gods put forth by thousands of religions that no one could ever be certain of picking the correct one, assuming that one exists.

[b]*[/b]Prayer is totally subjective and cannot be shown to have any more efficacy than pure chance.

[b]*[/b]There is no discernable difference between believing in God and having an imaginary friend.

[b]*[/b]People generally rely on facts and evidence in every human endeavor except religion.

[b]*[/b]Unequivocal miracles do not occur.

[b]*[/b]God supposedly speaks directly to the human spirit. This must be, at least partly, the same concept as mind. People who receive messages in their minds are invariably delusional.

[b]*[/b]There is no positive correlation between belief in God and being a moral person.

[b]*[/b]Belief in religion has spawned uncounted cults that draw people in by appealing to the concept of faith without proof and the promise of prophets to come. Some examples are: Jim Jones and the People's Temple, David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, Marshal Applewhite and Heaven's Gate. These groups had religious followers who were convinced to brutalize, mutilate and kill themselves and their children on the basis of this kind of blind faith.

[b]*[/b]Religion has an extremely violent history that includes such things as crusades, inquisitions, witch hunts, genocide, terrorism and holy war. Untold millions have died in the name of religious icons and for religious beliefs.

[b]*[/b]Religions have a long history of misogyny.Religion is just like racism because it segregates people

[b]*[/b]Religious dogma is practically immune to the incorporation of new facts. The best it can do is strained reinterpretation.

[b]*[/b]The argument that God cannot be proven not to exist is irrelevant when one considers that to do so requires that the concept of a supernatural God be intelligible and coherent, which it is not.

[b]*[/b]There is a well known argument commonly called "The Problem of Evil". It basically says that if an omnipotent and omnibenevolent God exists, unnecessary or gratuitous evil would not exist in the world. Thus if God sees this type of evil and does nothing he is either not omnibenevolent because he doesn't care or not omnipotent because he is unable to stop it. There are many counter-arguments that have been used. However the only one that really could defeat the Problem of Evil is if one says that we cannot apply human standards to decide what is or is not gratuitous evil. This may well be true, but that argument renders God unintelligible and meaningless to humans. Either way, the concept of God seems to be highly doubtful.

[b]*[/b]Theists claim that God has given humans free will. However, this free will is anything but free. The choices are forced on pain of death and eternal suffering. It is equivalent to having a slave and saying something like: "I grant you your freedom to leave at any time. But if you do, I will torture you mercilessly and kill you as slowly as possible."

5 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
I think it would be better for religion as a whole, especially christianity and Islam, if it's adherent refrained from posting on this forum and arguing. The only results have been to turn people into atheists. I do not know anyone that has become a christian due to something they read here, the same holds true for moslem. I have only heard of conversions to atheisms and not just one or two.

I don't think it is because the atheists or agnostics have argued particularly persuasively. Rather it is because the religious people keep on shooting themselves in the foot with their inanity. They are the best advertisment for Atheism.

Only God knows how many more Atheist this religious board has created apart from the one's who have made the confessions. I can bet that there are many, they just won't come forward, sagely.

20 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by numo86(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna....u tink ur free now?
Sorry to say this but u just got caged......
We r all in some sort of cage or the other....
But its better u serve God personally than leave him....
U can stop attendin churches or mosques,but dnt stop believn in God....

5 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by tyson55(m): 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2012
@OP, Which pill did you take? The Red pill or the Blue pill? Btw, welcome to a place called reality.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje: I got this reasons from some where, I added a little to it and it completely sums up why I do not believe in God and religion. Here are the reasons. . .

[b]*[/b]There is not one iota of unequivocal evidence that any God exists.

[b]*[/b]God cannot explain all that exists because God itself cannot be explained. This claim just gratuitously swaps one mystery for another.

[b]*[/b]Religions do not explain any mechanism or process whereby God created everything. It is effectively an appeal to magic.

[b]*[/b]Religious faith is generally indistinguishable from gullibility. Trust and faith, as human concepts, are normally based on experience and reason. Religious faith is necessarily based on belief in unproved and unknowable things.

