Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors (8212 Views)

Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits / Video: Nigerian House Of Rep Member Defending Pay, Says He Is Not Payed Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by merengue: 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors Over Faulty N4.1m Car Bought For Rep's Wife-Vanguard
By Favour Nnabugwu

House of Representatives has summoned a Korean Company, makers of Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd to appear before the National Assembly for investigative hearing over alleged defective Elegance Jeep sold to Hon Willie Ogbeide, honourable of the 4th assembly.

The house in a letter signed by the chairman, House Committee on Public Petition, Hon Uzo Azubuike invited the company and Ogbeide to appear before the House next week Thursday over the alleged defective jeep sold by the company to Hon Ogbeide.

Hon Azubuike states in the letter, “The House of Representatives at its sitting of Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 received a petition from you against the managing director, Hyundai Motors Nig Ltd on alleged sale of defective Hyundai Jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS OL. To this effect you are invited to an investigative hearing on the matter” Speaking to Vanguard in Abuja Wednesday, Hon Ogbeide narrated that he bought a Hyundai jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS 2.0 litre for his wife who resides in Benin from the Korean company’s office at Airport Road, Abuja on October 27, 2011 at N4.1million, recounting that the jeep had within five weeks of purchase developed series of problems ranging from acceleration to air-condition.

According to him, “On October 27th October 2011 I purchased Hyundai jeep for my wife at a cost of N4.1million from Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd in Abuja. The car had barely worked for three weeks when it developed problem. It was sent back to the company which said it had repaired the fault and sent to us. About three days, the jeep broke-down in Sapele as my wife was using it to Warri.

The motor company was accordingly informed and it sent its mechanic who eventually took the car to their office in Abuja since it was obvious that the car had factory fault”. He elucidated, “The car had no Wheel spanner when it was delivered to me and that I first complained ,to them.

Then when l drove the car to Benin for my wife, I observed that it has acceleration problem, immediately l called Hyundai office to complain to them, they promised to rectify it since it was still under warranty and before we could solve that, the air-condition had problem for which l also called their office through my lawyer and in less than five weeks”.

“When l got tired of their dripping, I requested that they refund my money to me within seven days. They did not and have not responded and l wrote to House of Reps to save me and other Nigerians from the Korean company” Speaking to Vanguard, the administrative Manager of Hyundai, Mr Ichonye John and the Workshop Manager of the company, Mr Haari Sriohar who attended to Vanguard, both admitted that the jeep was bought from the company but would not comment on the matter as they have replied the House of Representatives upon receiving the summon from the House. “We don’t have anything to say on this.

We have received a letter and we have responded to it. We received instruction from our Lagos office on what to do and that has been done so we cannot say anything further on the issue”.

. http:///1RVSMk
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by deshclones(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2012
merengue:

A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors Over Faulty N4.1m Car Bought For Rep's Wife-Vanguard
By Favour Nnabugwu

House of Representatives has summoned a Korean Company, makers of Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd to appear before the National Assembly for investigative hearing over alleged defective Elegance Jeep sold to Hon Willie Ogbeide, honourable of the 4th assembly.

The house in a letter signed by the chairman, House Committee on Public Petition, Hon Uzo Azubuike invited the company and Ogbeide to appear before the House next week Thursday over the alleged defective jeep sold by the company to Hon Ogbeide.

Hon Azubuike states in the letter, “The House of Representatives at its sitting of Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012 received a petition from you against the managing director, Hyundai Motors Nig Ltd on alleged sale of defective Hyundai Jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS OL. To this effect you are invited to an investigative hearing on the matter” Speaking to Vanguard in Abuja Wednesday, Hon Ogbeide narrated that he bought a Hyundai jeep 1 x 35 Elegance GLS 2.0 litre for his wife who resides in Benin from the Korean company’s office at Airport Road, Abuja on October 27, 2011 at N4.1million, recounting that the jeep had within five weeks of purchase developed series of problems ranging from acceleration to air-condition.

According to him, “On October 27th October 2011 I purchased Hyundai jeep for my wife at a cost of N4.1million from Hyundai Motors Nigeria Ltd in Abuja. The car had barely worked for three weeks when it developed problem. It was sent back to the company which said it had repaired the fault and sent to us. About three days, the jeep broke-down in Sapele as my wife was using it to Warri.

The motor company was accordingly informed and it sent its mechanic who eventually took the car to their office in Abuja since it was obvious that the car had factory fault”. He elucidated, “The car had no Wheel spanner when it was delivered to me and that I first complained ,to them.

Then when l drove the car to Benin for my wife, I observed that it has acceleration problem, immediately l called Hyundai office to complain to them, they promised to rectify it since it was still under warranty and before we could solve that, the air-condition had problem for which l also called their office through my lawyer and in less than five weeks”.

