Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH (2965 Views)

How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion / AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2012
Yesterday, being 14th, a patient who had head injury already being managed in a private hospital presented in A/E of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State, gasping. Eorts were made to stabilize him. Investigations including Cranial CT was requested for, as patient was undergoing treatment.
However it was unfortunate that he couldn't make it beyond 24hrs. This led to scene in the Emergency department as d Patient Relatives became violent, even to other doctors not involved in the brothers case...
Security alerted, didn't do much, till the CMD, Prof. Robinson Ofiaeli, was alerted thru phone.
He spoke with the H/O, then the Resident and eventually the Chief security Officer, whom he eventually ordered to Arrest the Doctor. It was even shocking to d security officer! He then asked the policemen to arrest the doctor!!!
ARD.... HELD AN EMERGENCY MEETING.... and have decided on an Indefinite Strike TILL THE CMD APOLOGISES...

NOW DOCTORS ARE ON STRIKE.... WHO IS TO BE BLAMED.... AND WHO WILL SUFFER?
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by doctokwus: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2012
On what basis was d doctor arrested.Whc dr,d h/o or d resident.Dis thread is so scanty wt info dat am taking it wt a pinch of salt,its sounding more like nnewi mkt gossip dan sth dat actually tuk place,or if it did,completely dfferent frm d op's narration
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by 5hamkhan(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2012
oh my god :/
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2012
The Resident... this is wat happnd. True Live Story... ARD ARE NOW ON STRIKE...IN NAUTH...

The basis of d order of arrest by d CMD, is that d mother of d patient whom d CMD spoke with said d drugs she bought b4 d son died was not given by d Dr.

Now, every unit hv thr protocols...
Casualty officer who 1st saw d patient had some management outline...b4 inviting d Neurosurgery team on-call, that initiated their management plan...
d witheld some of d drugs at d moment.
Now d NeuroSurgery unit that hv taken over management cannot give d drugs whch is not in thr outline..

D CMD did not just even discuss wit d unit consultant
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by doctokwus: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2012
Cmanforall: The Resident... this is wat happnd. True Live Story... ARD ARE NOW ON STRIKE...IN NAUTH...

The basis of d order of arrest by d CMD, is that d mother of d patient whom d CMD spoke with said d drugs she bought b4 d son died was not given by d Dr.

Casualty officer who 1st saw d patient had some management outline...b4 inviting d Neurosurgery team on-call, that initiated their management plan...
Now d NeuroSurgery unit that hv taken over management cannot give d drugs whch is not in thr outline..

Ok,sounds more like it now;sorry I doubtd ur story bc of d scanty details.Was wondering when d consultant/unit head of d team on call wud come in dis story.D COMMAND messd up bigtime,imagine ordering arrest of a md;that's gross professional misconduct
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Yeske2(m): 7:55pm On Apr 15, 2012
This is preposterous, the CMD has a case with MDCN. How would he take such drastic action over the phone without following protocol i.e making all indicted officers face a panel as supposed? Guess he was drunk when he took that decision.
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Yeske2(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2012
Cmanforall: The Resident... this is wat happnd. True Live Story... ARD ARE NOW ON STRIKE...IN NAUTH...

Not discussing with the unit consultant makes the case even worse for him. He forgot his post is an administrative one.
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2012
Yeske!:
This is preposterous, the CMD has a case with MDCN. How would he take such drastic action over the phone without following protocol i.e making all indicted officers face a panel as supposed? Guess he was drunk when he took that decision.

I wonder!!!
Resident doctors are really not happy..
Now other Patient Relatives make reference to d situation....threatening worse things wud happn if care not giving 2those d taking care of
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Yeske2(m): 8:34pm On Apr 15, 2012
Cmanforall:

I wonder!!!
Resident doctors are really not happy..
Now other Patient Relatives make reference to d situation....threatening worse things wud happn if care not giving 2those d taking care of
What an insult!
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2012
Drs. thr shud b security cautious!!!
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by seleroms: 12:23am On Apr 16, 2012
Dont mind some bloody doctors all hell will be on the H/O on duty this morning in UBTH after i bury my mum tomorrow who they killed due to their negligence. They forgot imagine to administer some drugs. I am in the field and know how to tackle them,heads will roll no doubt. A/E is supposed to have quick response,keen and vigilant hands but the reverse is the case most of the time

Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2012
Will the CMD(Chief Medical Director) apologise?
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by doctokwus: 10:54am On Apr 16, 2012
seleroms: Dont mind some bloody doctors all hell will be on the H/O on duty this morning in UBTH after i bury my mum tomorrow who they killed due to their negligence. They forgot imagine to administer some drugs. I am in the field and know how to tackle them,heads will roll no doubt. A/E is supposed to have quick response,keen and vigilant hands but the reverse is the case most of the time
U are in whc field?Dnt b so confident dat u can situate d fault on d dr,it takes a lot to convict on negligence which itself can b from both sides.Y not condoning negligence frm any medical dr,whc shdnt be tolerated,drs too av strong points frm d medico-legal/administrative angle when it comes to drug administration:u dnt just rush& gv a patient a drug w/o making sure dat standard protocols on drug adm are followed,giving a wrong drug is evn more disastrous& easily fatal dan not givin on time.All d same condolescences& may u @least get a proper inquest into d death of ur mum
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2012
Cmanforall: Yesterday, being 14th, a patient who had head injury already being managed in a private hospital presented in A/E of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State, gasping. Eorts were made to stabilize him. Investigations including Cranial CT was requested for, as patient was undergoing treatment.
However it was unfortunate that he couldn't make it beyond 24hrs. This led to scene in the Emergency department as d Patient Relatives became violent, even to other doctors not involved in the brothers case...
Security alerted, didn't do much, till the CMD, Prof. Robinson Ofiaeli, was alerted thru phone.
He spoke with the H/O, then the Resident and eventually the Chief security Officer, whom he eventually ordered to Arrest the Doctor. It was even shocking to d security officer! He then asked the policemen to arrest the doctor!!!
ARD.... HELD AN EMERGENCY MEETING.... and have decided on an Indefinite Strike TILL THE CMD APOLOGISES...

NOW DOCTORS ARE ON STRIKE.... WHO IS TO BE BLAMED.... AND WHO WILL SUFFER?

I'm yet to understand the reason why a doctor should be arrested in this instance. There is a laid-down procedure in every tertiary centre to investigate and punish doctors involved in the mismanagement of a patient. The case must be forwarded to the ethics committee, who will review the management of the patient. In a bid to ascertain any incidence of mismanagement or gross negligence. It is the duty of the committee to report to the CMD and suggest the appropriate punitive measures.
Moreover, I'm yet to understand why the dead patients relative should resort to physical assault on doctors. They should have managed their relative at home if they think that they are more competent.
Finally, this gist is so scanty. The action of the CMD is incredible.
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2012
ACM10:

I'm yet to understand the reason why a doctor should be arrested in this instance. There is a laid-down procedure in every tertiary centre to investigate and punish doctors involved in the mismanagement of a patient. The case must be forwarded to the ethics committee, who will review the management of the patient. In a bid to ascertain any incidence of mismanagement or gross negligence. It is the duty of the committee to report to the CMD and suggest the appropriate punitive measures.
Moreover, I'm yet to understand why the dead patients relative should resort to physical assault on doctors. They should have managed their relative at home if they think that they are more competent.
Finally, this gist is so scanty. The action of the CMD is incredible.

not investigating properly, settingup a committee to do so b4 giving an arrest order is among d Reason Resident Doctors are now on strike...
Note when d police came to d hospital, everybody tot its 4 them 2calm d situation & protect d Drs. on duty.... The Chief Security Officer was also surprised at d CMD' Order
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by naijaking1: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
How did he become CMD without understanding the pathophysiology of intracranial trauma? He must have purchased his certificate from Ochanja market and then bribed his way into the CMD position. Cry thy beloved nation!
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 12:47pm On Apr 16, 2012
Cmanforall:

not investigating properly, settingup a committee to do so b4 giving an arrest order is among d Reason Resident Doctors are now on strike...
Note when d police came to d hospital, everybody tot its 4 them 2calm d situation & protect d Drs. on duty.... The Chief Security Officer was also surprised at d CMD' Order