[b]*[/b]A god or anything that exists outside the realm of natural reality is necessarily unknowable, unintelligible and incoherent. It is therefore irrational to believe in something that is supernatural.

[b]*[/b]Religious scripture:
[b]*[/b]is man-made
[b]*[/b]contains many translation, historical and scientific and interpretation errors
[b]*[/b]is often self-contradictory
[b]*[/b]often contradicts known facts
[b]*[/b]promotes conversion by violence
[b]*[/b]calls for punishment and death to unbelievers
[b]*[/b]contains virtually no specific and unequivocal predictions
[b]*[/b]contains only vague predictions beyond its own time
[b]*[/b]contains many failed prophecies, predictions and unfulfilled promises of God
[b]*[/b]Scripture contains too much that is vague, metaphorical and symbolic to be instructions from a divine being to humans. A perfect being would be expected to be able to communicate much better than that.

[b]*[/b]In order to render most of scripture useful, it must necessarily be interpreted. This makes it easily twisted to support nefarious purposes.

[b]*[/b]The problems with scriptures outweigh any good messages they may contain. If read at all, they should be considered opinion and philosophy and taken with a grain of salt.

[b]*[/b]Morals are based on human sympathy and empathy not on divine guidance. it varies from culture to culture and is always evolving. Establishing moral codes based on theism is unnecessary, riddled with contradictions, and fraught with danger.

[b]*[/b]Religion is divisive in that it pits groups of otherwise indistinguishable people against one another. There are already more than enough differences for humans to fight over. And religion is the most intransigent of such divisions because many people feel it is a divine duty to revile those who believe differently than they do even if they don't see the reason in it.

[b]*[/b]Religions are generally intractable when it comes to substantive compromise with other religions or belief systems.

[b]*[/b]All suggested ways to perceive God rely on internal mechanisms that are subject to personal desires, suggestion, and mistakes. On the question of communicating with God, religion insidiously asks us all to deceive ourselves.

[b]*[/b]People are animals. We are only special due to our more developed brain. (We share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees)

[b]*[/b]Every culture that has existed has had God myths and other superstitions. This is often used as an argument for the existence of God. Rather than indicating that there is a true God, this indicates that people are simply attracted to the idea.

[b]*[/b]Goodness, truth, wisdom and all other purported attributes of God are human concepts. When applied to a presumed entity so completely different in kind as to be supernatural, they are meaningless. The idea of God is thus incoherent.

[b]*[/b]Infinity is a concept humans cannot comprehend except in a limited mathematical sense. If God is infinite, this also renders him unintelligible.

[b]*[/b]Belief in an afterlife is insidious, besides there is no evidence to show the human consciousness survives bodily death.

[b]*[/b]Organized religion wastes untold amounts of money and resources that could be used to care for people, promote real knowledge, and advance the human race.

[b]*[/b]Theism puts God above people thereby making people subservient, unimportant and expendable.

[b]*[/b]Religion relies on guilt, fear and outlandish promises to gain obedience.

[b]*[/b]Theism generally precludes any possibility of testing God or questioning his existence substantively. It is something like the wizard of Oz saying, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

[b]*[/b]The methods used in proselytizing for religion bear an unmistakable resemblance to the methods of con men. But the scriptures consider this the great commission of mankind.

[b]*[/b]There are many good rational and logical arguments against theism but not one argument in favor of it that doesn't rely on a fallacy or assumption.

[b]*[/b]There are so many Gods put forth by thousands of religions that no one could ever be certain of picking the correct one, assuming that one exists.

[b]*[/b]Prayer is totally subjective and cannot be shown to have any more efficacy than pure chance.

[b]*[/b]There is no discernable difference between believing in God and having an imaginary friend.

[b]*[/b]People generally rely on facts and evidence in every human endeavor except religion.

[b]*[/b]Unequivocal miracles do not occur.

