Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (14599 Views)

Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / Freed Prisoner Prefers Prison To Being Released / ~Nairaland Will Be Turning 6 Years On March 10th~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by bakila: 8:40am On Apr 15, 2012
In-4MATIC:
Pooh, most of us don't appreciate the facts of the story only taking his skewed and warped version.
Go back to the story, what did the family say? He was a case of insanity
2. Did the family make a police report at the time of abduction? No. Why? Because they knew he went bonkers.
3. Look into the patients eyes what do u see? I see wanderlust and confusion. All signs of his many travels in his crazed state.
4. Its popular in his region for jealous enemies to afflict their friends and loved ones with such illness to prevent his further success. And it is usually through poisoned drink. You'll know the difference because the person doesn't go completely mad or snaps out of it from time to time. Av seen two similar cases all from that Benin region.

So, somebody only kidnap his brians, to prevent him from goin to oyinbo land.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:40am On Apr 15, 2012
ceejayluv:
are all criminals sane? I don't see sanity in killing or raping people after robbing them. Mind u, d austrian guy was regarded as a 'normal' family guy by his community. Twenty-four years!! Well, our ancestor slaves were treated worse than d 2 scenarios.
You're just being a Thomas.
Agreed not all criminals are sane but these ones seem like they are,i mean from the story,they operate like a cartel,you won't tell me that's not something.

Tell me they have used the man's brain or manhood for whatever they want hence his release,i may believe that.cheesy btw the australian dude was a ticking time bomb,his people just didn't see it wink.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2012
Very fishy story,there's more to it,but why hvent nollywood directors though of this storyline,it could win an oscar or... not.I pray o
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Ninilowo(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2012
ramalot: There is nothing "fishy" or "unbelievable" about this story. I visited Nigeria in 2006, and a few weeks after i left in 2007, a close friend i was with for the most part was kidnapped. He had gone to benin, and was kidnapped there. Just like this dude, he was held in a jungle, but by himself. They demanded ransom, and he was held for about a week. He was injured badly on his leg, as he tried to escape on the third day. After about a week they hadn't gotten their demands and were contemplating killing him. he escaped the second he was left by himself. At that point they probly thought he couldn't, coz they did not feed him.

The difference here is the fact that this osagiede man was kept for ritual purposes. Whatever it is they were pouring on em is probly prescribed by their medicine man, to perhaps
boost or protect them in their robbery or kidnapping activities. So those tryna calculate fish n bread money need to chill. That's the investment by the kidnappers for fetish reasons. Its just like having dairy cows, you have to feed them properly everyday to get good quality milk from them.
Once some1 s not okay for the rituals, he is either killed or returned. he mentioned that d adbuctors do go for operation. if I mmay ask which operation? Niger delta freedom fighters will ask for ransom. in this ogas case, no ramsom was demanded. mathematically, 13 of them were there and 100 were killed eh? a beg, the sstory na white lie. And thats just it. we need to see dat reporter for questioning.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2012
stereo: @sweetcocoa and all
I don't understand you guys. Have the part where he said new faces where constantly coming to the hideout while some of the kidnappers also never returned? It made it difficult for him to be released too.The story seems incoherent and thats the fault of the journalist also. If you can believe the story about the austrian guy who kept his own daughter in his basement and got her pregnant several times, well, we have our own horror stories here in Nigeria. Enough said
What don't you understand?You people should just tell me how they took all his money without him leaving the jungle or informing his people.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by bakila: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2012
sweetcocoa: Okay agreed,the level of post traumatic stress can truly affect the ability to coherently give account,so i'll not bother about how his friend arrived lagos from benin "shortly"

Now tell me how possible it is that they could have taken all his money in this world without his folks being in the know or him leaving the jungle.

No i've not been in this degree of danger per say but don't tell me its that difficult to alert officers at check points,i'll only buy that if their vehicle was never stopped or even slowed down.

They ate only sardine and bread for six years?okay that's possible right? Let's assume he was kept for ritual purposes,how come it took them six years to realize he just wasn't gonna be used for reasons best known to them?

I know many things happen in this world but atleast it has to be realistic to a certain level na.
Reality is in the pictures that accompany the post. The story seems real but the report was medicore journalism and we have it in abundance here. Sister, you have a right to your opinion but absurd things happan.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ramalot(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2012
In-4MATIC:

Thanks for stating the obvious but let me take you deeper.
Someone analysed the cost of feeding him for six years over half a million. Now after living with robbers/ritualists for six years one should be able to give their names (even if only first names) and descriptions.
2. If you study nigerias map there are no forests surrounded by water (or Lakes in the Benin area) except maybe d creeks of the Niger delta.
3. If you were a reporter trying to write a story for the weekend which will you report "MAD MAN COMES HOME AFTER 6 YEARS WANDERING" or "KIDNAPPEE RETURNS HOME AFTER 6 YEARS IN THE JUNGLE"?