“When l got tired of their dripping, I requested that they refund my money to me within seven days. They did not and have not responded and l wrote to House of Reps to save me and other Nigerians from the Korean company” Speaking to Vanguard, the administrative Manager of Hyundai, Mr Ichonye John and the Workshop Manager of the company, Mr Haari Sriohar who attended to Vanguard, both admitted that the jeep was bought from the company but would not comment on the matter as they have replied the House of Representatives upon receiving the summon from the House. “We don’t have anything to say on this.

We have received a letter and we have responded to it. We received instruction from our Lagos office on what to do and that has been done so we cannot say anything further on the issue”.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oPlease tell me this is a joke...... shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2012
ROFLMAO!!!! WOW . . . .WOW . . . WOW!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this some sort of late 'April fool' joke? I mean which house of representatives? Some local government group by that same label?? cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by wesley80(m): 1:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Ejine(m): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2012
SaharaReporters, I see? Hmmm. . . Cool, cool.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Yeske2(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2012
Won't believe this.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by congoshine(m): 3:53pm On Apr 15, 2012
merengue:

By Favour Nnabugwu

Wonders will never end. . . . kai !! embarassed embarassed
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by doctokwus: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
I dnt understand d responses above.So d house shdnt av summoned d company or what.Who knows whc other buyer had bn affected by d faults in dat brand of car but cudnt get half of d responses& co operation dis man is getting.This is one case of using influence positively for d benefit of others,evn if it may av startd frm a selfish perspective

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Daresh(f): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
So off all the problems in this country it is faulty Hyundai they saw to summon ppl up for? Na wah for Naija legislators.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 5:13pm On Apr 15, 2012
doctokwus: I dnt understand d responses above.So d house shdnt av summoned d company or what.Who knows whc other buyer had bn affected by d faults in dat brand of car but cudnt get half of d responses& co operation dis man is getting.This is one case of using influence positively for d benefit of others,evn if it may av startd frm a selfish perspective

Don't mind the posters jare....I'm the only one that sees things from your perspective and i do agree completely with you that this summon is entirely justified. Perhaps the next people to be handed such summons may be the silly Tailor who had used 2 piece cotton stripes to design Madam's party outfit instead of 3 or the unfortunate Barber who ingeniously gave Oga the wrong haircut!

You see, these cases are worth investigating at the tax-payer's expense, since we really don't have any pressing problems that ought to be debated and deliberated on in this country. There's no point spending time to ponder on child abuse cases or police murders; there's no point considering the lifestyle of Nigerians since the removal of fuel subsidy; there's no point discussing why cows happen to stray about on our runways or the epileptic power supply which most of us have grown up getting used to.

A nation represented by idiots?....No, i completely disgree! perhaps the voting majority are the idiots. Give them a few bags of rice during election campaigns and enjoy your smooth ride to the government house, after which you are then allowed to behave in a way that is totally unquestionable.

11 Likes

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by ektbear: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2012
Gross abuse of power by these reps if true.

Take your car to the dealership and have them fix it. Or utilize your warranty.

Don't turn the house of reps into a circus undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by violent(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
ekt_bear: Gross abuse of power by these reps if true.

Don't turn? hehehe....that will imply an event that hasn't taken place already.

If the house of reps isn't already a circus, please tell where the hell could one get such bursting fits of laughs in this country? Imagine men in their late 50s throwing chairs at each other in presence of a national TV station....what sort of shameful behavior could be more hilarious?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by honeric01(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2012
violent:

Don't mind the posters jare....I'm the only one that sees things from your perspective and i do agree completely with you that this summon entirely justified. Perhaps the next people to be handed such summons may be the silly Tailor who had used 2 piece cotton stripes to design Madam's party outfit instead of 3 or the unfortunate Barber who ingeniously gave Oga the wrong haircut!

You see, these cases are worth investigating at tax-payer's expenses, since we really don't have any pressing problems that ought to be debated and deliberated on in this country. There's no point spending time to ponder on child abuse cases or police murders; there's no point considering the lifestyle of Nigerians since the removal of fuel subsidy; there's no point discussing why cows happen to stray about on our runways or the epileptic power supply which most of us have grown up getting used to.

A nation represented by idiots?....No, i completely disgree! perhaps the voting majority are the idiots. Give them a few bags of rice during election campaigns and enjoy your smooth ride to the government house, after which you are then allowed to behave in a way that is totally unquestionable.

grin grin grin grin grin sarcasm grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Yeske2(m): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
ekt_bear: Gross abuse of power by these reps if true.

You just said it all, same as the SA deportation debacle. A legislator was involved and they became interested as if wrongful deportations hadn't occurred in the past but were they bothered?No. Take the damn car to the dealership and get it fixed. Selfish goons.