[b]*[/b]God supposedly speaks directly to the human spirit. This must be, at least partly, the same concept as mind. People who receive messages in their minds are invariably delusional.

[b]*[/b]There is no positive correlation between belief in God and being a moral person.

[b]*[/b]Belief in religion has spawned uncounted cults that draw people in by appealing to the concept of faith without proof and the promise of prophets to come. Some examples are: Jim Jones and the People's Temple, David Koresh and the Branch Davidians, Marshal Applewhite and Heaven's Gate. These groups had religious followers who were convinced to brutalize, mutilate and kill themselves and their children on the basis of this kind of blind faith.

[b]*[/b]Religion has an extremely violent history that includes such things as crusades, inquisitions, witch hunts, genocide, terrorism and holy war. Untold millions have died in the name of religious icons and for religious beliefs.

[b]*[/b]Religions have a long history of misogyny.Religion is just like racism because it segregates people

[b]*[/b]Religious dogma is practically immune to the incorporation of new facts. The best it can do is strained reinterpretation.

[b]*[/b]The argument that God cannot be proven not to exist is irrelevant when one considers that to do so requires that the concept of a supernatural God be intelligible and coherent, which it is not.

[b]*[/b]There is a well known argument commonly called "The Problem of Evil". It basically says that if an omnipotent and omnibenevolent God exists, unnecessary or gratuitous evil would not exist in the world. Thus if God sees this type of evil and does nothing he is either not omnibenevolent because he doesn't care or not omnipotent because he is unable to stop it. There are many counter-arguments that have been used. However the only one that really could defeat the Problem of Evil is if one says that we cannot apply human standards to decide what is or is not gratuitous evil. This may well be true, but that argument renders God unintelligible and meaningless to humans. Either way, the concept of God seems to be highly doubtful.

[b]*[/b]Theists claim that God has given humans free will. However, this free will is anything but free. The choices are forced on pain of death and eternal suffering. It is equivalent to having a slave and saying something like: "I grant you your freedom to leave at any time. But if you do, I will torture you mercilessly and kill you as slowly as possible."

I won't lie to you. Arguments like this made a lot of difference. I don't hate my former religion. Its just that my realizations was profound in ways no religion could hold up to. As for God, I have no use for him again.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: I think it would be better for religion as a whole, especially christianity and Islam, if it's adherent refrained from posting on this forum and arguing. The only results have been to turn people into atheists. I do not know anyone that has become a christian due to something they read here, the same holds true for moslem. I have only heard of conversions to atheisms and not just one or two.

I don't think it is because the atheists or agnostics have argued particularly persuasively. Rather it is because the religious people keep on shooting themselves in the foot with their inanity. They are the best advertisment for Atheism.

Only God knows how many more Atheist this religious board has created apart from the one's who have made the confessions. I can bet that there are many, they just won't come forward, sagely.

grin grin grin

I am happy that you accept that religious arguments hardly make sense
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Erm. . . OP?
Religion is like an abusive spouse.
If you are fortunate to escape with your life. . . NEVER GO BACK.
Even if the abusive spouse comes back with a lot of apologies and 'candies'!
There is nothing to discuss o. After many years of marriage. . . to one religion. . .the gospel of hate never changes o.
Take kia!
WORD!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: You don't have to disclose your new-found identity to anyone.
Bigotry may do you the utmost harm.
Stay safe.
Remember, you are a minority now. You will face a lot of persecution from both Christians and Muslims especially.
Most importantly. . .stay true to yourself and damn what people may feel or think.
It is your life. . .LIVE IT WELL.

I NEVER disclose that I am an agnostic at work. . . too many religious CHRISTIAN bigots might poison my food.
I don't lie about it either. I just don't volunteer any information or I leave the area blank.
Nice words friend cheesy
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
numo86: Avicenna....u tink ur free now?
In a way, I m still caged by society but that's understandable. But I refuse to believe in any God. I alone am responsible for my actions. I no longer believe in life after death. Everything is here. The difference I will make is here,this life. A God does not exist.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

grin grin grin

Young man, I've said nothing of the sort. I've spoken rather about the religious arguments that you find HERE on this NL board.

numo86: Avicenna....u tink ur free now?