The obvious stated here was that you clearly went off on a tangent borne of failed comprehension. If someone read your previous post without taking time to read the story, they simply go off, and their version of the story when they tell it would be "mad man returns after 6 years" -courtesy your misrepresentation. Given this, why should we take any of your further analysis seriously.

But for the hell of it, as i said in response to someone else; what the story says is there were fetish angles to the whole set up, so if the racket required their being alive as a tool for their fetishes, then the sustenance provided to keep him alive is irrelevant. Again, as i said; if you have a a dairy cow, you must feed it properly to get good milk.

Also, if what you're saying is that there are no islands around the general Edo area, by looking at whatever map you have referenced, then you've been misinformed.

Your third point is just the kind of conspiracy theory that deserves little response. So, first you misunderstand a writeup and in a poor attempt to reinforce the false assertion, you have come up with a bogus theory. It is more honorable to accept that you missed that bit of detail n move on, instead of this.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2012
bakila:
Reality is in the pictures that accompany the post. The story seems real but the report was medicore journalism and we have it ib abundance here. Sister, you have a right to your opinion but absurd things happan.
Like really?those pictures?I'm not even sure that's the same person in both pictures.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2012
Omg shocked shocked shocked
Bini people sha. , , ,when did you degenerate into this ?
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Goldieluks: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2012
Damn! This is sad. Nigerians I dey fear una ooooh!!! Anything for money.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by gbadeboy2: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2012
Just curious,how is it that whenever they remove the blindfold at police check points,he didnt alert them?at least he didnt mention them having any weapon,why cant he name the police officer,and the officer conveniently died,how gullible can someone be not suspicious when someone is persistently trying to find out your schedue,didnt any member of his family see him off at the airport?havent his family in nigeria ever had any contact with his family abroad even while he came home,at this modern age,using social network and requesting for assistance from the american consulate to contact his family would truly help to locate his family.
Although those pics seems to somehow support the fact that he has passed through a very traumatic and stressful times.whether it is from kidnap or deliberately staying away due to issues best known to him and God alone,then coming back when situation is critical, we may never know.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 9:09am On Apr 15, 2012
^please help me ask them o.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by zubbainno123: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2012
This story I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ very hard †̥☺ believe, gbam!!!
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by abbey37(m): 9:52am On Apr 15, 2012
This story could actually be true thou it could be otherwise.
If it turns out that you are not useful for rituals or they can't reach your family for ransome they can be kept there as slaves errand boys sort of.
Remember the guy said there about thirteen of them kept there and when they realised that he was dieing and couldn't do anything he was asked to do that's when he was freed.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Nwogbe: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2012
I don laff tire & I still d laff the vibrations/responses on this thread r thrilling hahahahahahahahahahahhah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. The man never finish d story watch out 4 PART2
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by PrinceDudu(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: Very fishy story,there's more to it,but.

BUT NL detectives are working on it as you can see from various posts. Lol

Jasmine Jetz: why hvent nollywood directors though of this storyline,it could win an oscar or... not.I pray o

Trust me, some folks from nollywood are taking notes and it gonna be a blockbuster I tell ya. *winks*
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by pastormmadu(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2012
A very pathetic event...God neva fail. Bt let me b a bit naughty nw, i bliv dat d reactions am getin 4rm felo nairalanders is nt wat they would hv reacted if dis event took place in d southeast or posibly by an igboman. Tank God, we nw c dat crime is done in evry part of 9ja
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by In4MATIC1: 10:32am On Apr 15, 2012
ramalot:

The obvious stated here was that you clearly went off on a tangent borne of failed comprehension. If someone read your previous post without taking time to read the story, they simply go off, and their version of the story when they tell it would be "mad man returns after 6 years" -courtesy your misrepresentation. Given this, why should we take any of your further analysis seriously.

But for the hell of it, as i said in response to someone else; what the story says is there were fetish angles to the whole set up, so if the racket required their being alive as a tool for their fetishes, then the sustenance provided to keep him alive is irrelevant. Again, as i said; if you have a a dairy cow, you must feed it properly to get good milk.

Also, if what you're saying is that there are no islands around the general Edo area, by looking at whatever map you have referenced, then you've been misinformed.