I find it difficult to understand the rationale behind the action of the CMD. His action shows that he lacks faith in the competence of his doctors. If this gist eventually turns out to be true. He's gonna have a serious trust issues with ARD. In fact, he is incapable of piloting the administrative affairs of NAUTH. This is one the reasons why doctors insist adamantly on occupying the post of CMD. The CMD should just resign from that post because this action will continue to plague him throughout his remaining tenure on that post. His relationship with doctors will continue to be tense. It's the patients that eventually bears the brunt of the fallout from this feud.
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2012
naijaking1: How did he become CMD without understanding the pathophysiology of intracranial trauma? He must have purchased his certificate from Ochanja market and then bribed his way into the CMD position. Cry thy beloved nation!

lol
Surgeon Naijaking1, you no go murder me with laff. I guess he purchased his certificate from Nkwo Nnewi
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
seleroms: Dont mind some bloody doctors all hell will be on the H/O on duty this morning in UBTH after i bury my mum tomorrow who they killed due to their negligence. They forgot imagine to administer some drugs. I am in the field and know how to tackle them,heads will roll no doubt. A/E is supposed to have quick response,keen and vigilant hands but the reverse is the case most of the time

You have every right to to seek redress in the court of law. But the use of expletive on doctors is completely wrong. You can never understand the dilemma doctors pass through in the management of patients except you are in the profession. The onus is on you and your attorneys to prove that there was an incidence of gross negligence in the management of your mum. My sympathy for your loss
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
Cmanforall:
He spoke with the H/O, then the Resident and eventually the Chief security Officer,

Are you serious?!

So the CMD spoke with the House officer, the Resident and CSO in that order? The order is supposed to be the consultant(head of the team), the resident, H/O.

This is a very serious breech in protocol.

Did he speak with the consultant heading the team?

BTW, what do u mean by the chief security officer(CSO)? Do u mean deputy CSO?

Aint the CMD the CSO of NAUTH?

This your story will make a Nollywood blockbuster.

Either the CMD is drunk on unrefined local gin OR you invented this story.
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by Cmanforall: 7:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
ACM10:

Are you serious?!

So the CMD spoke with the House officer, the Resident and CSO in that order? The order is supposed to be the consultant(head of the team), the resident, H/O.

This is a very serious breech in protocol.

Did he speak with the consultant heading the team?

BTW, what do u mean by the chief security officer(CSO)? Do u mean deputy CSO?

Aint the CMD the CSO of NAUTH?

This your story will make a Nollywood blockbuster.

Either the CMD is drunk on unrefined local gin OR you invented this story.

Inventing? not at all.... U can call any1 u knw in NAUTH, ask him if ARD ARE ON STRIKE?

CMD- Chief Medical Director.
CSO- Chief Security Officer
In NAUTH, CSO is d head of d Security guards/men.
So CMD is differnt 4rm CSO in NAUTH, But mayb in your mother's kitchen d r dsame whr u cook all ur rubbish...
If u dnt hv idea of Tertiary HEALTH institution, just keep silent...M.U.M.U...
Re: CMD Orders Arrest Of A Doctor In NAUTH by ACM10: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2012
Cmanforall:

Inventing? not at all.... U can call any1 u knw in NAUTH, ask him if ARD ARE ON STRIKE?

CMD- Chief Medical Director.
CSO- Chief Security Officer
In NAUTH, CSO is d head of d Security guards/men.
So CMD is differnt 4rm CSO in NAUTH, But mayb in your mother's kitchen d r dsame whr u cook all ur rubbish...
If u dnt hv idea of Tertiary HEALTH institution, just keep silent...M.U.M.U...

In tertiary institutions like the university. The chief security officer(CSO) is the Vice Chancellor(VC), just as GEJ is the Nigeria's president as well as the Nigeria's CSO. The same applies to the tertiary health institution like UNTH, UBTH, NAUTH, etc. If there is any security breech, the CMD in his role as the CSO is the one to be questioned by the minister for health. There is no how that the minister of health will bypass the CMD and establish a direct link with the head of the security. BTW, do u know that the head of the security is answerable to the CMD? My friend, the CMD is the CSO, while the head of the security is the deputy CSO.

(1) (Reply)

Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work? / Governors Akpabio, Obi, Mimiko And Jang Behind Plot To Break Up Governors Forum / The Lion Of Bourdillion (bola Ahmed Tinubu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.