This is exactly the kind of post that turns people to atheism. Why? Instead of just asserting, please tell us WHY you are making the assertions.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mkmyers45(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

grin grin grin

Same here grin
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Young man, I've said nothing of the sort. I've spoken rather about the religious arguments that you find HERE on this NL board.

And what would be the difference between religious arguments on nairaland and in real life? Oyedepo claims that he can slap witches anytime, The catholic church supported slavery etc Are they the people that will give better arguments?

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: As for God, I have no use for him again.
You'd be soundly reminded of this in for all eternity, i'm not threatening you. Don't feel threatened please, i'm just telling you.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
You'd be soundly reminded of this in for all eternity, i'm not threatening you. Don't feel threatened please, i'm just telling you.

You are threatening the OP with hell. Dont you feel foolish?

4 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
I get,that's why I keep saying I respect other people's opinions.
But,I remain indifferent. There is no God,no hell or heaven, no judgment day. That scenario will never come up. I m completely convinced of this.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

And what would be the difference between religious arguments on nairaland and in real life? Oyedepo claims that he can slap witches anytime, The catholic church supported slavery etc Are they the people that will give better arguments?

Evidently not!!

Image123:

You're asserting without backup. that's all.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 1:34pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: 1 hour & 19 minutes
^thanks. I will soon graduate medical school,maybe then........
If you succeed in this life, what about the success of hereafter as we are sure that you will die one day and not be able to return to correct any mistake that you may discover that you have made as a living?

Allah says "Every soul shall taste death". If that is where the Lord of All stops, it would be enough to ponder about our lives in relationship to a Creator. Allah also says "I did not create creation just for amusement" on His part, it is with a purpose.

Whats the purpose for man? Allah explains "And Jinn and MANKIND are not created except to worship Me".

If you refuse to worship and or obey Allah, He is always complete and nothing of you will change Him from His Perfection.

I often wonder why a person who will acknowledge that he knew he was at a time nothing, now something and in the long run, in the future, he will be nothing will be arrogant to say God and or established Way of God on mankind "Religion" is a fallacy?

Since you are in medicine, it is the very discipline that should help you to hold on to existence of God and the ordered way of life He ordained for mankind.

Anyone who has ever been to the funeral homes and see bodies lifelessly laying down, frozen in the cooler will know God exist and He must have a plan for mankind and provides the road map for success while telling us to shun the path of disaster.

Allah in His Mercy for man allows us to make mistake and time for seeking way back to His Pleasure as in repentance because He does not often end our lives on the first mistake, revolting against Him.

Allah says of some people "the believe and then go to disbelief. then they enter belief and again go out of it. then the belief and later disbelief", . . .

If man is given opportunity to disbelief and allowed free entry to belief, your case, mr. Op is not unique; it demonstrate what Quran has said here. It is interesting that Allah says disbelief 3 times and He may then leave person into being astray not accepting his attempt ever to belief as thrice divorced wife of a man can not be taken at will for the forth man without the woman freely divorced from a new husband who consummated their marriage and did allow the iddat period to run out, making her free for whoever wished to "marry her anew". The situation is similar to those Allah destroyed at the end; The people of Noah, The people of Lot, Pharaoh. We see in each of these that they destroyed were arrogant and puffed up. May Allah not count us among them.[b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2012
An one on the earth and under the sky of God eating and surviving by what He provides must be deluded saying he is free from God and His path, religion. Allah says "the religion/way to God is Islam. And whosoever comes without it, everything else including his deeds will amount to nothing."
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO:

You're asserting without backup. that's all.

i don't need 'backup'.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetnecta: If you succeed in this life, what about the success of hereafter as we are sure that you will die one day and not be able to return to correct any mistake that you may discover that you have made as a living?