Your third point is just the kind of conspiracy theory that deserves little response. So, first you misunderstand a writeup and in a poor attempt to reinforce the false assertion, you have come up with a bogus theory. It is more honorable to accept that you missed that bit of detail n move on, instead of this.

bro, believe what you want, this man is a lunatic. I have personally travelled through most of edo including villages, there's no such mystery lake. Also i mentioned two known cases. One case seems calm n normal, lived in a village near warri and tells anyone who cares to listen that he was in the Israeli army, sometimes its the mosaad and at other times he was a successful music djay in Berlin. And also has an European wife (claims). Don't know if the family still bother to look for him considering how many times he's run away. So there. Until you ask the townsfolk you'll never know he's off d edge.
And since you know so much about ritualists procedures, I'll not raise that point of this wierd nay funny ritual
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by sweetcocoa(f): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2012
pastor mmadu: A very pathetic event...God neva fail. Bt let me b a bit naughty nw, i bliv dat d reactions am getin 4rm felo nairalanders is nt wat they would hv reacted if dis event took place in d southeast or posibly by an igboman. Tank God, we nw c dat crime is done in evry part of 9ja
Abegi don't try to bring that rubbish into this thread.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by worldman(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2012
dmainboss:

There is no huge hole in the story. Most of you who live in diaspora are so uninformed about Nigeria. The major reason for kidnapping in Nigeria is not for ransom but for rituals. The ritual thing is so rampant in Nigeria now. This story is simply a case of kidnapping for rituals. In this case, they didnt need the guys dead, the rituals required them to be alive. That was why they were pouring fetish substance on them. These things are why we are still struggling as a country. It is very sad
that is d true story
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Bright2(m): 10:46am On Apr 15, 2012
Well,thank God he's back & alive.Strugle continue how ever in the world today,every thing is possible.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2012
chrishenzo: I keep on asking myself if this story is true or not. How on earth can a kidnapper keep his victim for six years? What is the motive of the kidnapping? As long as I am concern, there is a hole in this story.

what would you say about those FARC rebels of colombia? some of their captives have been held for as long as 14 good years without any ramsone in the jungle. so this shouldnt be strange to you.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Heck: 11:21am On Apr 15, 2012
Bello, kindly forgive some of these contributors. They are in their teens and early twenties. Shallow in exposure, for them only food can make a guy's tommy flabby.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by PeeBee: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2012
Six years is a long time but wierd things happen. I have a friend's cousin who managed to escape from ritualists after about 18 months and the Elizabeth Smart case, who was kidnapped for 9 months in the US.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by ifysoft: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2012
1. I actually think the kidnappers were in Lagos already before they called him on the day he got kidnapped.

2. Yes,he was blindfolded while they were travelling back to benin and was allowed to see when they got near a police checkpoint..

When he got into the car, the kidnappers must have poured juju on the guy which would make him not relate any issue with the so called police men at the check points.. Lets not forget the police are only there to collect 100 bucks from vehicles moving and not really do any good job which is why our new IG have stopped them from mounting MUMU road blocks..

3.Reason he was kidnapped.

I believe,the guy must have been envied by some people he related his life to. I also believe all his cash was collected because they knew he was travelling and would have some cash available on him.
I believe he was not killed and was kept alive because they were always pouring juju on him to keep him alive and serve as goodluck for them in there wicked endavours.

So,to me i believe this is a true life story and we live in a very very wicked world.. So be careful who you relate your life with because 99% wish you were there slave and 1% wish you were dead already.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by chrishenzo: 11:35am On Apr 15, 2012
RICHIE BOI:

what would you say about those FARC rebels of colombia? some of their captives have been held for as long as 14 good years without any ramsone in the jungle. so this shouldnt be strange to you.

My brother it is still very strange. For a kidnapper to come all the way from Benin to Lagos to kidnapper someone without even asking for money? Believe me, it is fishy. It is either the writer of these story is trying to sell make some quick sales or the story teller is high on something.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by mansmith(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2012
whala
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by bohboh275(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2012
Sound like some Nollywood script. Allot of things is not just adding up with the whole story. I don't understand the motive of the kidnapping and also why kidnappers will keep their victim for 6 years. It is just like reading some fictions don't think this actually happened unless in colombia.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Yeske2(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Why is everyone shocked because of the 6 years?

didn't anyone read what he said about being trapped by rotating kidnappers, who did not know their victims and when to release them?

Anywaz, sad story all in all. I pray that he finds his family; that's the most important thing. Hopefully she has not remarried.
Don't just believe this, just imagine he said they were fed bread and sardine for six years. Was he kidnapped to be fed or for ransom because none of his family members were contacted for it. This story get k-leg, believe me.
Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by elampiro(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2012
The journalist is the cause of this confusion. His work is not detailed enough. He should have also interview the man's ralatives on their effort in finding/tracing the man ever since. Was the incident reported to the police? Does the man have pictures of his family and his life abroad? Did they have contact or ever contacted his wife? Etc, etc.

1 Like

Re: Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle by Onasa22: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2012
In Nigeria anything can happen, but for him to have spent 26 yrs in the United States and also married to an American, he must be a US citizen. He should go to the US embassy for help on how to locate his wife and children because Americans don't play with their citizens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence / Are The Young People Of Today Very Lazy And Materialistic? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.