Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? (769 Views)

Osinbajo’s Trip To India Cancelled To Stop Saraki From Being Acting President. / Elections Must Be Cancelled In Rivers State, Says Amaechi / Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dsage1: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2012
As we're all aware that,govt is spendind heavily on itself rather than implementing the major policies that could be of benefit to the masses.I dont need to explain further because most of you political analysts on this forum,knows what i was talking about.On that basis should the following useless ministries be cancel to reduced high cost of govt.

1.ministry of state for FCT.
2.ministry of state for defence.
3.ministry of interiors.
4.ministry of special duties.
5.ministry of youth&soc devlp.
6.ministry of state for finance.

And the follwn non-functioning ministries.
1.ministry of women affairs.
2.ministry of commerce.
3.ministry of science&technology.
4.ministry of solid miniral&nat resource.

Or is there any other means to reduced money spending on these ministries or to make them more efficient and delivered in performing their duties.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Callotti: 11:27am On Apr 14, 2012
Only 5 ministries should be allowed,
1.Finance
2.Education
3.Health
4.Defence
5.Transportation.

The rest should be privatized(State regulated ONLY). . . INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION AND AVIATION!!!
No ministry of Justice either! The minstries of almajiri youths and elders. . .and the ministries of 'ashawo womens' affairs' are the biggest jokes!

1 Like

Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dede1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
D sage: As we're all aware that,govt is spendind heavily on itself rather than implementing the major policies that could be of benefit to the masses.I dont need to explain further because most of you political analysts on this forum,knows what i was talking about.On that basis should the following useless ministries be cancel to reduced high cost of govt.

1.ministry of state for FCT.
2.ministry of state for defence.
3.ministry of interiors.
4.ministry of special duties.
5.ministry of youth&soc devlp.
6.ministry of state for finance.

And the follwn non-functioning ministries.
1.ministry of women affairs.
2.ministry of commerce.
3.ministry of science&technology.
4.ministry of solid miniral&nat resource.

Or is there any other means to reduced money spending on these ministries or to make them more efficient and delivered in performing their duties.

There is no such as thing as Ministry of State .However I should support the stay of the following ministries:

1. Finance
2. Education
3. Health
4. Defense
5. Transportation
6. Foreign Affairs
7. Agriculture
8. Commerce
9. Interiors.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dede1(m): 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Only 5 ministries should be allowed,
1.Finance
2.Education
3.Health
4.Defence
5.Transportation.

The rest should be privatized(State regulated ONLY). . . INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION AND AVIATION!!!
No ministry of Justice either! The minstries of almajiri youths and elders. . .and the ministries of 'ashawo womens' affairs' are the biggest jokes!

Junkyard woman, you would not know when you shoot out your honey pot. You want to keep ministry of transportation yet you still want to privatize it. I am not surprise at you though.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
All the ministry of states should be cancelled.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by aljharem(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
Callotti: Only 5 ministries should be allowed,
1.Finance
2.Education
3.Health
4.Defence
5.Transportation.

gbammm !!!

What is the difference in minister of aviation and minister of transportation ? grin grin Nija
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dsage1: 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
Dede1:

There is no such as thing as Ministry of State .However I should support the stay of the following ministries:

1. Finance
2. Education
3. Health
4. Defense
5. Transportation
6. Foreign Affairs
7. Agriculture
8. Commerce
9. Interiors.

Let know your reason for included:
commerce&interiors in ur list.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dede1(m): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
[quote author=D sage][/quote]

Nigeria and other countries may have bilateral trade agreements and such deals are not left in the hands of private individuals especially when industrial secret, patent and licensing rights are involved. Even though Nigeria is a denounced cesspit yet other countries need to have some entity to hold accountable.

Interior ministry not only controls internal security but all the land, mines and natural resources of the state. Unfortunately, this is not case with Nigeria. Please do not use Nigeria as yardstick when engaged in intellectual exercise because almost everything about Nigeria is bunkum.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dede1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2012
D sage:

Let know your reason for included:
commerce&interiors in ur list.

Nigeria and other countries may have bilateral trade agreements and such deals are not left in the hands of private individuals especially when industrial secret, patent and licensing rights are involved. Even though Nigeria is a denounced cesspit yet other countries need to have some entity to hold accountable.

Interior ministry not only controls internal security but all the land, mines and natural resources of the state. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Nigeria. Please do not use Nigeria as yardstick when engaged in intellectual exercise because almost everything about Nigeria is bunkum.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dsage1: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
[quote author=Dede1]

Interior ministry not only controls internal security but all the land, mines and natural resources of the state. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Nigeria. Please do not use Nigeria as yardstick when engaged in intellectual exercise because almost everything about Nigeria is bunkum.

I'M HAPPY YOU KNOW THE IMPORTANT OF THESE MINISTRIES AND CONFESS THEY DIDNT PERFORMED VERY WELL,THEIR RESPECTIVE FUNCTIONS IN NIGERIA.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by manny4life(m): 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2012
Dede1:

1. Finance
2. Education
3. Health
4. Defense
5. Transportation
6. Foreign Affairs
7. Agriculture
8. Commerce
9. Interiors.

Also to add to your list, Dept of Justice...
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Dede1(m): 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
manny4life:

Also to add to your list, Dept of Justice...

You are definitely correct. It skipped my memory.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by tigerleggs(m): 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2012
All ministries of state + ministries of info tech, women affairs, youth development, and aviation should be scraped asap.
Re: Should These Ministries Be Cancelled To Reduced Unnecessary Spending On Govt? by Callotti: 5:31am On Apr 15, 2012
Dede1:

Junkyard woman, you would not know when you shoot out your honey pot. You want to keep ministry of transportation yet you still want to privatize it. I am not surprise at you though.

Lover boy Felisss Liberty!
You and this my 'honey pot' kwa nu?
Is there anything wrong with privatizing those ministries on the state level?
Are you not tired of FG interference? More derivations for state government embezzlements for you o!
Okija Shrine gate man!
You never fail to stalk me and my juicy 'vanilla-scented' puss-puss? tongue
You still dey practice operation 'scratch and scram' with grey bia-bia for ya okongwu, over-sucked blokos?

Old he-goat. . . .you don get penile implant yet for that your 'Auspicious Shrielled Blokos'? grin

(1) (Reply)

Is This Stupid Commedian Fair To Ngozi Iweala? / Radio Biafra London, 11870khz, Every Thursdays And Saturdays, 8pm-9pm / Arunma Oteh Suspended From SEC, Locked Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.