Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43838 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Actually he wasn't an atheist when he made nairaland, from what I can tell. It was the discussions here that turned him into an atheist. He is not the only one. So far I've counted like 4 or maybe 5.

We are called to be the salt and not to conform. We are not supposed to 'sugar-coat' the truth just because someone feels threatened by it. In any case, HEAVEN and hell will continue to exist even if we all choose not to believe in it. You just counted 4-5 people becoming atheist and you think that can be compared to the numerous others who have embraced the faith because of what some people did here?

We are not required to make any concessions when it comes to defending our faith. None of the Apostles did and I am not ready to do. To all the atheist, continue to celebrate your latest success because unless you repent and pray for forgiveness, this may be the last celebration you will be having.

I am a CHRISTIAN and a proud one at that. I will never water-down what I know just to 'pamper' someone to acknowledge his/her CREATOR. Whether you acknowledge and worship GOD or not, HE is going to judge you and you better be ready because anyone who falls short will rot in hell!

That is the plain truth and there are no compromises
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
I am not aware of any one who has become christian from being here on Nairaland. Or muslim either. I've counted 4 but I've got the feeling that there are many more. They all don't declare it.

Anyway, that is not my point. My main point is the lack of integrity with which my people argue. My point is how they like to make fools of themselves. My point is how a lack of integrity makes one look like they lack intelligence.

I don't know what you mean by making concessions when defending your faith. Does that mean that you want to kill people for your faith, that you want to start terrorism, that you can resort to yabis, and threats and all sorts of cajoling when discussing your faith.

Me personally I don't think that conversion experience can be brought about by argument.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2012
@emofine
Thank you but the freedom is a thing of the mind.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: I am not aware of any one who has become christian from being here on Nairaland. Or muslim either. I've counted 4 but I've got the feeling that there are many more. They all don't declare it.

Anyway, that is not my point. My main point is the lack of integrity with which my people argue. My point is how they like to make fools of themselves. My point is how a lack of integrity makes one look like they lack intelligence.

I don't know what you mean by making concessions when defending your faith. Does that mean that you want to kill people for your faith, that you want to start terrorism, that you can resort to yabis, and threats and all sorts of cajoling when discussing your faith.

Me personally I don't think that conversion experience can be brought about by argument.

But I was converted from being a catholic to atheism from arguments on youtube (I also argued online on an american website) grin grin grin
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by lepasharon(f): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
Oga,all religions are FALSE,but God is REAL smiley

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: I am not aware of any one who has become christian from being here on Nairaland. Or muslim either. I've counted 4 but I've got the feeling that there are many more. They all don't declare it.

Pastor, you are missing the point. All I am saying is that these people do not need your cajoling to convert. Some of them will never anyway (remember the parable of the sower?) What we are required to do is to be the salt (with our deeds) and preach the TRUTH. We are not supposed to fight when doing that but we are just required to preach it.

The TRUTH of the Gospel includes the existence of hell and the reality that everyone who fails to accept JESUS CHRIST will go there. If you believe that telling people this truth is a threat, then so be it. What kind of logic is that? Are you saying that telling my brother that drinking poison will kill him is equal to a threat? My brother THAT IS A FACT.

I state again, ANYONE WHO FAILS TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD AND INVITE HIM INTO HIS/HER HEART WILL ROT IN HELL FOREVER...with special emphasis on the FOREVER!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:

I state again, ANYONE WHO FAILS TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD AND INVITE HIM INTO HIS/HER HEART WILL ROT IN HELL FOREVER...with special emphasis on the FOREVER!

Lol people are getting to be no more afraid of your non-existent hell. It seems that the only reason you accept Jesus is because of hell.

Dont you evangelists feel stupid when you have to tell people like atheists and buddhists that they will burn in hell if they dont accept your religion?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Jenwitemi(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
@ Avicenna

May i advice you not to completely discard the concept of a creator in it's entirety? But instead to keep your mind open? Moving away from religion has this effect of dragging one from one extreme (religion), to the other extreme (atheism). Something which i think is still bad for you. Moving from one bubble to another bubble gets you nowhere. My point and advice; as you have dropped the ideas of religious doctrine, maintain an open mind about the concept of a creator (whatever title you wanna give the creator is of no importance). Anyway, i congratulate you for breaking off the shackles. Just be careful you do not ensnare yourself in another.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

But I was converted from being a catholic to atheism from arguments on youtube (I also argued online on an american website) grin grin grin

(smile) Intellectual arguments will sway you from one intellectual position to another, but they cannot give you a real religious experience. Your adherence to catholicism was possibly intellectual (as is often the case with most christians here) and your conversion from it was also an intellectual process.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Lol people are getting to be no more afraid of your non-existent hell. It seems that the only reason you accept Jesus is because of hell.

Dont you evangelists feel stupid when you have to tell people like atheists and buddhists that they will burn in hell if they dont accept your religion?

