Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car (6681 Views)

Cheap German Cars For Sale, Full A/C, Automatic And Less Than 500K / Toyota Camry 2002 (big Daddy) Overheating / What Are The Causes Of Overheating In A Vehicle, Mercedes 230 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
I use a Camry (2000 model, tiny light) and my engine overheats when the a/c is on. My 2 engine fans are working and I have enough coolant and water in the radiator although it boils away when the temp. has been high for about 15 minutes

Please why will the car overheat when I run the A/C? will getting a new engine solve my problem?

1 Like

Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
most likely
major causes of ooverheating are
bad water pump(engine part)
bad gasket(engine part)
bad air cooling fan
bad/blocked radiator
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
so a new engine will solve the problem. I have a good radiator system. could the a/c compressor be a cause?
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
AC compressor a cause ? No
if radiator is dirty, leaking water or one of the cells is blocked, u may have overheating.
But before buying a new engine, why not check the gasket and water pump?
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2012
thanks very much toba

1 Like

Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by ayemerbarth: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
Guy, replace ur radiator cover. Its #400. U ll b shocked how it works.
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
The Following always lead to over-heating in a car,

1. When your Water Pump is not working, check the pressure your water pump is giving, ask a good mechanic to check it for you

2. bad gasket: this is the major cause of over-heating in a car, but before you know if it is the gasket, drive the car without AC and see if it will over-heat, if it does then no need to change water pump, just know that it is the gasket.

let me know if you have tried this methods, i can diagnose the car for you to know the real problem
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by diamondovat: 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
i have a 2002 nissan maxima, that is overheating each time i on ma ac and my fans a working well.wen the ignition is on and the car is at stationary tha car dos not over heat even wen the ac is on but once i start accelerating the over heating starts. pls what could be the cause of this and possible solutions
Re: Solve A/C Overheating Prolems In Your Car by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2012
The combustion of fuel inside the motor is what produces heat. The higher your RPMs, the faster this process occurs, and the quicker your motor will heat up.If your cooling system isn't preventing the vehicle from overheating, it could be due to low coolant/no coolant, or it could be due to a bad thermostat. Please for the first guy who complained about over heating, i want you to check your tail-pipes if the smoke coming out from it is white, accelerate your car when by not moving it and see if white smoke is coming out, if no white smoke then it is not the head gasket, it is either the Thermostat Sensor that is bad.

One problem we have in Nigeria is getting the Original Sensor Number of the sensor we need, the mechanic will just bring the sensor and say this is sensor let me fix it, but you need to check the number on your sensor if it correspond to the one the mechanic bought from the market, White men are not fools, that is why there is spare-part stores every-where, you work in and find your sensor number holding your sensor with you, unless if you put another sensor with a different number, it will keep giving you similar problem after a short while, duo some sensor will work but others will not most of them will not work, that is why it is also good to diagnose your car to know the faults and also the codes.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Matrix Starting Issues / Korope/mini Bus On Installmental Payment/hire Purchase / Share Your Stories Of Mechanics Who Tried To Scam/Rip You Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.