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by OAM4J: 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2012
Unbelievable!

So it has really gone this bad shocked
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by VoodooDoll(m): 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Fuc,,ing Head Off....PDP - POWER!
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Akshow: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
Like 4 real? Cant stp lolling. Oga gan ni o!
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Akshow: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
VoodooDoll: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Fuc,,ing Head Off....PDP - POWER!
same here bro. Same here.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
OAM4J: Unbelievable!

So it has really gone this bad shocked
u just dey know? what a question. Laugh wan finish me!
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by hane(m): 10:05pm On Apr 15, 2012
............and you will use billions to probe them? Smh

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by mcfranc(m): 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2012
This story na waste of web space and bandwidth. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by blank(f): 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2012
So Hyundai know that it is a factory fault yet they keep collecting money from me to fix it and it never gets fixed. grin.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Akshow: 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2012
doctokwus: I dnt understand d responses above.So d house shdnt av summoned d company or what.Who knows whc other buyer had bn affected by d faults in dat brand of car but cudnt get half of d responses& co operation dis man is getting.This is one case of using influence positively for d benefit of others,evn if it may av startd frm a selfish perspective
so turnin d house in2 a petty comon court 2 setle personal dispute makes sense 2 u abi? Dont new cars av warranty? Av d stewpid reps norrin berra 2 delebrate on? Mtcheeew
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2012
It's no big deal.
The man is using his powers to the max.

Summon the damn company and get 2 more jeeps free as compensation.

Soon they will start reporting their wives, mistresses and concubines to the idle lawmakers.

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by ismhab(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
tell me it is not true and u are joking.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by olajide8(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2012
I think I posted this somewhere, our greatest problem is education and that is why they have continued to deprive the majority of it, by licensing private schools which majority, because of poverty wouldn't be able to afford and systematically, killing all the government owned institutions by increasing the number and reducing the quality, bearing in mind that they share the same amount of funds for the increased number of institutions the budget, education liberates and that's why places In the southwest are moving forward, the southwest know, and will only allow the best to represent them, now what will I call this national assembly of major have their way and minority their say, when STANDARDS ORGANISATION is their they ursper the power and abrogate it to themselves because of their own person interest forgetting the common man on the street goes through this experience and does have anywhere to take his case, to even make matters worst the said car is not even for the legislator! imagine his WIFE's car, in which way does this personal interest issue supersede the nigerian case study issue, at hand now, imagine the national assembly is ordering a probe into a members personal issue with an organisation, and using the name nigeria to fight for an individual, (you see the us against them syndrome) I don't blame them its the people that sentimentally out of ignorance voted for them I blame without allowing opposition to give them a alternative to good representation politics of selectivity and turn by turn, ask and I wouldnt be surprised if his a PDP member these people are simply useless and we need to start to occupy their faces imagine a country with a CLUELESS head and clueless legislators oh! The majority in the national assembly and this disgrace they always put us through imagine them showing it live on TV for the world to see ha! People people people vote wisely if you know they would fight for you don't vote for anyone at all its better to not have a representation then to have this majority fools imagine how the world looks at us with this foolish people making laws ha!
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
ℓ̊ refuse to believe this
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Exponental(m): 10:32pm On Apr 15, 2012
u smoke somtin cheaper than weeds.
Has warranty elapsed?..... Nonetical n stupedous elements.
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by PHIPEX(m): 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2012
Where have I been. Please someone should help me inform the HONOURABLE members that my landlord has been playing loud music at nights. When I tried to question him, he threatened to give me quit notice. That man needs to be summoned to the house grin grin

Wetin pesin no go hear for dis kontri? grin cheesy Next time, the man will petition the house over his cook that added to much salt to his egusi soup. Are the HONOURABLES dis idle that they now waste their time on bedroom affairs? I hope this is a joke.

1 Like

Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by olajide8(m): 10:43pm On Apr 15, 2012
blink182: ℓ̊ refuse to believe this
^^^ pls do believe for further confirmation read this www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/reps-summon-hyundai-motors-over-faulty-n4-1m-jeep/
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2012
Did the US congress not invite Toyota over defects in its vehicle ? So whats the big deal about this since someone just have to be the complainant ?
Re: A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors by PrinceDudu(m): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2012

Ma broda, Na wa O! Even pipo wey no get bicycle tyre sef dey vex say dem report d company.
I tire 4 som kain pipo o. Anyway dem no fit understand sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Be Speaking Arabic Not English (because Its An Arabian Country) / Abia APC Congress: Ogah To Ikechi Emenike You Are A 'Mischief Maker-in-chief' / Defection Hits APC, NNPP As 12,963 Members Dump Parties For PDP In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.