The choice is yours my friend...
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by buzugee(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
lepasharon: Oga,all religions are FALSE,but God is REAL smiley
i concur, mademoiselle lepasharon
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
buzugee: i concur, mademoiselle lepasharon

Sharap there
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by buzugee(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

so let me get this right, you went from 'papal harlotry' to 'carnal harlotry' just by being on youtube ? see i always knew youtube was a recruiting ground for the unyoked cry

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by buzugee(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

Sharap there
grin grin sup field marshall atheist grin
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
buzugee: so let me get this right, you went from 'papal harlotry' to 'carnal harlotry' just by being on youtube ? see i always knew youtube was a recruiting ground for the unyoked cry

What does that make you? a regular harl0t?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by emofine2(f): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
Interesting how some believers threaten others with hell because they perhaps cannot sway solely with the promises of god.

Avicenna: @emofine
Thank you but the freedom is a thing of the mind.

Ok I understand smiley
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
mazaje:

Pls what are the "facts". . . .The sun exist is a statement of fact, you know that hell exist as a fact because?. . . . .
You must have seen this coming. THE BIBLE SAYS SO. It's called a spiritual fact.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
You must have seen this coming. THE BIBLE SAYS SO. It's called a spiritual fact.

Spiritual fact? ? Are we making things up now
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 9:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
I think I was born Atheist, 'cause as far back as I can remember, I never had that 'zeal' for religion. During my primary school days, we said the angelus every 12pm, had forced bible lesson after school, then when I got home on Mondays, was dragged to 'fellowship' at church. Meanwhile in my heart I always felt they were trying too hard to 'catch me young'.
I don't think I've ever believed in the concept of god, so as a kid I never had any qualms saying 'truth to god', whenever I had to swear I didn't do something that I did.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2012
Although we still say the angelus every 12pm and 6pm at home, I just go through the motions so as not to disappoint the 'rents or anything.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
Jenwitemi: @ Avicenna

May i advice you not to completely discard the concept of a creator in it's entirety? But instead to keep your mind open? Moving away from religion has this effect of dragging one from one extreme (religion), to the other extreme (atheism). Something which i think is still bad for you. Moving from one bubble to another bubble gets you nowhere. My point and advice; as you have dropped the ideas of religious doctrine, maintain an open mind about the concept of a creator (whatever title you wanna give the creator is of no importance). Anyway, i congratulate you for breaking off the shackles. Just be careful you do not ensnare yourself in another.
I kept an open mind. That's why I know I had my realizations. What I decided is akin to what you posted just more complicated and in fact even simple. Hope you get what I mean.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
Odin MacThor: I think I was born Atheist, 'cause as far back as I can remember, I never had that 'zeal' for religion. During my primary school days, we said the angelus every 12pm, had forced bible lesson after school, then when I got home on Mondays, was dragged to 'fellowship' at church. Meanwhile in my heart I always felt they were trying too hard to 'catch me young'.
I don't think I've ever believed in the concept of god, so as a kid I never had any qualms saying 'truth to god', whenever I had to swear I didn't do something that I did.

You sound like you have all it take to become a pentecostal pastor.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO:

You sound like you have all it take to become a pentecostal pastor.
Huh? How?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:

Pastor, you are missing the point.......I state again, ANYONE WHO FAILS TO ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD AND INVITE HIM INTO HIS/HER LIVER WILL BE BBQd IN HELL FOREVER...with special emphasis on the FOREVER!

Special empahasis on FOREVER!!!! You heathens will rot forever!

Hey pastorAIO, the inanity and insanity have started again! lol
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:

The koran says that all those that do not believe in what it says will rot in hell forever. . .spiritual fact. . .

Part of the verders say that you will reincarnate as a bat. . . .spiritual fact as well. . .
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
Martian:

Special empahasis on FOREVER!!!! You heathens will rot forever!

Hey pastorAIO, the inanity and insanity have started again! lol

You can laugh all you want but that will not change my message to you all...HELL IS REAL!

One other thing, keep in mind that my words will be testimony against you in judgment!

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by ea7(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Buzugee and rastarat leave please. You guys are the crazy ones to crazy people.
@Pastor AIO, you are right, when I was losing faith, I asked some people to defend their faith and mine drowned and was snuffed out by the stupidity of what they said.
@image23 you are wrong, when you die you go to soul society, bleach says so.
@OP thumbs up. Keep it a secret though or you are gonna get scorned and preached to and become a project for the theists.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:
You can laugh all you want but that will not change my message to you all...HELL IS REAL!

One other thing, keep in mind that my words will be testimony against you in judgment!

Hell isn't real, but I'll let Forrest Gump tell you a spiritual fact like Image123.

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2012
Lol @ the bleach.
I m more of the naruto type.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: Lol @ the bleach.
I m more of the naruto type.

What? A fellow Naruto/anime fan? grin grin grin grin Cool

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by agiboma(f): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2012
I am here with you, but im no Atheist, i beleive religion is flawed and causes more trouble than good. But I love g-d and im a deep beleiver in the creator, but to belong and follow a religion I WILL NOT DO. EVER!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
ea7: Buzugee and rastarat leave please. You guys are the crazy ones to crazy people.
@Pastor AIO, you are right, when I was losing faith, I asked some people to defend their faith and mine drowned and was snuffed out by the stupidity of what they said.
@image23 you are wrong, when you die you go to soul society, bleach says so.
@OP thumbs up. Keep it a secret though or you are gonna get scorned and preached to and become a project for the theists.

What was the basis for your faith? Did you had a personal relationship with GOD at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die / Must See Hilarious Announcement By A Church About Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.