Allah says "Every soul shall taste death". If that is where the Lord of All stops, it would be enough to ponder about our lives in relationship to a Creator. Allah also says "I did not create creation just for amusement" on His part, it is with a purpose.

Whats the purpose for man? Allah explains "And Jinn and MANKIND are not created except to worship Me".

If you refuse to worship and or obey Allah, He is always complete and nothing of you will change Him from His Perfection.

I often wonder why a person who will acknowledge that he knew he was at a time nothing, now something and in the long run, in the future, he will be nothing will be arrogant to say God and or established Way of God on mankind "Religion" is a fallacy?

Since you are in medicine, it is the very discipline that should help you to hold on to existence of God and the ordered way of life He ordained for mankind.

Anyone who has ever been to the funeral homes and see bodies lifelessly laying down, frozen in the cooler will know God exist and He must have a plan for mankind and provides the road map for success while telling us to shun the path of disaster.

Allah in His Mercy for man allows us to make mistake and time for seeking way back to His Pleasure as in repentance because He does not often end our lives on the first mistake, revolting against Him.

Allah says of some people "the believe and then go to disbelief. then they enter belief and again go out of it. then the belief and later disbelief", . . .

If man is given opportunity to disbelief and allowed free entry to belief, your case, mr. Op is not unique; it demonstrate what Quran has said here. It is interesting that Allah says disbelief 3 times and He may then leave person into being astray not accepting his attempt ever to belief as thrice divorced wife of a man can not be taken at will for the forth man without the woman freely divorced from a new husband who consummated their marriage and did allow the iddat period to run out, making her free for whoever wished to "marry her anew". The situation is similar to those Allah destroyed at the end; The people of Noah, The people of Lot, Pharaoh. We see in each of these that they destroyed were arrogant and puffed up. May Allah not count us among them.[b][/b]
I was born into a deeply Islamic family. I am regarded as a sort of Alfa in my area. I had my wolimat early so I know all about this. The very concept of Allah is what I do not agree with which I have therefore shunned. One thing I have realized during clinicals,is that cadaver remains cadaver just useful for medical research. I took solace in that their 'soul' is in a better place but the concept of soul itself remains unproven. I no longer believe in a Book that I was forced to accept as the truth. For instance,you quoted parts of the Quran. I do not believe in Allah from whom it came from,so I do not regard it anymore.
As for my medical studies,actually it helped reach my conclusion. Nothing has changed. I remain my kind and compassionate self.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 2:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
I was born into a deeply Islamic family. I am regarded as a sort of Alfa in my area. I had my wolimat early so I know all about this. The very concept of Allah is what I do not agree with which I have therefore shunned. One thing I have realized during clinicals,is that cadaver remains cadaver just useful for medical research. I took solace in that their 'soul' is in a better place but the concept of soul itself remains unproven. I no longer believe in a Book that I was forced to accept as the truth. For instance,you quoted parts of the Quran. I do not believe in Allah from whom it came from,so I do not regard it anymore.
As for my medical studies,actually it helped reach my conclusion. Nothing has changed. I remain my kind and compassionate self.

Actually the koran came from men who wrote it and ascribed it to some invisible and imaginary deity called allah, i have repeated many many times that there is NOTHING written inside the koran that could not have been written by humans that lived during the 7th century AD. . .The claim that mohammed was an illiterate REMAINS A BIG LIE. . .The claim was made so as to deflect the charge that most of the stories in the koran were copied in the bible. . .If they come up with the lie that mohammed was an illiterate then they can claim divine revelation because an illiterate can not read the hebrew scriptures. . .Mohammed and his cronies just took already organized and established religions(christianity and judaism) worked through it and formed their own religion out of it. . .Nothing new there. . .

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
^i know. I didn't make my choice ignorantly. I know fully well what I did. It will seem like a insult to sweetnecta if I state it like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Must See Hilarious Announcement By A Church About Fuel Scarcity / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Kaduna To Evict 110-Year-Old Anglican Church, CAN Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.