Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,051 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. (1835 Views)

Naija Born American-nurse Willing To Relocate To Nigeria / Hepatitis And Company Employment In Nigeria / Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by OilCabal: 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2012
HI fellow nairalanders,

I am a Nigerian citizen who schooled in the country up until the secondary level, I was opportuned to go abroad to further my education in North America.

While there I met numerous Nigerian students who are walking the same path as me, although in different disciplines in the university.

Some of us have graduated and some are still in the process, and the discussion of going back home to enter the Nigerian work force and be a positive contribution

to our dear nation of Nigeria. We feel obligated to do something about the brain drain…we want to build our nation and not the nation of another people, because

we are always going to be second class citizens abroad.

I’m sure there are others out there like my friends and I who feel the same way, and are willing to come back to our birth nation to contribute and not just sit abroad.

This thread is aimed at the opportunities available in fields such as banking and finance, business management, engineering and so on.

I or we would like to know the ways to achieve this goal. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by mycito90: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2012
hmmm my frnd 9ja things nt easy so for u to have a job here u most knw people...
Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by tanimola22: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2012
Oil_Cabal: HI fellow nairalanders,

I am a Nigerian citizen who schooled in the country up until the secondary level, I was opportuned to go abroad to further my education in North America.

While there I met numerous Nigerian students who are walking the same path as me, although in different disciplines in the university.

Some of us have graduated and some are still in the process, and the discussion of going back home to enter the Nigerian work force and be a positive contribution

to our dear nation of Nigeria. We feel obligated to do something about the brain drain…we want to build our nation and not the nation of another people, because

we are always going to be second class citizens abroad.

I’m sure there are others out there like my friends and I who feel the same way, and are willing to come back to our birth nation to contribute and not just sit abroad.

This thread is aimed at the opportunities available in fields such as banking and finance, business management, engineering and so on.

I or we would like to know the ways to achieve this goal. Thank you.

Let me share a trick. It requires serious hard work and research, but I assume that anyone willing to get something must be prepared to go to the ends of the earth to ensure the thing is gotten.

This is the trick:

1. Visit the websites of all reputable companies based in Nigeria (especially the ones that don't do graduate programs)
2. Go to 'our people' or 'management team' or our 'directors' and read all the profiles there
3. Look for anyone that attended the same school you attended
4. Send him/her an email, or write a letter directly to him/her. Package the letter well and send it by post
5. Start a cordial relationship with him/her
6. Finally, express your willingness to join his/her team or other teams in his/her company

I can assure you that if you are diligent enough with your search, you will get at least a test/an interview invite.

This is one of my numerous tricks that have worked wonders. If I decide to come to naija today, I should not have any problems getting interviews and tests. This trick works like hell or, well, it has consistently worked for me sha. You may want to try it out.

The trick is based on pure psychology: you will always want to help those who are in one way or the other connected to you. Why do you think most Harvard/Yale/MIT alumni hardly find jobs? Well, their people are well stationed in the best of the best corporations. You only need an email to get an interview, and if you are good at interviewing then you get hired. Easy!

T22.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by nitrogen(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
tanimola22:

Let me share a trick. It requires serious hard work and research, but I assume that anyone willing to get something must be prepared to go to the ends of the earth to ensure the thing is gotten.

This is the trick:

1. Visit the websites of all reputable companies based in Nigeria (especially the ones that don't do graduate programs)
2. Go to 'our people' or 'management team' or our 'directors' and read all the profiles there
4. Send him/her an email, or write a letter directly to him/her. Package the letter well and send it by post
6. Finally, express your willingness to join his/her team or other teams in his/her company

I can assure you that if you are diligent enough with your search, you will get at least a test/an interview invite.

This is one of my numerous tricks that have worked wonders. If I decide to come to naija today, I should not have any problems getting interviews and tests. This trick works like hell or, well, it has consistently worked for me sha. You may want to try it out.

The trick is based on pure psychology: you will always want to help those who are in one way or the other connected to you. Why do you think most Harvard/Yale/MIT alumni hardly find jobs? Well, their people are well stationed in the best of the best corporations. You only need an email to get an interview, and if you are good at interviewing then you get hired. Easy!

T22.

tanimola22:

This is the trick:

T22.

nice one,

pls i sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by sgtkole: 11:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
tanimola22:

T22.

your strategy is definitely new and interesting. I would love to try it out.

Please what field are you currently working in?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by tanimola22: 2:31am On Apr 16, 2012
sgt.kole:

your strategy is definitely new and interesting. I would love to try it out.

Please what field are you currently working in?

At the moment, I don't work professionally. I do theoretical research in the field of quantitative financial economics.

There are many tricks or ways of going unconventional. The one I shared is just one of them. I have used it and it gave me a 'we would like to have a skpe/phone interview with you' request. As I said, it works more for companies that don't do graduate programs. It also works abroad. I used it for Schlumberger abroad and it worked. Unfortunately the remaining fault was mine grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Looking To Relocate And Secure Employment In Nigeria. by AlphaCEO: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
tanimola22:

This is the trick:

T22.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice On Geology/geophysics Skills / Should I Continue With ICAN Or Travel Abroad For My MASTER DEGREE. / Rise Above Your Contemporaries, Get Trained & Certified In The Nebosh IGC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.